Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Flicks With Friends, Tag West~
❂ SOUTH WEST ETHERIDGE
 Posted: Aug 19 2017, 09:37 AM
24 • Human • Contentment • Burgess, Pennsylvania

TAGGED
COFFEEBEAN
WORD COUNT
NOTES
BEING PREGNANT SUCKS WHEN YOU CRAVE CHEEZ-WHIZ AND BACON
A sweeter life...
I miss the conversation I’m searching for a song tonight I’m changing all of the stations
The bright giggles of the little girl filled the living room, as Edward continued to speak to her with his funny little Scottish accent. She was practically tickled pink, as she shook her head quickly with the offer of attempting to do one. Ianthe was very, very sure she couldn't do one at all!
A triumphant smile pulled at West's lips as she let her gaze shift towards Edward. Ha, she hadn't done a British accent in a long time. But thankfully, she wasn't that rusty to sound like a complete dingbat.

"My grandparents were both from England, I grew up listening to them with their cute little accents." A little shrug, as she grinned while Ianthe clamored into her lap. She was getting pretty big, but luckily she still fit-......ish. They made it work. "My entire family could probably fake being full-on British if we tried hard enough-....except Mom, she's pretty bad at it."

Quickly, they'd moved onto watching the movie once more. With West braiding Ianthe's hair, the young woman snorted at Edward's comment about the Tramp's "special tattoo." Right, nice save once again.
"Oh yeah, defi-" West began, before the soft, high-pitched voice of Ianthe cut her off.

"Why would he have a cool tattoo if his name is Tramp?" West's eye's widened, as she sent a side-glance over to Edward. Right, no uh-....freaking out, just explain in the most child-appropriate manner. You've got this Westie.
"Sometimes people with special names get tattoos so they seem really cool." She explained as smoothly as she could, looking over at Edward with a quick raise of her eyebrows. If he wanted to add in something, just to help drive the point across, that was fine with her. "Okay?"

"Okay." Ianthe replied, her attention returned to the movie once again. The young woman had to stifle a sigh of relief, as she finished up braiding one side of her pigtail braids.

The movie quickly led on once again, and West found her eyes shifting back over to Edward as he commented, and then directed a question towards her. Would she have treated a dog that way, once Ianthe had come into the world?
"Heavens no. A dog is family too, I wouldn't treat them worse just because I got knock-...just because a baby is a new addition to the family." A small shrug followed, as she worked on the other part of Ianthe's pigtails. The little girl was currently bouncing in her seat, yet her attention span was still held by the movie, thankfully enough.

A soft laugh left her at the next scene, where she quickly finished up braiding Ianthe's hair. Gently patting her on the head once, the little girl promptly jumped up to her feet. Only stumbling slightly, West's mom reflexes kicked into gear as she grabbed her arm gently to steady her.
"Careful, squirt." She said, her voice firm yet caring, as the little girl nodded. Letting go of her, Ianthe promptly skipped back to her bear and her blanket upon the floor, sitting down once more.

West couldn't help her next soft laugh, as Edward sent another question her way complete with eyebrow movement. It had been awhile since anybody had asked what her pregnancy had been like, especially the cravings she had for food. That had been awful.

"Nah, it was more like..." West thought back then, to what she had practically searched high and low for at the grocery store during that time. Her mom always offered to get her food too, she was such a saint. "I had really strong craving for grapes, dark chocolate, salty foods, lots of meat stuff too like-....bacon, and what not. Also cheese, so much cheese." West smiled fondly then, taking a sip of water as she recalled a memory.
"I think the lowest I sank was when my mom found me sitting on the kitchen floor, 8 months pregnant and bawling my eyes out, while spraying Cheez-Whiz on a whole pack of cooked bacon." West winced slightly, turning a bit green for a moment until she took another sip of water. "I can't look at the stuff now without feeling nauseous."

The movie went on then, with the baby boy being born and the ensuing surprise song that Lady sang as she went to go look at the baby.
Honestly, West thought the whole thing was pretty adorable, being able to see the (albeit fictional) perspective of a dog discovering the new member of the family.

On a side-note, West really did hope Edward was enjoying the movie. But so far, everything seemed to going great.

PM
^
❂ EDWARD DELANO
 Posted: Aug 30 2017, 12:45 AM
38 • Human • Promises • N/A

What the heck feels why?

Brits, eh? Etheridge was a pretty British name, he had to admit. He smirked at that, the idea of them….like….sneaking across the border or some shit pretending to be locals. Like in a spy movie or something. West with those thick spy glasses and black leather….yeah, he could dig it. He gave a shrug of his shoulders. ”Nothing special here. Born and bred in the States, though my dad’s side has like Italian roots. Delano, and all that. It’s funny whenever I see a Delano’s Pizza. Makes me snicker.”

Uh…but….fucking lord he had to put a lid on it. He sincerely….jesus, he hadn’t had a small child around in so long that he forgot filtering was important. Especially for shit like tramp stamps. In no way did Ianthe need to know what that was about. He bit down as West started trying to explain it for the poor girl. Special tattoos…to look cooler. ”Oh, yeah! Like, it’s…a fashion statement, kind of a phase that some people go through. Gotta look the most unique possible!” He had to shut himself up there before he tried to bullshit an example, because he was about to use himself and even implying that he got a tramp stamp at any point – even for the sake of an innocent explanation to a child – would probably make him want to throw up in his mouth.

Okay. Crisis averted.

Her answer about treating a puppy made Edward smile though. Working with animals all the time, he kinda…got to see the good owners and the fucked up ones. Being neglectful towards a puppy because you were having a kid wasn’t fair to the animal; he considered it human irresponsibility – if you’re not willing to care for both, then don’t have one or the other. His eyes drifted from the movie back down to Ianthe and the hair braiding. She was honestly such a cutie. Ed sort of….wanted to hold her, but he knew that probably wasn’t appropriate just yet.

Okay but he was really, genuinely, hugely invested in knowing what the cravings were like. He had to know. Was it different for everyone? Probably. What was West’s like? Grapes wasn’t so bad….not the most expensive shit out there. Dark chocolate….well people craved chocolate in general. But the cheese one made him laugh. He could just imagine it. West, bedraggled hair and overstretched clothes, sitting on the floor with a dazed look and tears all streaking her face with a plate of the cheesiest bacon. Good fucking god.

”That sounds like an absolute nightmare…” And for once, it wasn’t in a jokesy tone; he was actually being sympathetic. Like, fuck, that couldn’t have been fun at all.

He snorted as the father basically ran around screaming about his new kid. And kinda….felt a little jipped honestly, like…that had never been a part of it for him. Just, bam, here’s a baby, it’s yours now bye. Seeing it like that was kinda nice. He leaned into West a little, barely even aware he was doing it. ”Must be nice to see your kid get born like that. A real…everyday miracle.”

Ianthe’s father probably wasn’t there for her when it happened. They’d both missed out on that scene.

PMEmail
^
❂ SOUTH WEST ETHERIDGE
 Posted: Sep 1 2017, 09:42 AM
24 • Human • Contentment • Burgess, Pennsylvania

TAGGED
COFFEEBEAN
WORD COUNT
NOTES
ummMMMM they're sort of cuddling?????? how fricken cute is that?????????
A sweeter life...
I miss the conversation I’m searching for a song tonight I’m changing all of the stations
West really did have to hand it to him, Edward was good with handling the whole....'tramp-stamp' debacle.
She really wasn't mad, nah, not at all. It was actually starting to appear a bit more funny than nerve-wracking, considering the fact that Ianthe was practically eating up the words that were spilling from both of their mouths.
They were out of the woods by now, until Ianthe turned her attention back from the movie to look up at her mother with a bright, toothy smile.

"You have a special tattoo too, mommy!" Ianthe chimed, moving to point with her finger up at West, hugging her bear to her chest with the other free arm. "The little planet on your back."
Ah, fuck. She had forgotten all about that! God dammit!

An embarrassed smile pulled at her lips, as Ianthe promptly lost interest and turned back to watch the movie. Gaze flicking over to Edward, she was quietly wondering if he wanted an explanation. She definitely liked to forget that she got it. At least it was pretty classy, for one.

After that, the conversation and movie quickly led on. From the talk of treating animals, and then on to cravings, West found herself relaxing back onto the couch once more. Finally finishing off her water, she grinned after recalling the story of her horrible and nauseating bacon and cheez-whiz adventure.
The memories weren't exactly pleasant, but it was nice to be able to talk about that time with somebody else. She really did appreciate the sympathy from Ed, as she grinned and ran a hand through the locks of her hair.

"Oh yeah, it was. I'm glad that time is over." West had nearly driven her family crazy with her food cravings, and mood swings. But they all coped the best they could, and were there for each other in the end. Brooklyn was even the true MVP when he got her those two packs of double stuffed Oreos and three cans of cheez-whiz for her at 3 am.
Attention turning back to the movie, a hint of nostalgia ran through her as she watched the scene. She felt the lean against her shoulder, and her head tilted to gently rest upon his shoulder, automatically. Even West didn't realize what she was doing.

West hadn't even been totally alone, even when Ianthe's father didn't show for the birth. She didn't expect him to, of course, the young woman hadn't even told him where she lived in the first place. But, more on that later...
Her family had been there, all anxiety and nerves. Eusten had definitely started crying at one point, worried out of his mind for his little sister. Even some of her uncles had showed up, the ones that could, that is.

"Mhm..." West hummed in agreement, glancing up at Edward out of the corner of her eye. West hadn't even asked about Carter's mother before. In fact, she didn't even have a clue who she was in the first place.
But, she figured that was a sensitive topic - one Edward had to approach her with it first, when he felt the most comfortable. Prying would just be a major douche move to pull.

The movie led on, with the arrival of Aunt Sarah and the Siamese cats from hell. West always hated this part of the movie, that Aunt character was such a bitch to Lady.
Idly, West reached over to the popcorn bowl, promptly stuffing a handful into her mouth as she quietly watched the film play on.

"Ugh, I hate this character." Voicing her opinion out loud with a mutter, after she was done chewing and swallowing, the young woman visibly cringed for added humor.
Ianthe merely giggled, glancing back at her mother before hugging her bear close and eating her applesauce with her free hand. She always found her mom's reactions to movies really funny in general.

PM
^
❂ EDWARD DELANO
 Posted: Sep 6 2017, 10:57 PM
38 • Human • Promises • N/A

Ed no bad stop

Everything was in the clear. Everything was good. It was fine! Excellent even. One could argue that the scenario was, in fact, splendid. As much as it could be anyway, considering. The little angel believed both him and West…yeah, good…believe the nice smart adults…haaaaa. Thank shit, he was afraid he’d busted her innocence a little. He was going to need to filter himself now, seriously. That or West was going to muzzle him. Maybe literally. Except that was a little kinky and not kid-safe at all so probably not.

Head out of the gutter, dumbass.

Oh but then. Then, it got rich. Damn like…Ianthe meant nothing by it of course but…in that moment…she just….what she said….

Oh, no, mommy dearest. Ratted out by her little angel.

”Your mommy is really out of this world, isn’t she.” he chirped, catching her side-eye and meeting it with a smirk and some wagging eyebrows. But, he was playing it subtle for Ianthe’s sake – and because honestly kids did stupid shit, she probably got it a while ago, before Ianthe came around. He wasn’t gonna judge too harshly. …..But seriously, why a planet, though? What an odd choice. Wasn’t it usually like…a heart, or a skull, or a rose or some shit? Not that…he actually had any expertise in it. So.

He found himself sympathizing with the poor woman over that…low phase during her pregnancy though. For one thing, she’d still been young to have a kid, yeah? Like twenty….twenty-one….ish, in that ballpark kinda area. She was barely an adult, and suddenly she was by herself…growing a little human inside her. That was already a horrifying thought, and had to take a shitload of balls to go through with. Like he had to give serious kudos. Ed at 21? If he’d been a woman? Nope. No way he would’ve been able to go through with it. West was a strong woman even if she may not necessarily think so, and even if she made some stupid decisions. Who didn’t, in thee nd?

At least it gave him sort of a…better idea as to what sort of person he wanted to be as an adult. He didn’t want to be like his own father, or West’s boyfriend. Ex. Ex boyfriend. He wanted to be the-

Whoa sudden head on the shoulder. But….it felt really nice.

Comforting.

He loved Carter. He really…loved his son so much, but he wanted to imagine something especially sweet…being there while his beautiful boy was born. He didn’t have to be his biological father, but if he could’ve seen him when he was first born…that was….beautiful.

He found himself reaching, as though to touch her shoulder, rub circles in it but that….that was probably too much. Slow it on down, hot stuff. He eased back, though let his arm relax behind her on the sofa. Yeah that was okay. There were these….cats…what the fuck man. What was wrong with these little shits? He opened his mouth-

-oh. West said it first. Ha.

”Does Disney just like to make us think cats are evil or what?” he asked, though….it was his first Disney movie. Maybe there was another one called Kitty and the…uh…Alley Cat didn’t have as much of a nice ring to it. So maybe not. He reached out for his own handful of popcorn, his other hand reaching out absently to ruffle Ianthe’s hair.

The next scene was…..also kinda shitty. The poor dog got muzzled because of those dickweed cats and then she was running away scared. Like no fucking wonder, this woman was a really shitty bitch to treat Lady like that. ”My god, this dog is going through hell right now.” he muttered, watching the surprisingly sympathetic cartoon animal run through alleyways being chased by….wild dogs. Shit, jeez. ”....Holy teeth, batman.” he muttered. Say what he would about the movie the animators did a great job emphasizing the “scary” people from the “cute” people. Dogs. And then there in the middle of it was-

”.....Holy crap. That’s...violent?” He blinked a couple times, and even found himself….wincing. It was weird, he was sorta imposing himself into that situation. He was Tramp here. And shit that would hurt. ”He’d better be getting some after this. Seriously.”

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.