Add Reply
New Poll

Sour Like Lemons, Cheesy Like Cheesecake, Tag: Hydra
☥ CHRYSANTHEMUM
 Posted: Apr 4 2018, 12:43 AM
200+ • Forest Spirit • Harmony • Burgess

Chrys was finishing up his lunch preparations. Cucumber tea sandwiches were on the menu, along with a special of Earl Grey tea. The Tea Garden, Chrys's pride and joy was filled with the scents of food and brew. He lazily sat behind the counter looking at a mortal fashion magazine. Chrys was rather fond of mortal fashion and what was in and trending. He liked looking like he fit in, it was crucial to him. He didn't want to give anyone the chance to think he was anything but a plain young adult. Sometimes he would get rather unusual customers that were probably attracted to his scent.

Burgess seemed to be a magnet for the supernatural and unknown. He wanted to keep out of their affairs the best he could. He didn't care about the tensions between all of them. He just wanted to live a normal life. However, things just seemed to find him anyways. So he treated them with kindness and a bagel and hoped the more unsavory ones left with no trouble.

He flipped a page and cried out. He had cut his finger on a page and he placed his finger to his lips to lick at the blood. He bent over and dug under the counter for a first aid kit. The door chimed and he grasped onto the kit. "Just a minute!" he called out and hopped back up with the kit in hand. "Welcome to the Garden." he smiled. Oh that was embarrassing.

@MOMO
PM
^
♠ THE HYDRA OF LERNA
 Posted: Apr 4 2018, 02:37 AM
3624 • Serpentine Water Spirit • Vengeance • Lerna

above the smokestacks
The Hydra of Lerna did not particularly like Burgess. While it held a large population of magical beings, the city was often far too cold in the water spirit's opinion. It was not warm like his own lake, something which undoubtedly had to do with how far up north it was. As a result, he rarely visited the small town unless he had to find an entrance to the Labyrinth and that happened to be the last resort. Food, in his own mind, could easily be found elsewhere.

Today was not one of those days. The town was warmer than usual, leaving him having to dress similarly to any other human. Having left the Labyrinth, he had decided to linger, an action which quickly turned more explorative as a hunger took over. However, he had yet to figure out if it was a hunger for meat or flesh.

His wanderings brought him to a shop. The scent caused his lips to purse. It was nauseating, not at all pleasing to a carnivore such as himself. Nonetheless, he was curious and as he opened the door the subtlest scent of blood lingered. His brow furrowed, slightly confused. It was not human, but far more similar to what might have come from a deer.

Entering, he glanced around curiously, picking up the call from the back. Walking to the counter, he glanced around. However, his gaze immediately zeroed in on the cashier's hand. Blinking, he slowly drew his gaze upwards.

Oh.

He flashed a smile. "Hello." His gaze flickered downward. "You alright?"

I got a brain-tricked hunger and you're pulling me in

@NICO
PM
^
☥ CHRYSANTHEMUM
 Posted: Apr 5 2018, 03:27 AM

Chrys looked up at the man that entered the store. "No, no, I'm fine. Just a little cut is all." he said and wrapped his cut up with a band-aid. That should stop the bleeding. He was just too careless about handling magazines. He had never thought paper, that came from trees, would harm him. Anyways, his attention turned to Hydra. He wasn't from around here, he had never seen him before. He just chalked it up to the male being a tourist.

"What can I get for you?" he asked with a smile on his face. Moving to put the kit behind the counter again. His nose wiggled as he took in the scents. This man smelled of snake and toxin. Maybe he was a snake charmer from a far away country. Though that was probably just grasping for straws. He clearly wasn't of the human variety. He wondered of he smelled Chrys too and thought the same thing.

All he did was keep an easy smile on his face act like nothing was wrong. Though he knew that it wasn't the sweet treats he was after, the snake probably smelled his blood.

@MOMO
PM
^
♠ THE HYDRA OF LERNA
 Posted: Apr 5 2018, 04:25 AM

above the smokestacks
Human stores tended to work quite against the Hydra of Lerna. As a carnivore, he could consume quite little of what humans enjoyed eating, nasty little omnivores that they were. Such a fact tended to make situations like this quite difficult. At best, he was probably only able to consume the plainest of drinks or foods this shop had to offer. Something like a pastry would undoubtedly make him ill for days, though it would never quite get around to properly killing him. That tended to be a bit difficult in itself considering most of his heads tended to grow back, making the chatter worse than it normally was.

Nonetheless, he had walked in here and he was not about to walk out. Nobody said that the food had to be for him. Though, chances were that he might get in a smidgen of trouble for wasting whatever human currency he had on his person for a reason like this.

He made a sound of understanding, before adopting a thoughtful look. "I'm looking for something for a friend." It was a fairly blatant lie. Most of his friends either had similar diets or were outright cannibals. Chances were that this would go to Lady Persephone or one of the beings within the Underworld he happened to get along with.

His lips curled into a smile, a flirtatious hint lingering within it. "I'm sure someone as sweet as you would have a good suggestion?"

@NICO
PM
^
☥ CHRYSANTHEMUM
 Posted: Apr 22 2018, 08:24 PM

Sippin' Tropicana in a coconut cabana Floatin' on flamingos, smokin' all the mangoes Hotter than mojave, sweeter than agave We just wanna stay cool hoverboarding in a calamansi wavepool

this is how
we otter pop

Chrys rubbed the hand that had the bandage on it. He did smell of snake so the deer wasn't sure how to make out. He didn't know if the creature wanted to eat him or eat the things he made on the counter. Was this what snakes ate? Snakes weren't his forte. Honestly, Chrys wasn't sure whether to be scared, friendly or flee to the backroom until he the male left. His attention went to the Hydra when he spoke up.

He nodded, of course it was a for a friend. Perhaps that was best, he didn't want anyone getting sick off his food if their digestive systems weren't compatible. "Ah, what kind of things do they like?" he asked with a small smile. He reached up and straightened his beanie. Making sure none of his horns were visible. The deer gave a look of shock, did he- did he just flirt with him? He let out a cough, he wasn't used to guys flirting with him. "Well, lets see." he moved over to the display case and took in the pastries, cakes, cookies and sandwiches. "We have these. Our special today are tea sandwiches with a side of earl grey tea." he nodded. "The sandwiches have lettuce and egg." he informed.

He was purposefully ignoring the flirts for now. He wasn't professional if he flirted back. Though maybe, if he flirted he could sell some things. That vindictiveness actually found fondness in Chrys. However his innocent soul wouldn't be able to handle it.

PM
^
♠ THE HYDRA OF LERNA
 Posted: May 16 2018, 10:44 PM

above the smokestacks
The answer to the pleasant looking male's question was almost immediate. "Something with pomegranates." He was more than old enough to recall the story of how Lady Persephone had gotten stuck in the Underworld. Her liking for the fruit was something he was well aware of. However, he was not entirely sure if an American pastry shop would sell anything with them in them. It seemed a bit more likely than if he were shopping in Greece. Grecian sweets were always nutty and tasted of honey. "Though, something with honey would work as well." After all, the gods tended to drink nothing but ambrosia and that stuff supposedly tasted like pure honey.

The flirtatious line got him a shocked, but certainly not uncomfortable look. Predictably, the deer attempted to keep professional. Nonetheless, this was nothing that he had not played with before and the Hydra of Lerna was nothing if not stubborn.

His brow furrowed at the suggestion. Truth be told, he had no idea what tea or sandwiches tasted like. The egg bit sounded a bit good, but he was fairly sure that the rest was completely fatal to him. He was pretty sure that tea was not bad and possibly something that Lady Persephone even drank considering Lord Hades sometimes indulged in it. Unfortunately, he had no idea about what types were better.

"Are thossse good?" he asked seriously, seeming to actually not know the answer to the question. Pausing, he seemed to realize how odd the question sounded. "Not to question your cooking ssskillsssss. I've jusssst alwaysss had a ssstrict diet, sssso I can't sssaay I've had sssome of that before." It didn't sound like too much of a lie, all things considered. After all, Hydra almost looked like an albino, the only difference being that his hair was an odd shade of black and white that left it seeming like the black might have actually been dyed in. Truth be told, he found it the easiest way to explain things without outright explaining that he was a carnivore. Current situations taken ito account, he had a feeling that would not go over well.

@NICO
PM
^
☥ CHRYSANTHEMUM
 Posted: May 20 2018, 02:27 AM

Sippin' Tropicana in a coconut cabana Floatin' on flamingos, smokin' all the mangoes Hotter than mojave, sweeter than agave We just wanna stay cool hoverboarding in a calamansi wavepool

this is how
we otter pop

He wasn't sure how well this was going. He was nervous as all get out, but this man seemed to be actually interested in buying something. So maybe he wasn't that bad? His body was screaming run but the braver and maybe stupider side of him was staying. Something with pomegranate or honey? Chrys placed a finger to his mouth and looked at his selection. He had made some honey cakes, maybe that would work. He turned to Hydra with a small smile.

"I made some honey cakes this morning. They're just little cakes baked with honey in the bread. I'm afraid I have nothing with Pomegranates." a little frown came from that. It was a very particular request. He wondered who Hydra knew that loved it so much. "I do have a Pomegranate in the back, i can make some juice out of it, if you're willing to wait?" he asked sheepishly.

Are those good? He asked. Chrys's eyes wondered to where Hydra was looking, the egg tea sandwiches and the tea. "I like to think they're good, I can't eat eggs, so I wouldn't know. Though people seem to like them." he said. He wouldn't make them if they didn't sell. "The tea however, is very delicious. It has a very herby taste to it, a little bitter if you don't add something to it." he informed.

He obviously didn't take offense to the comment. He knew he was a great cook so nothing could get him down. Maybe he was a little narcissistic

PM
^
♠ THE HYDRA OF LERNA
 Posted: May 20 2018, 05:26 AM

above the smokestacks
The Hydra of Lerna had always been a stubborn creature, having been taught from a young age not to step back from even the most dangerous of situations. After all, he had been raised to be a killer. It was only with time that he had learned to listen to his instincts a bit more, as the avoidance of doing so had been what had led to his temporary death at the hands of Hercules. However, this did not tend to change with other aspects of life. As sly as any snake, it was hardly beyond his being to make up excuses or lies in attempts to get what he wanted. In this case, he was going for more of the former. After all, he did intend upon buying something, though he was not sure if he would call the person he was gifting it to a friend.

The mention of honey cakes caught his attention. He hardly needed much in the way of knowledge on food to know that such a treat might be taken well. People tended to enjoy such foods so long as their pallets enjoyed sweets and to his understanding Lady Persephone seemed to. However, his brow furrowed at the mentioned of making pomegranate juice. He knew little about the fruit outside of what it looked like due to the fruit being among one of the natural plants the Underworld could naturally house. He rather doubted that would be a quick thing to make. More importantly, it would [probably leave him standing here waiting for awhile.

He rolled around both answers in his head for a moment. "I imagine a honey cake and sssome tea would work well," he said. He had little idea about the sandwiches, but it seemed like a better idea to go with what was at least partially familiar to him.

@NICO
PM
^
☥ CHRYSANTHEMUM
 Posted: 15 minutes ago

this is how
we otter pop

Chrys stood there studying his nails as the other person made their decision. He was actually just glad that Hydra was making an order, maybe he'd get out of his shop. Sure that sounded rude, but he felt like the snake was going to eat him. Worse, kill him or something. Snakes were the predator and he was the prey. As human as they looked they were both animals and nothing could change that fact. He managed a smile when Hydra made his order.

"Alright Honey Cakes and tea coming up." he had luckily just brewed a pot of black tea. It was being warmed on his stove. Hydra seemed incredibly clueless when it came to food so he just hoped for the best. Pouring some tea into a to-go cup and wrapping the cake in some paper. He moved to the cash register and started ringing him up.

Turning to Hydra he swallowed. "That'll be seven even please." he said.

PM
^
2 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
1 Members: ☆ NICO

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.