Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Things That Fade, Snow~
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: Apr 29 2018, 05:22 PM
491 • Archangel/Former Human • Purity • Nomad

If this is as close as I get to heaven Then I won't worry No I won't worry And you know I'm being honest When you go, there's only silence So I won't worry No I won't worry If I fly too close to the sun Please don't shoot me down If I fly too close to the sun If I fly too close to the sun Please don't shoot me down Please don't shoot me down Please don't shoot me down Please don't shoot me down Please don't shoot me down The closer I get I feel your static It's all around me It's all around me, na na And you know I'm being honest When you go, there's only silence So I won't worry
Caerwyn was not wrong to think that Snow did not want to talk about Guardian related topics. After all, it was true. As far as she was concerned, the redhead tended to speak about it too much, rarely drifting his attention away from his work. Whether this was a true assessment or not she could not know, but it was hard not to think it when the past few years had only been involved with interactions with him that had happened due to their duties. Rarely had he encountered her as a brother, if ever.

In the back of her mind she recognized that it might be a hypocritical train of thought. After all, she tended to keep to her work as a workaholic might. She knew she didn't sleep well despite actually requiring it, tending to go without it until her body forced her to sleep. Moreover, she considered her life to revolve a great deal around what she did as a Guardian. However, she liked to think herself a touch different. What Snow did as a Guardian was not very different from what she had done in the century prior to taking the oath. The general idea of what she did was perhaps not that different from what she had done as a angel. She had, for the majority of her life, been a force of the balance. It was why she had never quite felt like it mattered that she was a Guardian. The Guardians were simply something to belong to after she had lost almost everything due to her own actions. Moreover, she knew, to some degree, how to stop, occasionally doing so for her few friends and the odd believer.

She was not entirely sure Caerwyn was capable of that.

She considered the question. It technically was not easy to answer. The last time she had seen Caerwyn had been at Centralia, but the last time she had spoken to him had been far greater than that. Moreover, she doubted that he would approve of some of the things she was doing now. She had always been a bit more...neutral minded, more willing to follow her own rules than the ones other's possessed. It was probably why she was so chaotic in nature. "Training," she decided upon, since that was the most recent thing she had done that was both Guardian and personal in nature. Moreover, it drifted from the topic of Phobos which seemed to have started to consume her life. "With a few other Guardians- the Moon Rabbit and the Stork." She wasn't sure if Caerwyn would recognize actual names and, truth be told, Douglas' moniker was probably better spread than the name he handed out to friends and believers. She was not sure if the same could be said of Virginia, but then she had only recently met the woman. Personally, she felt like the story was normally better known than the real person. After all, people barely remembered Margaretha nowadays and what was remembered only contained a grain of the truth. In contrast, Snow White was heavily remembered even if it was only children who tended to think that she was real.

She was faintly sure she had mentioned the Sandman and even if she had not she found herself in no mood to speak about him. The subject was far too linked to Phobos. "I also ran into Ares recently." She was unable to keep the joy out of her voice. Ares had purposely been avoiding her and she had not been unaware of that fact. As bad as her mind had been at the time, she had not been disappointed to come across him. After all, he was like a father to her.

heartache

@CARMA
PM
^
☽ CAERWYN SAGITTAR
 Posted: May 8 2018, 12:20 AM
831 • Former Human • Love • Ireland

Look at the stars, look how they shine for you

This was the best chance he had to probe, to learn. Snow had been doing more than just her work and more than just the suffering, he knew that. But he had no idea what her life was like. This was the best chance he had to learn any of it, to absorb it and to understand where she was in the world from a mental perspective. That and….she’d probably rather talk about happier things herself anyway. They’d both said so much...emotionally exhausted themselves. Just talking about stupid garbage would feel good.

Training with the Moon Rabbit and the Stork….Caer had met the Stork, she seemed so proper and a little quiet. Actually he was a little surprised to hear she was doing any training. She wanted to fight? The Moon Rabbit was an interesting one though, he didn’t know that there was anyone else still living on the Moon Clipper. It could have been the guy that had fought for…...was it Avalon? Caer scrunched his nose, momentarily trying to think back to what fight he’d seen--

Right. No more Guardian things.

He was another friend of Snow’s, that was enough for now.

He was glad to hear about her and Ares too, though. Ares was someone who Caer personally was wary of, but he knew that to her….Ares had been so much more. It was sort of like what he felt about Aphrodite and Paigen. He smiled, tilting his head, a warmth coming to his expression. ”How was he doing? What did you two do? Together I mean. Was it just a chat?”
@MOMO
BY MITZI
PM
^
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: May 8 2018, 01:14 AM
491 • Archangel/Former Human • Purity • Nomad

If this is as close as I get to heaven Then I won't worry No I won't worry And you know I'm being honest When you go, there's only silence So I won't worry No I won't worry If I fly too close to the sun Please don't shoot me down If I fly too close to the sun If I fly too close to the sun Please don't shoot me down Please don't shoot me down Please don't shoot me down Please don't shoot me down Please don't shoot me down The closer I get I feel your static It's all around me It's all around me, na na And you know I'm being honest When you go, there's only silence So I won't worry
To some extent, Snow was glad that Caerwyn had not asked about Douglas. While the two had been friends for a long time, there was only so much that could explain in regards to the other. Exactly what the rabbit did on the moon was something she understood in very simplistic terms. Work, as far as she was concerned, was not something that tended to come up between Douglas and her unless they wanted it to. While she was not sure if he shared the opinion, she viewed them as friends first and Guardians second, something which suite her quite well since her status as a Guardian was not something that immediately came to her mind all the time. If anything, it was an afterthought and she found it easier to treat Douglas like a friend. After all, the behaviour was little different from what was expected of an ally.

She shrugged. "He's been avoiding me," she admitted. She had become heavily aware of this fact for a year and it had admittedly not affected her very well. After all, she viewed Ares quite similar to Charles. The deity was rough around the edges, but he was akin to a father and a war would not change that no matter how much he tried to make it. "We mostly just spoke. He seemed fine, though I don't think he's seen Phobos in awhile." She had considered telling him her suspicions, but it had seemed like a bad idea. She still had not spoken to the Sandman and she needed her suspicions confirmed. No doubt if she told Ares he would have confronted Pitch Black, something which might not have been good since he was rather well known for his temper- Ares that is. "Or any of his family for that matter."

She pursed her lips. "Father told me you have a lover." The words weren't disapproving. If there had been any part of her that might have judged, it had long ago disappeared. Rather, she looked a bit irritated. After all, the last person she had wanted to hear that from had been Charles. "One you apparently haven't told me about."

heartache

@CARMA
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.