Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

strength of a great typhoon, tag: niulang
✧ LIU ZHI
 Posted: Sep 5 2017, 06:06 AM
ancient • celestial deity • protection • N/A

tag: MOMO
Notes: Hope this is fineeee. I'm horrible at starters. >.<
swift as the coursing river
Winter had always been her favorite season. Why, she didn't know. But she did enjoy the cold, crisp air blowing in her face. Her hair was bound tightly above her head, a chignon wound with braids. The few tendrils that were left framing her petite, heart shaped face would get tossed in the wind as if they were puppies gamboling in a park. The hanbok was a Korean traditional wear, one of many within Zhi's wardrobe. The array of clothes was a gift from her grandmother before they were sent down. There were many places they had to go afterall, and it would fit best if they looked like the locals.

The ivory top was accentuated by a jade green neckline, tied off with a royal blue ribbon by her right side. Resting just above her waist was the vermillion red skirt that went all the way down to cover her feet. But her favorite part of the outfit was the embroidery on the sleeves, where pastel green leaves and floral motifs rested, a gentle touch to the otherwise plain outfit.

The Namsan Public Library had been her favorite place recently, especially on evenings like this when the temperature dropped below zero and everyone sought refuge within the heat of the library. Children would be gathered at the fifth floor's reading room, where the librarian's would arrange for read-out-loud sessions. Zhi had volunteered just a month ago, after spending a few months in Hong Kong where she would spend her days in parks and the seaside playing with the kids.

Stepping in, the girl shrugged off the coat she had on, her cheeks pink from the cold and brisk wind, to hang the coat up on the rack. A brief glance at the wall clock told her she was early, fifteen minutes or so. 'Could go check out some books. See if they have anything on us.' the girl thought with a small amused smile, heading towards the stairs to kill some time before her alotted time on the fifth floor.
PM
^
✧ NIULANG ALTAIR
 Posted: Sep 5 2017, 07:37 AM
Very Old • Celestial Human • Balance • Aquarius Constellation

a
SKY FULL OF STARS

Summer had come to an end and the colder months had slowly begun. As of late, Niulang had begun to get the impression that he was traveling more than usual. He had come under the tutelage of a fellow immortal he had met only a few months ago. While travel was not odd to him, it did seem like they ended up staying in places for shorter amounts of time than he was used to. As a result, he could only find himself thankful that he had managed to convince the other that they should stay in Asia for a bit.

Of course, he doubted that the young immortal had understood his explanation at the time. Exactly how far magic could go was often lost on many, sometimes even the most powerful of individuals. Nonetheless, he was thankful.

They kept their time and, like every year, September passed with no change. His belief that Zhi Liu might be dead haunted the corners of his mind. He knew it was possible, but he had no way to know. After all, there was only so far his gaze could stretch. As such, he kept to routine, hoping that his worries were unfounded.

Yet, like most people he forgot the odd ways that life enjoyed surprising people.

He was to leave. They had kept too long and there was admittedly no reason to stay. He had never been too picky of a person and placed the decision of when to leave in Asheton's hands. Naturally, this left him with some time to spare considering that the younger immortal enjoyed sleeping too much. As much as it was a bad habit in Niulang's eyes, he had little desire to pick on something he knew would cause an argument.

Distractions were relatively nice. Today, he'd decided a trip to a library would be nice. He didn't visit them often, as his upbringing had never quite placed much of an interest in literature within him. Stories had always come to him verbally. Written word did not quite hold the same pleasure. The only true use he saw in it was learning.

Coming to the library was a slight hassle. He had never quite modernized, preferring to keep to more traditional looks. As such, he hardly went ignored as he began searching the shelves, having little idea of exactly what he was looking for. Thankfully, they were not nearly as much or as blatant had he been somewhere like the States.

Frowning in distaste, he decided that he might need to go downstairs. As a result, he began to head down the stairs.

KITSIE
PM
^
✧ LIU ZHI
 Posted: Sep 5 2017, 04:55 PM

Notes: Meeeep
The silence was a peaceful one, at least for Zhi. She enjoyed such peacefulness. It reminded her much of the gardens within the Heavenly Palace where she had grew up. And watching as the children eagerly ran to the bookshelves past her, something swelled within her chest. She had always loved young ones, yet lately - and she wasn't sure why - but kids just seemed to make her feel a mix of morose, grief and attachment. The reason to it, was something Zhi had yet to find out.

Just as the jade pendant around her neck. As far as she could remember, she had worn it around her neck, yet she still had yet to find out why was she so attached to it. Although attached to it she was, it barely left her neck except for when she needed to fix it or clean it. It's cool, smooth stone feeling as she grasped her fingers around it, somehow always managed to provide Zhi with a sense of warmth and security. Often, she would peer at it, attempting to figure out her reason of attachment. But most, if not all the time, her grandmother would summon her to her side, or would pluck it out of her hands and call Zhi Er silly for keeping such menial things. If there was one thing she disallowed the Empress from taking from her however, it was her pendant.

Unconsciously, she slipped her hands under her neckline to touch the cool green stone, reassuring herself that it was still there as she ascended the stairs. Taking her first step, and leaving her left hand on the polished steel surface of the stairwell, she looked down, assuming no one else was oncoming as she took slow steps upwards, still mulling in her mind over the origins of the pendant. Just looking at it brought feels of delight... but why?

With eyes most definitely not on her way, it was by no surprise that Zhi did not notice at all before walking straight into a very firm chest. A small gasp escaped her lips as she lost her center of balance, her hand shooting out to stabilize herself, but catching thin air, failing at her endeavour as she began to tip backwards.
PM
^
✧ NIULANG ALTAIR
 Posted: Sep 5 2017, 09:08 PM

a
SKY FULL OF STARS

Niulang considered what he should actually try to find to read. It was a bit difficult to know. Libraries tended to be different from country to country, and he was not that familiar with literature to begin with. Moreover, it was not like he was going to be checking anything out. If anything managed to catch his attention, he would probably just read some of it within the library before he thought he should leave.

His attention snapped to what was in front of him as someone suddenly ran into him. His eyes widening as the woman who had run into him suddenly toppled backwards. Quickly, his hand snapped outward to catch her outstretched hand and began to pull her upwards to straighten her.

"Are you..." He voice trailed off and, for the briefest moment, he found himself incapable of words. The person before him was not a stranger as he had presumed. In fact, they were horrifically familiar. For a long moment, he merely stared, half convinced he was hallucinating. "...Zhi Liu?" he croaked, confusion crossing his face.

KITSIE
PM
^
✧ LIU ZHI
 Posted: Sep 5 2017, 11:38 PM

The short burst of adrenaline had made her blood pump, possibly turning her cheeks and even pinker shade then it already was from all the cold winds outside the Namsan hill. So when a hand suddenly caught her and yanked her upwards, Zhi hurriedly regained her balance by seeking for the handrail, gripping her fingers around it before she caught her breathe, just as the other spoke.

He seemed nice enough. With long hair and a seemingly surprised face, Zhi could not understand why it suddenly seemed as if he had seen a ghost. Had she shocked him that much by her clumsiness that he had lost his words? When he trailed off from what the girl had assumed to be a question to reassure him of her wellness, the female cocked her head to the left, her eyes studying his angular features.

She knew people often said Asians looked quite alike, with their angular cheekbones, fair complexion and occasionally small eyes.... but really now, had she seen him somewhere before?

His utterance of her name came as a surprise, so caught off guard she did not catch the way his voice croaked. In response, Zhi widened her eyes, her brows furrowing in confusion as she replied. "I.... Yes, I am. Do... I know you? I've only recently came to Seoul." she finished chirpily with a friendly smile she often wore as was usual. Zhi had always been known within the Heavenly Palaces as someone who lived life joyfully.
PM
^
✧ NIULANG ALTAIR
 Posted: Sep 6 2017, 12:33 AM

a
SKY FULL OF STARS

As the words spilled out of Zhi Liu's mouth, Niulang got the distinct feeling of being stabbed. He was quite sure that he was not mistaking someone else for his partner. He had lived too long and seen Zhi Liu too much for a few centuries to create a bit of confusion on her identity. Her looks and voice were the same. In fact, the only thing that was probably different from the last time he had seen her was how she was dressed and the fact that she did not recognize him.

It gave him pause and he found himself unsure of how to answer. Yes, yes you do, he wanted to say. As he saw it, there should be no reason for her to not recognize him. That she might forget him was...disconcerting and he was relatively sure that there was a reason for her lack of memory. After all, she had never shown signs of memory loss and he was sure that he might have recognize that something was wrong before she had disappeared...right?

Still, saying nothing upon the matter seemed to be the best option for now. "Ah," he said, offering a smile, "No, it would seem you don't." For the moment, he left it at that. If she bothered to prod, he would come up with an excuse. Perhaps something a bit more truthful than just mistaking her as someone else. "I apologize for the confusion. I am Niulang." A frown crossed his face. "Are you alright?"

KITSIE
PM
^
✧ LIU ZHI
 Posted: Sep 6 2017, 08:20 AM

Notes: I'll leave how that pendant looks like up to you Momo~ Since its technically Niulang's in the first place. xD
Did she say something wrong? Why did it feel as if the aura around them had changed upon her reply. Zhi was quite certain she had never seen this male before. Really? a niggling voice at the back of her head prodded, giving Zhi the impression that she should remember something, yet in the brief period of time she was given before he spoke, she really couldn't recall anyone of her knowledge, no matter how much she dug through her memories.

Of course, over the course of the years, things had gotten a little odder on her end. Funnily enough, a couple of things had ended up in her posession that she had no idea how they got there. The primary one would be the jade pendant nestled in between her neckbones. But on top of that, she somehow also had baby-items popping out of nowhere when she did spring cleaning within her rooms, which never was there before. They looked really old, yet she could not seem to remember where they came from, or who they belonged to.

The Empress was not someone she should ask, feared as she was, and so Zhi left those questions unanswered.

His smile caught her off guard. A small part of her heart thumped at the upturn of his lips, a warmth fluttering within as if it recognized something Zhi didn't. Shaking her head to dispel his apology, she returned with a smile of her own upon his introduction of his name. Niulang. Niulang. Where... had she heard that before?

Quickly nodding, she carefully took a step sideways to get out of his way. "Quite. I really should be the one apologizing since I wasn't looking at where I was going. I was simply looking at-" she froze when she slipped a hand under her neckline, and came up with bare skin. Immediately, her eyes shot downwards, frantically looking on the ground for the green stone. She may not know its origins, but somehow the idea that it was missing brought a huge panic to her heart, as if she was losing something very, very dear to her heart. "Sorry, excuse me, could you step to one side." she turned to him with large, imploring doe eyes, quite eager to search the area. "I simply must find my pendant."
PM
^
✧ NIULANG ALTAIR
 Posted: Sep 6 2017, 10:54 PM

a
SKY FULL OF STARS

Zhi Liu began to talk and Niulang found himself willing to do little more than listen. While a part of him was distressed and confused by the entire situation, he could not help but find a great amount of relief as well. He had spent years wondering what had happened to her, even beginning to think that she might be dead. Discovering that she was alive and seemingly well was something of a relief being taken off his shoulders.

The only problem was discovering what to do next. She clearly could not recall him and the most that he knew about magic extended to his own powers. That her memories of him were missing meant that either foul play was at work or something more...scientific was going on, something he likely would not be able to understand without help.

He was pretty sure he was in trouble either way.

Niulang blinked at her sudden request and obediently listened. Pendant? he mused, eyes glancing around. He was...somewhat sure that he knew what she was talking about. The two of them had exchanged items millennia ago, each item once belonging to the other. She had given him a hairpin of hers. It was an extravagant thing, reminding him far more of jewelry that might have been found on Aquarius than on Earth. In fact, he had not been entirely sure if it had been crafted on Earth. In return, he had given her a pendant. It had been a fairly simple thing, but such was natural. He had not owned much to begin with and that list had grown smaller after his exile. The pendant he had given her had been one of the few things he had still possessed of home. It had been a simple thing and primarily made of jade.

It was curious to think that she still had it. After all, he had not been entirely sure that she had understood to significance of the pendant. Death had always been something important to Aquarians and, on a lesser level, it had been to him. The pendant had been a bit more than something precious. It had also been akin to a symbol of protection. After all, jade was well known to be affiliated with the White Tiger.

He pursed his lips. "It probably fell behind you," he said after a moment.

KITSIE
PM
^
✧ LIU ZHI
 Posted: Sep 7 2017, 09:09 AM

Notes: Mooopp
Her position as a deity was something that Zhi never told the mortals. It wasn’t something they would understand much less actually believe her. This was, afterall, the reason why the Empress had sent them down to Earth wasn’t it? However, it did make her a little more perceptive to the shift in emotions, and she could sense the distress the other male was feeling. The reason why, she wasn’t sure, yet somehow Zhi was quite uneasy at the fact that stranger was in distress.

Frowning when he suggested it being behind her, Zhi carefully side stepped the Niulang and pivoted on her toes to peer down the few steps, and sure enough the green, polished stone lay on the ground, precariously on the last step. It was a simple thing, and Zhi had seen way more precious jewels, stones and metals up in heaven, yet she couldn’t bring herself to part with it. The circular shape had a hole in the middle, similar to a doughnut. Strung through it was the black braided cord that Zhi used to hang it around her neck. Eagerly, she picked up the hanbok and quickly ran down the steps, her heart only slowing down when her fingers closed itself around the stone.

Picking it up, she breathed slower, putting it around her neck again and grinning up at the male, her fingers caressing the jade. ”Thank you… for the idea, I guess.” her smile was hesitant. ”I… wouldn’t know what I would do if I lost this. It’s very precious to me.”
PM
^
✧ NIULANG ALTAIR
 Posted: Sep 7 2017, 07:29 PM

a
SKY FULL OF STARS

Zhi Liu seemed to listen to his suggestion. As he had guessed, the pendant had fallen behind her instead of forward, a thought that he had guessed due to how she had fallen. A happiness spread throughout him at the joy that seemed to spread across her face. It was probably a ridiculous thing to feel. After all, she could not even remember him. However, he could not help but want to see her happy instead of filled with grief. He knew quite well that she had probably already suffered enough due to what they had gone through.

An awkwardness seemed like it was about to settle. However, he chose to ignore it, as he often did when confronted with such situations. "Is that so?" he asked curious, "Then it is good that you treasure it so much. That which is precious..." He glanced away for a moment. "Tends to lose its importance when one forgets to protect it."

He blinked and offered a small laugh. "But I am rambling." A thoughtful look crossed his face and he tapped his chin. "Or perhaps that is not the right word for it. Talking? Musing?" A look of embarrassed amusement crossed his face. "Ah, I never was good at words."

KITSIE
PM
^
✧ LIU ZHI
 Posted: Sep 8 2017, 01:06 AM

Nestled in between of her collarbones was where the pendant gave Zhi the most comfort. She rarely took it off unless she took a swim in the river or any large body of water, and even then, she only took it off her neck to wind it around her wrist so she can keep an eye on it to ensure it didn't slip off.

Smiling and turning her eyes to Niulang when he spoke, her smile turned tender with his words, a perplexed and mildly frustrated look entering her dark eyes as she slipped the pendant around her head and letting it rest on her neck again. "The funny thing is, I... can't seem to recall where I got it from. My... grandmother always tells me it's just a cheap trinket, but I... I don't believe her." Straightening up again, her smile was flashed in Niulang's direction this time, refocusing her gaze back on him. "I think... No, I know its from someone important. I just... have to know who."

His laughter once again evoked that oddly warm sensation within her, as if she had heard that exact same rumble of laughter whilst surrounded by other, younger sounding voices, a sense of nostalgia that had her brows furrowing again. "Either way works." she responded gently, laughing softly at his embarassed amusement, and finding herself thinking that it looked quite adorable for a distinguished looking man such as Niulang to look so adorably abashed. "Besides, words can take on many meanings. Perhaps..." she looked at the clock on the wall, and grinned. "Perhaps I could show you. I'm due to tell a story to the children in a little under five minutes. I'm actually late."
PM
^
✧ NIULANG ALTAIR
 Posted: Sep 8 2017, 05:02 AM

a
SKY FULL OF STARS

Niulang found himself unable to keep away the frown that worked its way onto his face as Zhi spoke. Grandmother? He distinctly remembered that Zhi Liu's family had been behind the magic that had been able to separate them. He had not particularly understood it and still did not. After all, the only education he had received on Aquarius had been from his parents. On one side, it had been good since he had been able to learn a great amount about his family. On the other hand, his education was also greatly lacking, leading to him knowing more about skills and magic. It had left himself with a learning curve that proved difficult to overcome while raising his children. After all, the two were not from Earth and he had been worried about placing them in a human school system. As a result, he had been forced to learn a great deal to teach them and to live on after they had moved out.

Zhi Liu's presence, though brief, had been helpful at the time.

Still, he was quite sure that her family should theoretically be dead. Admittedly, he did not know about them, but it was relatively clear that she spoke as if she lived with her grandmother and...none of this sounded right. He was clearly missing something big and he was not sure he could ask her. After all, he was a stranger in her eyes and every question on his mind was nothing a stranger should know or ask.

"I doubt that," he said, his eyes going to the ever familiar pendant. An odd feeling welled up in his gut. It was a cheap thing, but that was not his fault, was it? He had never been a wealthy man. "Jade is important. It is associated with the White Tiger and, to a lesser extent, the Black Tortoise." His gaze flickered back up to her. "If someone gave that to you, then they must have cared for you dearly."

A small amount of relaxation wormed its way into his posture. "Then perhaps we best go, lest they be forced to wait."

KITSIE
PM
^
✧ LIU ZHI
 Posted: Sep 8 2017, 03:33 PM

Cocking her head when he spoke, a part of Zhi Er was surprised when he agreed with her in that the jade pendant she wore wasn't just any trinket as the Empress was wont, or eager for Zhi Er to believe. Listening with eager interest in her eyes, her gaze turned tender at his reference. "The White Tiger, huh?" she murmured, echoing his words. Somehow, the idea brought a sense of familiarity to her, as was his words and the way he crafted them. Where had she heard words spoken this way before?

Soft laughter slipped out of her lips, and she nodded in agreement, carefully slipping the pendant beneath the neckline of her hanbok again, before taking the steps upwards. "Come along then, the reading room is on the fifth floor." Without another word, Zhi Er trudged her way upwards the steps, making her way towards the desired destination.

It didn't take long before they got to the carpeted fifth floor, where the sounds of traffic were further muted due to their height. Even before they got there, she could hear the soft voices of the children being herded by the librarian into the designated reading rooms. "Have you been here long, Niulang?" she asked over her shoulder, as she pushed the door to the fifth floor open. The name felt.... somewhat familiar as she rolled it off her tongue, a sensation she found quite surprising.

Zhi Er wasn't left with long to dwell on the oddness of his name being familiar to her however, for she was quickly surrounded by the handful of kids that had seen her almost every week since the past month. She smiled, greeting each by name, and then directing their attention to the male. "Niulang-sshi will join us for the reading today, would you be okay with it?" she asked, smiling further when she received a chorus of agreement. "Take a seat, this won't take long." Zhi Er murmured at him, before turning her attention to the kids and picking up the book they had chosen for her.
PM
^
✧ NIULANG ALTAIR
 Posted: Sep 8 2017, 10:25 PM

a
SKY FULL OF STARS

Niulang offered a sharp nod. "Indeed. He did wonder if this was something that he should point out. However, the celestial beings seemed like something she should still know about if her grandmother was still within her life. Moreover, it was not as if Zhi Liu was a mere mortal. Whether she had ever met a celestial being or not, he could not know. However, he was sure that she had known of them. He was fairly peculiar to entertain the notion that she might not. After all, they had been beings that were present and known in the Golden Age.

He merely nodded and quietly followed after her. While the walk was not a long one, he was relatively sure that it had probably taken just a little bit more than five minutes. As she spoke up again, he blinked. "Yes and no," he admitted, "I travel quite frequently."

Niulang glanced around as the children filed in. He merely hummed in response to Zhi Liu's murmured words and took a seat.

KITSIE
PM
^
✧ LIU ZHI
 Posted: Sep 9 2017, 03:09 AM

His presence in the room perplexed Zhi's emotions, try as she may to settle them down. Picking up the book, her brows furrowed when she recognized the tale. Many of the folklore's she spoke of, she knew of their counterparts living up in the Heavens. Her favorite had always been of her cousin, son of the Jade Emperor Erlang Shen and his dog. It amusd her to no end, that the man was portrayed to be the most terrifying warrior in the heavens, yet in truth he was gentle and compassionate to all, despite being a very capable warrior. She had yet to meet someone else as gentle as her cousin.

But this time, the book they had chosen was one of lovers, particularly of Jingnyeo and Gyeonu.... a legend that her grandmother insisted was a story. Yet where did this story come from? All folklore had its origins... why did she not remember the origins of this story?

"Miss Liu! Do tell us the story." a boy piped up, looking to be about the age of twelve or so. A quick glance over revealed the audience to be all above the age of ten, which would explain their interest in star-crossed romance, hormonal as they are at the precipe of teenagehood. Zhi looked at the book in her hand once more, and covered her mildly confused look with a smile, and launched into the story.

The more she told the story of the star-crossed lovers, the heavier her heart got, that by the time she finished, her mind was a mess, not even noticing the kids filing out as they spoke animatedly, until the silence prodded at her ears to realize that Niulang was still in the room. Glancing over at him, she gave a watery smile, suddenly unsure. "I... hope that didn't bore you. It is the first time the kids had asked for this story." she took a couple of steps towards him, the silence of the library now obvious as the door closed behind the last few kids filing out. "Are you planning to travel again, soon after this?" she asked, in reference to his earlier response to her.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.