Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

To Begin Anew, Tag Maidie~
☥ MAIDIE
 Posted: Mar 23 2017, 07:33 AM
615 • Kelpie • Ignorance • Near the water

Still living in the currents you create Still sinking in the pool of your mistakes Oh, I'm coming up for air.
Even as she stood, stagnant within her human form. The form that contained the rage she felt, ever internal and as vengeful as a wildfire, it blended in perfectly with the humans. Yet, she could hardly be considered one, even as Maidie took the appearance of one. The lochs rushed through her veins, watery rapids of blackened water that churned with such mystery and a wild nature.

The water spirit was connected to this source of life to many. Water, fluid and ever moving, and taken her as it's own, changed her into this being. She didn't know this, not at all, the place from where she had emerged had only been a confusing beginning to her.

The world had been bright and new, sparking such frustration in her to tear apart anything that had come close to her. But the water still accepted her as it's own, healing her wounds and harboring her spirit, and this seemed to please Emil. Oddly enough.

Confusing as he may be, the water fae was all-knowing. At least, to Maidie he was. A being of immense dignity and respect, she wished to please him and follow in his footsteps. Even if some things he said were annoying, yet that couldn't be helped.

Maidie flicked the piece of cloth from her fingers, just as he replied. Not hers, not one of the Kelpie. But close.
Stromkarlen clan of the River Helge. That just sounded like a bunch of nonsense to Maidie, but the kelpie listened all the same, even if she didn't quite understand.

"What is a Stromkarlen." Maidie whinnied, blunt in her confusion and childlike with her tonality. Blinking her wide brown eyes, the perfect betrayal of innocence and ignorance alike. "And what is a River Helge? Can I go there with you? Is it full of kelpie too? Is there walking food there?"

At his answer to her question, Maidie scowled, despite him not meaning it in a mean way. Huffing in his general direction, she dipped below the water for a moment, before emerging once more. Cheeks puffed full with water, the kelpie promptly spat a perfect stream of water to hit him the face. Playfully, of course, or was it really?

"It is not my fault the humanfolk stink so much." Maidie grumped, ignoring her completely childlike actions as she snorted. And, like an afterthought, she added. "You stink too."
It was a lie, he smelled rather good to the kelpie.

BY MITZI

EMIL AV HELGE In which Maidie is a complete child.
PM
^
☥ EMIL AV HELGE
 Posted: Mar 23 2017, 07:26 PM
Old • Stromkarl • Corruption • Water

She was an infant. Was this what it was to….raise a child? Rearing in the village of Stromkarlen was left to select karl. He had been instead gifted with the mark of the River King, becoming one of his heirs - and as such was not taught in the ways of rearing offspring. But was raising a Kelpie the same as it was for raising Stromkarlen? As young they were different beasts - he knew that much to be true. Kelpie were strictly beasts that dined on the flesh of humans, while the Stromkarlen were omnivorous, consuming flesh of man, of beast, fruit, weeds and even bark in the coldest and barest of winters. In fact consumption of the flesh of humans was dangerous - fishtales spoke of the transformation to a human being if the exact mass of one was consumed by a Stromkarl. That he or she would become more and more like them. Of course he didn’t know if such words were true or merely tales, but he as a youngling had feared the prospect. By their natures, Stromkarlen and Kelpie were different beasts. To raise her then...he would need to think in a different way than he was accustomed.

It would not be….easy.

Ah, but she wished to know what he was. Of course, she had no knowledge of the word, so would not know its meaning. So many questions at once….River Helge, its inhabitants...she wished to learn much in such a short time. Little ones were difficult. And she seemed to be mildly offended by his words, the foal ducking beneath the water for a moment only to spray him. He let out a soft snort, blinking and tossing his head, shaking his mane and spraying water everywhere. The brook horse gazed upon her with sharp eyes, lowering his head again. ”I do not stink. And neither will you given time to adjust. The water will ebb away the stench of land folk from you and you will become more like us. The fault is yours because your body resembles them. But you will be cleansed.”

But now her queries….of the Stromkarlen, of Helge. Emil snorted once more, plodding toward her. ”Strom Karl is translated loosely to River Man. We are therefore men borne of the river.” His tone became wistful, distant as he thought back to his home. ”The river is called the Holy River, Helge. It is an old river in the area the Land Folk refer to as Scandinavia. It is very far from here. We the Stromkarlen came to exist a long time ago. The River King who watches over us has said that we once were no different from the fishes, little mindless creatures that fed off the land. He has told me that the Land Folk fought a deadly battle in that river, and that it was only after that battle, after the bodies of the Land Folk settled and stilled, that we first appeared. It was gradual, but we came to be intelligent. I was not born during that time, so I don’t know if it all is true. But I believe in our King and I believe he speaks the truth.” Helge was the only reason that Emil had escaped the clutches of the Land Folk, after all. He trusted the King of his river.

”I do not know if kelpie ever lived in our river. But I believe it is habitable to them. We the Stromkarlen have kept to ourselves, but many creatures pass through our waters.” He paused a moment, looking her over. ”Did you wish to visit?”

To return home….even for a short while…..quiet hope drummed inside his heart. He did so miss the waves….the familiar tingle of the water, fresh and clean…..but he could not stay. He knew he could not stay. For if he did then poison….

But even a short visit would be pleasant.

MAIDIE | USIN DA NEW TEMPLATE LIKE WHOA
it can eat at you until they both turn black and blue. the poison in my veins that got me through her kiss.
PMEmail
^
☥ MAIDIE
 Posted: Mar 28 2017, 02:12 AM

Irritation gathered easily within her, like a bundle of storm clouds on the brink of a budding storm. This felt like the easiest emotion to feel, like annoyance, or frustration. It stemmed from her impatience, which it turn was inspired by her ever growing ignorance of the world.
Maidie didn't understand why Emil told her she stank of the land folk, it wasn't her fault that they were so messy when she hunted them. Red stuff spraying everywhere like a geyser, gross. so she retaliated childishly, which she didn't seem to even mind how naive her actions were.

Luckily for her, he didn't scold her physically, although the Kelpie didn't even consider that consequence now. Instead, she scowled, lowering enough into the water as she listened to him talk, while she blew bubbles upon the surfacing of the water with her mouth.
"Not my fault." She grumbled, but it instead it came out as a neigh, and it was rather hard to sound angry when you spoke like a horse.

The sudden spiel of information bestowed upon her seemed to pull Maidie out of her pouting state, instead causing a hint of intrigue to bloom within her.
Raising out of the water so that her head popped all the way out, her long dark brown hair spread around her like a semi-halo over the murky water, the girl listened quietly.
All of it sounded like gibberish to her. Stromkarlen. River Man. Holy River. Scandinavia. The kelpie wasn't even sure how he translated that last word into horse, she'd never heard it before.

She could understand the legend, or fact in his point of view, that Emil told her. The Strom...Stromkarlen sprang from the dead bodies of the walking food, or rather the burial ground of them, simple enough.
He had a King too, and in the faintest corners of her mind could Maidie remember what a king was. The kelpie knew that it was someone of extreme importance, at least.

Emil's question, would she like to visit, was one she mulled around her mind. Hardly could he tell her that kelpie had ever visited before....but in her ever budding stubborn natire, Maidie decided she didn't care if any of her kind hadn't visited yet, she wanted to go.
"Yes." Maidie whinnied, swimming forward in her sudden eagerness and promptly transforming into her form of the mare. Tossing her head once, the horse nickered with a mixture of excitement and anticipation.

EMIL AV HELGE Pardon any spelling errors or weird grammer stuff <3

PM
^
☥ EMIL AV HELGE
 Posted: Mar 30 2017, 07:32 PM

Not her fault….well that was both true and untrue at once. How it was not her fault - well that blame belonged to him. He had been the one to change her into what she was; not by intent, but all the same, it had happened by fate’s design. It was however faulted to her in that by nature, she had been borne as one of them, as land folk. But, he accepted her behaviour for now - she was a foal, he would let her be. Foals were petulant things; she would learn to behave properly in time.

There was so much for her to learn. He was glad to hear her ask of the Stromkarlen, for though it spawned an ache inside him, an ache of longing for his family, he was also proud to speak of them. Few knew of the Stromkarlen; they were, often, mistaken when seen for Kelpie - at least when in their equine form. They were similar in nature, but they were cousins at best - in truth they had a closer connection to fish and humans than to horses for the nature by which they came about. They were not well known beasts - but that was by their own design; Stromkarlen kept largely within their communities, rarely leaving beyond the need to hunt and feed.

They had been borne most grotesquely, that was what he knew. Helgean had told them much, had told them of their origins. It sounded especially bloody and Emil found himself wondering how it was possible that such beauty came of such blood and death. The Stromkarlen were beautiful creatures, truly; they had love and music to give, two things which were inherently beautiful. They sang beautifully and they danced beautifully and they were so beautiful that they entranced the land folk. But then Helgean had said that not all beautiful things began as such. Neither were all beautiful things truly beautiful deep within their core.

Emil was not so beautiful any more, corruption in his heart had taken that. Beauty was a tarnished thing in his eyes.

The water fae moved forward, bumping his nose lightly against her own as the kelpie changed into the form of the mare. The brook horse let out his own quiet puff of breath, swishing his tail in the waters. ”If you wish to go, then I will take you. But I will remain outside of the waters.”

He did not wish to alert his brothers and sisters nor Helgean to his presence; they missed him as he missed them, but as he was now, poisoned and filled with sickness….he did not wish to risk spreading it to them, by any means. To even let a small fraction ooze from his lips or through his pores, he could not live with himself to tarnish Helgean. He wished…..to see them again, but he knew he could not. So for their sake and for his he would stay out of the waters of Helgean. At least for now. But if she wished to go, then he would take her. ”Helgean would wish to speak with you, for you are a newborn foal. There is much the King could teach to you. Do you wish to go now, little foal?”

MAIDIE | ADVENTURE TIME???
it can eat at you until they both turn black and blue. the poison in my veins that got me through her kiss.
PMEmail
^
☥ MAIDIE
 Posted: Apr 9 2017, 07:41 AM

Still living in the currents you create Still sinking in the pool of your mistakes Oh, I'm coming up for air.
Emil was not humanfolk. It was very much obvious now, and before that too. He didn't look like them, not with his pointy ears or painted face. He was much too pretty too, he gave off a different air than the walking food did. Some of them were just plain ugly.

He was water...waterkin, yes, but of a different kind. Not Kelpie, not hers, but another thing. A thing she didn't know about, called Stromkarlen. It was hard to say it, even in her mind, this unfamiliar and foreign word, but she shaped it clearly enough.

The curiosity pulled at her, and for the first time in what she thought was the beginning of her existance, and to now, her instincts felt...unimportant, for the time being. The seeking of knowledge, as he spoke to her about the battle of legend, and how his kind came to be...it intrigued her.

Even so, he could take the form of her kin's beast as well, if not more..beautiful, in her eyes. She wanted to see his people, if they were like him or not. Emil, so far, had proven his wisdom and ability of protection, not like she had been even testing him in the first place, but because of this...only made her warm up to him more.

Shifting into her form of the mare, the creature bumped her nose back at him gently, and listened as he spoke. Only a twinge of apprehension bloomed within her, he would not be going with her. What if the Stromkarlen rejected her, much like the humanfolk had done so?

A soft whinny of worry left her, while she shifted upon her hooves with a nervous nature, gently splashing the water about and sending ripples over the surface.
"Will they welcome me there?" She neighed, snorting once with a short flick of her ears. If they threw the painful rocks like the humans did, Maidie was not sure how she would react. Probably by running away.

Yet the knowledge of a new place, one that had been seemingly far beyond her reach before. It intrigued her enough to overpower the fear, that she bobbed her head, to affirm that she indeed wanted to go at that very minute.

"Yes, I do." The Kelpie spoke with a nicker, her excitement poorly contained as she waited for him to take off. What would she find there? And...how would Helgean be? Would he be much like Emil? The questions crowded her mind, as she remained poised and ready to take off.

BY MITZI

EMIL AV HELGE ahhhhHHHHHH ADVENTURE
PM
^
☥ EMIL AV HELGE
 Posted: Apr 16 2017, 05:24 PM

The ache to see home was stronger than it had been before. Emil….did not often yearn as such, because he knew that returning would only be painful; but here he found himself...wishing for home. Perhaps it was the sight of the kelpie foal so lost that drew that desire to return, or perhaps it was the fact that Helgean himself would be, perhaps, the best help for her. He was far older than Emil and had known her kind - Emil himself was unfamiliar with her, for though he had heard of and met kelpies in the past, he was not so certain of those which were born in such unnatural ways as she.

Those that began as land folk and became kelpie. He hadn’t known it was possible. Helgean would know.

He gave a soft puff of air as she bumped her nose against him, allowing the contact. Though he was usually averse to it, he didn’t mind this; she was, after all, waterkin. Like this, as the mare, she smelled almost tolerable; still of flesh, because she had recently eaten, but the stench was wearing away. It was more the stench of blood, though, than that of their living, breathing, vile bodies. He could bear this at least. Yet, there was another scent which he recognized of her, and that was uncertainty. She was….not certain of herself. Perhaps she was anxious, worried if the other Stromkarlen would be so kind as to accept her or not. And truth be told, many would likely look upon her as a strange beast. They were not particularly social creatures, but as she was waterkin, she would be at least...considered a friend.

Ah, and there it was, in her query. He had been right. He let out yet another puff of air, bowing his head so that his snout met the water, and he sent a small splash toward her. ”Do not think so hard upon it. You will be welcomed for the guest you present yourself to be. If you are a good guest, you will be welcomed. If you are a troublemaker, then you will not. The answer should be simple.” Really, it was the most sensible answer, one that she herself should have come to. But then, she was a foal, he would give her that much; mentally she was young, and did not understand things like etiquette. But she would learn, he would teach her.

He gave her a quick nudge as her excitement seemed to return, sinking low into the water. ”We have a ways to go from here. Follow me. We will stop to eat from time to time, but I will take you to our home. The waters will carry us.”

MAIDIE IF YOU WANT WE CAN TIMESKIP TO THEM BEING AT SWEDEN
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.