Add Reply
New Poll

Blue World, Cirrus and Megaera~
✧ CIRRUS
 Posted: Feb 20 2018, 06:15 PM
~50, appears 17 • Cloud • Imagination • Sky

Ah, the ocean. Strong wind currents and fresh air really made a cloud feel alive out here. Cirrus zipped along the ocean winds, her attention set not on the churning waters below, but on the mass of cloud that was slowly taking shape before her. Travelling over ocean not only offered some of the fastest winds to ride, but also provided plenty of time to practise her craft. She hummed, wondering how she could take the large cat shape she'd already created, and add enough detail to make it look like a tiger. It was a challenge, even for herself, but one she strove to overcome. She pictured a tiger in her mind, and tried her best to make that image shine through in the clouds.

Over and over she tried, different techniques being invented, discarded, and re-invented as Cirrus tried anything she could think of to produce the effects she wanted. She didn't seem discouraged whenever something failed, simply 'erasing' the shape of a tiger from her clouds and starting again. Another benefit of practising over the ocean, was that nobody could see her mistakes, meaning she could make as many as she wanted. With a limitless spirit of adventure, Cirrus took that bull by the horns and could wrestle with it for days at a time, until she got it right or hit land and had to move on.

Oh, but maybe she'd gone and reused this cloud a few too many times. Too many wisps had been discarded, and she was now left with around half the mass that she'd started with. Even the mother of clouds couldn't fight their nature forever, and she let it go on its way. Brown eyes scanned the horizon, picking out a new area with fresh clouds to gather into a new 'canvas.' Gently, she bent the wind current, just enough to alter her course and bring her into the new field of clouds.

Humming to herself, she started swooping between clouds, her fingers spread wide as she glided through her children, not even touching them but stringing them all along behind her as she passed. They naturally clung together to form one large cloud that travelled in Cirrus' wake, and through her thoughts, still focused on her tiger problem, she didn't notice the impostor until she had already passed it. She slammed on the brakes suddenly, and her trailed mass of cloud simply continued on through her and beyond, but it was forgotten as she spun to face the cloud that didn't answer.

She got closer, hands on her hips as she glared at the cloud in question. Her glare turned into a perceptive stare, closely examining the cloud. "You're not one of mine," she said at last, leaning in to take a few sniffs, before recoiling back and holding her nose. "Definitely not!" she sneezed out small puffs of foreign cloud. "So who made you..?" she wondered aloud, tiger project forgotten in the face of this new mystery.

CARMA
PM
^
✧ MEGAERA
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 09:45 PM
Really old • Fury • Vengeance • Hades

shadows
WHO WILL SAVE YOU NOW?
The electric crackle of frustration shocked across the swirling black cloud, the black cloud which was not one among the sky’s creations at all, but merely wore this veil as a means to remain undetected. Megaera had now long accepted her fate - that as a Fury, she was free to her task, free to punish the damned and let their hearts weep in agony until they had faced judgement. But that freedom had come at a cost; her middle sister, Tisiphone of Rage, had attacked their once-allies, the Nightmare King’s forces, and now they three faced the war as enemies to both sides - after all, the Guardians would not stand to defend those who tormented the souls of the crooked, even if they were only acting upon the laws of their world.

As a thunderous cloud, she ran relatively undetected by both parties. Of course there was always the swarm, but a cloud of locusts tended to draw attention when it was out of its natural environment; as a black cloud she merely drew a sense of ominous worry that she would halt over a city or town and unleash a flood. Fortunately for those onlookers, she did not possess any rains at all - the blackness of her clouds was not formed by the presence of heavy water ready to drown the people below, but simply existed to further the frightful illusion; in the past, this form was used to strike terror only - a black cloud which captured prey inside its whipping windy walls, thunder and lightning crackling and churning around them, the horrible voice of the witch-woman screaming in their ears...now, she used it as a disguise.

Truly it was an insult. But, no longer did she blame Tisiphone. Her actions had been made out of frustration; attacking the Nightmare King’s forces….it was what they all had wished to do - however only Rage had the foolish audacity to do it. Vengeance and grudge were reactive, not proactive; still, her sister could have used a little more thought before acting. Now all three kept their presence veiled through some manner or another.

It seemed, however, that this time, she had been spied.

She had noted many clouds on her way by - though paid them as little mind as she did the humans far below. It was not until the cloud changed course, suddenly transforming into a young girl, that Megaera took cautious intrigue. She did not approach, of course, continuing on her way….at least, until the female creature addressed her directly, sniffing at the billowing blackness.

At once, the cloud stopped.

Then it expanded, the blackness growing to swallow up the girl - though there was no billowing wind within; the cloud, for now, was still. At least until a woman appeared from within the cloud, her figure hazy - an illusion of sorts; she could only project a hazy image of herself from inside the cloud, it was easier simply to shift forms. But this way, she maintained her secrecy to outside observers. Within the cloud, a tall, silver-haired woman with billowing black wings that merged with the cloud stared down upon the strange creature that had intruded upon her.

”I was made by Gaia. And what are you, then?”
CIRRUS Grumpy cloud
PM
^
✧ CIRRUS
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 07:49 PM

dare me to fly high
and i'll go even higher
In hindsight, the black cloud should’ve stood right out to Cirrus, but from above, it simply looked like the shadow of a larger cloud against the ocean backdrop. The strange black cloud stung the nostrils and carried a strange scent, unlike that of any of her clouds. As Cirrus considered it, the black mass was suddenly spreading, engulfing her before she could even do anything. She squeaked, trying to back out of the approaching black, but she wasn’t entirely sure which way she could go, or if she could even get out of this cloud.

A hazy figure appeared, upside-down and above, by Cirrus’ orientation. The cloud girl righted herself on the figure’s orientation as the silver-haired woman came into focus just a little more, her edges retaining a rough cloud-like appearance. Was this woman another cloud like her? Why hadn’t Cirrus met her before? She had questions, but it was her turn to answer.

”Gaia!” Cirrus exclaimed, excitement balling her hands into fists, ”I’ve met her! She’s really pretty~” She thought back to her surreal encounter with the earth mother, and how scared she’d been in her presence. ”I’m a cloud, like you! Kinda? I don’t really know, I’ve never met another cloud like me before! Can you change into a human like I can? How about making clouds? Can you do that? Oooh ooh! Do you talk to clouds too?” Everything about this situation should have had Cirrus scared – the ominous black fog andthe grumpy-sounding immortal – but she was overcome entirely by her own curiosity and excitement, because for the first time in her entire life, she had met someone who seemed to live like she did.

coded by blair of shine & ooc

PM
^
✧ MEGAERA
 Posted: Mar 5 2018, 11:12 PM

shadows
WHO WILL SAVE YOU NOW?
The strange creature was familiar with mother. And by the tone of her voice, she held the mother of this land in great reverence. Admiration, perhaps. If they had met, then this being was no foe; Gaia, though not affiliated in the war, was hardly an entity to betray the Furies; she was aware enough of the situation, and knew to warn the sisters three. If this cloud-creature had not come up in talk, then she was not a danger to the furies. At that, Megaera relaxed, though only slightly. She was, after all, a creature naturally predisposed to coldness.

The cloud child spoke quite loudly, however. It was rather annoying to Megaera, but she was accustomed to flighty types with many words; she bore it with only a slight scowl, waiting until the creature finished her excited spiel, her own hands clasped behind her back as she slowly approached the girl, hair flying in ways that seemed to defy physics entirely - though that was by design.

”You are incorrect to assume me a cloud.” Her voice was not angry, but rather matter of fact, logical. ”This is a disguise worn out of necessity. I am one of the Furies, the Erinyes, Megaera of Vengeance. I do not speak to clouds, nor am I one.” Her shoulders had relaxed, and she was now at a conversational distance away from the girl, the rest of her body still in the frightful form of the cloud. ”Under what context is it you came to meet the mother Earth?”
CIRRUS

PM
^
✧ CIRRUS
 Posted: Mar 14 2018, 07:13 PM

dare me to fly high
and i'll go even higher
Cirrus’ shoulders slumped slightly as Megaera explained herself. Not a cloud, but using them to hide. The act would have upset Cirrus if it relied on binding her clouds to another’s will, but from the scent alone, the cloud mother could tell these weren’t hers. If Megaera made the black clouds herself, then that was fine in Cirrus’ book.

”Well,” Cirrus started, briefly distracted by Megaera’s hair flowing in every direction, ”she came to me, actually. I was just sitting on a mountaintop makin’ clouds and she just… appeared! Poof!” Cirrus made a motion with her hands, trying to emulate the way she imagined Gaia had appeared out of the ground right behind her. ”She startled me so bad I accidentally covered the entire peak with a huge cloud,” Cirrus continued, rubbing the back of her head and giving an embarrassed giggle.

”You were made by her, right? What was that like?” The cloud asked, eager to hear about what it was like to be created. Cirrus had just formed one day, with no obvious creator in sight. Maybe it had been the work of someone like Gaia or Mother Nature, but the cloud simply had no way of knowing. Maybe hearing about how Megaera was made would help Cirrus understand her own origins a bit more.

MEGAERA
PM
^
✧ MEGAERA
 Posted: Mar 17 2018, 05:33 PM

shadows
WHO WILL SAVE YOU NOW?
This creature did not have an unjust bone to her body….if she had bones at all. Corruption was a potent thing, a putrid stench that drove Megaera mad until it had been given due punishment - but the being before her was clear of darkness; that, combined with her apparent familiarity with Gaia...for as strange as the creature was, she was not the enemy. However that did not make her an ally; for the moment, it made her annoying. She was a….sociable thing.

She did not return the child’s laugh - she would call this little one a child until her behaviour indicated anything beyond the mentality of a small human - as she spoke of her irresponsible clouds. If startling her resulted in an entire mountain being covered in a cascade of fog...the child needed to learn greater self control.

She eyed the bright and curious child, curious…...no, probing, that was a better word. Asking such personal questions...questions to which she surely did not want the honest answer. So, Megaera would give her the softened version, leaving mentions of Cronus and his horrors to a far more downplayed nothingness. ”I and my sister Furies were created by Gaia’s bitterness, her rage, her vengeance. What it was like…..” She blinked, giving the cloud-girl a strange look. ”To me it was birth. That is all I know to call it. Birth to me is not the same as you and your kind. I was not….and then, moments later, I was. I simply began to exist. I believe the first that I felt was anger. I was born to punish the wicked, and so wickedness I saw. The world I was born to was bleak.”

She stopped then, realizing she had said too much too fast. She turned the dialogue elsewhere. ”You were not born the normal way, were you. What was your beginning?”
@CIRRUS

PM
^
✧ CIRRUS
 Posted: Apr 9 2018, 06:42 PM

dare me to fly high
and i'll go even higher
Cirrus’ smile faltered, the other woman’s story not at all what she’d expected. To Cirrus, to create was to bring something new into the world, love it, support it, and be proud of it. From the sound of things, that wasn’t Megaera’s experience. Cirrus tried to imagine what her clouds would feel like if the first things they felt were those mentioned by the woman in front of her. It broke her heart just thinking about it. That was an awful way to be brought into the world.

Cirrus’ remembered that her first feelings had been confusion, and a sense of purpose. It hadn’t been a happy birth with a loving parent, but at least she hadn’t been born into a bleak world of hate like Meg apparently had. The cloud’s smile disappeared entirely. ”That sounds awful,” she said quietly, regretting asking the question not because she didn’t like the answer, but because she’d forced Megaera to think of it again. If that had been her own birth, Cirrus wouldn’t want to think of it at all.

Yet, they stilled shared one thing in common. ”It sounds like our births were pretty similar, actually,” she stated, wondering what exactly Meg had meant be ‘you and your kind.’ Did she assume Cirrus to be a human? Or maybe the fury had met more clouds like her before? The idea excited Cirrus, though her presence had been met with enough confusion to make the possibility seem rather small.

”I was not, and then I was,” she echoed, even if it wasn’t entirely right. Cirrus only held a few vague memories of the time when she was just a regular cloud, but they were definitely there, meaning she had existed before she’d formed as she was now. In a way, it was just like Meg’s birth, as the cloud that Cirrus once was no longer existed, replaced by what Cirrus was now.

”Only, I didn’t have a creator. Not an obvious one, at least. I just fell out of the sky one day with a singular purpose.” She’d really come a long way since then, finding her own way in the world, making friends where she could, and generally enjoying her life. As long as she listened to her instincts, acting when she needed to act, she just did whatever she wanted. ”Well, I’m glad that purpose wasn’t to punish the wicked. I don’t think I could handle that,” she said, trying to lighten things up with a little laugh.

”So what brings you out over the ocean?” Cirrus asked, curious about how Meg had said her black cloud was meant as a disguise. What was she hiding from that she would need a disguise way out in this expanse of blue? She also wanted to get away from the topic she’d brought them into, realizing that if she spent too much time pondering it again, she’d just get herself all confused like she had when she’d met Gaia.

@CARMA aaand she's backpedalling. noping out of that conversation lol
PM
^
✧ MEGAERA
 Posted: Apr 21 2018, 04:44 PM

shadows
WHO WILL SAVE YOU NOW?
The cloud seemed to take her response with a saddened air about her. Or that was what it looked like. In the end, Megaera didn’t much care; she herself wasn’t one of strong emotions, the way she was born simply was; rage was her being, as it was her sisters’. If there were smiling and bright children, there must also exist those who were darkened by nature. She saw nothing wrong with it. But to others, perhaps that was something sad. She didn’t bother to reassure the cloud; she wasn’t here for that, after all. If she wished to be sad, that was her choice.

She listened to the cloudling speak. I was not. She had not been, only to, one day, simply be. There was a quirk of her brows at that - the only indication of genuine intrigue. The birth of children rarely fascinated her, but the notion of an entity simply becoming was always intriguing, for it meant purpose; the universe did not simply create life for no reason; a life born of a miracle came with a purpose to it. This cloud lived to serve greatness, even if she could not see it herself.

Though in a sense, the child’s apparent naivite made sense now. She was not created, not by an entity - which was then to say that she had no guidance from a wiser elder. She could certainly understand why the child was not tasked with cruelty; she was a thing of softness, a white cloud of gentle nature, hardly anything that could ever be a punisher. She made to answer - to tell the child that one must carry out such a task, and it was simply her duty - but the cloud had already spoken, once more changing their topic. She did not wish to talk of such harsh things.

The ocean was, to her, a place that was beautiful and allowed time to reflect. That, and it was safer than land; fewer true shadows could reach her here. But the child did not wish to hear sorrowful things. ”It is a good place to hide from those that seek me,” she started simply, her darkened cloud thinning slightly, thinning so that Megaera herself could become more visible. ”And it is beautiful. The water holds much more peaceful life than the land. Here I am not disturbed by human rage. I may think free of their calls for me.” There was, then, a small smile to grace her lips as she looked upon the cloud. ”And you. Is this your home?"
@CIRRUS

PM
^
✧ CIRRUS
 Posted: May 21 2018, 02:32 PM

dare me to fly high
and i'll go even higher
Someone was seeking her? Like hide and go seek? Cirrus enjoyed that game, but she didn't think she would like it if someone hid over the ocean. After all, the oceans were so big and difficult to navigate, she doubted she would ever be able to find anyone out here. Meeting Megaera had all been luck on the cloud's part, but mayyybe it really meant that she was actually the best hide-and-go-seeker ever! Whoever was the seeker in their game, though, clearly wasn't so lucky. "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone your hiding place~" she reassured the other cloud woman. There was nothing worse than your hiding spot being spoiled by someone else!

And she appreciated the beauty of the ocean, too! Cirrus was starting to like this girl more and more. She liked to play hide and seek, she liked the ocean, she lived in a cloud... basically, they were already sisters. Megaera just didn't know it yet. "Everywhere's my home!" Cirrus replied excitedly, "anywhere with sky! I like coming out here to practise, get a break from pollution, and watch the waves roll by!" Few places could top the untouched beauty of the ocean. Every now and then when Cirrus was out here, she would see a big boat go by or something, but that barely counted. Out here, she felt the most freedom.

"And the air!" she started up again, twirling in a circle, "the air is soo clean and fresh!" Cirrus stopped her twirl to take a deep breath, shutting her eyes as her nostrils flared. She stopped halfway, wrinkling her nose as her eyes popped open. It didn't smell like ocean... she peered around at the interior of the black cloud. "It's kinda stuffy in here, though," she said, stepping forward to grab Meg by the wrist, "come on outside! It's much nicer out there, I promise!" Cirrus was smiling again, tugging excitedly at the other cloud woman's arm.

@CARMA oh she doesnt get it

PM
^
✧ MEGAERA
 Posted: May 29 2018, 06:38 PM

shadows
WHO WILL SAVE YOU NOW?
There was a naive innocence about the cloud-child that took Megaera off guard. The cheerful I won’t tell seemed too innocent and playful, but perhaps she hadn’t understood the meaning. Perhaps that was for the better; after all, there was no need to involve the child in something unpleasant. Megaera wasn’t so sure that children could be trusted to keep quiet, and this girl….behaved much like a child. It was better not to tell her the truth - to prevent her from trying to ‘help’.

She was surprised at how friendly the cloud child was, though, even now. Most were intimidated by the near-perpetual scowl on her face. It felt strange, to be treated with such giddiness by one so….jovial. Though, she did not know many jovial sorts herself; Megaera spent time in company with the other Furies, equally intense beings, and with her nephew, Hades, who was...not known for a sunny disposition.

She wasn’t quite sure how to respond to it, but she wasn’t bothered by it, either.

She smiled thinly at the excitement the girl held, speaking so gladly of her home. The whole of the sky...to think so much could be called her home...it was a charming sort of liberty the cloud had. She could understand the wish to stay away from polluted air created by the humans. For a being who was one with nature, that would surely be detrimental to the cloud’s health.

Her lips did quirk at being called…stuffy.

The billowing black of the cloud was just as much her as the woman, and so the stuffy atmosphere was just a product of her own nature. She allowed the little cloud to tug on her arm, wary but only vaguely; there was no attention drawn to them as of yet, and she couldn’t sense any negative presences to be wary of.

Rather than emerge from the cloud, it appeared as though the black smog started to dissipate, folding in upon Megaera until it formed black, billowing wings that themselves looked to be made of smoke. She took a deep breath, allowing the breeze to fill her lungs and to toy with her hair.

It really was quite refreshing.
@CIRRUS
PM
^
✧ CIRRUS
 Posted: Jun 29 2018, 08:44 PM

dare me to fly high
and i'll go even higher
Cirrus didn't notice how the cloud dissipated around the two, her attention solely focused on tugging Megaera toward the edge of the black cloud, and from her perspective, it looked like she'd done just that, and they'd emerged from the side of the cloud. Still holding onto Meg's arm, Cirrus took a deep breath, raising her arms as she did, letting the wind run through her before letting the breath out with a loud contented sigh. She dropped her arms, swinging them idly by her sides and turned her head to look at Meg.

"See? Isn't it n- WOAH! When did you get wings?!" Cirrus could've sworn those hadn't been there before. They looked like they were made of the black cloud they'd been in just moments before, just... smokier. Cirrus reached out to touch them.

@CARMA

PM
^
✧ MEGAERA
 Posted: Jul 4 2018, 12:20 AM

shadows
WHO WILL SAVE YOU NOW?
The cloud-girl hadn’t noticed that Megaera was a part of the cloud herself, despite the vaguely wispy appearance she had. Then again, she had gotten much better at maintaining a physical presence since she began; it made for an effective method of torment - trapping criminals within terrifying black clouds and appearing as a tangible spectre...it was useful in that regard. Rarely was it used conversationally like this.

There was a small smile on her lips at the cloud’s shock toward her wings. Megaera allowed the girl to reach out, and perhaps feel the strange particles pass over her hand, and the chill that came with them. ”I believe you were mistaken when we met, cloud child.” she murmured, that faint smile still present. ”The cloud is as much me as this body. My wings are a part of this cloud.”

Interestingly, she thought it strange that the cloud should be able to fly without wings herself. While in cloud form it made sense, but as she was now, she should not be able to sustain herself.

”And how is it that you fly, without wings, when you look as humans do? Should you not fall?”
@CIRRUS

PM
^
✧ CIRRUS
 Posted: Jul 9 2018, 08:53 PM

dare me to fly high
and i'll go even higher
Unhindered, Cirrus reached out to stroke the fluffy blackness of Meg's wing, marvelling at the chill she felt. Cold was a rare feeling for her, being a high-floating cloud made of ice, and the cold sensation of the black wing was actually pretty nice to the cloud. She kinda wanted to smoosh her face into it, to feel that relaxing cold all over her head, but she refrained, sticking to just a few more hand strokes. She frowned and paused mid-stroke. "I'm not a child," she interjected, her tone not really angry, just correcting. She frowned again, confused by what else Meg said. To Cirrus, it sounded a lot like Meg was indeed a cloud, despite her earlier claim to the contrary. If the cloud was her, then her body was cloud, and her wings were cloud... it just made sense.

Cirrus finally finished enjoying the cold of Megaera's wings, pulling away reluctantly. She could spend all day wrapping herself in cold like that. She bet it would feel like her true home, high in the sky. "Probably because I'm all cloud," Cirrus answered, rolling and twisting and looping idly in the breeze as she enjoyed the fresh air and sunlight, "nothing human about me, except for this shape~" She paused in her loopings to give Meg a demonstration. She stuck her arm out, letting it lose its form. White, wispy cloud sprang free, unfurling outwards where it was taken by the breeze for just a moment, before Cirrus stopped herself from being blown away. "See? All cloud, and clouds don't fall~" She let her arm reform, then resumed her casual aerial acrobatics.

"Well, some of them do. Humans call it fog, but we call it an exciting trip to the surface. It isn't often we get to go and hang out at ground level, yknow~" Well, Cirrus could.

@MEGAERA
PM
^
✧ MEGAERA
 Posted: Jul 15 2018, 02:08 PM

shadows
WHO WILL SAVE YOU NOW?
That the cloud was even allowed to touch her wings was a rare gift; Megaera was hardly one to become close to others, let alone strangers. But, in the case of females, she tended to have an easier time opening up, particularly to those who seemed kind and gentle in spirit. Though, this one appeared to reject the notion of her youthfulness. But, perhaps she was incorrect to call her that; though young in appearance, she could be many hundreds of years old.

”My apologies. You simply resemble and behave as a young one.” she spoke quietly, the faintest of smiles on her lips. Innocence was one of the few things to earn a genuine fondness from the fury.

She was admittedly quite interested in the nature of this creature; she was all cloud as she said….but Megaera had never heard of such a being. Were her kind few in number, perhaps? She watched as the girl’s arm deformed, becoming true wisps of cloud. She could fly simply because she was a cloud. She lacked mass, the way humans did. Megaera filed that away for herself. ”Then there are more of you? Sentient clouds? Do you maintain the weather?” She gestured up, toward the bright sky that was so barren of clouds. Except for this one doing loops about in the air, of course.
@CIRRUS

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.