Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Bookworms Anonymous, Tag Jacob
❂ JACOB CARTNEY
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 04:55 AM
21 • Human • Insecurity • Burgess, PA

LET ME KNOW IF YOU
FEEL A LITTLE LOST, A LITTLE TOO REAL, AND I'LL COME BACK AGAIN. I'LL BE BACK AGAIN. OH, I GUESS, I GUESS I NEVER REALLY THOUGHT IT THROUGH ENOUGH. AND I GUESS, I GUESS I –
Believing that this was in fact a magical library just like the other had explained is not anything the blond would ever knowledge. No amount of proof or reasoning would change his mind. Magic did not exist and that was final. It was a made up thing for children to think was real and for parents to use it to fool their children into believing in false hopes. It was a stupid idea that he would never accept. That idiot younger brother of his could think that magic was real. But him? Nope. This was a library that he so happened to find by accident while he was running away from a bunch of thugs. There was an explanation for everything. Jacob just did not care enough to find out what that was. He doubted he would even get the real answer if he asked nicely. Which he wasn’t going to.

He should have guessed by the looks of the building that this place was not like other libraries. It was huge and probably held over a million books. Honestly, if Thoth hadn’t been standing there he would have likely nerded out by now. He liked to have no one else but his twin know about that side of him. The idea of not being able to take something home bothered him but he understood why. This place had to be one of those old style libraries he had been in before in the past. Lucky for him, he had nothing planned tonight so he could stay as long as he wanted. All he would need is to shoot his brother a text saying to not make dinner and go exploring.

“I will.” He said flatly. “That’s fine. I have nowhere special to go. I’ll just stay here as long as I want.” Without so much as a glance back at Thoth, Jacob moved himself forward in a random direction. He should probably take note to where he was going. The last thing he wanted was to get himself lost in some unknown place.

For now, his search had been on a simple topic. He needed to get himself stronger. It did not matter how. He figured since this place wasn’t like your average library so chances are there wouldn’t be normal books. He wanted some kind of book that would be to help gain him that strength. There should be a book like that in here. He hoped so. He was running out of ideas on what to do.

notes. And the search begins~!

PMEmail
^
✧ THOTH
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 08:59 AM
Unknown • Egyptian Deity • Equilibrium • Egypt/Duat

Thoth was not entirely looking for a reply nor was he expecting one. Nonetheless, he received one from the rather temperamental human who seemed to think otherwise. Despite the poor display of manners- a fairly common trait within humanity, if he were truly honest, as he had lived long enough to see how dreadfully impolite the species could be- Thoth stayed with the human long enough to listen before departing from his company.

He did not leave the library though. Instead, he took to another part of the library and returned to his previous work. The human seemed fine with indulging in the library on his own and Thoth had never been the sort to prevent an honest search or indulgence for knowledge. It was only those who strayed from the path of Ma'at- the dishonest and wicked- that he truly wished to keep what he knew away from. After all, he had lived so long that his knowledge was great and, in the wrong hands...well, he would prefer it would not get into the wrong hands. It was a good thing that he could be dreadfully creative when it came to magic, particularly curses.

Starting with astronomy once more, he slowly began to look through the shelves, carefully drawing a spell to allow the shelf to expand before he tucking away scroll after scroll. It was only after he had finished with at least two sections that he maneuvered his way to the center of the library. Sitting down, he took out the needed supplies before using his magic to draw forth water, waiting for the spell to slowly bring it to a proper temperature.

What's a god to a non-believer?

Jacob | LLOYDY | sorry if this is a bad post x.x
PM
^
❂ JACOB CARTNEY
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 01:52 AM

LET ME KNOW IF YOU
FEEL A LITTLE LOST, A LITTLE TOO REAL, AND I'LL COME BACK AGAIN. I'LL BE BACK AGAIN. OH, I GUESS, I GUESS I NEVER REALLY THOUGHT IT THROUGH ENOUGH. AND I GUESS, I GUESS I –
Wondering around the library, looking for a hint for the information, is what the blond did for what felt like an hour to him. He did not know how much time he spent walking but he was sure it had to be a long time. And yet during that time, he found nothing that would be able to help with what he wanted. Jacob just wanted to get himself stronger to finally be able to do the same thing he had been failing at more and more lately. He needed to protect his younger brother, and everyone else he cared for. And to do that he needed to get so much stronger than what he currently was. He did not care how or what it cost to get it. He just needed it. He would not be able to face his father the way he was now. He was too weak. Too pathetic.

Sighing, the young man stopped in his tracks and scanned the area. Everything was so big. It made sense it would be annoyingly hard to find something that helped with getting what he needed. A part of him wanted to give up looking here and head back home. There were bound to be other ways to get himself stronger faster than wondering around a big library like the one he currently found himself in. There was always that Thoth guy. He could ask him… though that would mean having to admit certain things that he wished to not tell anyone, including his own brother.

Now what? Give up the search and go home or keep looking until he found some hint even if it meant having to spend the night here. The answer to that question is one he had yet to find.

notes. He need help but he won’t admit it

PMEmail
^
✧ THOTH
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 09:10 PM

It did not take Thoth particularly long to do his work. Updating the House of Books was a long process and he currently had only stepped his toes into the process. As a result, most of his time was spent merely searching for where things went and putting them in there place. Once this was done, he gathered his divine writings and went to put them away, carefully placing enchantments upon them in case someone attempted to steal them.

Once he was done, he considered what to do. He still had spellwork that he had been putting off; however, the library also had a guess. Taking both into consideration he eventually began looking for Jacob. Looking after the blonde for a moment, he eventually spoke up. "You appear to be looking for something quite specific," he noted. Though the mortal likely had trouble realizing it, the library was carefully organized, writings filed away by subject. Of course, chances were that he was having trouble finding anything due to how expansive the library itself was. The deity had been alive since the beginning of time, after all, and collecting knowledge was far from a new activity.

Jacob | @LLOYDY | ...
PM
^
❂ JACOB CARTNEY
 Posted: May 5 2018, 04:24 AM

LET ME KNOW IF YOU
Spending the night here would not necessarily be a bad thing. It isn’t like if he went home tonight that he would get much sleep to begin with. Lately, his nightmares were getting worse nearly to the point where it made staying awake a better choice. He would rather spend his time doing something productive than laying in his bed not able to get much rest if any at all. Burying himself in trying to find a way to get stronger is a better way to spend the night. All he needed to do was come up with a believable lie as to where he was and why he did not plan on coming back home. The first excuse that popped inside his mind was that he was going to a friend’s house. He had no friends besides Anna so that was a no go. He could just not say anything at all. He never really did before.

Those thoughts quickly came to a close once he heard a voice ring out from behind him. His heart skipped a few beats and he spun himself around to face Thoth. He bit back the unkind words that he wanted to yell out. Instead the blond merely glared at the other. “I’m fine. I can find it by myself.” He replied back, stubbornly. Of course, he did need help but no way in hell he was going to admit that he did. As much as possible he wanted to keep what he was planning a secret from everyone. He needed to get stronger no matter what the costs were. He was sick and tired of seeing all the people he cared about getting hurt because he was too weak to stop it. He cared little what method it was. If he got the results he wanted, then he would do anything.

notes. So sorry about how stubborn he can be

PMEmail
^
✧ THOTH
 Posted: May 7 2018, 01:24 AM

If there was one thing that Thoth was known for it was his patience. He had dealt with people far more stubborn and irritating than the mortal before him. A mere glare was not going to shake him. Instead, he rose an eyebrow, his gaze drifting to the books that the blonde was looking over.

"Oh really?" he said airily, crossing his arms. A hint of sarcasm could be heard in his voice. "You seem to be doing a good job thus far." A distinctly unimpressed look was on his face. There was no doubt in his mind that he could find any book that the blonde was searching for much faster. After all, Thoth had written every book within the library and knew where each one was.

Jacob | @LLOYDY | ...
PM
^
❂ JACOB CARTNEY
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 02:22 AM

LET ME KNOW IF YOU
Jacob understood that he needed help with finding the right books to help him gain the knowledge to get himself stronger than what he currently was. He was in a huge library that he had no idea where to even start looking. It would be better to ask the much taller man for help. It would be a smarter thing to do rather than waste hours upon hours wondering around. The thing was the chances of admitting that he needed help is not something the blond wanted to say. He hated the idea of relying on others. Especially people he just met. He was also against telling Thoth what he was planning to begin with. The story behind what he was doing was a long one that he wanted to keep to himself. He didn’t want to hear what he was doing was stupid either because he knew that. He just didn’t care.

He stayed salient, his blue eyes continuing with their glaring. It would save him a lot of time to just ask for the help he needed. If he accepted the help now, the more time he would get to study away. He should ignore his pride and ask. That is what he should do yet Jacob was very a hard time doing so. This was for his younger brother. The one he sworn to protect no matter what. Thinking like that should be drive to push those words he hated to say. “Fine… I need help looking for something.” He mumbled very lightly. Hardly anything very audible. “I need a way to get stronger so I can actually protect my younger brother. Happy now?” What the price was to get that strength he needed, he would willingly pay whatever it was. He didn’t care what happened to him as long as he got the results he wanted.

notes. At least he admitted it.

PMEmail
^
✧ THOTH
 Posted: Jun 14 2018, 06:15 PM

If the child thought he was going to get anywhere by glaring at him, he was dreadfully wrong. One of the few positive that the god of knowledge had become known for over time was seemingly infinite patience, right to the point that Ra had made a point of asking for his help quite often to deal with his daughter when she ran away as the task required a fair amount of patience and humility. It was fairly questionable as to how much humility he possessed- he knew a few deities would argue that he lacked in it greatly and they were at least partially correct- but patience often got him far.

More importantly, the child had little idea as to who he was dealing with and Thoth doubted he would ever believe the truth. The deity was among the eldest, if not the eldest, within his own pantheon and he had dealt with far worse than a stubborn mortal. His own daughter was undoubtedly far more intimidating than the mortal could ever hope to be and he said that more as her father than a deity.

It was only natural that the blonde's pride would ebb away enough that he would get a reply. He managed to keep the grimace off his face. He had never seen too much of a problem in pride, but it was undoubtedly a problem when one allowed it to keep them from being rational. "I might advise you to quell your pride. I am merely trying to help, not seek out a shallow form of satisfaction." Sadly, this was not the worst amount of pride he had seen. His brother-in-law could undoubtedly put this mortal to shame, though...at least the deity knew how to admit defeat and keep promises. "What sort of strength? There are many sorts- physical to far more abstract ideals." He didn't bother to mention magic. Thoth somewhat doubted the mortal was actively looking for something along those lines.

Jacob | @LLOYDY | ...
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.