Add Reply
New Poll

Oh How Things Have Changed, Tag: Pitch Black
♠ TAER DALIT
 Posted: Jan 3 2017, 06:39 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

When Taer awoke, he was surrounded by darkness. Only the slightest sliver of moonlight creeped into the cave through a hole in the roof. That was enough for him. There wasn’t much around him. Dirt mostly. A few chunks of what might have been a ship littered the floor of the cavern but time and whatever lived in the cave had eaten it away years ago. There weren’t nothin but him and silence. He stood there for a minute. There were things on this planet, he could feel them and their dreams. Livin things. Things that could fear. Things he could feed off of. That was good. Meant this planet might be worth somethin, wherever it was. Taer could feel him too. Pitch Black. That was probably a good thing too, even if he didn’t much like the man. If there were any others on the planet like him, it’d be better for there to be some sort of order rather than the various Nightmare Men goin batshit out in the open. He’d better report in too unless he wanted to old general to come after him. That was more trouble than it was worth. Still, he stood there for a few good minutes before navigatin his way outta the cave.

The planet was interestin. It was the biggest he’d been on and it sure as hell wasn’t the most advanced. Lyra might’ve been more advance than this place. It only seemed to be inhabited by humans as well, which made things pretty bland sentient species wise. But it was interestin. For a planet with only one species, it sure had a lot of issues. Taer made a point of watchin for said issues. Political unrest. Infighting within governments. Acts of terror both domestic and alien. It was all important. Understanding the very depths of a planet was how you came to understand the planet as a whole. What did the society draw attention to? What did it cover up? What did it deem important and not? What made the people feel good? What scared them? He made note of all of it, slowly fillin in the answers to those questions one by one.

He was sure to move carefully as well. Until he knew what was goin on, he didn’t want to draw any attention to himself. Instead, he was carefully to only travel through the barest of allies and usually a night. He did stop a few times to feed. Spending stars knows how long asleep, he had worked up an appitite. There were times when it was hard not to fall into that animalistic frenzy that all Nightmare Men had trouble with but he managed. Others were free to act like that but he weren’t no animal. He had more self control than that. He even stopped briefly to change into something that might blend in better with the people here. Instead of his light green tunic, pants, and decorative sash, he now wore some dark blue pants, jeans maybe, and a dark green piece of clothing called a hoodie. He had a feelin he was goin to like hoodies. The thing had the biggest pocket he’d ever seen and easily fit both his journals inside of it. This planet couldn’t be too bad if it had somethin like that.

‘A course, takin the time to get to know a new planet meant that it took him a while to find Pitch’s new hidey hole. And it really was a hole. His face curled into one of his silent snarls as he looked over the entrance. At least the one he found. He hoped there was one better than the one he’d found. It weren’t nothin but some dark crevice in the wall of a cliff in some place called Italy. Considerin the fact that he’d last been aboard massive vessels, travelin through the stars and destroyin ‘em as he went, he couldn’t say he was much impressed with this new place. He let out an aggrivated sign before takin the first few steps into the tunnel. Ideally, the boss would be out to meet him shortly after he stepped foot into the new place. After all, they needed to have a few words.

CARMA
PM
^
♠ PITCH BLACK
 Posted: Jan 5 2017, 02:32 PM
Unknown • Nightmare King • Fear • N/A

The actually most casual intro.
When one of his….old friends awoke, it was like the flip of a switch.

He could feel it as though new energy coursed through him; could track that energy to its source. If there was a would-be circuit that ran between him and his Nightmare Men, he could follow the wire that connected them. Of course, it wasn’t so literal and there was no true visible indicator that give him the path - he simply knew, as they knew. After all it was a path that had two ends; it simply made sense that the other could find him. Pitch was not a man who could simply...ah, drop everything to stop in for a home visit, though. After the wonderful failure that was Nian Shi Lan and putting an end to her idiocy he had rather a few things to manage. The first of which was to...ensure a certain traitorous little girl felt the gravity of her choice.

He’d had suspicions since the last time they had met. She had stepped in on a scene that was not hers to witness and, while she had delivered the killing blow, there was a fracture in her that had begun to spread. While he held no qualms with her standing on the side of the Guardians in this issue - after all, Nian had foolishly made to use children, the very fuel that fed them all, as sacrifices - it certainly spoke volumes as to where her allegiance lay now. That said, he couldn’t simply kill her. There was an image he hoped to maintain with allies, enemies and those unaffiliated at once. He was sympathetic to the feelings of his allies - those who were shunned by the world for simply existing, those who were confused and sought guidance. He had painted an image which even the Guardians would have difficulty contending; why was it wrong for his allies to live and survive? Some creatures were borne that could only feast on flesh. It wasn’t wrong, it simply was. With a general’s tactical mind and successful operations he could earn respect and credibility; with this voice of empathy however he won something perhaps more important - and that was the heart. If he could seduce the heart into seeing him as a man doing right by the unvalued many, allies would flock. He couldn’t, then, mar his image by murdering one of his oldest recruits; she chose to defect in a way that was more difficult to handle; if she had attacked him or his allies in the way the Fury had, then easily he could have her hunted. But, he had a better idea.

Sand was a tricky thing. It found its way through all manner of crevices; often it was left unnoticed, a few grains here and there - there were always particles of dust in the air, grains of sand tracked from one place to another without thought. It was easy to enter the body - a form which had many orifices through which it could travel. Into the ear, the eyes, the nose, the mouth, an open wound. She hadn’t noticed it, when it first entered her but now, with subtlety, he would make her life a beautiful nightmare. Perhaps enough so that she would come back. Of course if she returned to him, there would be a great many conditions to be had. But now...for now...everything was in order. She would begin to feel it soon.

It was about then that he felt...ah, one of his newly awakened companions drawing nearer. The Nightmare King slipped through the shadows, seeking the source of that energy, seeking the darkness so similar to his own. He could feel as he drew nearer, it was more potent, the feeling of the other’s presence. The Nightmare King receded from the shadows, standing in a dark cavern with…..

Ah, there.

He gave a curt nod, smiling thinly. ”Good morning.”
♔ ree @ atf & shine
PM
^
♠ TAER DALIT
 Posted: Jan 15 2017, 04:27 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Taer knew when Pitch was comin the second he took a step in his direction. The whole tunnel stank of his presence. And the heart of the presence was headin his way. So watchin Pitch come poppin out of the wall like some sort of meerkat weren’t surprisin. Taer gave a grunt that arguably sounded like a greeting. He weren’t the kind for pleasantries. Pleasantries were for people who had time, which for the most part, meant someone other than himself. Someone like the high and mighty General.

He gave Pitch a good once over. He’d changed just as much as their surroundings had. Instead of the heavy armor that he wore during the Golden Age and it’s fall, now he was prancing around in a black... dress. With a nice plunging neckline no less. If it were someone else, he might have said something but Pitch still held himself with that aristocratic confidence so he supposed the guy pulled it off.

”Been a while. We livin in holes now?” He peered around the dank tunnel, showing just how unimpressed he was. ”Cause it’s missin your usual flair.” He would have expected Pitch to be ruling this planet from his own castle. Not hiding in a tunnel. Getting used to whatever change had happened was going to take time, and until Pitch gave him a good explanation, he weren’t afraid to show just how much he disliked it. Not that he was hatin on Pitch or nothin, but to him it seemed like they’d gone from kings to cockroaches.

CARMA
PM
^
♠ PITCH BLACK
 Posted: Jan 16 2017, 04:32 PM

Follow me
Not all were entirely pleasant to talk to. He understood that much well enough. Mm...some of his allies were quite frankly uncouth; but ah, he wouldn’t hold it to them if they were able to support his cause - and Nightmare Men in particular were a lovely find - many of his shadowy brethren found themselves lost to the world, this one was a member among….perhaps the uncultured variety. That, of course, could be lived with; at least, provided his new ally was useful in some fashion. He rather hoped this was at least a useful piece.

He certainly was an interesting specimen. He wasn’t immediately recognizable - not by race. He was not one among the major Constellations, probably instead a survivor from one of the outlying star systems. He found himself appraising the other with his gaze - just as, he noticed, the other was likewise doing to him. Physically he didn’t look like much; unique, yes, but not like much. He was an interesting specimen but...what all would that mean for his capabilities? So far he had little to go on, but that would certainly change. The other would not have awakened if not to serve him, and to serve him well.

Mmm, he had a little bite to him it seemed; he was unafraid of Pitch, willing to speak his little insult to the Labyrinth. The Nightmare King’s lips curled upward and he let out a low, light hum. ”It doesn’t please you, I see. That’s rather a shame.” He gestured past himself, his gaze not once leaving his charge. ”These tunnels stretch quite far; there are exits across the globe - surely, not the most regal palace for me to walk upon, but strategically, would you not say it is superior to have greater access than a singular, lavish castle might provide? I would far prefer to produce results, than sit atop a lovely throne and have little to give.” He stood tall then, backing up a few paces. ”Tell me your name, my friend. We have much to discuss.” He turned, then, swiftly, leading the way down their present tunnel, towards one of the grander caverns within.
♔ ree @ atf & shine
PM
^
♠ TAER DALIT
 Posted: Jan 23 2017, 03:28 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

He let Pitch take his time lookin him over. He was used to getting stared at. His looks gave him a very interestin ability in that he was both memorable and nondescript. Couldn’t say he was any one thing. There weren’t a lot of people like him walkin around. That bein said, he weren’t expectin Pitch to know who he was. Might not be many like him but when you were surrounded by more people than you could count, it was easy to lose an unremarkable individual in the crowd.

Taer gave a grunt to his boss’s explination. ”Not bad,” he had to admit. It was a smart and sly move, settin up down here. In fact, using a hidden tunnel system that ran across the planet was the same kind of smart move he would have chosen, if he had been in that position. Just raised the question of why they needed the maneuverability that the caves gave them.

He stood up a little straighter when Pitch asked for his name. He was right to assume he didn’t remember. ”Taer Dalit. I’m a potion maker.” He added the last little bit to maybe jog Pitch’s memory. He might not have remembered Taer himself but maybe he’d heard of his reputation way back when. He was just a little too good at what he did for no one to mention him at all. Taer followed after him quick enough, lookin around at the larger cavern. This was more like what he was expectin. ”So why we down here? Sure does seem to me like we hidin or somethin.”

CARMA
PM
^
♠ PITCH BLACK
 Posted: Jan 23 2017, 11:47 PM

Let's get down to business
He had to gawk, for just a while. Truth be told he wasn’t particularly familiar with the sort of being presented to him here and now. Not to say that he disliked what he saw; or was disgusted; rather it was just something new and interesting. Oh he’d crushed plenty of constellations and only a sparse few he was familiar with. This was something new, something different. He was certainly strange on the eyes, and it made him wonder somewhat just what sort of environment he came from. But, the curiosity was only very short lived; after all, that wasn’t really relevant now. He was something else, something far more useful.

It seemed that giving a more proper explanation to their present abode was at least partially pleasing to the other. Oh he was still questioning things, of that he had no doubt, but that was to be expected - to be expected, and rather useful; after all, for everything that he was, the Nightmare King was not without his flaws. He was not perfect. He couldn’t catch all of his own mistakes, and that was why he needed the untrained, unbiased, eye of new allies coming into the mix. He didn’t watch the other, but he allowed him his scrutinizing gaze and...well, noted what he could. Fortunately, this one seemed to be a bit more vocal; if he had a problem, he would probably say as much.

Taer. Taer Dalit. Now that was an interesting name. Not hard to remember, it had this abrasive roughness to it - didn’t really flow smoothly, but that just made it more distinctive to him. Taer Dalit. A potion maker. Now, that was something he had to quirk a brow at; a potion maker, that could imply any number of things. He’d phrased it perfectly vaguely at first, and it left Pitch wondering just what sort of potions he meant. It did, though, take him back. Back to the good old days, There had been quite the talk of certain miracle practitioners in medicine, valuable assets when it came to war. He gave a nod and his smile grew. ”That’s right. Miraculous healing and all that good business. Excellent that one of you found his way here.” he mused, then took a short pause as the other spoke again, this time….well. He was irritable in the way that he was correct; they were hiding.

”Remaining hidden gives us two advantages,” he started smoothly, walking slowly, leisurely. ”First, the Guardians are an unfortunately, and annoyingly, large force to contend with. If we had them attacking us day in and day out, that would pose rather a problem. Second, the unknown breeds fear. They don’t know where to find us. They fear when and where we will attack next.” His lips curled in a sharp little grin. Oh, he wasn’t wrong - fear was rather easy to kindle with such things as the unknown. But there was a certain….annoyance at having to hide this way. He didn’t turn to look at Dalit just then, as he addressed him. ”As of now, my forces lack a certain….healing touch. Yours will be quite welcome. But tell me; how will you be able to fare on earth, with these materials? The planet unfortunately lacks much of what you might have found throughout the cosmos.”
♔ ree @ atf & shine
PM
^
♠ TAER DALIT
 Posted: Jan 31 2017, 03:08 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

He was right to assume that Pitch didn't remember who he was. A potion maker. Sure. Weren't like he made weapons of mass destruction along with healing potions. "I can do a lot more than that too but if that's what you need, you got it." He was here to help after all. And if he had work, he weren't gonna complain too much. He just hoped he did somethin other than fix up whoever was stupid enough to get themselves hurt.

Taer had an amazingly hard time not rollin his eyes at Pitch while he explained. Obviously this guy did not understand that he had only just woken up and knew exactly nothin about this planet and what was goin on here. "So who are the Guardians anyway? Why are they after us?" His question wasn't exactly why they were bein attacked. People had plenty of reasons to go after Nightmare Men. Weren't like everyone saw things the way they did and they certainly didn't seem to understand why they did what they did. It was more like, why were they alive to attack them? Why hadn't Pitch snuffed them out? There was somethin innately wrong with this planet in that Taer couldn't feel the hoards of Nightmare Men Pitch commanded. Maybe one or two but not the army that he had once been apart of. But even without them, Pitch should have been powerful enough to wipe out a few little humans on this little hunk of rock. It just didn't make sense to him. "What exactly happened? How long has it been?' He needed answers.

He could also appreciate gettin down to business. Once Pitch explain what was goin on here, he had a few ideas that he had a feeling Pitch could appreciate. "I should be able to make do. Might take me a bit to get things set up though. If you give me the room to move, I can map the planet's ley lines so whatever you need will be as powerful as possible here. Might take me a few weeks, maybe a couple months before I'm back in business but after that I can make whatever you want."

CARMA
PM
^
♠ PITCH BLACK
 Posted: Feb 2 2017, 02:20 AM

Forgive me if any of this makes no sense I am sleep
“A lot more than that” wasn’t entirely specific, now was it? But, ah, Pitch supposed he hadn’t asked him precisely what he did in that context; he had been the one answering his query, in that instance. The Nightmare King gave a hum and a chuckle, tapping the side of his head idly. ”I’m sure you’d be rather of use as our potion master,” he started softly, ”particularly as our ranks of...medics is numbered quite unfortunately low.” He tapped again, once, twice, and let his hand fall behind his back, both clasped there now comfortably. ”But if you prove your worth in other areas, then I would be quite pleased to discuss additional work. However, you would of course have to show me what else you’re capable of.”

It was no insult to the other; simply, there were many Nightmare Men, and it had been a great many countless years since he had seen most of his shadowy servants. He rather deigned not to give work to an ally whose capabilities he was uncertain of; he would much rather see them be productive than rely on guesswork and see them fail in one area or another.

Ah, but he was...getting too far ahead, quite a bit far it seemed. Guardians. Yes, yes, that would be a….new concept for one who had only just arrived. A small smile tugged at the Nightmare King’s lips as he turned and hummed softly, only the very slightest shift of his head towards the other. ”The Guardians….well, you remember the Lunanoffs, no? Their son, the last survivor, was both cause for my rise and fall. He was the one who woke me, though I’m sure it was quite unintentional. But ah, when I brought about the Dark Ages of this world, he sought to bring light and hope and so he recruited such pretty little things as fairies and bunnies to bring joy and all that comes with it. The last of the Pooka, a Lady of Flight, that cossack North and a Star Captain. They were the first of the Guardians.Not much, I think, on their own - but together they were rather troublesome.” He let out a long, drawn-out sigh. ”I could….regale you with the whole story but to put it simply the Guardians work for the little stain in the sky. Why they’re after us….well, that should be clear enough knowing their allegiance.” He gave another little shrug, he...ah, was getting somewhat riled up by all this, unfortunately. ”Belief makes it rather a pain to kill them I’m afraid; the problem is that hope is, unfortunately, rather difficult to snuff in children.”

Really, if the children had just lost hope, then the Sandman would no longer be with them. Pity.

He certainly liked to ask questions, though, this one. What actually happened, indeed.

”There was something of a….showdown, between the Guardians and I, after I was rather rudely, but pleasantly, awakened.” He chose not to mention the first for….rather specific, rather personal, reasons. ”The four Guardians and an unexpected ally of theirs very nearly had me beat, I hate to admit it. The world had changed quite a bit, it was all about peace and hope, the dark ages have, as I’m sure you’ve noticed, rather dissipated. It’s something of a pain. But ah, that’s why I...started recruiting allies. My forces, you know. It means nothing when you are a General if you are the organizer of one soldier.” He gave a shrug. ”That’s all changing, now, though. They have felt the wrath of a force-” -one that he wished would….learn to cooperate with each other just the littlest bit better- ”-and I imagine that will only grow with time. As for space for you, mister Dalit…” He spread his arms, backing up with a light grin. ”Do tell me what measure of space you require. The labyrinth is quite large as you must imagine, I could easily find space for you.”
♔ ree @ atf & shine
PM
^
♠ TAER DALIT
 Posted: Feb 10 2017, 03:56 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Taer knew it weren't a dig but when Pitch said he was gonna have to work his way up, he felt himself growin angry. Implying that he was somehow inept at his craft. Maybe Phoenix was too small of a constellation for His Highness to grace with his presence before he went tearin the galaxy apart but that was Taer got his reputation in the first place. Even if it was just a practicality of a decrepit old man who couldn't remember shit, it still irritated him. He was gonna have to make Pitch eat his words. Later though. He knew better than to say somethin about it now. He'd just stuff it for now.

Hearin about the Guardians and how they'd bested his boss was just plain embarrassin. The fact that Pitch lost to a raggedy handful of survivors and garbage from this planet made him lip curl. Either he'd gone senile or he needed his Nightmare army more than he thought. Taer had no intention of voicin these opinions but he was very quickly loosing his respect for the man. He could understand the Pooka and maybe the Star Pilot but he couldn't even take care of some backwater trash this planet came up with? Trash that was led by an ignorant little worm in the sky no less. It was just plain sad. He couldn't stay quiet about the comment about belief though.

"If belief is a problem, why don't you just kill the people who believe in them?" He understood the importance of keeping some of the humans on this planet alive. They needed that fear to survive after all. But surely not everyone believed in these half assed guardians. However many they hacked off would come back eventually. The more Pitch talked, the more Taer realized he'd gone soft. Sounded like Pitch had lost his touch to him. If he'd been capable of it, Taer might have just walked out and left this piece of crap behind in his hole. The fact that that wasn't an option ate at him.

"What do you mean 'allies'?" He growled. He hoped to all the stars that Pitch hadn't actually started recruiting things from this planet. Surely he had come up with some other kind of Nightmare something. Maybe a lesser form of fearlings. As disgusting as that possibly was it wasn't nearly as terrible as the idea that he would have to work along side whatever creatures wallowed on this pit of a planet.

He tried to calm down some and focus on work. "Shouldn't need too much. Enough to store my supplies and a separate work area should be enough." He could make just about anything work regardless of size. It was more about making sure that he had an airtight area to keep his supplies. Weren't do no good if his herbs got mildewy before he had a chance to use them.

CARMA
PM
^
♠ PITCH BLACK
 Posted: Feb 15 2017, 03:10 AM

Huge dramatic sigh wow
Mmm, he had quite the expression there. It wasn’t quite….on his face - not really, there were slight traces, but it was more in how he carried himself. There was a definite sort of huffiness about him, as he walked; something he’d said was taken to insult. Had it been about his reputation? That should really go without consideration. He - loathed though that might be to admit - was not particularly familiar with this gentleman; how long had it been, now? Even if he had known the good fellow it was far, far too long ago for any memories to remain. Regardless, any memories were just that - fragments of the past. He would have to prove that he was still worthy of whatever title he’d held back in those warring days.

It seemed, though, as if the good fellow had something else on his mind, something that rather quickly came to be vocalized. And, something that made the Nightmare King take a short pause, draw in a deep breath, and let it out slowly, pinching the bridge of his nose just so. Too bad. Too, too bad. He’d had rather a good first impression for the most part. A bit rough, but good. That, though, was perhaps one of the most brainless suggestions he’d caught from a fledgling to date. But, then again, as a Nightmare Man, things didn’t quite work the same for him; he didn’t run quite on the same system of belief that bound and chained the beings of this planet, and that chained, unfortunately, his King. He shook his head, letting out a low sigh. He didn’t bother to make eye contact this time.

”I’m afraid that would only make things worse. Oh, it would eliminate part of the problem...but how do you think they came to power in the first place? This world was filled with an age of darkness, even before their light shone. But then they appeared and, oh, I’ve said the rest. I could kill them, but more will...ah, sprout, shall we say. They’re like an unkillable disease, you know. Besides; the potency of fear is oh so much greater when I shatter their dreams in front of them. I very nearly wiped the Guardians from this planet, all by showing the children of the world that the sweet fairies they believed in weren’t real. The fear that seeps from their little hearts is so much stronger when they lose something dear. We need them, more than anything.” Of course, it meant more work. But in the long run, it was far and away a better solution than routine extermination.

He couldn’t kill belief. Even he knew that.

Ooh, but that hiss. His new fledgling Nightmare Man was not so keen on creatures of Earth. For one who had only awakened recently, he seemed to have quite an opinion of the planet. Poor thing. Pitch simply fixed him with a small smile and a nod - a brief thing, barely a second. Yes, allies, and you’ll not question it. He had no room for whiners. Nor the patience. He clicked his tongue as the other spoke of his requirements; oh, they had more than enough space for that. A light smile curled upward at his lips and he hummed. ”In that case, I suppose the only question is where you would prefer to operate. The labyrinth itself is relatively consistent, the temperature and humidity will rise and fall ever so slightly as you go along, but the environment on the outside, that will change drastically. Naturally any pathways are quite hidden; but depending on the environment that you would most desire….hot, cold, dry or wet...vegetative or barren...there is plenty of usable space. Not every cavern must be so dreary as this.” He gave a wry smile. ”Name your preference. And then we have things to discuss.”
♔ ree @ atf & shine
PM
^
♠ TAER DALIT
 Posted: Mar 2 2017, 06:05 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

The idea of belief just wasn't sinkin in for him. It weren't something Taer had to worry about before so the idea that it would effect him now hadn't hit yet. Maybe eventually but for now, it meant nothin to him. Taer watched Pitch, listenin to him well enough. He couldn't understand why killin a bunch of humans wouldn't work, but maybe there was somethin he didn't know yet. He had only been here for a little while after all. The Guardians must have been doin somethin to 'em if slaughterin their believers wouldn't work. Maybe those Guardians weren't near as good as they sounded if that were the case. But between that and the nod Pitch gave him about the allies, he was just gonna have to keep his trap shut for how. Taer dug his hands into the pockets of his hoodie and looked away from his boss. Fine, he'd play nice for now but Pitch better not expect 'im to like 'em.

Just stick to business for now. Pitch seemed willing enough to help him get his usual business set up. That was good at least. "I'll need some place dry and moderate temperature. Ventilation would be good too. Certain potions give off some nasty fumes you don't want lingerin around this place. Nothin too big. I need room for a cauldron and a mixin station. So long as I can fit that in there, don't matter how big the rest of it is. I'll also need at least one storage area. Some place dry and dark. Might not be a bad idea to get a cold storage set up. I'm pretty sure at least some of the stuff on this planet will do better when it ain't been dried." He rubbed one hand over his chin, tryin to think of anythin else he'd need. A table or counter of some sort would be preferable for the work room and shelves for the storage area but depending on the area he got, he could bring in furniture for that. He already knew he was gonna get himself a rolly chair. Those things were legit.

"It also needs to be secure. I can't have some kind of whatever gettin into my shit. Stuffs too dangerous to let just anyone play around with it." He'd seen more than a few amateur potion makers get themselves blown sky high playin with somethin they shouldn't have. Weren't always the magic that got em either. Some of the chemicals he used could eat through armor. He didn't know who all was here in this labyrinth but it was damn important that they couldn't mess with his stuff. At least, not unless they wanted to die.

CARMA
PM
^
♠ PITCH BLACK
 Posted: Mar 11 2017, 03:09 AM

Yo he got a space maybe
“Kill them all” would have been an easy answer. And under other circumstances, one that he would not have been against - given his track record, it was not a far cry away from his past endeavours, was it? The red that coated his hands was already so slick, to add another planet’s worth would have been easy. Except that was the problem - simply put, he couldn’t. Without belief, he was powerless. Invisible. They could walk through him as if he was nothing. Killing was, very unfortunately, only a temporary fix; so long as hope existed, he could only win in short measures. But to kill hope was so, so very difficult. It was something that tended to grow stronger the harder you pushed against it. What a pain. The death of hope….it had to be slow and gentle. It had to be through acceptance of a doomed world. A slow choke.

He listened quietly as the other spoke about his preferred environment. Dry and moderate. The largest issue was going to be the climate - space was hardly a problem; for as dingy as they were, the caverns that were linked through these tunnels were certainly spacious. It sounded, though, like he would need a shallower cavern, one closer to the surface. Deeper within the atmosphere was thick with moisture; higher above it dried out somewhat - of course, entirely dependent on their global location. There were a few areas they could turn to, and if they were nearer to the surface, ventilation would be easier regulated. He had a rather decent idea as to just where he could have the Nightmare Man operate; presuming of course he was not upset by the notion of having neighbours. If all failed he supposed he could approve of him working off-site; he had allowed it in the past, for situations which were more convenient to have his ally working at a distance. He rather wished to keep his Nightmare Men closer, though; a certain part of him craved having them near.

”I believe I have a suitable location for you. Though, security I’m afraid is something you will have to regulate on your own. The main concern, I suppose, would be that the space I have in mind does have one other occupant. Her specialization is in biotechnology; as such I can’t imagine the two of you clashing far too much. If it’s too much trouble, I’m sure the two of you can arrange something; operating out of different rooms, for instance. Cold storage and...storage in general won’t be an issue, of that I’m sure. As far as where I would have you operate out of...the first choice, as mentioned...Tiberius operates out of her ship. It’s rather flightless I’m afraid, but she’s rerouted power and turned it into a testing facility of sorts. Crew quarters have been gutted or otherwise refitted to serve another purpose; I’m sure you could make use of a space like that. Alternatively, I’m sure she could be convinced to outfit a cavern within the labyrinth with what you need. That would take longer, of course.” He waved his hand dismissively. ”But that’s for you to decide. Would you like to take a look at the prospective location, or would you rather the latter option?” Some folks tended not to like working with others.
♔ ree @ atf & shine
PM
^
♠ TAER DALIT
 Posted: Apr 5 2017, 05:03 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Taer rubbed his chin at the solution Pitch came up with. Workin on a ship weren't somethin he was against. He'd done it plenty before and there was plenty of good reasons to want to work on one. They were climate controlled, so he wouldn't have to worry about any outside factors, and since he had a pretty good idea what metals were used, he knew what he could and could not do in that setting. A lab made it even better. He was sure that someone with knowledge on biology would have proper supplies for organic sample collection and experiments. He knew how to work over a normal fire, and actually preferred it at times, but there was somethin to be said about bunsen burners and test tubes. There was just one thing holdin him back.

"Think it might be better to get my own place. I got a policy of not bringin unknown and potentially corrosive materials round valuables." Until he figured out exactly what this planet had to offer, he didn't want to go mixin up who knows what in someone else's place. He had a feelin that this Tiberius lady wouldn't like him too much if he went an accidentally blew a hole in her ship. A big stone cavern would be a lot more forgivin than a fancy ship.

"I can work on buildin up stock while it's gettin built." Time wasn't too much of an issue for him, not unless Pitch had somethin he wanted done pretty quick. If he got his stash started while waitin for his workplace to be built or whatever, he could spend the days after it's completion workin through his stores and makin progress that way.

CARMA
PM
^
♠ PITCH BLACK
 Posted: Apr 16 2017, 05:16 PM

Yo he got a space maybe
It would certainly provide an interesting arrangement to have him operating near the Scorpii biotechnologist. She wasn’t particularly perturbed by the notion of others walking in and out of her work space - provided that they themselves didn’t mind the risks associated with coming in unannounced - and besides that, a part of him was simply...curious as to how they would operate. She was a survivor from the dead age, but unlike most, she hadn’t had much to be so angry about; she’d made it rather clear she had no future back there, that the war was liberation. Just how true that was remained to be seen, but so long as she operated under his designs he didn’t much care. Having a Nightmare Man so near, though - that would be interesting. The twisted darkness that had overtaken a Celestial being - knowing her it would be curiosity that overcame, not anger or disgust.

Provided he himself was willing to work in such an environment. From what he’d learned in their….brief meeting thus far, his follower was one who had rather particular designs for himself and his work. Of course, what the Nightmare King wished of him was the ultimate objective he would have to follow., regardless of his vast designs for himself. Though - of course - he certainly would allow the Nightmare Man to expand his work once he became...properly acclimatized to the way things operated. There was no need to limit him and his potential - after all, there were more uses than simply as a healer; that, though, was probably the best place to begin. At least, at first.

He gave a hum as the other spoke again. His own place….of course, of course. Had to make it a little difficult, no? Well...at least this was a situation that made sense - given the nature of his operations. Disaster could be quite drastic where potion-making was concerned, after all. He gave a curt nod, tapping his right index finger in a little rhythm against the back of his other hand. ”That’s manageable, that’s quite manageable. So long as you don't mind a wait, we'll have you set up in due course." He glanced back at Taer with a thin smile. "Was there anything else you needed before we begin?"
♔ ree @ atf & shine
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.