Add Reply
New Poll

Hideaway, Post-Masquerade Dork
☽ LADY VIRGINIA STORK
 Posted: Jun 16 2017, 11:42 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

One thing Virginia still remembered from her time being alive: Spend enough time at any ball or banquet, and it will prove to be more exhausting than a social event should ever feel. Most of it was the direct result of constantly interacting with people, many of them strangers, while being aware of one's surroundings, keeping one's poise, and making sure that one kept moving around instead of getting bogged down in any given corner. Eat little, drink with moderation, and stay conscious of avoiding any conversational faux pas.
Having fun was hard work.

In addition to all that, the Masquerade also provided extra obstacles that Lady Stork needed to clear. One was the mystery of masks - one could never know with whom she was having a conversation, and while it was unlikely that any mystery guests were foes, that did not mean she could interact with them as close friends either. Virginia found that she had a hard time guessing identities - even when she knew what (or whom) she was looking for. For example, while she thought she might have caught a glimpse of Douglas over the course of the evening, she could never be sure. She noticed that the fact filled her with a certain amount of disappointment, even frustration. While she did end up having other, decidedly charming, dance and conversation partners, she did miss her... friend.

The other obstacle was her own outfit. She rarely dressed in such revealing things; this time, Desiree was to be blamed for the bold choice that was so out of character (or so she believed) for the Victorian lady that she spent the evening subtly checking to make sure all parts of the dress were still where they needed to be. Luckily, the mask covered most of her face, and with it the occasional blush. Still, with all above things considered, she felt like she was constantly on display.

By the time Moon's speech was over, and guests were beginning to disperse into the late night, Virginia was in sore need of a place where she could be alone. Not that she did not like the Guardians, or was glad that she had been invited to the Masquerade... but now, she needed to take a breath (not an easy feat in the dress), and calm her head a little.
She ended up in the Librarium. It was empty, this late at night, and the familiar smell of books combined with the blessed silence of a reading space had an immediate soothing effect on Virginia. The Librarim was filled with good memories, and provided comfort. She sighed as she walked in, smoothing down her pearl-studded dress, and closed her eyes, leaning against the nearest bookshelf for a moment.

Sometimes, one just needed a moment of quiet.
PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Jun 30 2017, 08:08 PM
10,000 • Rabbit • Knowledge • N/A

Thehh’d bin quite an event goin’ on fahh as ‘e could tell. Douglas was...given th’same invitation as th’rest ov cahhrse, bu’ bein’ as he knew a lot ov th’story vat was bein’ told…’e din’t really fink ‘e had ter go. Vat an’ well...th’kind ov even jus’ wan’t fer him. Too uptight, too fancy. It jus’ din’t suit him ‘ny. Too fancy, too crowded, nae vat it was a bad fing….jus’ nae th’style ov someone wot liked ter go arahhnd in as little clovves as necess’ry. ‘E was an animal spirit born an’ well...last ‘e checked rabbits din’t weahh anyfin’ but fer theihh skin an’ fur.

Nae offense ter th’uvver Gahhdians bu’ he din’t go. It jus’ wan’t his style; betwen bein’ more ov an introvehhted spirit an’ th’fact vat th’whole Masquerade envihhnment was a bit stuffy ter his tastes….’e stayed be’ind an’ tended ter th’Librarium - which seemed ter be gettin’ more visits vese days. Vat made him happy ter be honest; th’Librarium ‘ad a whole lot ov magical resources available - it was hahhd ter tuhhn away wiff all th’books vat wehh jus’ sittin’ thehh ter be read. ‘E often fahhnd himself stayin’ ‘ere when ‘e wan’t busy wiff th’Gahhdians.

Douglas ‘ad bin sitting up on top ov one ov th’bookshelves, readin’ abahht th’fouhh ‘eavenly beasts ov Korean myffs. ‘Onestly ‘e jus liked ter sit back an’ relax readin’ abahht each ov vese tales whenevehh ‘e wan’t busy; e’en if’t was a story ‘e’d read before ‘e liked ter refresh ‘is memory. Bu’ vis time, ‘e fahhnd himself bein’ distuhhbed by th’sahhnd ov soft footsteps from below. Douglas pressed ‘imself dahhn onto thtop ov th’shelf, an’ peered dahhn o’er th’edge ter see…

Well wan’t vat jus’ a shock.

‘Ad th’Gahhdians’ meeting ended? Or was she jus’ here cause she got exhausted from all th’socializin’? Eivver way ‘t was a good time ter pay th’bihhd a visit. Douglas moved fohhwahhd, an’ leaped dahhn from th’top ov th’shelf - a good high jump bu’ he was a rabbit, vis was normal fer him - an’ he landed nae fahh from th’introspectin’ bihhd.

”Ye find yerself a little lost, bihhd? Ye look like yer mind’s wanderin’.”

Thehh was a genuine smile on ‘is face - one ov th’few times ‘e greeted someone fihhst wiff a real, genuine smile. ”Tell me, was the pahhty good fun?”
you can count on me
You started sinking and it pulled you down It may be tough you've to get back up Because you know that life ain't over yet I'm here for you so don't forget You can count on me Cause’ I will carry you till you Carry on Anytime you need someone Somebody strong to lean on Well you can count on me To hold you till the healing is done And every time you fall apart Well you can hide here in my arms And you can count on me To hold you till that feeling is gone
Take him up on the offer do it |love, libby

LADY VIRGINIA STORK
PM
^
☽ LADY VIRGINIA STORK
 Posted: Jul 1 2017, 08:30 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Douglas just... appeared out of nowhere. For a man his size, it was remarkable how he moved sometimes, probably due to his rabbit and trickster nature. Virginia let our a surprised gasp as he landed in front of her, probably giving him exactly the reaction he was hoping for. In her need for a quiet place, she completely forgot how much time he spent in there. She was the only one to blame, really, for the jump.

>>”Ye find yerself a little lost, bihhd? Ye look like yer mind’s wanderin’.”

"How did you know it was me?" Virginia blurted out, then immediately regretted the question. He was, after all, Guardian of Knowledge, and as much as she felt dressed in a way that was out of the ordinary for her, she was probably very much recognizable to him. She clicked her tongue at her own foolishness, then reached up to undo the ribbons of her mask. The thing was getting bothersome anyway.

>>”Tell me, was the pahhty good fun?”

"It is almost done now." she sighed, taking the mask off. The cool air felt nice on her skin. "It was... interesting. People got a little more... familiar, with the masks on." She even got asked to dance. But that was another story. She tilted her head, looking at Douglas who was not dressed for the party at all. It was surprising that he would have missed Moon's speech. "Have you been here all night?..."
PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Jul 13 2017, 09:26 PM
10,000 • Rabbit • Knowledge • N/A

Poor fing ‘ad jumped - bu’ vat was sahhrt ov th’point. ‘E might ov gotten past most ov ‘is practical tricks whehh Gin was concehhned, bu’ time an’ again ‘e did enjoy still trickin’ her in a few ways. Much tamehh van any ov ‘is uvver games ov cahhrse, poor fing would prob’ly die ov embahhasment if ‘e went wiff any ov ‘is old bag ov tricks. Trickstehh spirits could be some’at vulgahh wiff theihh games. Best nae ter kill th’bihhd.

Cute vat she was so shocked ‘e could figger ahht whehh she was. Really nahh, as a huntehh vat was sahhrt ov wot ‘e was best at, sniffin’ folks ahht. ”You ‘appen ter look an’ smell unique, bihhd. I was up thehh-” Douglas poin’ed up, ter th’top ov one ov th’shelves. ”I was jus’ goin’ o’er a few recohhds an’ I saw ye - smelled ye fihhst though. It’s yer smell vat gives ye away th’most.” ‘e leaned easily ‘gainst th’bookcase as she undid th’mask abahht ‘er face. Vat was a bit ov a shame, ‘e kinda liked’t, it looked real nice - pahht ov him wondehhed whehh she got’t from. Did she make’t hehhself, wiff vat illusion magic ov ‘ers?

Good ter heahh vat th’pahhty was windin’ dahhn now. ‘E wan’t really one fer such bahhts ov excitement. He grinned, smihhkin’ as he edged a bit neahhehh ter th’bihhd. ”Familiahh, is’t? Did ye happen ter make yer way in and ahht ov any broom closets?” Awrigh’ he knew vat was low an’ would prob’ly git th’poor bihhd tuhhnin’ bright red, bu’ he had ter make th’jest all th’same. ”I bin jus’ fine. I awready knew wot th’Man in th’Moon was gonna tell ye folks; bein’ as I wohhk up thehh wiff th’brat. Sah I bin spendin’ me time ‘ere readin’. I migh’ like ter talk a lot bu’ suhhprisin’ly pahhties an’ that sahhrt jus’ ain’t me style.” Aftehh vat, Douglas gave Gin a quick once o’er an’ relaxed inter a genuine sahhrt ov smile.

”Ye look nice.”
you can count on me
You started sinking and it pulled you down It may be tough you've to get back up Because you know that life ain't over yet I'm here for you so don't forget You can count on me Cause’ I will carry you till you Carry on Anytime you need someone Somebody strong to lean on Well you can count on me To hold you till the healing is done And every time you fall apart Well you can hide here in my arms And you can count on me To hold you till that feeling is gone
Was that a shippy moment |love, libby

LADY VIRGINIA STORK
PM
^
☽ LADY VIRGINIA STORK
 Posted: Jul 14 2017, 06:16 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Once the mask was removed, Virginia reached up to tuck some stray strands of her accurately behind her ear. There was amusement in Douglas' eyes as she asked him how he knew it was her; the answer was so obvious she could have guessed it herself the moment she asked the question.

>>”You ‘appen ter look an’ smell unique, bihhd. I was up thehh- I was jus’ goin’ o’er a few recohhds an’ I saw ye - smelled ye fihhst though. It’s yer smell vat gives ye away th’most.”

"Oh." Instinctively, Virginia inhaled, trying to guess what smell he was talking about. It was the perfume she was wearing, most likely; she was never one for extravagant scents, but she liked the faint hint of lilies of the valley or lavender, or other flowers that had been popular in her youth. Not in excess, of course. But Douglas was part trickster and wholly a rabbit; he was bound to have a keen sense of smell. The thought made her cheeks color pink again as the conversation moved on to the masquerade.

>>”Familiahh, is’t? Did ye happen ter make yer way in and ahht ov any broom closets?”

"Broom closets...?" it took Virginia a moment to grasp the implication - but when she did, she straightened her spine with an angry flash of her eyes. "Excuse me, Douglas! Just what kind of a woman do you think I am?..."

He seemed amused by the whole thing, again. He had clearly been joking at her expense. Still, the mere idea of... spending time in private in close quarters with an unknown male person... was just outrageous. She clicked her tongue, letting Douglas know that she did not appreciate the implication.

>>”I bin jus’ fine. I awready knew wot th’Man in th’Moon was gonna tell ye folks; bein’ as I wohhk up thehh wiff th’brat. Sah I bin spendin’ me time ‘ere readin’. I migh’ like ter talk a lot bu’ suhhprisin’ly pahhties an’ that sahhrt jus’ ain’t me style.”

The party... had been interesting. Occasionally entertaining, even. Virginia did not regret going, and she felt more a part of the Guardians' movement than she had in a long time. Still... she would have expected to see Douglas there as well. He was friendly, and people seemed to like him. Sure, he knew Moon, and what he had been planning, but surely...

>>”Ye look nice.”

Her train of thought derailed at those words. She looked up at Douglas, surprised, and noted the smile, a different kind of smile than his usual teasing smirk. Self-consciously, her hands smoothed down her pearl-studded dress, and then flitted to her hair again. Damn, he had a habit of catching her out of sorts.

"Why... thank you." she knew she was flustered, but could do little about it. His appreciation, she found, meant a lot to her, although she could not explain why - and neither could she solve the puzzle of why she had been trying to catch a glimpse of him at the masquerade all night. "It is a pity you did not come to the gathering." she ventured, forgetting to check her words at the exit "I would say you would have probably worn a costume well..."
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.