Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Teaching Birds to Soar, Tag Stork and Snow~
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: May 31 2017, 01:02 AM
10,000 • Rabbit • Knowledge • N/A

Mmm, she was ahht ov ‘er element. Bu’ vat was exactly why she needed ter do vis; she din’t know hahh ter handle th’attention she was gettin’ an vat needed ter change if she was gonna be a team membehh. Douglas wan’t an unreasonable teachehh, bu’ he defintly pushed peoples’ limits; vat was for shore. Vis was one fing he wan’t abahht ter let go ov; his attention was fully on Snow an’ she was jus’ gonna have ter deal wiff’t. ‘E knew she was prob’ly cussin’ him ahht mentally. Bu’ he’d deal wiff’t. Vis would be for ‘er ahhn good anyway.

Vis test would be a good way ter gauge exactly wot th’range was vat she could use vis ability ov hehhs. Distance would give a lot ov infahhmation. It’d tell ‘er exactly wot sahhrt ov range she ‘ad - nae vat useful ter ‘er righ’ nahh, bu’ in practice it gave hehh th’informatio nov jus’ wot was ahht ov reach, wot she could imbue wiff vat magic. Douglas watched as she focused, sendin’ vat pahher inter th’fihhst ov th’blocks.

”Good, nahh I wan’ ye ter concentrate; maintain vat one, an’ move on ter th’next. See if ye can purify boff at th’same time. Wehh tryn’a see jus’ wot yer limits ahh; focus, see if ye can reach ahht for th’second one.” ‘e felt a bit bad leavin’ Gin be’ind, bu’ he had a plan for ‘er as well. Douglas eyed Gin, walkin’ o’er ter her an’ speakin’ sah vat ‘e was facin’ away from Snow bu’ towahhd Gin. ‘e kept his voice dahhn. ”Aftehh I make a signal, I wan’ ye ter try an’ distract Snow. Don’ give any indication yer doin’ anyfing, jus’ do’t - I wan’ ter see if she can keep ‘er ability goin’ if she loses concentration.”
you can count on me
You started sinking and it pulled you down It may be tough you've to get back up Because you know that life ain't over yet I'm here for you so don't forget You can count on me Cause’ I will carry you till you Carry on Anytime you need someone Somebody strong to lean on Well you can count on me To hold you till the healing is done And every time you fall apart Well you can hide here in my arms And you can count on me To hold you till that feeling is gone
~ |love, libby

MOMO TAMMY
PM
^
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: May 31 2017, 05:14 AM
491 • Archangel/Former Human • Purity • Nomad

The exercise was proving to be relatively easy thus far. Since she had been reborn, it had not escaped Snow's notice that her purification skills were her most powerful ones. Her abilities in healing had decreased greatly, something that was not too unusual since her connection to Haven had been broken by her death. Unlike her healing abilities, they were easy to use and abuse and it took a degree of control to make sure that she did not do the latter. Too much power was not something she was fond of.

The idea that the exercise was easy did not diminish as Douglas spoke. In fact, it seemed almost strangely lacking in challenge for an exercise for fine-tuning her powers. It did make her wonder if Douglas was giving her al the details of everything he was planning. It would not be the first time he had kept details from her, trickster that he was.

Nonetheless, she did not question it. She trusted Douglas enough to know that he would not cause her harm- at least, not on purpose- and that was enough. Carefully, she focused on spreading out where she had purified things while maintaining her current work.    

TAMMY CARMA
PM
^
☽ LADY VIRGINIA STORK
 Posted: Jun 3 2017, 02:22 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Snow was maintaining her focus as Douglas gave her new directions for expanding her practice. Virginia watched, curious not only about Snow's powers but also about what methods Douglas was going to apply to make her find her true limits. He was a good teacher - Knowledge and all - and he had worked enough with Virginia for her to tell that he had a plan for shaking things up.

She tilted her head lightly as he talked quietly, facing away from Snow.

>>”Aftehh I make a signal, I wan’ ye ter try an’ distract Snow. Don’ give any indication yer doin’ anyfing, jus’ do’t - I wan’ ter see if she can keep ‘er ability goin’ if she loses concentration.”

That was... easier said than done. Virginia was a polite person by nature, not used to disrupting anything, or interrupting people in their work - be it training, speech, or otherwise. And yet, this was her training too, and Snow was not the only one who had to learn new things. Or cross boundaries.

As Snow turned back to exercising her powers, Virginia began her - admittedly subtle - work of distraction. First, she stood from where she had been sitting, and walked over to a small table that stood against a nearby wall. Fighting back her instinct to be polite, she dragged the table, legs occasionally screeching on the floor, slowly, until she found a place for it just at the edge of Snow's field of concentration. It was awkward, moving furniture like this, but it was also akin to her former students dragging their chairs, or the chalk on their boards, on purpose. She knew how unnerving that could be.

Once the table was where she wanted it, she repeated the action with a chair, then sat down, pulling some tea cups out of her (unusually deep) hand bag. She needed something less annoying, and more sudden. Once she set up everything, Virginia took a deep breath, and - after a quick glance at Douglas - she knocked one of the cups off the table.
PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Jun 16 2017, 07:47 PM
10,000 • Rabbit • Knowledge • N/A

Overall’t seemed vat Snow ‘ad a lot ov control when it came ter purification. She was able ter purify fings she was touchin’, as well as anyfing neahhby an’ wiffin a given range, includin’ multiple tahhgets at once. Altogevver she ‘ad a lot ov capacity ter control vis ability; bu’ if she was gonna weaponize’t in some fashion, she ‘ad ter be able ter accahhnt for somefin’ unexpected. Vat meant ‘e would have ter pull a fast one on’er; thehh was a good chance she expected somefin’ ahht ov him, sah ‘e was gonna have ter try ter be a bit trickiehh. An’ vat was why ‘e was enlistin’ th’help ov Gin.

Nae anyone was gonne expect Gin ter be….a disruptehh. Snow prob’ly anticipated vat he was gonna try somefin’ ter take ‘er attention off concentration - sah she was prob’ly ready for anyfing ‘e had ter say or do. Gin would come as a surprise - an’ if ‘e wohhked righ’ alongside ‘er ter distract Snow...she’d be facin’ multiple distractions at once - e’en hahhdehh ter keep concentration vat way. Fihhst ‘e would have ter see jus’ wot Gin’s game was gonna be.

‘E watched as she stahhted movin’ a….table? Well, vat was interestin’. Cehhtainly creatin’ noise would detehh Snow’s concentration, bu’ nae enough ter do much. Hopefuly she ‘ad somefin’ a bit bettehh van vat. ‘E watched as she...appeahhed ter set up….a spot ov tea fer hehhself, takin’ a chaihh ovehh ter sit dhhn, graspin’ a cup ahht ov ‘er bag. Vat was real cute. Bu’ jus as she was abahht ter settle in fer tea time, she glanced at Douglas wiff a….sahhrt ov worried look. An’ jus’ ven, she tossed one ov th’cups ter th’grahhnd.

Yea, vat was good. ‘E could wohhk wiff vat.

Wot ‘e was abahht ter do was...prob’ly nuffin’ short ov stupid, bu’ it wan’t anyfing vat would be lastingly dangerous. ‘E walked up ter whehh th’cup ‘ad shattehhed on th’grahhnd, crouched dahhn, an’ picked up a piece ov th’fallen cup. ‘E then held it in ‘is hand, an’ crushed ‘is hand arahhnd’t. ‘E could feel th’trickle ov wahhm blood runnin’ dahhn ‘is wrist. It was...a bit drastic ter say th’least, bu’ it was th’fihhst fing ‘e could fink ov; ‘e himself had quick enough healin’, an’ they wehh in th’presence ov boff a medicine woman an’ a healehh anyway - still, ‘e grit his teef an’ grunted.

Glass in th’wrist huhht like a bitch.
you can count on me
You started sinking and it pulled you down It may be tough you've to get back up Because you know that life ain't over yet I'm here for you so don't forget You can count on me Cause’ I will carry you till you Carry on Anytime you need someone Somebody strong to lean on Well you can count on me To hold you till the healing is done And every time you fall apart Well you can hide here in my arms And you can count on me To hold you till that feeling is gone
DOUGLAS WTF WHY |love, libby

MOMO TAMMY
PM
^
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: Jun 17 2017, 12:53 AM
491 • Archangel/Former Human • Purity • Nomad

Snow had long ago found it difficult to ignore distractions. It was something old, an instinct that had become so fine-tuned when she was a child that she was perhaps a bit too aware of her surroundings. Another would have certainly found it odd. After all, she had had little training in fighting outside of what she had been able to teach herself and the few months that she had been taught by Ares. However, abandoning a child in a forest tended to do things to them. For Snow, it had ruined a fair amount of her social skills and gained her many survival skills that she would have never learned during that time had she not been abandoned by her mother.

It did not take long for her to lose focus.

The scrape of a table and a chair were difficult to ignore. However, she had been in worse circumstances and could place it to the back of the mind. It did not particularly help that she did not completely trust her friend. Oh, she trusted him enough if she was in danger, but he had trickster tendencies. She would not place it beyond him to add a catch to this entire test. She was adamant not to fall for it, but-

I am a healer, first.

The sound of glass was quite distinct. It reminded her of her past, of broken trinkets and broken dreams. She hesitated for only a moment, but by the time she turned around red caught her sight. "The fuck are you doing, you stupid rabbit?" she snapped, anger immediately swimming to the surface. Did he enjoy getting injured?

Still, her power held steady.    

TAMMY CARMA
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.