Add Reply
New Poll

Red VS Blue, Tag: Caer
✧ GREGORIO PANTALEON
 Posted: Aug 23 2017, 04:37 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

For once Goyo was having a normal day. A normal day by his standards at least. He still had to kick around a few dead people to make sure they got where they needed to go but there was nothing weird about it. He hadn't met anything unusual or any others out on behalf of other underworld deities. And he actually had time to hit up a local market not far from his home to get some groceries.

Below in the jungle it was hot, steamy, and miserable. Why anyone bothered living there was beyond him. But here, higher in the mountains, it was almost cool for a summer's day. Greg studied the tomatoes at one of the booths. "You raised the prices."

The woman behind the table crinkled her nose. "Yes. My husband went out and bought two alpacas. He is convinced that they will make us rich but all they've done so far is poop on everything and break our fence. It's a wonder that they haven't broken out of their pens and eaten everything they aren't supposed to." She shook her head, completely exasperated. Goyo tried not to laugh.

"You have to train them better."

Rosita just scoffed. "Tell that to my husband. And them. They're all secretly plotting my death. Soon, you'll come here and find alpacas selling tomatoes instead of me."

"Give me 10 of those tomatoes for half off and I'll come and help you with them."

"What do you know about alpacas?" She didn't give him a chance to answer. "If you fix my roof while you're at it, I'll give you twice that for free."

"Deal." Without waiting, he started picking out the tomatoes he wanted. Behind the table, Rosita pulled out a paper bag for him and started bagging up the vegetables. She even tossed in some zucchini without him asking for it. The bag was practically overflowing by the time they finished. Goyo still only used one arm to carry it even though it probably needed two. He still needed a hand free to pick up some beer before he left. He started for the liquor store when Rosita called out to him again.

"Hey, Goyo. My daughter will be coming home from college this Saturday. Come by then. If you dye your hair back to normal, maybe I'll let you date her." If it was anyone else, he would have flipped her off for that comment. Instead, he just shook his head. He wasn't touching that one. He just left her to her bemused smirking. He had better things to do that talk about dating with a farmer's wife.

CARMA
PM
^
☽ CAERWYN SAGITTAR
 Posted: Sep 1 2017, 01:04 AM
831 • Former Human • Love • Ireland

All you need is love~
GREGORIO PANTALEON Best threat title omg
There was a time that Caer had thought he was special. And not in the good way. There were all kinds of good kinds of special, but when it was like “wait you don’t have a heart?” that was just kinda weird. And partly why he was glad most people didn’t see him. Because if he had to do stuff like normal people – like going to the doctor and stuff – that’d be a serious bitch to explain. So far he’d met….the dragon, but apparently that was a thing their race could do? Take out their hearts….and put them in rocks. Cool, neat. Made him feel a bit less weird, but only a bit. So when…he saw some blue haired musclebound showoff who (probably?) wasn’t a dragon exhibiting the no-heartstrings-no-feelings thing….

He kinda just…got a little excited? It was hard not to. Like seriously even with those dragon folks it was rare to find anyone like that.

Actually truth be told he’d had an inkling that something wasn’t quite right ever since coming to this town. He’d picked up on the faintest inkling of a really honestly annoying kind of thread. Caer was privy to all sorts of types of relationships; parental, romantic, friendly, familial, aaaaand external. External threads were like….where Person A was all, “oh man I want my son to get with your daughter”; on the surface it looked like a really thinly formed heartstring, except that it crossed through whoever Person A was, right down the middle, like they were the anchor. Take them out of the equation and that thread was gone. Basically they were phantom threads – and early into his job and stuff Caer hadn’t been able to tell the difference until he actually saw the anchored person. It was a serious pain in the ass.

He couldn’t really do anything about it, except try to urge Person A’s heart to ease off. Like, other peoples’ relationships were theirs to deal with, back off dude. What made this one weird though, was that….one half of the phantom thread led to some girl, that was fine, but the other end….looked like it was dead. Which happened sometimes, you’d get people like “oh man it’s too late now but your late kid and my kid should have been together”. This one was active though. Which meant…that this was the other kind of dead thread. It wasn’t that there was a dead person, but someone without a heart.

Fortunately, tracking them down wasn’t hard. It was a matter of quickly scanning all the people in the area – do you have threads sticking outta your chest….yes….okay keep looking. Aaaand this guy in particular literally stood out like whoa. Caer stopped in the middle of the street – not really caring, since…again….mooooost people didn’t see him so it was probably fine – and just sort of stared at the guy’s back. That….was him alright, but uh. How did you….uh…approach something like this? Like. He seriously had to know. This was important.

Um.

”Hey, Blue!”

….It’d get his attention anyway. And if he saw Caer…he’d probably figure he was a little off. Ridiculously saturated red hair notwithstanding literally no one was paying attention to him even though he was definitely in the way. It’d seriously hammer home the point if someone walked through him just now, too.
© avey
PM
^
✧ GREGORIO PANTALEON
 Posted: Dec 2 2017, 01:29 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Goyo had only just stepped out of the liquor store with a six pack and started heading down the road again when someone called out to him. He hadn't said his name but he didn't need to. This wasn't the first time he'd been addressed as 'Blue' by some idiot who wanted to get hit.

He turned and glared over his shoulder, looking for the person who had called out. It wasn't hard to find him since he had bright red hair. And to make it worse, the guy wasn't human either. Gregorio let out a snarl. Couldn't he have just one good day? Just one? Was that too much to ask?

He didn't waste time. The second he realized the redhead wasn't human, he activated his mark. Whatever bullshit he was about to deal with, he didn't want to be having a phantom conversation in front of everyone in the village. Word got around too fast in small villages like this and he actually liked this place. Before he could deal with that though, he had to find a safe place to dump his groceries. The tomatoes he carefully set down against a nearby building. Bruised tomatoes weren't near as good. The beers he wasn't as careful with though. None of them broke fortunately. Not that it mattered too much if one had. They were for dead people after all.

With that taken care of, he made a beeline for the little twerp. He pulled himself up to his full height and glowered at the little redheaded idiot. "What do you want?" He growled. If this idiot had any sense in his head, he would be very nervous right about now.

CARMA
PM
^
☽ CAERWYN SAGITTAR
 Posted: Dec 14 2017, 02:14 AM

All you need is love~
SPOTTEH Oof feels wonky...lemme know if dis is ok
Well that was…...a lot of aggressive as shit energy. Caer narrowed his eyes, pressing his lips together. There was a possibility this guy was a threat - not to Caer specifically, but more to the people around them. There weren’t exactly a lot of people...in their exact vicinity, but this was a public place. It was possible that this guy was some sort of a...spirit, and this was more or less a hunting ground for him.

He certainly seemed perturbed to be approached...but that also wasn’t really weird. Most people would be. Especially by someone who was magical...not that Caer could tell if the guy knew that or not. But then he kind of stood out. Caer stood back a little, raising his head and trying his best to not seem too nervous. The guy had….definitely a powerful sort of aura about him that was a bit - a lot - intimidating. ”...Actually I want to know uh…” Caer cleared his throat, far dryer than he thought it was. ”....How it is you’re alive. You don’t have a heart. What…are you? And what are you doing just strolling around people like that for? Or can they see you?”

Based on how the guy had tried to move the conversation to somewhere less in the open, he had to imagine that he was, in fact, visible. But it was better to make sure; because...if he wasn’t, then that was just one less thing to stress about, because it effectively made their conversation private. He wasn’t sure what it was about this guy but just…..a person with no heart was unnerving. Partly because it meant he couldn’t read them the way he read most people, but just…..what sort of a deal did you have to put yourself through to lose it? Caer had his own, and that was one thing, but most people….if you were sacrificing your heart it generally wasn’t….for good reasons. And if this guy was loitering around...it was possible he was scoping out the area for….someone, to cause trouble. Better to find out if he could. At least reading emotions wasn’t impaired; just the relationships part.
© avey
PM
^
✧ GREGORIO PANTALEON
 Posted: Dec 31 2017, 06:29 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Gregorio growled, a deep, threatening sound from somewhere down in his throat. He reached out with a clawed hand to grab the front of the guy's shirt and pull him closer, possibly even off the ground. Never, never had anyone known he was heartless and called him out on it. But this guy...

"What the hell would you know about that? Who are you?" He snarled through bare teeth. There was no way he was answering any questions before he got some answered himself. Who did this guy think he was? Bothering him in the middle of the day and even going so far as to bring up that? Whoever he was, he'd better have a good answer or else Goyo was going to tear his lungs out.

CARMA
PM
^
☽ CAERWYN SAGITTAR
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 03:26 PM

All you need is love~
SPOTTEH Tfw people react normally and he's not expecting it
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. Aaand that wasn’t at all a good response. Caer felt the front of his shirt grabbed, but pulled against it just enough to keep himself from lifting off the ground. The guy was…..uh….not so happy about him blabbing apparently, but like, dude, what a reaction. Like sure it was probably something he didn’t want ordinary folks to know about but….there were beings with magic that could sense and see that kind of thing….he knew that right? Or maybe…..not. Maybe he didn’t. Maybe this was a new thing for him. It definitely took the guy by surprise that was for sure...but not in a good way.

”...Uh...alright first thing calm down. I’m less inclined to want to answer if you’re like...about to try to punch my face in. That’s not a good way to…” ...Don’t lecture him that was even stupider. ”Anyway who I am doesn’t matter, like, I’m no one special. But I can see stuff like...hearts. It’s a weird power of mine that lets me see into peoples’ hearts. Only…..thing is you don’t have one. So I’m kind of...confused as to how you’re even...up and about like that.”

It was possible he was some sort of a golem or shikigami...a really good one….or another puppet, a spirit or something else maybe...but right now what mattered was that he was not in a good nood and Caer was in front of his fists. If he tried to swing he’d have to move. And fast. He needed to know, though; because if he was moving around and people could see him it at least meant he had a strong enough connection to the real world...some sort of a representation that was easy for people to believe in. That or something else was at play. And that sort of thing...that was important to know. Golems didn't just walk around aimlessly, nor did.....people without hearts. There was definitely something going on.
© avey

PM
^
✧ GREGORIO PANTALEON
 Posted: Feb 27 2018, 10:36 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Goyo's snarl deepened. Was this guy lecturing him? Clearly he didn't know how this worked. He had half a mind to teach this red headed runt a thing or two about the world. First this kid tried to lecture him while he was about to get his face smashed in and then he had the audacity to ask some damn rude questions without coughing up a bit of information about himself. This kid clearly didn't know the first thing about talking to people because this was the exact wrong way to go about getting personal information from a perfect stranger.

Goyo growled again and shoved the kid backwards, aiming to send him sprawling into the dirt. He didn't bother drawing on the power of his mark to do it. In his mind, this runt looked as sturdy as a tooth pick. A tooth pick someone like him would have no trouble snapping in two.

He didn't bother putting a cap on the rage boiling off him either. He wanted what he had to say to stick in this guys brain. "You're going to leave and not come back. If I ever see you again, I'm going to turn you inside out and use you as a sock puppet." He snarled. He was going to be nice and give this kid one last chance to wise up and run. And if that didn't work, he was going to have to give him a very in depth lesson on manners.

CARMA
PM
^
☽ CAERWYN SAGITTAR
 Posted: Mar 7 2018, 10:55 PM

All you need is love~
SPOTTEH This was a mistake actually
Shit. Ooookay. Honestly what was this guy’s problem? That aggression was beyond ridiculous, he was barely even bothering to restrain it and Caer was just getting full on rage monster here. He knew that not everyone responded to things the same way - that on the one hand you had the friendly types and on the other there were people ready to rip your throat out for saying hi. This guy? He was the latter. Yes Caer asked some maybe awkward questions but the guy had his own issues here. Like anger management issues. And he knew...if he meddled with this guy, if he put in a little calm to that anger, he’d know. He’d definitely know and that’d be it for Caer.

The redhead backed up, but he didn’t leave just yet. He looked a little sharper, a little more serious, a rare face on Caer but one he was willing to put on if he thought he might have to fight. It was sort of a face he used as a defense against severe aggression but in the end it was just him pretending to be stern when actually he more wanted to just go. He couldn’t back down completely though. That’d mean getting utterly walked over and he couldn’t do that. So, he wore that face. It gave him at least a bit of confidence.

”I’m gone, but calm the hell down. You don’t own this place and unfortunately for you I have business here now and again. I won’t meddle with you, but you’re not telling me where I can and can’t go. And for the record I’m much prettier right side out, so if it comes to that, just gut me instead.”

It was all said with a completely straight face, even the sarcastic little quip. It was important to make some sort of joke like that - it showed that despite the genuine threat put in his face, he wasn’t so scared as to lose his wit. He was substantially farther back now, though, than he was before, so he maybe felt more comfortable in his ability to run, but still.
© avey

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.