Add Reply
New Poll

The Fine Print, tag Asheton
❂ PIPPA MCBRIDE
 Posted: Jun 1 2017, 06:49 AM
23 • Human • Adventure • Burgess

The Jolly Roger had made a stop at the Horn of Africa to pillage a village. To Pippa's understanding, they would be docking in Neverland soon after. She was rather thankful for this turn of events, especially since she had been left behind at the ship for this venture. She was quite sure that it was because the Captain believed that there might be active fighting this time around and she was not suited for the task. As a result, she had been left with a few other crew members to watch the ship.

It was a dull business, especially it was more of her watching the ship. As the time had passed, the two others who were with her had broken out some alcohol and had gotten drunk off their asses before falling asleep. Idiots. She hoped the Captain punished them.

Huffing, Pippa turned her attention to the expanse before her, a small blade tightly clutched in her grasp.      

do you ever see? all the castles in the sky

LLOYDY
PM
^
✧ ASHETON HOLLINS
 Posted: Jun 4 2017, 04:28 AM
331 • Human Immortal • Second Chances • Wherever He Feels Like it

we all fall down into the fire
- - and my wishes have all come true
Three days. It took three days for that blond boy to finally stop following him everywhere he went like some long lost puppy. At first Asheton did not mind the company, but after the millionth question that came his way that started to change rather quickly. He was actually quite pleased when the boy decided to leave, saying that he needed to go find someone. Rather someones. Who they were, he did not bother asking. He was just happy that he would finally able to have peace and quiet that he missed for the last seventy-two hours. Deep down, he knew that this quietness would not last. From what he guess, that boy would one day come back. He just hoped it wasn't any time soon.

As fast as he possibly could, he left the town where the blond ended up leaving his side. There was no where he special he planned to go as of now. All he truly wanted was just somewhere with no one to bother him. After the last three days, having some time alone would be great.

What felt like forever it seemed, he wondered around aimlessly until he found himself at looked to be some kind of port town. Lucky him. It looked somewhat of a peaceful place to relax. Not really counting the town that had been across from him. Later on, he would go scope out to see what the town was like. But none of that really matter to Asheton as of now. All that mattered to him now was hat he found an area not filled with people who could possibly bother him for whatever stupid reason. For now though he moved himself over to some trees that were not too far from him. Once there, he seated himself down onto the ground, leaning his back against one of the trees. He merely watched the ocean in front of him with his arms crossed, enjoying the moment.

8D
PMEmail
^
❂ PIPPA MCBRIDE
 Posted: Jun 4 2017, 09:20 AM

Pippa was bored. Capital B bored. Thing one and Thing two were unconscious and she was pretty sure that they were not going to be waking up anytime soon. While this was fine by her, it also appeared as though the ship was completely safe. She was pretty sure she cold leave, except that this idea sounded just as suicidal as if the ship were attacked. After all, she was currently its only protection. She was pretty sure that two unconscious pirates- or worse, two pirates with hangovers- would be rather useless in a fight.

She was half tempted to take out her journal when she spotted some movement. Oh shit. What did she do? She wasn't trained for this! The most she had been taught was a bit of self defense, not how to defend a ship by herself. She was the last person anyone should choose for a last stand. After all, she was still just learning how things worked aboard the ship. Who the hell told a cabin boy to protect the ship anyway?

Right she should hide or something. However, with one look at her sleeping companions, she decided that that would be a terrible idea. No doubt they would rat her out of she dared to do such a thing. But...still. What did a pirate do in a situation like this?

"You there." she yelled, doing her best to keep her balance on the side of the ship. Trying her best to look intimidating, she pointed her blade forward at the stranger. "Who are-ahhh!"

Her foot slipped and with a yell she fell off the side of the boat. Mulishly, she rose from the water, looking decidedly displeased and pouty.

Totally not epic.      

LLOYDY || pfft
PM
^
✧ ASHETON HOLLINS
 Posted: Jun 5 2017, 03:07 AM

It seemed he had not been alone. Not in the slightest. He somehow missed the fact that there was a pirate ship that was rather closer to him than what he liked. Apparently there were others here. A lot of others by the looks of it, judging by the size of the damn thing. Much to his surprise that he would end up running into pirate ship of all things. It was something that Asheton did not know existed anymore. From what he knew, pirates were a thing of the past. Most of them were wiped out back when he was a pirate and that was lifetimes ago. To think he would run into such things now. From the looks of it, whoever ran the ship and its crew were elsewhere, doing who knows what. Otherwise it was likely they would have picked a fight with him.

The quiet time he wanted did not last for very long. A voice that sounded like it had came from the ship had called out to him. Asheton naturally ignored the voice and merely continued on with focusing his purple gaze back onto the ocean ahead of him. He did not have the patience for this.

Out of nowhere, the sound of a splash came from the direction of the ship. He didn’t so much as glance at what occur. He knew what happened without having to look. Just classy. What pirate was dumb enough to fall of a ship? One thing had been certain. Whoever that pirate was, they were clearly no threat at all. He would have nothing to worry about.

Asheton stayed silent, continuing with watching the ocean completely ignoring the fact that Pippa was even there.

--
PMEmail
^
❂ PIPPA MCBRIDE
 Posted: Jun 5 2017, 05:00 AM

Grumbling, Pippa trudged her way to the shore. She was soaked to the bone and a grimace came to her face as she took in her clothing. The thin material of her shirt was wet and cold, showing what lay underneath. Holding up the blade in her hand, she cast it a disgusted look before casting it aside. She felt quite miserable and the only silver lining was that she had not had the journal on her actual person. After all, she was quite sure that if she had it would be ruined. It was, in the end, just a normal artifact, in protected from magic and the like.

Just as the stranger paid her no mind, Pippa decided that she would pay him no mind. As such, he trudged her way near him before she rolled her shirt up just slightly. She made to squeeze out the water from it, uncaring as to whether any, or even the majority of it, got onto the stranger.

Perhaps she had been slightly lying about the not minding part.      

LLOYDY
PM
^
✧ ASHETON HOLLINS
 Posted: Jun 6 2017, 06:32 AM

Luck had clearly been against him for the past week. All he wanted was peace and quiet for once. For no one to bother him for at least a couple of hours. But no. Life decided to throw a loud, annoying blond at him for three days straight and now a dumb pirate who was skilled enough to fall off a ship. Things could have been worse. Asheton knew that much from past experiences. That ship could have been filled with a whole crew, not, from what he could tell, one unskilled moron. A light sigh left him. Maybe he should got see if that pirate was alright or not. He would rather not be in business of saving people. Well... Now that he thought about it maybe not. That moron was a pirate nonetheless. They should be able to handle a fall like that.

Before the man was able think on what he should do with this situation he found himself in, he found that the other finally managed to come back crawling onto the shoreline. At least he wouldn’t have to save anyone tonight. He was thankful that idiot managed to come out of that smart move without getting somehow hurt. Whatever the case, it was not his problem now. With that thought in mind. Asheton brought his purple gaze back onto what was in front of him. That, however, did not last very long. In the corner of his eye, he saw that the other was approaching him. He quickly readied himself for a fight just in case. He would send a blast of wind at them if they decided to do anything funny.

What happened next, threw him off. By no means was he expecting what Pippa did next in the slightest. What Asheton had in mind was the complete opposite of what happened. The very same moron who fell off the ship made their way over to him to only ring out their soaked clothing all over him. Instantly, he got back up to his feet. He almost sent a wind blast, but stopped himself once he finally got a good look at the other. He… No. It was definitely a she. She was a child. Rather she looked to be one to him. “That’s a first. Shouldn’t you be- I dunno- attacking me?” He commented dryly, glaring down at Pippa.

There was something that honestly bothered him here. The one in front of him clearly did not have the normal pirate vibe coming from her. He felt something entirely different from her. Shaking that thought off, he glanced down at his clothing. He should do something about this. Without thinking, Asheton sent a fair amount of wind through his clothes to dry them off. Seeing as how that was done and over with, he brought his gaze back onto Pippa. “Is there something you want or could I go back to what I was doing?”

--

PMEmail
^
❂ PIPPA MCBRIDE
 Posted: Jun 6 2017, 07:32 AM

Rather quickly, the stranger jumped to his feet. Pippa blinked, pausing for a moment as she gazed at the man with a level of appraisal. After all, most people did not have reflexes that fast. In fact, she was quite sure that a few of the pirates on the hip were lacking in such skills. In a way, she was relatively envious. She was not exactly the most skilled, only having come aboard the Jolly Roger six months ago. A blade was something foreign to her and using it more so.

She paused at his words, frowning slightly. "Why would I do that?" she asked, genuinely curious, "I just have to protect the ship and you aren't exactly attacking. Just sort of...sitting there- like a log. Not really an enemy, the way I see it." Or, she was pretty sure he wasn't. After all, he had not done anything yet. If she was wrong then she was pretty sure she would lose whatever fight might ensue.

Pippa's eyes were instantly drawn to the stranger as he dried his clothes...as if by magic. She gasped loudly, an excited gleam entering her eyes. "How did you do that?" she asked, a bright expression replacing her gloomy one, "Was it magic?" she began to ask rabidly, "What else can you do? What are you? Are you human?"      

LLOYDY
PM
^
✧ ASHETON HOLLINS
 Posted: Jun 7 2017, 06:44 AM

While he was very tempted to take that ship for his own, he would prefer to not fight off a group of pirates all on his lonesome. Asheton knew he could likely take them all on without trouble but he had no reason to. It would be too much of an effort honestly. There was also the fact that he could not sail a ship by himself. So in all, the action would be a dumb, pointless one. He had no reason to bother. Besides, he came here to get some time alone. Not to start going back to his old pirate ways. The only thing that was keeping him from getting that alone time would be the girl right in front of him. A girl that confused him the moment she came over to him.

She had a point there. He had done nothing that would be worth attacking him for. He would have likely been just sitting there; enjoying the view if she hadn’t rang out her clothes all over him. But for being a pirate, she was kind of too trusting. He could have easily kill her right then and there if he so wished to. Of course, Asheton didn’t. He did not have the heart to do such things anymore unless it was to defend himself or someone else. He would not kill for his own gain. Not anymore. “You shouldn’t assume if someone is an enemy or not.” He replied back. “For all you know, I could be planning something.”

It was not the smartest idea for him to show off his powers. He was against doing so with Luke because of his likely reaction to it. He should have known it would be the same with Pippa here. Honestly, he basically traded one for the other. She flooded him with so many questions that Asheton did not want or feel like answering. He was sick of answering questions. He did so for the past three days nonstop.

He groaned, a frown worming its way onto his face. “Stop with all the questions already.” He started out harshly. He had half the mind to simply walk away to find somewhere else to relax at. Yet he doubted that Pippa would leave him alone after his display of magic.

A heavy sigh left him. “First of all, do I look human to you? Second, I dunno how I do it. I just can. It’s an ability I got after I-“ He stopped himself from going further. It would not be a good idea to tell some that he died long ago. That certainly won’t blow over too well. It never did with most people. Though that did bring up a question he found himself asking. “…How can you see me…? Not many people can. What makes you different from them?”

--
PMEmail
^
❂ PIPPA MCBRIDE
 Posted: Jun 7 2017, 05:54 PM

Pippa paused, considering his words. She had not actually considered that. After all, it had seemed a bit more rational for someone interested in taking a boat to be a bit more direct about it. Of course, she could hardly know if her shipmates would agree. The ones that had been left with her seemed to be idiots who thought they might not be attacked at all despite the fact that the Captain was going into territory where he believed that a fight would happen.

"Wait," she said, a thought suddenly coming to mind, "If you were going to trick me, you would not warn me about being tricked. You would just trick me. Warning me makes me suspicious- or more suspicious, I suppose. Warning me is counterproductive." Of course, he did have a slight point, but he was wrong that he could be a threat. He was pretty much continuing to prove that he was not one.

Besides, it was not like she really trusted him. She barely trusted her own parents after all.

The more carefree attitude that had come to the surface disappeared almost just as quickly. Shrinking back at his tone, she scowled. Fine," she snapped, before grumbling to herself, "I was just curious. Grouchy old man."

She rose an eyebrow at his questions. Was he...being serious? "Uh, have you not looked in the mirror recently? You look pretty human, not that that means anything. If you picked up a book, you might know that." Anyone who knew anything knew that magical beings were perfectly capable of looking normal. In fact, the more dangerous ones usually did. For all she knew, he was really a witch who wanted to drown. Though...did witches drown people? She was pretty sure that was more of a fae thing...and like...a million other magical creatures thing. It was not an exclusive thing, to be honest.

Though, wait, he was talking. "After what?" she said blankly, only catching the last bit, "Or wait, I don't want your life tory. Just tell me the important bits." Though, she was not sure he was listening to her as he had suddenly paused in what he has been saying. Suddenly, he started talking. She rose an eyebrow. "Oh! That's easy! I believe in a lot of things and can see a lot of things. I'm pretty ordinary though. Well, aside from the whole pirate thing. Not many people do that anymore."      

LLOYDY
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.