Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Taking in the Sights
☽ IVAN ZOLNEROWICH
 Posted: Mar 12 2017, 07:07 PM
132 • Toy • Fortitude • Russia

I'm there for you, be there for me i'll hum the song the soldiers sing

The relief that spread across the Tooth Fairy's face was rather irregular. After all, while pain was not too unusual for him, his form being human at the moment, it was not permanent. As soon as dawn came, it would have vanished as if it had not been present. Then again, he was not sure if the fairy knew that he truly was a toy. That was often a fact he had to tell people, most just presuming him to be a magical being of some sort.

He nodded in agreement. Thus far, he had not met a Guardian he had disliked, though he would admit that his meet with the Lieutenant had been tense in nature. However, that had clearly been because the other had held certain...expectations. "It has been going well, I believe," he replied, "Though perhaps a bit...difficult. I am afraid I am not used to traveling so often."

LADY ARCHIVE
PM
^
☽ QUEEN TOOTHIANA
 Posted: Mar 18 2017, 10:18 PM
N/A • 1/2 Sister of Flight, human • Memory • Punjam Hy Loo
Lady Archive 294 posts application plotter wanted tracker other

Even if the circumstances of meeting were sometimes a bit strange- something Toothiana found seemed to be almost common with magical beings- she was genuinely glad to meet other Guardians. Part of the reason the Guardians had been successful in the past was because they all knew and trusted one another. More than that, they were all friends who cared deeply about one another. With the war requiring more and more to join the ranks though, such personal connections were hard to form.

Toothiana nodded, glad to hear things had been going mostly well for the Nutcracker prince. "It does take some getting used to," she replied to his next words. If she recalled correctly, which she usually did, his story placed him somewhere in Russia which was a considerable distance from where they now were. "Though visiting new places does have the advantage of seeing more of what is going on in the mortal world." The Tooth Fairy knew quite well how much work traveling around could be- especially trying to cover great distances every night- but it also let her see the children, the ones they were sworn to protect, and remember just what it was being a Guardian was all about.

"How did you wind up here, anyway?" She asked.

MOMO
PM
^
☽ IVAN ZOLNEROWICH
 Posted: Mar 18 2017, 10:50 PM

Ivan nodded in agreement, though he did find himself hesitant to believe that he might ever get used to constant traveling. The only traveling he had ever done in his life was small scale, for the most part. He could not recall his first owner quite well, but he knew that the family that he had spent most of his existence with had not traveled much within Russia. As a toy, it was rare that he was brought along for things such as vacations. The greatest distance he had traveled before becoming a Guardian had been from Russia to England.

Now, though, it was all quite different. He constantly moved between the Dream World and reality. Moreover, due to the fact that he could not control his ability to change forms, he easily ended up in other countries. It made helping others easy at times, but he knew that it could become dangerous if he did not try his best to make sure he ended up in places where others might not harm him.

It was probably the fact that he tended to spend so much time in the Dream World that bothered him, though. To his knowledge, there did not seem to be anyone else among the Guardians who was capable of doing so. He knew that the Sandman held influence over the world, but he had never heard tale that the Guardian lurked there. It would be...helpful to know that another could move between the worlds, especially since he knew danger lurked there.

"The child picked me up while I was in the United States." He frowned slightly, the expression thoughtful instead of displeased. "And brought me home with her." He tapped his chin. Where had he been last? "I believe I was in Burgess while it happened." He had stayed there a bit too long after all.

LADY ARCHIVE
PM
^
☽ QUEEN TOOTHIANA
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 05:04 AM

Violet eyes widened slightly in surprise as Toothiana listened to Ivan's account. It seemed he had done even more traveling that the Tooth Fairy had initially thought. He apparently had taken quite the roundabout trip to get here in Asia.

"The United States?" She said in surprise. "You've been quite a lot of places already then, haven't you? At least...I always thought you came from Russia originally, going by the story." She explained. Though she knew that time could often muddle some of the details of immortals lives, location was usually one of the easier things to determine the truth of- at least as long as the story wasn't too old or had variations among different cultures.

It did make sense though that most of his traveling occurred because of children taking him with them. Of course children would be drawn to what would seem a toy, but still he had either found himself in the company of a very well traveled child or must have changed hands quite a lot to be so many places. When he mentioned having been in Burgess Tooth couldn't help a small smile at the familiar name.

"The last time I paid a proper visit was a month ago," she said. Not since Sophie Bennet had lost her last baby tooth and the siblings had stayed up knowing she would come. After what happened in Centralia she and her fairies had made a point to stop in to check on all of the children who had been taken whenever they were in one of their neighborhoods for tooth collecting but they were also busy keeping an eye out for any future trouble that might come along and so she had stuck to just looking in while the children slept. "How were things while you were there?" She asked, most likely there would have been no connection to those particular events but it was possible he might have heard some of the community's reactions to news of children going missing only to miraculously re-appear with claims of who knew what...or how much adults believed of it.

MOMO
PM
^
☽ IVAN ZOLNEROWICH
 Posted: Mar 31 2017, 05:27 AM

The Tooth Fairy appeared to be quite surprised by his explanation. Exactly why, he did not understand. However, her explanation quickly brought light the matter, causing an amused smile to come to his face. "I am," he said, "I lived most of my life there. However, last owners briefly traveled to England shortly before I became a Guardian." He could remember it quite well. It was something of a fond memory, despite the circumstances of it all.

"After I became a Guardian and was sold because my owners thought I was cursed, I managed to travel quite a bit, particularly when I attempted to help a young woman find her father." That had been...quite an adventure, especially since the young woman had taken an attachment to his company after he helped her. "I imagine it fits well with why I was created, though."

His interest did peak at the mention of the Tooth Fairy having been to Burgess. He was largely unfamiliar with the small town.

A frown crossed his face at the question directed his way, unsure of how to answer it. "The town, from what I saw of it, was nice," he said, "Though, I held a great deal of trouble trying to help someone who made it clear they wish- and need- for it. I am...not particularly sure I can help, though. I believe magic is involved, but the most I know of magic is of my own abilities and what I have seen of the Sugar Plum Fairy."

LADY ARCHIVE
PM
^
☽ QUEEN TOOTHIANA
 Posted: Apr 15 2017, 04:08 AM

Toothiana listened with interest to Ivan's explanation of his travels. Understandably, spending daytime as a toy would mean quite a lot of unexpected changes in plans and being moved around. It certainly sounded as though those circumstances had brought him on a number of adventures already. She nodded when he mentioned it fitting with his purpose. It did seem that, at least most of the time, Guardians were guided to where their skills would be most needed. Whether led there by an obvious call or by more subtle forces.

"Seems as though you've been keeping busy," she replied. "There really is no end to Guardian work." Toothiana added with smile. If they weren't dealing with Pitch and his followers' latest attacks there was always the work of helping and looking after the children of the world. Though in the case of the latter, the Tooth Fairy had no complaints. It was nice to be out in the world and to see the happiness they could bring to children.

Her expression grew a little more somber as Ivan spoke of his time in Burgess. It did not sound like he had heard much of the effects of Centralia. She had figured it would be a little bit of a stretch to expect that he might have just so happened to be around people effected or speaking of it. But asking was the only way to be sure and it turned out that even if he had not heard of that. And it turned out there had been something else going on in the little suburb.

Tooth thought for a moment about the challenge he described. "Unfortunately magic isn't my specialty either. But it's possible North or Ombric might be able to help. Do you know what it was exactly they needed help doing?" She asked.

MOMO
PM
^
☽ IVAN ZOLNEROWICH
 Posted: Apr 15 2017, 07:14 PM

'Cause the best gift I can give you
is this heart inside of me!

A soft laugh emitted from the Nutcracker Prince. "Indeed," he agreed, "But that is nothing too unusual. If anything, I just have more people to help than I did before." He had more to help than his owners and the dreamers who entered the Land of Sweets. It was not an unpleasant experience. He had been created to help and he found himself wishing that he might be able to help as many people as he possibly could.

Perhaps his only fear was that he might be unable to do so.

The mood suddenly grew a bit somber and he wondered at it. It seemed as though he was missing something, or perhaps it was just that the Tooth Fairy believed him to be. It was not too unusual that this might be the case. To his understanding, he was among the newer recruits. It was inevitable that he would be lacking in knowledge that others would see as common knowledge.

For a moment, he was reminded of his conversation with Lieutenant Reinhardt. A small frown came to his face at the thought and he pondered as to whether he should bring up the matter to the fairy. He did not agree with the other soldier that the Guardians were an army. Their purpose was in their name: guardians. They protected and had never been made to fight. Yet, they were in a war and would need to adapt to some extent.

He pursed his lips. "I...am not sure. Whatever it was, it was quite subtle. However, based off of the actions of the young woman and her step mother, as well as what both told me, I think it may have been a curse."

coded by blair of shine & ooc

LADY ARCHIVE
PM
^
☽ QUEEN TOOTHIANA
 Posted: May 1 2017, 08:31 PM

Toothiana smiled brightly at Ivan's response. While she would prefer if they could put the fighting behind them she doubted she would ever tire of helping and looking after children. And wasn't surprised to see that the Nutcracker Prince felt the same way. After all, Manny chose Guardians based on the fact that he saw them doing just that, which usually meant they wanted to do what they could to help and protect people and especially children.

For a moment it seemed that something had crossed Ivan's mind but he made no mention of whatever it might have been. Instead continuing on to answer her question about the person he had met in Burgess and wanted to help. A thoughtful look touched Toothiana's features as she took in what he said. Something subtle and difficult to identify precisely. A worried frown formed as he finished, offering his guess of what was at work.

"A curse?" She echoed. "I would recommend talking to someone with experience in magic then. Depending on the nature of it meddling without understanding could make it worse." Though no expert in enchantment Toothiana knew curses were nothing to take lightly. Fortunately there were plenty of Guardians who were more adept with casting magic. Ombric and North were the closest to her personally but she knew that the Man in the Moon had chosen others among the newer Guardians. "As I said, Ombric and North have both studied magic. And then I imagine Merlin would know quite a lot as well or perhaps the Fairy Godmother," Toothiana spouted off whatever names she could recall of allies that specialized in spells and such kinds of magical craft.

"I can speak to anyone my fairies or I meet with that might be able to help and send them your way." She offered. "Did you notice anything specific about the nature of the curse? What it was doing to her?"

MOMO
PM
^
☽ IVAN ZOLNEROWICH
 Posted: May 1 2017, 10:52 PM

Ivan nodded in agreement. While he knew little about the actual magic behind curses, the families that he had passed down through had been full of belief. His last owners, in particular, had been quite superstitious. As a result, he had lived hearing a fair amount of stories about magic, though most of them were rooted in Russian lore. The Sugar Plum Fairy had also helped, telling him a fair amount of things as well.

His brow furrowed at the names offered to him. Ombric was a foreign name. If it was a well known one, at least among the Guardians, then he imagined that his status as someone who was relatively new was likely why he had not heard of it as of yet. However, the others were quite familiar, particularly the mention of North and the Fairy Godmother. "I am familiar with the Fairy Godmother and North," he said before frowning, "Though I only know how to contact the latter."

He brightened at her offer and nodded. "That would be incredibly helpful, your Majesty." He paused and considered the question. "I am...not entirely sure. For the most part, she acted similarly as how she did when she came into my realm during her dreams. I only came to notice that something was off when I began to speak to her more often. " He frowned. "A lot of her behavior is contradictory. When I asked her certain questions, she would not answer them. However, when I rephrased them she gave me an answer. She often...speaks in absolutes. For instance, at the time, I wished to help her leave her house as it was not a safe place. However, she constantly told me that it was impossible to do so. I am...not sure if this is an opinion or fact, because she did try asking her stepmother to leave. I believe that if magic is at work, then it is tied to this behavior."

LADY ARCHIVE
PM
^
☽ QUEEN TOOTHIANA
 Posted: May 19 2017, 02:00 AM

That Ivan knew of two of the names she provided seemed promising. It meant at least he would have some idea of who it was that could help him with this dilemma. And it sounded like North at least he had some means of contacting which would make getting his advice a little easier at least.

"Unfortunately I can't offer any guaranteed way of contacting the Fairy Godmother," she admitted. Generally Toothiana simply relied on the fact that between herself or her fairies she could cover considerable ground. So whenever she needed to speak with other Guardians she could simply fly around the general area they called home or had been seen last or ask her fairies to keep an eye out in their travels.

She listened with a thoughtful look as Ivan explained what he had observed. It was not much to go on, really. It all sounded rather vague...but at the same time, quite complicated. She wouldn't answer questions but then would if they were rephrased. She was willing to ask to leave home but was convinced it was impossible. Toothiana nodded in agreement with his final words. Likely the strangeness of her behavior was connected but that did not shed much light on the exact curse itself.

"Maybe the curse is somehow tied to where she lived," Tooth wondered aloud. "You mentioned it wasn't a safe place for her. So perhaps the curse is at work there somehow." She suggested. "But either way, I will be sure to tell anyone who might know more about curses about this."

MOMO
PM
^
☽ IVAN ZOLNEROWICH
 Posted: May 19 2017, 02:38 AM

Ivan nodded in understanding at the Tooth Fairy's words. "It is quite alright," he said, "I have met the Fairy Godmother before and I imagine that I should be able to come into contact. Though, if it should prove to be difficult, there are other ways." While he would prefer to use the snowball that North had given him the few months before he had become a Guardian for something else, Ivan imagined that this would be a noble enough cause to use it for. After all, there was no point in being stingy if it prevented him from actually helping someone.

His brow furrowed at the idea of the curse being tied to her family's house. It was a peculiar notion and he was not entirely sure such a thing was possible. If it was, it sounded rather foolish. After all, could she not just leave? It seemed like a far more intelligent idea to tie it to something else, something that could not be so easily destroyed.

Ah. That was a rather dark train of thought.

He shook his head. "No, it is dangerous due to her family," he said hesitantly. He was not sure if this was something that Ella would like him to tell others. After all, it was private information. Perhaps...only the basics? "She...is convinced that her family is incapable of living without her help, but I have met them. She has been lied to for a long time." A look of sorrow crossed the Prince-Regent's face. While he had been hesitant to tell her in blunt words, Ivan had attempted to try and convinced Ella that she was living with people who were manipulating her. It was something that he had hoped she would see herself. He was sure that she was just beginning to see the truth of this, but he could not be sure if his progress had been undone after his last encounter with her.

He nodded, a relieved look crossing his face. "Thank you," he said, "That is great appreciated."

LADY ARCHIVE
PM
^
☽ QUEEN TOOTHIANA
 Posted: May 27 2017, 02:45 PM

Toothiana nodded at Ivan's response. Though there was certainly room for improved communication among the now numerous Guardians she had seen plenty of cases of things...working out in their own ways. She knew the Man in the Moon had a hand in at least some cases, like North being led to Santoff Claussen by a moonbeam. Others seemed more like sheer luck such as Katherine losing her very last baby tooth and the events that followed. Hopefully the same would happen for Ivan, that he would find whoever could be of most help in this case when the time was right. Of course, Tooth still intended to do her part however she could.

"I see," Tooth replied when Ivan explained a little more, her expression growing somber. So there were perhaps multiple layers to the young woman's troubles. A curse, but also an unhealthy home environment. Such cases were, sadly, nothing new to the Tooth Fairy. And though she considered protecting children suffering because of that to be part of a Guardian's duty...it was not so simple as fighting off Nightmares. "It's good that you have seen the truth and I wish you luck in helping her to see it as well. Getting her out of such a place will likely be a step towards understanding and freeing from this curse."

Though there was still a hint of sorrow in her features, the situation was a concerning one and far from solved just yet, she managed a small smile at Ivan's thanks. "Of course, we're all here to help each other after all. Especially when trying to help those in need of the Guardians."

MOMO
PM
^
☽ IVAN ZOLNEROWICH
 Posted: May 27 2017, 06:30 PM

The subject seemed to have made the atmosphere heavier as he mentioned that the only problem with Ella's situation was not just her curse. He supposed that it was not surprising. He had been horrified himself when he had come to realize the extent of her situation and it was something that seemed to continue to make him determined to help, having come to feel bad for her.

Ivan nodded in agreement. "Of course." He offered a smile. "I apologize for the somber topic. I appear to have upset you."

LADY ARCHIVE
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.