Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Summertime Reunions, Tag: Pippa
JACK FROST*
 Posted: Aug 11 2017, 08:51 AM
300+ • Winter Spirit • Fun • Burgess

S
hips in the sky were uncommon. That's what Jack found when he decided to visit his home. A frown and narrowed eyes crossed his face, it was oddly suspicious, and he wasn't about to let whatever on that ship harm those in Burgess. He urged the wind to carry him on deck, he thought he had the element of surprise, there was a possibility that the ship's inhabitants wouldn't see him anyways.

Frost covered where he stepped as he studied the contents of the area. Boxes upon boxes of whatever, just stacked on top of each other. Ropes and whatnots on the deck, it didn't seem like anything but an ordinary ship. He wasn't going to let his guard down however, it wasn't unusual for odd people to visit Burgess. It was like the place was a magnet for the weird and unexplained, for them it was unexplained, but for Jack it was an everyday thing.

Jack sucked in a breath and opened one of the doors and walked in. Now that he examined the deck, he would check some of these doors to get a better idea of the place. It was then when he realized he had walked into the weapons room, swords, guns and the air smelled like gun powder. Surely they weren't going to use this on mortals. Jack wouldn't let that happen.

MOMO
PM
^
❂ PIPPA MCBRIDE
 Posted: Aug 11 2017, 07:23 PM
23 • Human • Adventure • Burgess

By some turn of fate Captain hook had decided to make a stop in Burgess. It was a decision that made Pippa relatively uncomfortable. She had not been to her hometown in years, having run away with no intention of turning back. In many ways the decision felt almost as if life were mocking her. Of course, things were hardly like that. She was not so narcissistic as to think that the captain had made a decision solely to taunt her. If he wanted to torment her there were a million other ways to do it. Besides, he hardly knew where she was actually from.

The decision, as she and the rest of the crew had quickly learned, was due to a need for supplies. They would be stopping for a few days before heading off. As she was not being taught how to steer or navigate right now, she knew little more than that.

Having yet to land, the captain...did whatever he did and the ship was placed in what she personally deemed as a stasis or auto-pilot, doing little more than floating in the air while most of the crew slept. As morning came, Pippa awoke a bit earlier than most so that she could cook. It was troublesome, mostly due to how early it was.

Half awake, Pippa hardly noticed the state of the deck until she slipped on some of the frost that had formed. "Ow!" Frowning, she brought a hand up only to notice that there was frost select parts of the ship. What the hell? They were hardly high up for frost to be forming and it was...well, it was sort of summer, to be honest.

Adjusting her beanie, she made her ways to her feet before following the trail. Coming to a door that she recognized as storage for the weapons, she hesitantly opened it. "Hello?" she called in.

do you ever see? all the castles in the sky

NICO
PM
^
JACK FROST*
 Posted: Aug 15 2017, 08:47 PM

J
wasn't going to let his guard down. By the looks of things, this was a pirate ship. Which meant the fact that no one was aboard was that they were down in town. He debated if he needed to intervene, this was his home turf, he was his strongest here. Though he wasn't sure that they were attacking. When he passed Burgess everything seemed peaceful. Perhaps he was making a big deal out of nothing?

He heard the thump and the cry and he was on high alert. Someone was on the ship. He turned around when the door opened and held his staff out in a defensive position. His eyes narrowed when they appeared. Something was familiar about the girl, she almost looked like one of the kids from all those years ago, only grown up. Looking her up and down, deeming not a threat he relaxed and stood straight.

That was when a name popped into Jack's head. She was one of Jamie's friends, one that seemed to have left town, from what he was told when he visited Jamie all those times. He smiled and realized who it was. "Pippa, long time no see yeah?" he said.

MOMO
PM
^
❂ PIPPA MCBRIDE
 Posted: Aug 16 2017, 01:06 AM

Pippa froze at the figure that appeared before her, her eyes widening dramatically. She found herself faltering for a moment, unsure of what to say especially as it appeared as though she was about to be attacked. The thought of it brought an unpleasant feeling within. After all, the last thing she had ever imagined was being attacked by Jack Frost. It was like something out of a nightmare.

The tension left her when a smile crossed his face. "Uh, yeah, definitely." Like ten years long, but who was counting, right? "What...are you doing here?" she asked, perplexed.

do you ever see? all the castles in the sky

NICO
PM
^
JACK FROST*
 Posted: Oct 2 2017, 02:42 AM

J
ack scratched the back of his neck. Well, that was an expected question. Why are you on the giant ship in the sky. Apparently the same ship Pippa lived on? "I saw the ship in the sky over Burgess and I came to check to see if it was a threat or not." he said and leaned on his staff slightly. "Since when do you live in ships in the sky?" he asked almost in a curious tone.

Who manned a flying ship all by themselves? It seemed odd, unless Pippa was part of a pirate crew, but that honestly seemed unlikely. He figured he could unfreeze their boat to seem less inconspicuous. He whirled his finger and the ice lifted and disappeared. He really needed to not leave trails of ice wherever he walked.

He was concerned actually. Something must've happened to Pippa to end up here, and not down there with the other mortals. It was his job to look after them, so he wanted to make sure she was safe. Maybe this was what she wanted? To explore the world maybe. That was a nice dream, the world was nice and there was so many things to see.

MOMO
PM
^
❂ PIPPA MCBRIDE
 Posted: Oct 3 2017, 03:56 PM

user posted image
i'll try oh lord i'll try
to carry on

In hind sight, Pippa supposed that she should have expected Jack's answer. While the Captain was able to do...whatever he did, Jack was able to fly. As such, even if the ship had been out of sight by the average person it definitely would not have been out of his view. She should...probably tell him later. She had little idea about how the specifics of all of that worked since she was normally sent to do menial jobs like cooking but chances were that it could be fixed.

Probably.

Her gaze swerved to Jack and she found herself offering a nervous laugh at his question. While she's been questioned in the matter more than once, it felt a bit different being questioned about it from someone like Jack. He didn't exactly feel like an adult breathing down her neck after all. "Since a few months ago?"

come sail away

icon made by Nat // JACK FROST

PM
^
JACK FROST*
 Posted: Nov 19 2017, 04:23 AM

J
ack studied her as she spoke. Jamie had said she had just disappeared a few months back. So this is where she's been. "It seems fun." he just said without thinking. It wasn't like the spirit had tact. He didn't know how wrong he was by that statement. Was she well taken care of here? He almost felt like a concerned older brother. He leaned on the nearby stack of barrels. He looked at Pippa and smiled.

"What kind of places have you seen so far?" he asked. The best part of his job was seeing the world and spreading snow, the light on children's faces when they get a snow day makes everything worth while. The air around Pippa was different though, then again most of that had to do with her being older and the fact that he hadn't seen her since she was 12.

MOMO PIPPA MCBRIDE
PM
^
❂ PIPPA MCBRIDE
 Posted: Nov 19 2017, 07:00 AM

user posted image
to carry on

Pippa's shifted into something noticeably strained at Jack's words. While she did not appear to be offended, it was clear that she was attempting to keep the smile on her face. It was difficult. After all, fun was not how she would describe being on the Jolly Roger. Fun was seeing the places they went. "Fun...yeah..."

However, it quickly melted away at the subject of travel. Her expression brightened, becoming almost childish in her excitement. "Loads of places!" she said, struggling to keep her voice down, "We go to Neverland often, but we also fly around the world often. I've seen loads of magical beings, like fae, mermaids, and pixies."

come sail away

PM
^
JACK FROST*
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 08:13 PM

J
ack didn't know what Neverland was. He supposed it was another magical world he never had the chance to visit. Though the childlike happiness in Pippa's eyes reminded him of the little girl he used to know. It brought his own smile to his face. "The world is pretty awesome. Europe is probably my favorite place to be." he leaned on his staff and looked at her.

"What is Neverland like?" he asked. He was curious of this world. It was obvious the captain of this ship was part of it. He did remember that he was once told that this world had pocket dimensions that not just anyone could go to. Not even he could go to them without some sort of magic. "I've never actually heard of it." he admitted.

MOMO
PM
^
❂ PIPPA MCBRIDE
 Posted: Jan 20 2018, 04:25 AM

user posted image
to carry on
Pippa supposed that it should not have been so surprising that Jack had never heard of Neverland. After all, she was not even sure if he actually read books, watched movies, or anything humans typically did. She supposed that there was a rather big chance he did not. The magical beings she had met since she had become part of the Jolly Roger certainly did not seem to have heard of Captain Hook. It had made her somewhat curious if such an ignorance towards humans was common. It wasn't like the Captain was so uncultured after all.

Still, she found herself rather happy to explain nonetheless. It was a change of pace, with her explaining something she enjoyed to someone who she knew actually wanted nothing from her. The same could not be said of most others she had met as of late.

"Neverland is a world that runs purely on belief." Or, that was how she understood it from some of her less pleasant adventures with the pirates. "It is mainly known due to several figures, but primarily Peter Pan and Captain Hook. As for the land itself...it is quite unique? Like, a lot of magical beings live there, such as mermaids and fairies. The land itself runs on belief, so it is kind of...funny? Like, its shape and what one gains, such as in regards to food and what one can do, highly depend on what one imagines. If that makes sense?"

come sail away

PM
^
JACK FROST*
 Posted: Jan 25 2018, 03:51 AM

H
e was still smiling as she jumped into the explanation. Honestly Neverland sounded just like the world here. Every creature that isn't a mortal thrives on belief. If someone stops believing in something or someone, they would slowly cease to exist in a sense. He managed 300 years of not being believed in. It was a miracle that he survived. He turned his attention back to Pippa to give her his full attention.

"I think Jamie had a book called Peter Pan once, I saw him looking at the pictures in it." he pointed out. Maybe that was the same world. He swayed back and forth on his heels in a playful manner. He wondered something. Would he be able to visit such a place? "It sounds like an amazing place to see. Full of wonder." he laughed at his allusion to North. "I wonder of North can get to such a place." he hummed.

He wondered if North could get to just about anywhere he wanted. "I'm happy you get to see places like this, Pippa." he was sincere. He only wanted his believers to be happy, that was his whole job. For them to have fun and for them to have joy.

MOMO
PM
^
❂ PIPPA MCBRIDE
 Posted: Jan 27 2018, 06:42 PM

user posted image
to carry on
The mention of Jamie possessing anything related to fiction or belief was not completely surprising. He had always been more curious- quicker to believe in as well- about such things when they had been children. She wondered if he was still the same after so much time. After all, she knew expectations and adulthood could often change a person. Too often people took growing up to mean that one had to forget what meaning to be a child meant. It was a cruel fact and, unlike others, she had chosen to run away from it instead of stand against it.

The wrong decision, maybe, but it seemed like it was too late to change such a decision. After all, the past could not be changed. She had to live with her decisions and the path that she had created for herself.

"I wouldn't be surprised," she said, feeling like a certain level of nerves was melting away at the introduction of familiar subjects. It brought about a certain lightness that she was only now realizing that she had not completely felt in months. "I guess that is one way to put it," she admitted, lips quirking upwards, "I imagine you might like it." She did not bother to mention that he would like it more than her because he looked younger. She was not entirely sure how well he would take to the mention of a place that was only interested in children, interested to the point that Pan stole them.

Then again, maybe she should mention that. After all, even Hook disliked Pan and the Lost Boys and his morals were...odd, definitely not good but she was not so quick to call him the villain. She had probably spent too much time traveling, she supposed, and the reveal of beings much worse than him made her view him with unbiased vision.

She offered a small smile. "Thanks. You seem to be in the minority of thinking that," she said, half-joking. After all, she had only been encouraged in her travels by one other person and she had not exactly told them the fine details of it all. Everybody else seemed intent on telling her to turn back. "So, what is up with you?"

come sail away

icon made by Nat // NICO

PM
^
JACK FROST*
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 07:37 AM

H
e hummed, if he could remember, Neverland was a place for children. Of course, his job was based around children so it wouldn't be much of a difference. Though he didn't think he'd care much for going to other dimensions. Things tended to get wonky that way, so he steered clear of it. Safer that way. It honestly wasn't in his job description. He was just happy that Pippa liked it. In his eyes despite her age, she was still that kid he knew all those years ago. He could see it in her eyes and hear it in her voice.

Her next question stumped him. "Ah well." he paused. "With Pitch being back, I've been trying to help my best with the other guardians. Other than that, I just do what I do best. Spreading fun and snow." he nodded. He honestly was tired, he wanted this war to be over, but he knew that would never happen. The war on belief was eternal. It was never going to end. Each side would fight for millennia if they had to. It was what he signed up for and he didn't mind it. If he kept the mortals safe and children safe, well basically everyone safe he was alright with it. He tapped his staff and looked around. "So, how did you end up on this ship?" he asked.

MOMO PIPPA MCBRIDE
PM
^
❂ PIPPA MCBRIDE
 Posted: Mar 6 2018, 02:08 AM

user posted image
to carry on
Jack seemed a bit restless, as if staying in one place was difficult. However, Pippa found herself thinking nothing of it. Her memories of the winter spirit were fairly clear and she could recall him having been someone who had never stayed in one place for long. As such, the action did not come off as particularly odd.

Confusion coloured the female's face. "Who is Pitch?" she asked. Jack spoke about him as if he were someone she should know, just as she should know of the Guardians. While she certainly knew of the latter, she could not recall anyone named Pitch. The memory was one of few that had left her, belief in him having left her a decade ago as hope and dreams had triumphed, becoming little more than a shadow in the back of her mind.

Quickly, her expression became a mixture of guilt and embarassment at the query of how she had ended up on the ship. She hesitated for only a moment, but, somewhat confident that Jack would not give a lecture to her, she decided to answer. "Erm...I might have snuck on it after I mistook it for a normal boat. You know, trying to be a stowaway. Annnd then it turned out it wasn't and I got found. Then, the Captain offered that I become a pirate. Seemed lie a better option than getting locked up in a cell." After all, Hook hadn't told her how long she would be locked up for if she refused and she had been quite convinced that he would be perfectly fine with leaving her in one to rot. In fact, she was still convinced he might have done that.

come sail away

icon made by Nat // NICO // that's a funny story, Jack

PM
^
JACK FROST*
 Posted: Apr 5 2018, 04:00 AM

H
e seemed confused for a moment. Perhaps Pippa didn't remember. Did something happen to make her forget? The childish spirit couldn't comprehend this. "Pitch Black, the Boogeyman. He almost made all the belief in the world run out. It's how we met all those years ago." he seemed perplexed. She was just a kid back then, small and probably equally frightened like the rest of them. However the kids were brave.

Oh how he longed to be off this ship. It would seem rude to just leave Pippa like this though. Not to mention he was the one who sneaked on her in the first place. He whistled impressed "Did you now? Yeah usually being a pirate is better than being a prisoner." He regarded Pippa and gave a little smile. "You get to see new places, so it's kind of a bonus too." he spoke and just decided to sit on a barrel. If he was going to be here awhile, might as well get comfortable.

"How long until the crew comes back?" He didn't want to be caught, so it would give him a window to leave. "Not that I'm not enjoying your company or anything like that." he hoped she understood.

@MOMO
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.