Add Reply
New Poll

Wait, Where Am I?, Cirrus and North
✧ CIRRUS
 Posted: Feb 14 2018, 05:01 PM
~50, appears 17 • Cloud • Imagination • Sky

Cirrus yawned loudly, bleary eyes blinking, trying to focus. She tried to sit upright, only to slam her head into something hard and cold. "Gack!" she cried, wincing and rolling over, cradling her head in her arms. "Oww..." she whined, rubbing the spot on her forehead. What had she hit? There shouldn't be anything in the sky... Wait. She removed one hand from her face and trailed it over the cold, hard ground, then raised it to run along a smooth surface above her. Her eyes cleared as she blinked small tears away, and she sat up gently, looking around to get an idea of where she was. The room was dark, but she was pretty sure she was lying on bare ice underneath some kind of vehicle. She didn't have time to figure anything else out, as a door slammed open, spilling light into the room, revealing a big pair of yeti feet in the doorway.

Cirrus couldn't make out what the yeti was saying as it came closer to her hiding spot, but it sounded angry, and she got the feeling she wasn't supposed to be here. And yet here she was, making tons of noise. Her breath caught in her throat, and she stifled a sob as her bare hands slipped on the ice while she tried to scramble away from the approaching yeti. She didn't see the big yeti reach in and grab her by the ankle, she was too busy trying to get moving, and with barely any effort at all, she was yanked from beneath the vehicle and hauled into the light, the yeti holding her up by one ankle, high enough that her eyes were level with its own bushy brow. It was still shouting its gibberish in her face, and through her fear and confusion, she had one thought. Wow, your breath stinks.

Big Furry may have caught her off guard, but he hadn't caught her completely, not yet. Cirrus didn't want to find out what she was in trouble for, so she felt now would be as good a time as ever to give this big guy the slip. In an instant, the yeti paw enclosed around her ankle was suddenly clenched around nothing, as Cirrus' entire leg below the knee disintegrated into wispy puffs of cloud, allowing her to drop free of the yeti's grasp. As she hit the floor, her body evaporated into cloud just as her leg had, the wisps swirling and darting past and through the yeti's legs. Her body reformed on the opposite side of the big beast, who seemed incredibly confused by what just happened. She wasted no time, scrambling a bit to get her footing on the ice, and then she was off, through the door the yeti had entered through.

But where was she running? She didn't recognize this place at all, and the ice floor eventually gave way to wood, with surprisingly warm and cheery decor. She had no time to gawk, having to constantly check behind her to make sure the yeti wasn't gaining on her. She had no idea how fast they could run, but she wasn't particularly fast herself. Her only advantage right now was being able to slip away from them. All she had to do was be ready for them. An image of the yeti tackling her from behind suddenly filled her head, and she shot another worried look back. Right as she turned her head back to the front, she slammed into something, sending familiar pain through her forehead while also adding a crumpled nose. Thankfully whatever she hit wasn't unyielding, but she was still knocked back on her heels, arms windmilling as she failed to keep her balance and fell. She held her hands to her impacted nose, tears forming in the corners of her eyes from the blow. "Oowwww... why does this keep happening today?"

She looked up to see what she had run into, blinking away tears, only to find it wasn't a what, but a who. And it was the big man himself.

NICHOLAS ST. NORTH

OOC: Hope this is good for you!
PM
^
☽ NICHOLAS ST. NORTH
 Posted: Apr 10 2018, 11:18 AM
Old • Human • Wonder • North Pole

Nicholas St. North stood, feet square with his shoulders, and looked down at the cloud with a twinkle of wonder in his eyes. He had many questions from the girl. All of which he knew would be answered as the Yeti came running up, shouting for her to stop or at least slow down. The Yeti may be powerful creatures, but with power comes weight and they didn't find it as easy to run. As they caught up, they were huffing and puffing.
“Who is this?” North asked to no one in particular. He placed down the clipboard he had been holding. Of course, North hadn't been expecting a guest and had been working, counting through a pile of stuffed animals and helping with quality control. Not everyday was a surprise and North sometimes wished for them to keep his spark lit. There were long spells where he worked everyday, holed up in his office inventing toys, or helping the Yeti and Elves out on the shop floor. So, this was a welcomed distraction.
The conversation that transpired next between the big man and the Yeti was nothing but gibberish, some other language that Cirrus didn't know and may have never even heard before. It was an old language, known only among the Yeti and, of course, North. They passed a few garbles lines back and forth, the Yeti sounding increasingly frustrated and North nodding sagely, until North seemed satisfied with the information. Really, at this point, Cirrus could have easily slipped away. It was too late now, though, as North turned back to her quickly.
“You have been through many things today,” he noted, extending a massive hand down for her to take. “I apologize for my Yeti giving you a scare. They are... a little defensive and to them everything is being a threat!” North squinted his playful blue eyes are her, “You are not a threat, are you?”
He didn't believe her to be a threat at all. She just looked like a young girl. It is a bit strange how she ended up where she was, but she obviously wasn't just some normal human girl, the Yeti had made that clear. She had some sort of power and that peaked North's interest.

@CIRRUS
PM
^
✧ CIRRUS
 Posted: May 11 2018, 03:11 AM
~50, appears 17 • Cloud • Imagination • Sky

dare me to fly high
and i'll go even higher
Cirrus looked up at the large man, scooting back a little, worried that she might be in even more trouble now. The yeti caught up quickly, and she turned slightly to be able to watch him as well, her nervous eyes darting back and forth between the hard-breathing beasts and the red-clad man. The two parties started conversing in yeti language, leaving Cirrus entirely lost for a minute. She tried to calm down in that time, and figure out where she was.

She was feeling calmer, but still wasn’t any closer to figuring out where she was, or who she was with. Things were happening too quickly, and suddenly she was being spoken to, and a large hand was being offered to her. ”N-no, I’m not a threat,” she said in a small voice, glancing back at the yeti, who glared back at her. She winced away, scooting closer to North before taking his hand. A man his size would have no problem bringing a girl her size to her feet, but there was no need. She pulled herself up, and her entire body rose into the air until she was just high enough to right herself and touch down on the floor once more. ”But I guess I scared the yeti too, didn’t I?” She turned to the yeti, her hands fidgeting with one another. ”I-I’m sorry to have scared you, I didn’t mean to!”

She wasn’t sure if the yeti could understand her, but he didn’t relax his glare any. Did they just always look like that? She turned back to North, confusion and worry still on her face. ”Sorry, but um… where am I?”

coded by blair of shine & ooc

@LORISA
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.