our story started in the depths of the universe, where fairytales were born from starstuff and dark matter -- spirits of light and darkness, humans and monsters, fantastical creatures and godlike entities. after the nightmare king destroyed the galaxial golden age, the haven many of them sought was the planet earth. in a postmodern 2023 world, after centuries of dormancy, the beings of folklore and myth have arisen to take two sides, fighting for stark control over the good and bad in the world while the situation spirals ever more out of hand. mortality and sentience are becoming stagnant, redundant, ever more indistinguishable from belief and imagination; it is up to the immortals to inject their individual concepts back into the world, tap into the hearts of children and adults and each other alike, and finally merge the worlds of mortal and magic into one cohesive whole.
founded upon the dreamworks movie rise of the guardians and the book series guardians of childhood. register your accounts in all caps.
custom forum structure by black @ code. miniprofile by breeze blocks @ shine. rotb was founded and created by daemon. rise of the guardians and guardians of childhood belong to william joyce and dreamworks animation. all other content belongs to its respective creator.

Add Reply
New Poll

Study Party, Open
✧ HAMILCAR D'UTICA
 Posted: Apr 14 2018, 06:40 AM
Gengar
Ancient AGE
37 POSTS
Immortal Human
Greed
The Void

Hamilcar sat at his citadel looking over the tomes before him, there was so much knowledge in the void most it is leaning towards the dark arts. Those who were smart, but wicked or foolish and unlucky had their souls end up in this damnable place. Hamilcar ordered one of his thralls to get him another tome, there had to be something in these books on how to tract a powerful being.

The thrall groaned and gave him the book. Its soul was obviously in torment, but Hammy hardly cared for the well being of such a creature. With a hand motion he ordered it away. Now before him laid an extremely rare and esoteric book. The cover was red with black carvings, the pages yellowed, and when reading the book there was the slightest whisper heard. Hamilcar read the book for a moment before abruptly throwing the book halfway across the room. “IT’S NOT HERE?” He said exasperated in an over dramatic voice. With a flick of the wrist the ancient tome was flung behind him.

“I’m going out, I have to go to that accursed library.” He said to his servants though it was more for his own satisfaction. In an instance, he popped out of the Void and was standing in front of the librarium. For once he needed knowledge for the sake of learning a good scrying spell and not for some sort of grand scheme. It was almost insulting a power clairvoyant such as himself would need to resort to such things as getting a magic user and the appropriate spell. In any other instance he could simple use his natural powers to divine where the artifact was, but powerful relics were not so easy to reveal themselves. He stepped near the library and was genuinely surprised he was allowed in. Hamilcar step through the front door, gazing at the long book shelves.
PM
^
❂ ALICE WAKEFIELD
 Posted: Apr 14 2018, 02:22 PM
Alivi
11 AGE
123 POSTS
Human
Curiosity
Burgess, PA

Today had been a rather long day. But Alice was also pretty satisfied, after her classes she had made her way to her favorite place in the ENTIRE world. The librarium.

She wanted to do more research on potions and Lysbeth and Sasha had both been super awesome in helping her find just the right sort of books to be looking at. So in order to prepare for her upcoming cooler-than-math-class classes with Miss Lysbeth- Alice was studying here instead.

Today, she was reading up on salves. She had heard Miss Lysbeth talking about them before and she supposed they sounded useful but never looked into them. But when Miss Grey- Alice's new English teacher mentioned them as they discussed a short story they read- it had brought the subject back to the forefront of Alice's mind.

After talking with Sasha and getting help from the librarian, Alice was now curled up in one of the reading nooks nestled with a bunch of pillows she pulled from the other spaces- reading and taking notes on herbs and salves copying down any recipes that looked particularly interesting.

But, her reading was interrupted and Alice blinked when she heard the door open and snuck a peek to see a man looking at the library all surprised.

"It's cool- isn't it?" She said with a grin.

@GENGAR
PMAIM
^
✧ HAMILCAR D'UTICA
 Posted: Apr 27 2018, 07:58 PM
Gengar
Ancient AGE
37 POSTS
Immortal Human
Greed
The Void

i swear that they can
smell the blood on me

Hamilcar was thinking deeply reflecting on the vision before him, the grand library with so many books from across the world. it could probably pique the interest of Athena, Thoth, Týr, and any other god presiding over knowledge. It could have had the answers he needed, unable to go to his allies on this matter he needed to handle it himself.. Hamilcar didn't like showing weakness unless it was calculated, but this was such a personal matter.

His violet eyes fell to the girl next to him, and his usual devilish grin appeared on his face. "This is a mighty fine Librarium you have here. Bigger than many of the ones I've seen." He mused aloud, his mind went to the Great Library, the Library of Congress, and the Hall of Inquiry back in the Void. They were such expansive libraries but this place was much more inclusive. He pondered how they were able to gather all this knowledge and the efforts to keep it organized coherently.

Hamilcar squatted down a little so he could be eye level with Alice. "Are you the Librarian here?"He said with a chuckle. "I'm Hamilcar, most people call me Ham because I am a large ham."

BY MITZI

@ALIVI
PM
^
❂ ALICE WAKEFIELD
 Posted: May 20 2018, 12:39 AM
Alivi
11 AGE
123 POSTS
Human
Curiosity
Burgess, PA

The man smiled an Alice felt herself beam. "It's super big! The biggest one I know! AND the coolest!" She said with a giggle.

The man then knelt down to be at her level, which was actually quite nice because he was quite tall. Seeing eye to eye was nicer and not many grownups did that. She shook her head at his question, "Nope! I just come here a lot. The Librarian is Sascha! She can help you with anything you need." She said pointing towards Sascha's desk.

It was a bit aways but still in sight, there a woman was hunched over a catalouge as a sleeping owl was perched on a stand snoozing. The soft lights glowing and illuminating not just the path there but also the depths of the librarium itself. This place was indeed massive.

At his introduction though she snorted back a laugh. A big ham... that was hilarious. While he wasn't a large piece of meat- he was very funny so she supposed it was true.

"I'm Alice Wakefield! I'm a witch in training. You can call me Alice if you want." She said excitedly. It was always nice to meet new friends.

@GENGAR
PMAIM
^
✧ HAMILCAR D'UTICA
 Posted: Jul 14 2018, 04:52 AM
Gengar
Ancient AGE
37 POSTS
Immortal Human
Greed
The Void

i swear that they can
smell the blood on me

Hamilcar was tickled pinked at the little librarian’s assistance, but that could work in his favor though phrasing his search was the hard part. There was no problem with his required material, it was within the bounds of the neutrality rules the library had. There was the fact that his book was extremely esoteric and people might not have even written reliably about.

He gave her a smile. “You certainly can. I am looking for a book on…hmmm gods and their attributes.” He looked at the library, it looked huge, bigger than anything he could have made in the Void. Though there was little chance a structure that housed that much knowledge would get pillaged fast. Smaller libraries were a thing though. “This place is huge, bigger than most libraries I been to. How did you end up here Ms. Alice?” It was curious someone her age was well acquainted with this place and could help out. He wondered if she was a human with gifts, he was one of those after all, back in ancient times.

BY MITZI

@ALIVI
PM
^
❂ ALICE WAKEFIELD
 Posted: Aug 12 2018, 02:07 AM
Alivi
11 AGE
123 POSTS
Human
Curiosity
Burgess, PA

Alice bounced in excitement when the man said she could help him.

She was always excited to meet new friends, especially in the library. The library always let in good people- not evil ones, so anyone she met here was probably ok! Sascha said to be careful but honestly Alice didn't see too much need for that. "Oooooo Gods! There are lots of books about lots of them! I sometimes read the ones about Zeus! He's the God of lightning and the sky from Greece! Sascha knows where alllllll of them are! So we can ask her or I can show you where I read- OR YOU CAN USE THE BOOK!" She was very very very excited when she remembered the special book of the library- the one that showed where anything and everything was.

Then Mr. Ham asked her a question that made her giggle, she was always happy to remember that special night discovering the librarium with Caerwyn and Nini. "So one night I was with Nini and Caer and we were exploring and we found this place! I also got this~" She pulled a chain revealing a pendant that had been under her shirt. The stone was pink and glittered and shimmered in the low light- it was very clearly magic.

"What about you? How did you find this place?" she asked rolling a bit on her toes then back to her heels.

@GENGAR
PMAIM
^
✧ HAMILCAR D'UTICA
 Posted: Aug 13 2018, 03:50 AM
Gengar
Ancient AGE
37 POSTS
Immortal Human
Greed
The Void

i swear that they can
smell the blood on me

“I would love if you showed me where they are and read it together, you are such a good librarian.” Hamilcar gave the little a girl a smile. Oh, she seemed to be so pure and kind-hearted, and also something else? He would see if it revealed itself to him in due time. He was feed off her excitement ready to take a gander at the library. One of the few times he wasn’t looking for something to an evil end, more of a grey neutral end. How to become whole.

Hammy looked at the stone for a second, he could tell it was like some of jewelry, obviously enchanted. Not quite as good as the one from his blacksmith but magic all the same. He wondered if this girl was like him and had access to magic. “I have a large library where I come from, it is large and built like an old castle all the smart people go there for knowledge.” The Void’s dark library was a mystical, but also dangerous place. If you needed to research dark arts, necromancy, curses, etc. then that was place to go. It also had general knowledge like points of interest on the earth. A library much more expansive than the Void’s own was hard to imagine, but here they were. “You should visit some time. But for now, you lead the way.”

BY MITZI

@ALIVI
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES
skinned by lauz @ shine.