Add Reply
New Poll

Canyon Calamity, guest starring gabe the wonder child
☥ REVI RAY
 Posted: Jun 28 2018, 03:17 AM
300 • Phoenix • Life • N/A

Revi's eyes were gently shut, her eyelids twitching gently as her eyes moved around, as though she were reading or studying a map. In fact, it was the latter. The redhead had her hands stuck in the last embers of a campfire, wanting to move from this spot while she still could. It'd be easy enough to light another fire, but she also didn't want to be witch-hunted by hungover college students when she set a tree ablaze with her bare hands. So, she was ditching. The party had been fun and all, but it was time to get moving before anyone woke up.

With her eyes shut and hands buried firmly in the coals, a kind of map appeared before her vision. On it were simple orange dots, varying in size and intensity, signifying fires or smoke clouds she could jump to. As expected, there weren't any options close by. The bonfire party was out in the middle of nowhere. Revi hummed quietly and bit her lip as she widened her search, though she knew it wasn't much good. She was just too far away to be able to get back to the city. She sighed. She could fly, but didn't feel like it. Especially after last night's booze. Don't drink and fly, arrive alive, etc. Barring that, maybe she'd have to wait for some of these kids to wake up and see about hitching a ride back to town. Orrr, she could walk.

Haha, fuck that.

"Ah, there's one," Revi quietly purred to herself, getting ready to make the jump. She took a moment of pause, though, as another dot lit up right next to the first one. Then another. And another? What was going on over there? Now focused more on finding out what this mysterious source of flames was than simply getting back to town, Revi quickly made the jump, getting sucked into the remaining heat of the campfire before being dumped out into a cloud of roiling smoke and dust. She waved a hand in front of her face as her feet touched the ground, trying to clear some of the cloud away so she could see.

She wouldn't get the chance as she was suddenly hit by an explosion, the blast taking her on the right side. "What the fuck??" was the first thing she could think of to yell as she was tossed aside, tumbling along rough, rocky terrain. She could feel half of her jacket fall away as she tumbled, and she pulled the other half off as she stood, letting it drop to the ground. It was ruined, and not even in a stylish way. She wouldn't be rocking that one, anymore. More upsetting than that though, she'd been ambushed. Or that's what she thought. It was an unexpected strike, but it was weak, were they underestimating her? Revi's tattoos lit up, as flames appeared in her left hand, flickering all the way up her arm, licking at the air despite the fire-snuffing presence of so much smoke and dust.

She faced the direction she presumed her attacker to be, then spread her wings, burning holes in the back of her red tank top as she did. With a few strong flaps, Revi raised a hot wind, blowing away the smokescreen, squinting at the boy she'd revealed. Her wings folded and disappeared entirely, and she took a few steps closer, flames still in hand. "You're... just a kid? What the hell do you think you're doing?" Her tone was sharp, but she wasn't really that pissed. The blast hadn't even hurt, and the jacket wasn't a huge deal. She'd been prepared to defend herself from an attacker, but if it was just a kid, she didn't see any reason to go flying off the handle just yet.

@SPLENDIFEROUS
PM
^
✧ GABRIEL
 Posted: Jun 28 2018, 05:46 PM
17 • Ghost • Rejection • Roams

@REVI RAY

Sometimes, it could be tough to find places to practice getting a handle over the whole explosions bullshit that he had since his death. Could be that towns were too close to one another, and the sounds of the blasts would cause police from both cities to swarm the area. Or, could be that there was too much foliage in the way, and it was much too dry to try something like that without risking a damn statewide wildfire. There was also the possibility that there just wasn’t any space to practice in that wasn’t occupied by people, and as he’d like to avoid becoming a murderer on top of being a fucking ghost, those were always no fly zones. Honestly, it’d all made him a bit paranoid when it came to figuring out where and when he could practice, and the lack of practice led to him being paranoid about not having enough control to be safe to be around, which then led him to trying to find places to practice...yeah. It was a mess.
Thankfully, it was a mess that was alleviated for the time being.

Rocky, craggy places like canyons made for some pretty good spots to hunker down in. Only thing he had to be mindful of was the potential to set off some sorta rockslide from the vibrations of the explosions, but otherwise? It was about as perfect as it could be. Sure, some sort of ranger might investigate the explosions, expecting to find some drunk college kids fucking around, but when they showed up, he’d just...either wait until they left, or move onto another area of the canyon to continue practicing. Eh. He’d figure it out when it came to that. If it came to that. He didn’t think this place was a state park, so he might be okay.
But until he knew for sure, he was gonna do what he could to make this practice session count.

The teenager finished stretching his arms and legs, and gave the immediate area around him a quick look. He turned slightly, just enough to better adjust which direction he’d be firing the explosions off, and once he was sure that there was no one else around, he set his feet to brace himself for the impending recoil. He held his right arm out, keeping his left arm at his side for the time being, and drew in a breath as he focused. The first explosion was pretty small, just so he could give himself a little warmup in terms of getting used to how the recoil felt, and how to best keep his balance. Another explosion followed after that one, ‘bout the same size as the first, but a quick succession of smaller explosions followed, testing his ability to remain on his feet after repeated stress. Thus far, he was doing all right, and could already feel himself subconsciously adapting to address the kickback. The more he did this, the easier it was for him to quickly slip into that sorta mindset; exercises that had previously sent him sprawling on his ass after one or two tries were simple warmups, and the hope was that he’d not only be able to handle the bigger explosions, but to learn how to stop himself from setting off explosions when he got angry.

...speaking of bigger explosions.

Gabe exhaled in a short burst of air before drawing in another deep breath as he concentrated on coaxing that weird energy to build up again, layering on more of it than usual in preparation. If he could handle this fucking thing without flying onto his ass, he’d consider it a good day. If not...he’d keep trying until he could. Once he felt enough energy had been gathered, he ignited it into an explosive force. He skidded back a couple of inches, and almost lost his footing, but was able to reposition himself in time to avoid falling. Normally, he would’ve been proud of himself, seeing as how that entire reaction was subconscious on his part. But, the only reason it WAS subconscious was because he’d been distracted.

He frowned as he peered at the smoke billowing before him, and cautiously lowered his arm. The fuck? Had he just heard a person? A hollow emptiness settled in his gut as his brain ran through all sorts of scenarios, each of them much worse than the last. Fuck…fuck. He hoped to God that had just been an...echo or something, of someone much further away reacting to the explosions. But...it’d sounded close, far too close to be anything like that.

How the fuck had he not noticed them?

The teen was snapped out of his panic as a sudden burst of intense heat hit him, but before he could make any sense of it, he was forced to lift his arms to help block out debris as the heated winds sent smoke and dust flying everywhere, but it seemed like the former was being sent from the area? What the fuck. What in the fuck was going on right now--

There was a person after all.

Gabe couldn’t do anything but stare blankly at the woman and the fire she wielded, all while he slowly lowered his arms back to his side. Wait, were those fucking fire wi-- annnd they were gone. Seriously, when had this bitch gotten here?
He bristled at her tone, finally managing to dethrone the shock and confusion with the anger that surged through him. “What the hell am I doing? Where the fuck did you come from?” He snapped his right arm out to indicate the area around them, but he kept his eyes on this goddamn weirdo, just in case she decided that fire would look better on him than it did on her. “I was practicing here, and I don’t remember seeing you before I started.” And how fucking stupid did she have to be to get close to an area with fucking explosions going on? If she’d been hit, it was her own damn fault at that stage...and also didn’t look like it’d done much, anyway. So whatever, he wasn’t about to lose one of the only fucking places that he could practice in just because some rubbernecking bitch had shown up. Next time she saw a bunch of explosions going off, she should mind her own fucking business and fuck off.
PM
^
☥ REVI RAY
 Posted: Jun 29 2018, 11:49 PM

Burn Baby, Burn
phoenix inferno~
The youth had the nerve to raise his voice back at her. Maybe someone else would find that kind of behaviour rude, but Revi was just a little bit impressed. He looked shocked and scared just to see her, but he wasn't just some submissive little shit. Kid had some balls. She arched an eyebrow at him. "Practising what? Making weak-ass explosions? I could shit out a better fireball than that..." The last part was more muttered to herself, but she was aware that the kid probably heard it. Whatever, maybe it'd motivate him to do better.

"I came through the smoke," she answered, biting back the 'dumbass' she wanted to add. Where else would she have come from? He said it himself, that she hadn't been here before he started, leaving him with an obvious answer. But maybe he wasn't particularly bright, so she wouldn't point that out too.

coded by blair of shine & ooc

@SPLENDIFEROUS
PM
^
✧ GABRIEL
 Posted: Jun 30 2018, 06:37 PM

@REVI RAY

His scowl deepend at the shitty retort he got from the lady. Fuck’s sake, who asked her? She was the dumb bitch that had wandered her way into the middle of a fucking explosion, so who was she to talk like she was hot shit?
He didn’t doubt her words, but God did he ever wanna shut her up with something that even she couldn’t top. “Obviously. I’m still getting used to this shit, give me a break.” He sighed, and crossed his arms in front of his chest now that the immediate threat seemed to be over. She could be a bitch at him all she wanted, he’d just dish it right back at her. Wasn’t his fault that he didn’t stop to think, gee, maybe some dumb bitch is gonna materialise out of the smoke I’m generating, so I’d better fucking pause between shit to ensure I don’t hit anyone. No normal person had that fucking thought process.
And if she ever did this again, it’d be her own damn fault. Again. “How in the hell’d you manage that? Wasn’t even aware that was fucking possible.” Fucking great, though. He hoped she was the only dumb bitch that could manage something like that, or he’d have to worry that he’d blow some other idiot sky high if they decided to use the smoke he generated as an instant transit. Fuck, none of this shit made any sense.
PM
^
☥ REVI RAY
 Posted: Jul 9 2018, 08:01 PM

Burn Baby, Burn
phoenix inferno~
Revi didn't like the kid's damn attitude. Talking like he was some hot shit punk or whatever. She would've liked to leave him alone for a bit with one of the guys from her crew. They'd set him straight and beat some respect into him in no time. She rolled her eyes as he made more excuses. 'PrAcTiCiNg,' 'GeTtInG uSeD tO tHiS.' No, give me a break. You can either control yourself or you can't, get over it and stop blaming other people for your problems.

Revi considered just taking off and being done with it. The little shit wasn't worth her time, and her clothes were already wrecked anyway - THANKS, KID - so it's not like a little flight would do any more harm. She also wanted to push him, though. Back him into a corner, bully him a bit, force him to act out of desperation. Then maybe he could produce a worthwhile blast. It might be fun, but it sounded like a lot of effort for potentially minimal payoff. However, the idea was intriguing enough to make this a difficult decision, so Revi decided to answer the brat's question as a way of stalling for time while she thought it over.

"It's called firewalking. Not like the lame human version either, with pantsless dudes walking across some coals. Actual firewalking lets you move through smoke and flames, and no I'm not going to teach you how to do it, so don't even ask." she doubted he could even handle it if she tried to teach him, but concern for his safety wasn't a factor in this decision, it was pure laziness. Teaching a technique like that was a pain in the ass. "I will admit I'm a bit curious about your power, though. What are you?" For all she knew, she was messing with the newest of those Guardian guys, and that was a fight even Revi didn't want to pick. But, for the record, she could kick any of their asses any day, no problem.

coded by blair of shine & ooc

@GABRIEL
PM
^
✧ GABRIEL
 Posted: Jul 11 2018, 03:42 PM

@REVI RAY

Fucking firewalking. What the fuck.

Gabe stared as she offered her explanation, though he couldn’t help but snort at her mention of the supposed, “human version” to what she could do. Yeah, miss him with that shit. People could be so damn weird.
But as stupid as it could be to walk across fucking coals, at least it wasn’t anywhere near what this bitch’s version was. Of fucking course she could move through smoke and flames. How? She hadn’t gotten into the details, but he was kinda glad. The last thing he wanted was a fucking lesson in bullshit magic that shouldn’t exist. He’d just have to be careful, apparently, whenever he went out to practice this shit. Fucking thanks, bitch. As if things weren’t complicated enough as it was.
He rolled his eyes at her final comment on the matter of firewalking, and dropped his arms back to his sides as he shook his head. “I wasn’t gonna, so don’t worry. Pretty sure I’d get third degree burns all over if I tried, and only if I could pull it off.” Which he sincerely doubted he could to begin with. He wasn’t magical, he was just…something. If this was some kinda magical bullshit, it might be unique to her, or whatever the hell kind of magic she practised. Fuck, this was so damn weird.

But whatever, hopefully that would be the end of it, and she’d fucking leave so he could focus on getting a little more practise in before he called it. Fucking hell, how was he supposed to account for jackasses that could appear out of smoke and fire? Wait until the smoke cleared between blasts? Aim at multiple spots? This was so fucking stupid.
...oh, you’ve gotta be joking.
The teenager stiffened as she posed her question, his hands curling into fists as he narrowed his eyes at her. Sure, whatever, it was a given that she’d be asking a question like that, what with the abilities he had. Didn’t mean he had to be happy that it was being asked, or that he had to give her all the details. She sure as fuck didn’t do the same to him, so she couldn’t bitch about it.
Or shouldn’t, rather. She’d probably bitch about it all the same. “I’m human. I don’t know a damn thing about this power, either.” Which was why he was practising. At the very least, he needed to get a handle over it. What came after that, he didn’t know. He’d figure it out as he went along.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.