Add Reply
New Poll

PRODIGIAL SON, TAG: OPEN
☽ NIGHTLIGHT
 Posted: Feb 19 2017, 03:01 AM
[REDACTED] • Moonbug • Courage • Santoff Claussen

Earth hadn't seemed to do much from the large windows on the Moon Clipper, and yet... With his feet on the ground once more, Nightlight found himself immediately disoriented.

Life had moved on in the tocks and ticks of his absence.

Nightlight had known somewhere within that things would not, could not remain the same. Just as children grew with the passage of time, so did their families, their living places, and their creations. And yet... he could not help the pang of muted distress in his chest. If even Santoff Claussen had become this much more developed and sprawling, what had happened to his Guardians-- and his Katherine? How long could humans live for, if they were not charmed or enchanted?

The long-believed-lost Knight gave a soft croon of distress and shifted his weight, startled then to find the toe of his boot nearly grazing the crack in the ground that Pitch had left behind. Nightlight's glow dimmed in dismay.

At least some things never changed.

Swiveling about (but being careful to avoid physically hovering over that unfriendly reminder of the oily Nightmare King), Nightlight looked this way and that for a familiar face or, Stars willing, some sign of life beyond the muted hoots of what he assumed to be the descendants of Ombric's owls roosting in the trees and the softly flickering fireflies that had gathered about the diamond dagger lashed to the lance on his back.

Though upon the feeling of eyes watching his back... Nightlight froze, his curls lifting as one hand reached behind to snatch his lance and spin it forwards if needed.

Who's there? Friend or foe-- for if the old enchantments still stood, the Guardian of Courage did not know.

FEAR NOT THIS NIGHT
PMWebsite
^
☽ E. ASTER BUNNYMUND
 Posted: Feb 22 2017, 08:40 AM
N/A • Pooka • Hope • Bunnymund's Warren

Bunnymund had always had a knack of picking up things here and there. Pooka were good at figuring out things, sensing when balances changed and so on. And so he had come to Santoff Claussen to see if he could help, after all- Guardians had to help each other.

Santoff Claussen was still quite a site to behold. No doubt Ombric, Katherine and the others were bustling away working in between libraries or settling in for the night. Time passed, the people of Santoff Claussen came and went- but some stayed... and he did find a companionship amongst them, one he had never anticipated having ever again.

He had searched, and searched- going off of his gut feelings as well as a little help from Manny himself by way of a small moonbeam. While he couldn't make sense of what the small thing was saying, he could understand what the emotions were- it looked... restless....scared....concerned.

Brow furrowing, Bunnymund continued on past the outskirts of the town and into the deep forest lit only by the pale moon's rays. And then a small but familiar glow up ahead caught his attention. Of course, his approach did not go unnoticed and the small guardian spun around weapon at the ready causing Aster to raise his paws in the air,

"Nightlight, dear friend. It's me. Didn't think I'd see you 'round these parts again... been a long time, ain't it." He said with a small smile. "Hope I'm not intruding... seems like some others are a bit worried, is all."

He threw a nod towards the small moonbeam who seemed to have calmed down quite a bit. Still, that moonbeam wasn't alone- and if he was completely honest he too was a bit worried. It had been quite a long time since he had seen nightlight. Bunnymund didn't approach and wouldn't until he was sure Nightlight felt better, more at ease.... Still after everything, Aster was quite happy to see the Guardian of Courage.

SAMSA NIGHTLIGHT

AN: Consider this thread snagged <3 <3
PMAIM
^
☽ NIGHTLIGHT
 Posted: May 2 2017, 06:19 PM

'...Where are your clothes?'

Of all the things that sprang into his mind at once-- like how much leaner Bunnymund has become, or his fur darkening, or the growth of Big Root, or even where friend-moonbeam had come from--

Well, this one seemed to be the most pressing.

And probably not the right way to answer, but never let it be said that Nightlight was a spectacularly social creature. He just remembers Ombric's scolding: clothes were necessary, cover yourself up, be polite. Bunnymund did used to have the nicest robes, too, that deep green one with the gold embroidery standing out amongst them.

Maybe he'd grown out of them. Nightlight had grown out of his own uniform, after all; barefoot and lanky, his ankles and wrists peeked out a good inch and a half from the once well-tailored set.

Stretched. Skinny. Still sickly, with too big eyes.

But the Pooka's presence does go a long way to reassure him, a welcome he fretted he might not get (might not deserve, watching Jack take his place amongst his family). The specter smiles faintly in that same curious way he always had, a hand reaching out to cup the moonbeam to his cheek and whisper back to it.

'All is well,' he croons. 'Aster has located. Awaiting orders.'

But he's still quite concerned, releasing friend-Moonbeam to squint at Bunny. Did Ombric know he was going around undressed? The old man might scold Bunny for that, too, just as he used to hassle him about it.

--

E. ASTER BUNNYMUND <3 <3 <3

FEAR NOT THIS NIGHT
PMWebsite
^
☽ E. ASTER BUNNYMUND
 Posted: Jul 30 2017, 12:27 PM

Bunnymund straightened slightly noticing the shocked look on his friend's face. "Oy it ain't been that long has it? Look like you've seen a gh-" He stopped when he heard the thought cross his mind recognizing it as Nightlight's form of communication.

Right. Crikey...

"Long story that-but shortly said robes get in the way of fighting should I need to. Also lots of chocolate. You know how I get..." He trailed off clearing his throat. How Nightlight managed to get him this... well honestly it was kinda embarrassing. He knew full well what this looked like and it was really nothing short but... well strange.

Bunnymund recalled the robes he used to wore as well as everything he did before he changed. Change happened in so many ways... whether it be slow or quick. From chocolate or just well...time. Finding himself more and more in tune with the planet he was now on, immersing himself in his new family of the Guardians. Aster knew he had changed quite a bit from the uppity, formal, and a bit neurotic Pooka he used to be. From how he was with the brotherhood... to adapting to being the last of his kind... to finally making himself comfortable amongst his friends like North and Ombric. Talking to Toothiana over a cup of tea in the warren... listening to Katherine as she filled him in on a new adventure of hers. Even working next to Jack Frost...

He had adapted....yes. It just had some rather....interesting side effects was all. Yes.

Clearing his throat, Bunnymund watched as Nightlight crooned to the small moonbeam comforting it, Aster couldn't help the soft smile on his features as he watched. There was the Nightlight he knew... of course it didn't last TOO long.

Nightlight was back to looking at the Pooka, slightly squinting causing Aster to heave a sigh and shrug his paws, "It's not like I'm entirely nude, ay? Got these nice bracers, my holster for my boomerang, and leather wrappings on my feet. I do also have fur."

Yea............ he wasn't sure if Nightlight would buy this at all....

SAMSA NIGHTLIGHT

AN: Thanks for waiting and I hope you enjoy this XD best Bunnymund line I've ever written tbh
PMAIM
^
☽ NIGHTLIGHT
 Posted: Aug 28 2017, 05:51 PM

'Yes,' he agrees, because Bunnymund does have fur, and they are very nice bracers, and he admires both the boomerang-holster and his foot-wrappers. All of it adds up to a very Bunnymund-ish feeling, and though this did not line up entirely with how Nightlight left things, he was still grateful that Bunnymund had continued to be Bunnymund (even in this new Bunnymund-ish way), for if he hadn't Nightlight would not know what to do with him.

Giving friend-Moonbeam another gentle pat as the warm metal device cuddles against his cheek, the boy laughs and accepts it all immediately.

And closes the last bit of distance between them to throw his arms about the Pooka, a snub-nose pressing to Aster's for only a moment before Nightlight's buried his face in the chocolatier's fluff instead.

"I missed you."

--

E. ASTER BUNNYMUND

FEAR NOT THIS NIGHT
PMWebsite
^
☽ E. ASTER BUNNYMUND
 Posted: Sep 26 2017, 11:56 AM

Surprisingly, Nightlight was indeed understanding. Aster smiled, there was the Guardian he had known for so long...his dear friend.

It wasn't long before Nightlight closed the distance embracing the Pooka. A quick greeting and then a hug... the light he knew so well.

"Missed 'ya too my dear friend." He said with a smile. And it was true. Bunnymund did not have many close friends, especially not when he first met the Guardians. But overtime, they had become his family... his cherished and dear ones that he would not wish any harm to.

He really could not imagine life without Nightlight, Tooth, North, Sandy, Ombric, even Jack Frost.

"So, wanna tell me what sort of adventures you managed to find your way into?"
He asked unable to hold back his curiosity. It had been quite a long time since he had seen Nightlight- so what had happened during the time that they had not been near each other?

NIGHTLIGHT
PMAIM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.