Add Reply
New Poll

Leafs in the Street, tag: Caerbaer
☥ KATALA
 Posted: Oct 12 2017, 03:37 PM
2 • Sylvari • N/A • N/A

Technically speaking, he wasn't supposed to be here. Ok. No technically. He wasn't supposed to be here. Although, no one had told him no so surely there was nothing wrong with wandering around a human village in the dead of night. That was completely normal and acceptable right?

It was already his second night away from the Grove and he had no intention of returning any time soon. Almost as soon as night fell, he threw a cloak over his shoulders and headed into the town. It was nothing large or all that impressive but it wasn't the Grove and it wasn't Santoff Claussen and that was enough. He was careful of course. He kept away from busy streets and had his hood up the whole time. Whenever he was near humans, he ducked his head so the hood would hide the glow of his face. He earned a few glances as he walked through the streets and someone once commented on his cloak but otherwise, he was undisturbed. No one assumed he was anything other than human.

He was having a blast. It was interesting to see how their day didn't end when the sun set. Which, it didn't end then at the Grove either but there were so many still out and about even as darkness set it. At home, it was only really the Dusk and Night blooms who stayed up late. Dawn and Noon blooms like himself, tended to go to sleep earlier, leaving the Grove even emptier than during the day. Perhaps it was just how many humans that were still out that gave him that impression. Any number seemed like a lot compared to the mere 12 who inhabited the Grove. And any time spent not hiding himself from the humans was spent peering at the town around him. He always admired the humans for their buildings. They couldn't grow their homes from plants and yet they found ways to build higher and bigger anyways. And while he knew this was nothing compared to human cities, he could still admire the three story apartment buildings and double decker store fronts.

As more went to sleep and the streets grew quiet, he found himself venturing into the heart of the city where most of the stores and businesses were. There were still a few cars about so he had to be wary of them but he was enjoying himself far too much to worry about something like that. If he wasn't careful, someone was going to notice that he didn't quite match the city around him.

CARMA
PM
^
☽ CAERWYN SAGITTAR
 Posted: Nov 5 2017, 10:13 PM
831 • Former Human • Love • Ireland

All you need is love~
SPOTTEH || He see you
Night time was either a lot calmer or a lot more chaotic for Caerwyn. Depended on the city, and the time of year. Places like….all those big “night life” cities like New York, Vegas, even places like Paris all got pretty rowdy at night which usually meant a lot more emotions in the air – and thus a busier Caerwyn – but it also usually meant a bit less activity from Night Mares. Not Fearlings though, they weren’t preying on dreams specifically so they didn’t rely on the sleeping to work their darkness. The flipside was a much calmer night filled with dark horses. Ultimately Caer probably preferred the rowdy nights – a sharp 180 from how he used to feel. That was entirely a result of his own control, though; before, he couldn’t so much as rein in his empathy. But he’d gotten better at that. He was able to maintain his focus on individual persons as opposed to entire city blocks if he so chose to. Crazy Friday nights weren’t quite as deadly to him as they used to be; only when they involved people who he held emotional closeness towards were any real threat any more.

Which was of course ironic.

Caer had a pretty good routine going now though; between him and the other figures of love, they could pretty decently cover a lot of ground in a single day and night. They worked on rotation – some days Caer was doing his rounds along the West coast of the United States, sometimes he was in around Central Europe, and if someone was down for the count the group made sure to let each other know. That covered the love side of things, and when it came to hunting down Nightmares and Fearlings, he and his other mother had a system – not nearly as well-communicated, but they checked in every few months. She also had that slight precognitive thing that sort of let her know when things were going awry which was incredibly helpful more than once.

Tonight though it was a pretty good, calm evening for him. There were plenty of people out, sure, but it wasn’t really anything calling for the Guardian of Love’s help – it was more something for the archer to attend to. He’d spied some sort of a…something down below, in amongst the people. Not a Fearling, but also not human. Caer was tracking it from the rooftops, watching; it hadn’t attacked anyone, so maybe it was just some sort of creature that had gotten lost. The humans could see it though, which was alarming – he didn’t have any way to make people un-see magic stuff after all. The best he could do was try to distract the thing and get it away from the people, maybe.

He lowered himself down, leaping from the rooftops to ground level, a fair ways away from the cloaked figure. He waved the creature down, his bow held loosely at his side for now. No need to attack or look threatening if he wasn’t getting any hostile sort of feeling from the guy, right?
© avey
PM
^
☥ KATALA
 Posted: Nov 25 2017, 05:40 AM
2 • Sylvari • N/A • N/A

Katala was wrapped up in the sights and sounds around him, he didn't notice that someone was following him. He barely even noticed when that someone tried to wave him down. If he hadn't been looking at a particularly elaborate neon sign in that general direction, he would have simply kept on walking being none the wiser.

As soon as he did notice the individual though, he immediately ducked his head. Hopefully he had been quick enough that the human hadn't noticed anything off. If he had seen the glow of his face, he would probably just write it off as a result of the lighting. Plenty had before. There was no reason that this one wouldn't as well.

Careful to keep his face hidden, he checked around himself before looking at the human from under the edge of his hood. There was no one else there except for the two of them. He had been hoping that the human was just waving down another of their friends but it seemed that wasn't the case. That made things suspicious. He knew no one that lived in this town. There was no reason for anyone, much less a non-Sylvari, to take an interest in him. He was just one individual wandering the streets of a small town. He shouldn't have been drawing much attention to himself. And based on what he could tell, the other wasn't drunk. This wasn't some hapless vagabond. Katala could almost chalk it up to him being lost or some other excuse except...

Humans didn't typically carry bows. He could see it now, the man was holding one. It wasn't at the ready and he didn't look ready to shot but just him having one was enough to make him wary. He knew enough about humans to know that they did not typically carry around weapons for no good reason. And moreover, when they did carry a weapon, it was a knife or a gun. Not a bow and arrow. Something was off about this one.

Beneath his cloak, he reached for the sword tied to his waist. He wasn't so foolish or naive to leave the Grove without a weapon. And depending on how this individual acted, he may prove Katala right in bringing it. Still, his curiosity got the better of him and he went forward to greet the human.

"Do you need something?" He asked, still careful to keep his face hidden beneath the edge of his hood.

CARMA
PM
^
☽ CAERWYN SAGITTAR
 Posted: Dec 1 2017, 02:16 AM

All you need is love~
SPOTTEH || Trying to not be 100% awkward
Waves of suspicion…but honestly Caerwyn wasn’t that surprised. After all, he was a stranger – and the other was….clearly not human, so he was probably generally wary of other people approaching him. Though, it was more intense than he had anticipated. Was it because of the bow? He could have dismissed it he supposed…but in the moment he hadn’t been thinking. That…well it was a bit late to do anything about it now, but that would’ve been smart…

He watched the stranger move – he was tense, cautious, like a wild animal, but he was at least approaching. Which was either good or bad, because there was the possibility he might attack instead. But….so far there was no active hostility he could detect. So maybe it was alright after all? He just…wanted to call the guy over and figure out what the situation was because a non-human wandering around in the open…visibly….that was risky. Even if he was covered well enough it was pretty easy to slip!

”Need…” he repeated, blinking once, twice. ”Uh, not exactly, more it’s just…you uh…” Caer glanced from side to side; he couldn’t feel anyone else nearby, but still, there was just this habit of looking that had never left him even after he had shed his human life. ”You’re not worried about being seen? Like, by humans?” He kept his voice low, quiet. Even if others weren’t around, that was just something you didn’t blurt out loud. ”Sorry, I don’t mean to be weird. I noticed you while I was walking…”
© avey

PM
^
☥ KATALA
 Posted: Dec 2 2017, 01:51 AM
2 • Sylvari • N/A • N/A

Oh no. He'd been caught. How had he been caught? He hadn't seen anyone around for a while. Including this one. He hadn't seen this human walking the streets at all before he'd waved him down. That made him suspicious of this whole situation. Maybe he could bluff his way out of it.

"I'm afraid I don't-..." Now that he thought about it though, he was right to be suspicious of him. Something was definitely off. He hadn't seen this human walking around before yet he claimed to have seen Katala while on a walk. He was carrying a bow which humans typically didn't do and the way he phrased his question... Katala reached up and yanked his hood down, revealing his glowing orange face.

"How did you know I wasn't human? You aren't one either, are you?" He wasn't near as quiet or as subtle as the person he was speaking with. As far as he was concerned, it didn't much matter. It was late and they were alone. And he still didn't see the trouble in humans finding out about him. And sure this person had asked him questions but he wanted his own answered before going further into this conversation. He hadn't met any spirit outside of Santoff Claussen. How could he know whether or not he could trust this one?

CARMA
PM
^
☽ CAERWYN SAGITTAR
 Posted: Dec 10 2017, 01:19 AM

All you need is love~
Oh dang, he was really like, not getting the hint at all. Instead of moving out of sight somewhere the guy straight up pulled his hood down. Though, Caer could also feel a sense of wariness…which was understandable and all. He took a few steps back, hoping to give the guy a little space. He probably felt a bit boxed in being confronted like that. Space would help.

God, god, and he was being so loud! Or, well not loud exactly, but noisier than Caer for sure. The redhead cringed a little bit, shaking his head rapidly. ”Um-“ He kept his voice down, pressing his lips together. ”Yes…I mean no, you’re correct that I’m not…yeah. So like no I’m not human, but yes you’re right.” …God, English sucked. Language in general sucked when he was like this. ”It’s just, people don’t react super well to magical folk y’know? I mean most can’t see them so there’s that, I guess, or at least some of us. Like they don’t see me because who believes in Cupid anyway? But you, I don’t know what you are exactly….if you’re visible then that might be like, y’know. A problem, in a place like this. Even with the hood. Some people are super observant y’know?”

Okay….good, alright, he got that part across. But he was also being so rude right now. ”Um….by the way…..Caerwyn. My name. I mean technically I’m Cupid but that’s more of a title than anything…my name’s Caerwyn. Sorry, normally I’m good at the introductions thing but I just was sorta shocked to see someone like you out in…y’know, a public place and stuff. Thought I should say something in case you don’t know how all this works.”

Wouldn’t be the first time a fae strayed into some city not understanding why no, it wasn’t okay to just go around throwing magic everywhere. Seriously someone needed to educate the younger ones. Though, he wasn’t sure if this guy was a fae, either…he looked like some sort of a nature type, but maybe not a fae.
© avey

PM
^
☥ KATALA
 Posted: Apr 3 2018, 07:26 PM
2 • Sylvari • N/A • N/A

"No actually, I don't know." He said, crossing his arms. "I have yet to meet someone who has issues with the fact that I'm not human. Other than you." The people of Santoff Claussen had always been kind to him and his kind, after the initial shock that is. He simply didn't understand why any other human would hold issue with it. This one he was talking with now was the only one who had caused any fuss about him. They had warned Katala that some humans wouldn't like the fact that he wasn't human. Maybe this one was one such people?

Katala narrowed his eyes at the man, still a little suspicious. This one talked a lot. Not that that was a bad thing. Katala himself had a tendency to prattle on when he got worked up. This one just seemed to fumble over his words as much as anything.

"Katala." It was only fair that he introduce himself if this human was. "What do you mean 'how this works'?" His question sounded more than a little standoffish. He was aware that he didn't know everything about this world but he wasn't exactly fond of a stranger telling him 'how this works'.

@CARMA
PM
^
☽ CAERWYN SAGITTAR
 Posted: Apr 11 2018, 06:43 PM

All you need is love~
Wait he….huh? He never……

Wow, okay. The guy just….never got out then or something. Caer squinted briefly, trying to figure his words before he entered foot-in-mouth syndrome. He uh….was pretty sure he just made himself out to be the rude kind of person who didn’t appreciate other races. When….he just was trying to warn the dude about….humans. He chewed his lower lip, thinking for a moment, letting the other introduce himself. Katala...and boy if he couldn’t feel the coldness rolling from the guy, he definitely heard it and saw it. Trial number two then….

”Sorry, I’m not trying to be rude. Just...most humans aren’t fond of magic, not adult ones anyway. I mean...if you met humans and they didn’t have an issue with it, then that’s different. I’ve never heard of that though. They’re kind of not big on the idea of actual fairies sneaking into their houses to take their kids’ teeth and all that…or jumping down the chimney and dropping off gifts.” He gave a shrug of his shoulder. ”That’s sort of what I mean by ‘all this’...as in, magical folk blending in or hiding so that humans don’t….panic and all that.” In hindsight, “all this” was really really vague. No wonder the guy was confused.
© avey
PM
^
☥ KATALA
 Posted: Jun 23 2018, 05:51 AM
2 • Sylvari • N/A • N/A

Katala let him say what he wanted. He even listened to him. His expression upon discovering that fairies stole teeth even proved that he was listening. He still didn't understand why it was a problem. He wasn't doing a single thing wrong. He wasn't whipping out magic or breaking into someone's home. He was taking a stroll through town on public property without making a fuss, breaking anything, or anything even remotely unpleasant. As far as he was concerned, the spirit in front of him was causing more trouble than he was.

"They'll have no trouble with me then since I have a concept of personal boundaries. And it's not as though humans don't have magic themselves." Caer's last comment really got under his skin though. He'd heard other's tell him that he would have to hide in order to interact with humans but he always hated the reason. "Why is it that I'm the one that should hide when I am just as entitled to this land as they are. This planet isn't just theirs."

He hated the idea that he should hide especially for their sake. He wanted to interact with humans. He loved what he had seen and what they had to offer. And besides that, the sylvari had come now for a reason. He was sure of it. But how could they do anything if they were forced into hiding? It only allowed existing problems to continue, not solve them. He wanted to be able to interact with humans without hiding and maybe he wasn't there yet but he would be eventually. He wasn't going to let some red-headed stranger try to convince him otherwise.

@CARMA
PM
^
☽ CAERWYN SAGITTAR
 Posted: Jul 3 2018, 06:26 PM

All you need is love~
He wasn’t really getting it, huh…

In the end he wasn’t wrong, that was the hard part. This guy really wasn’t doing anything that was bad, he was just existing and minding his own business. But that wasn’t going to matter to humans. No, it wasn’t their world, but from what Caer could tell, this guy was of a very small minority - which meant that humans, being a much larger population, could easily overpower him if they so desired. And that was why he had to be careful. But getting that across...it wasn’t really working.

”It’s not about doing anything wrong. It’s about how humans respond to things they don’t get.” He pressed his lips together, taking a moment to think. ”When people don’t understand something, they get scared. And a scared human tends to….try to make whatever’s scaring them go away. It’s fine if it’s just the one - they aren’t violent by nature..but the idea of a humanoid….thing, that doesn’t look like them, that sounds like an invasion to them. There’s a good chance they’ll hurt or capture you. And because there’s more of them than there are of you...that’s why it’s a problem.”

Caer looked down, stepping back a bit. ”I guess it would be more accurate to say...it’s not that you have to hide. It’s just safer for you that way. People aren’t ready for the idea of another humanoid species that’s not them. That make sense?”
© avey

PM
^
☥ KATALA
 Posted: Jul 13 2018, 04:28 PM
2 • Sylvari • N/A • N/A

Katala bristled. His orange glow grew brighter with his aggravation. "So what? I should be afraid of them? I should cower in the shadows so I don't offend them? While they carry on completely ignorant of an entire part of their world?" Everything this guy said rubbed him the wrong way. And 'humanoid thing'? Really?

"I can't invade anything because I'm from here and even if I could, I'm just one thing. I'm not a threat. And how would you know anyways? You're not human. Not anymore. How do you know how they'll react when they've never had the opportunity? How do you know they'll ever be ready if no one is willing to give them that opprotunity?"

He'd been told time and time again that humans could be dangerous. Of course they could! So could a cat or dog or rabbit! He was sure some of them even were bad too. But he refused to pass judgement on an entire race for things they hadn't even done yet. And he especially refused to hide away in his own home because of the chance that something bad might happen. It was entirely ridiculous!

"If something happens to me then that's my concern. Not yours."

@CARMA
PM
^
☽ CAERWYN SAGITTAR
 Posted: Jul 18 2018, 05:08 PM

All you need is love~
@KATALA Suddenly, cynicism
Um….

Well….it wasn’t going very well at all. The way he’d put his words across...he must have offended the guy. And...he could understand why...when he thought about it, when Katala spoke up...it did sound pretty shitty. “Oh yeah just go hide as if you don’t exist and let the humans do their own thing” - it wasn’t fair to him was it? There were more of him too, a whole race of them. And because of humans they had to just….hide, or that was what he was trying to suggest. Now that Katala pointed it out….it was still...well he still saw it as logical, that was the way all magical folk seemed to live. But…

It sure wasn’t fair. Really wasn’t.

He winced, but took a deep breath and just...sort of breathed through it, because what Katala was saying did make sense even if it was a bit...a bit naive. Or maybe Caer had just become a bit too cynical. He could feel the frustration in waves, understandable frustration about just...wanting to be free to do whatever he wanted, talk to humans if he wanted.

Caer couldn’t quite relate, but he felt close. Throughout history that was a theme...people having to hide because “someone” said so. It took a little time...and usually some bloodshed...and those people were given the freedom they wanted. But even then there was usually still lingering distrust and suspicion. It’d probably be the same way for this guy.

”Because they do it to each other, all the time.” Caer’s answer was flat, a little more monotonous than he usually liked. ”And that’s just other humans. There’s usually something...they have a different religion, or it’s their skin, or the way they talk...and they’re still dealing with that, even now. I’m not saying don’t try...exactly...I mean, if you’re ready to accept the risks then like you said, that’s for you. All I’m saying is don’t be too surprised if most of them react badly. There will be some that probably won’t...you might scare them, but some humans really don’t mind...but a lot, especially the ones in important and dangerous positions, they’re the ones that won’t take too well to you. Because they react that way to each other. That's all I'm saying.”
© avey
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.