Add Reply
New Poll

A Bird in Hand, Tag: Pitch Black
✧ APHRODITE
 Posted: Jun 23 2017, 12:59 AM
N/A • Olympian • Beauty • Rome/Olympus

It was around here somewhere. The forest was quiet and subdued as Aphrodite moved among the trees, searching for the cave she knew was somewhere nearby. She was just having a little bit of trouble remembering exactly where…mostly because the only memory she could recall about the place was the intense rage she’d harbored on her previous visit. Even thinking about it now made her blood boil and filled her with murderous intent. Perhaps, if she was lucky, things would go in such a fashion that she would get to satisfy that urge. Prove her worth, as it were, and add credence to the offer she was here to make.

Finally, the dark crevice she sought loomed up ahead, jagged and ominous in the rock face. It was somewhat more foreboding than she recalled, but that was probably due to the lack of righteous fury empowering her this time. It left just the slightest amount of room for annoying things like doubt and uneasiness to poke at her. Well, they could poke and prod all they wanted; she was following through with what she had planned. It was reckless, and foolish, and likely a waste of time, but that was something she had accepted from the start. It didn’t frighten her and it didn’t make her any less determined.

She wasn’t walking into this blind and she was confident she had gathered all the information she possibly could to make her case and sway the outcome in her ultimate favor. Besides which, the collateral she was bringing into play was substantial; only a fool would refuse her terms. She had nothing to fear and she wore that confidence like a cloak, draped around her and gilded by her godly aura as she stepped into the darkness.

She didn’t venture too deeply just yet, keeping the warmth of the sun on her back. In front of her, there was only blackness, growing inkier the deeper it went. Squaring her shoulders and lifting her chin defiantly, Aphrodite stared down the abyss, sending her aura pulsing ahead of her, rattling the earth around her. “Nightmare King! I’ve come to bargain.”

CARMA
PITCH BLACK

toxic ۝ love

PM
^
♠ PITCH BLACK
 Posted: Jun 25 2017, 03:48 PM
Unknown • Nightmare King • Fear • N/A

With every word you hurt redbird more <3
Butterflies were a rare sight in the labyrinth. Faeries and pretty things, creatures of light and good and pure intentions stayed far away from the world of the Nightmare King. They feared the darkness, they were taught to stay away from it - and for good reason, of course. There was a very real threat that accompanied it. Darkness was hungry, and liked to consume those pretty things. But now...one such creature had fluttered willingly into his dark shadowy world. He could feel little twists of things - of fear and doubt, and allowed that fear to feed his strength. Though more fed was his curiosity; just what was this presence doing here, of its own volition?

Not that he was complaining.

He heard the voice - confident, regal, befitting a queen perhaps. The one who had come to him was the most graceful of butterflies. And who was he to refuse a guest? Through the shadows he crawled, his presence everywhere, seeping through the dark and materializing in full form before the lovely creature. ”A bargain?” he asked, his voice airy, his expression...mildly amused, but still respectable; he knew better than to present himself as a smug bastard - certainly he was one, as the beautiful creature of light had wandered into his home, the spider’s web so to speak, but there was a sort of power to this entity, he was well aware. And besides he had come to learn that...ah, politeness towards his enemies tended to earn him the seat as the better man. At least until a point that viciousness could leave its most wounding of marks.

He stepped closer, drawing to his full height, keeping his distance….to just a very slight discomforting closeness. ”And just what sort of bargain might that be?” He paused, a slight smile gracing his lips. ”I don’t suppose you would care to join me for tea.”
♔ ree @ atf & shine
PM
^
✧ APHRODITE
 Posted: Aug 4 2017, 06:11 AM

She felt the Nightmare King’s presence long before she saw him, but it was more than just her power at play. It was his as well; he had scattered his essence into the darkness, being everywhere and nowhere, all at once. It was…admittedly impressive and was certainly an effective scare tactic…to those who weren’t her. But she…she was well familiar with the tactics of fear and, indeed, intimately versed in the limitations of an ethereal form. Like this, he was all but invulnerable, immune to conventional attack, but also physically weak. Being untouchable meant also to be untouching. Fear, in its raw form, prevented harm.

A single, elegant eyebrow quirked as the goddess felt a disturbance along the strings of her emotions, little surges of the nervous feelings she kept at bay. They were being drawn out, preyed on; in his mantle of shadows, this Nightmare King thought he could feed unnoticed. Feed on her, the wellspring of all feeling on this world? Oh, no, no. Coolly, calmly, Aphrodite shut down her emotions, reeling them back and stilling the vibrations of her strings, sealing them behind a wall of practiced stoicism and godly aura, offering instead a purely political smile to the darkness that held even when the being she sought took form before her.

Did he really think he could fool her? He relied a lot on show, this Pitch Black. Even she could not deny that the man had a certain twisted charm to him, a confidence and charisma that would have been admirable were it not for the depraved creature beneath the façade. A creature hidden, but visible to her eyes, which had always been able to see below the surface, deep into the hearts of others. And his…his was nearly as dark as his name. Dark enough to nearly make her despair, behind her protective walls; but even in his, there were a few faint tendrils of light, emotions and bonds stronger than the toxic ones that had corrupted who he had once been. Not many, but enough that she could work with them.

”I don’t think there is an appropriate level of trust between the two of us to warrant such pleasantries as tea, Your Grace. Perhaps at a later date, should things go well here today.” She held her ground as he moved just a little too near, but was mildly annoyed that she had to tilt her head back to meet his predatory gaze. In an attempt to regain the leverage such an action lost her, she sent her power along those precious few threads of purity he bore, calling on the memories and emotions that forged them. Her smile faded then, replaced with a determined frown and a hard gaze. “Phobos and Deimos. I want them released from your thrall and from your service and I want the promise of safety for all of my children from you and any you employ or call ally or underling.”

CARMA

PITCH BLACK

toxic ۝ love

PM
^
♠ PITCH BLACK
 Posted: Aug 21 2017, 11:46 PM

UGH THIS WAS SO BAD?
No fear…she felt no fear. Impressive, for one who held deep love in her heart; then again, her offspring were the child-gods of fear, were they not? Ah, he did like that one, Phobos. But…right now her lack of fear was making his daunting presence somewhat…well. Underwhelming was one word for it. Boring was another. He’d hoped for more of a response. She really wasn’t a very good audience. Though, he was quite sure he had a way to…rectify that issue.

Moreover, the fish that swum deep into his trap had gone cold. He reached inside her heart, had begun to draw upon fear….only for her to close her heart away entirely. A cold, limp fish, no longer appealing; but that, too, could change. He could boil his fish, restore the warmth to that heart; fry her, flay her. It wouldn’t be hard. He had a…way with fears. Closed though her heart may be…he was as ancient as she. Hide herself away though she did…darkness….sand…it had a way of slipping through the cracks. It only took time, now. He simply needed to find…where she was vulnerable.

Such a cold creature to represent love…

She held herself proud, as a Goddess would. But she had refused his offer of tea. That was a…ah, that was sad. Though her implications were clear. Should things go well…she intended to have tea in the future. That, then, was to say she intended not to leave. She knew, then, what her fate was. As he looked down upon her, he felt the pangs of feeling – of love for two. For His Lady….long gone, and Emily…a love that had become embittered and twisted, for only one small part remained to be Kozmotis, the part that shone fiercely in his eyes. And it was in his eyes that she would see pain, and love, while his lips drew in a sneer.

”What a funny feeling,” he breathed, boring sharply into those eyes with his own. ”Tell me, what do you see? Do you like what you see? Is it your prerogative to reach into the hearts of men, and to make their hearts ache?” He allowed his presence to seep out again, dark tendrils wrapping around the both of them. ”If I filled your lungs with my sand, until you choked on a scraping sea, if I sent that image to your children…I wonder if they would feel fear. I wonder if they would feel how Kozmotis did.” When dealing with a mother….threaten the wellbeing of the children.

He took a deep breath, his shadows dying down once more, the black sand that swirled disappearing. ”I’ll begin by telling you that your Phobos is not under any…thrall. He came to me of his own volition. I think he hates the red one, for…what was it….taking his woman? He’d like nothing more than to hold his corpse and drink his blood. That is no doing of mine.” A truth. Perhaps…not a full truth, as his sand influenced the boy’s fear, but if there was no seed from which to grow, then no such feeling would have been borne. ”Though, I think….there’s something off here, don’t you?” He tapped his fingers idly, humming. ”You…come into my home, you demand things of me…refuse my offer of a drink – very rude, I might add – and…you expect your wants to be catered to? You hold nothing for me to benefit from, my dear. Why should I…listen to you?”
♔ ree @ atf & shine
PM
^
✧ APHRODITE
 Posted: Sep 26 2017, 01:17 AM

The showman receded, disheartened, perhaps, by the lack of a cooperative audience? Aphrodite felt no sorrow for the Nightmare King’s derailed performance; she had neither the time nor interest. Besides, she strongly suspected that if things went the way she planned them, he would have several opportunities to…impress her in the future. She could tell, at a glance, that he was one who savored the hunt, who would not give up until he had succeeded in his goals. What they were for her, she didn’t know, but she had her suspicions; terrible, every one of them, but she did not care. Her worth was little compared to that of her children. The trick would be in convincing him of the opposite.

She held his gaze as she prodded those bright spots of light, unflinching as he stepped closer still, his power rising in threat, her façade carefully maintained to hide the quickening of her heart behind its shield of divinity. What a frightening gaze it was, too; not because of the darkness behind it, but from the sheer intensity of emotions it conveyed. Emotions that were a stark juxtaposition to the creature this man had become. Emotions that, despite her best efforts, created just the slightest waver in her voice as she answered his sneered questions. “As it happens, that is exactly my prerogative. All hearts are tied to me…even yours, no matter how you wish to be rid of it.” Her aura flared, enveloping her in a brilliant glow, pressing at the seams of her form in challenge to his threat. A small sun in a crushing darkness. She was just as strong as he was.

”You’re a powerful man, Your Grace. I can see that, for only a strong man would hold on to that which most pains him. But harming me - provided you could - would prove your undoing.” She believed that wholeheartedly. The love she shared with her family was unbreakable; they fought for her…they fought for each other. Only a fool would make an enemy of them all. And Pitch Black, she knew, was hardly a fool.

Regaining her composure entirely, she pushed past him, sinking to sit elegantly on a boulder that had fallen from the walls at some point in history. “What’s rude, Your Grace, is presuming to insult my intelligence. I am aware of the…tension…between Phobos and Cupid and it is true that it has ever been. But the madness my warlord has displayed of late…we both know that is your handiwork. Remember, I know quite well how fear works and am quite skilled at manipulating feelings myself. Which, of course, leads me to why you should heed my request.” She smoothed her skirts and brushed a stray ringlet away from her face, smirking up at him. “Everything Phobos can do, I can do better. Everything Cupid can do, I can do better. Quite simply, Your Grace, if you ‘cater to my wants’, you will hold every living heart in the palm of your hand.”

If not…she would end this war right now.

CARMA

PITCH BLACK

toxic ۝ love

PM
^
♠ PITCH BLACK
 Posted: Oct 9 2017, 09:27 PM

Pitch is a stinker
Rid of it? Rid of…his heart? Now…what a thought that was! Not his belief, no. He couldn’t imagine it- to be…rid of his heart, a world where Kozmotis’ anguish no longer reached him was a very dull world, for it was his heart that drove the Nightmare King, in the end; it was the heart of Kozmotis that had urged him to open that door to the swarms of Fearlings and Nightmare Men, allowing the birth of the Nightmare King. It had been his love and vengeance that twisted to become the great, divine purpose of the Nightmare King. He hummed, shaking his head. ”You take me for such a cold beast, don’t you? I would no sooner lose my heart – nor wish it lost – than you would wish your sons’ wings to be plucked and featherless wings torn from their backs.” he answered scathingly, his tone airy and light, though he grew tense at the sudden brightness she bore.

He could not allow it to deter him, as uncomfortable as it was. This was his home, and she – while an esteemed guest – would not be allowed to overpower him. He stood his ground and bore it, simply smirking, keeping it all behind his sharp visage. Let her not see it. But then, that was her own response too, was it not? They both felt each other’s powers, but kept that at bay. How marvellous.

As she continued to speak, he remained silent; it was beginning to grow less and less clear exactly what she deigned to gain this way. A Goddess though she was, he held war and fear in his clutches; fear, in particular, had experienced corruption by his hand, the darkness of Nightmare Sand seeping inside his blood. If she made to threaten the Nightmare King, then her darkest son would suffer for it. Surely she knew that. What, then, would she offer?

For now he simply shook his head, closing his eyes at the mention of the fear child’s madness. He let out a soft hum. ”….Mmmm…but, you just answered that for yourself, didn’t you?” he began, his tone cordial once more, if only slightly strained. ”Manipulating, you said. I cannot create a feeling. He has loathed your red son for a long time – that festering hate was not my doing! I simply….let him understand that he is free to do what he wishes with those emotions. He took to that rather well, I think. Freedom is such a fascinating thing. The mind of a God can do so much with it, when its potential is realized. But, to your….request.”

He would admit to it – the notion of holding her power at the palm of his hand was….tempting. To sway the hearts of others to his side….to own the heart was the most powerful of weapons. He took a deep breath, allowing it to ease out slowly once more. ”I must wonder, are your children aware that you are doing this? Sacrificing yourself? I certainly would hate to take your freedom from you, only to gain the hatred of dear Phobos because he did not know that his beloved mother hoped to hand herself over to me. Further to it, dear Phobos is with me by choice. Fear has kin in this place, you know. If he makes the choice to stand with us in this war, would you stand against his right as a man to make that decision for himself?”

He wanted to know all that there was to about this situation before….agreeing to anything. But to hold her….oh, what he could do with power like that~
♔ ree @ atf & shine
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.