Add Reply
New Poll

Sharp Around the Edges, tag Wolfmann
♠ VINCENS CASSEL
 Posted: Mar 18 2018, 03:42 PM
1551 • Malevolent Elf • Death • France

sorrow found me when i was young
It had not taken Vincens long to realize that he had fallen into a rhythm. Being among those who had helped at Centralia had allowed for less trust, something which was peculiar in itself since he was not fool enough to think that he had been given much to begin with. After all, many of his interactions beforehand had been filled with strife and annoyances, his arguable youth leading to him clashing with several others. That he was lower on the metaphorical totem pole was annoying, but he supposed that it was good enough that he was alive.

Alive, but alone. It was the rhythm of things. He knew this situation quite well. In the past, he had been ignored when others found fault with him. Unfortunately, his family had often had found fault with him, something which he had later come to find hypocritical since he had and was sane enough to realize that most of the Cassel clan had been mentally unstable. That they should find fault with him was the pot calling the kettle black. as a result, he found that he primarily had himself to rely upon. That was not too different and he was sure that he could handle it. Others might not think it, but he knew that he was far more intelligent than others gave him credit for.

Like any other, he knew that both chaos and the unknown were good tools for stirring up belief. However, he was fairly patient and, in his own opinion, far more so than most of his allies. Much like the disease he spread, he was capable of allowing just a drop to fall into the barrel, knowing his magic would work out on its own if he carried out things right. There was no need for grand displays that cut down mortals in large numbers. Working like that was how humans gained hope and accomplished things on their own.

On one of his last trips within the United States, he kept to New York City for the moment. Spreading disease within the city was easy, particularly when it was foreign and harder for humans to be rid of. After all, the city was large and populated enough that it spread like wildfire.

Quietly, the fae sipped a drink outside of a mortal establishment in the worse part of town, unsuspecting of trouble for the moment.

PM
^
☥ WOLFMANN
 Posted: Mar 22 2018, 10:14 PM
Late thirties • Werewolf • Family • Unknown/Leipzig

@MOMO Hi it's friendly soft dad :D
What a very peculiar smell. The smell of sickness….that was definitely true…..the city was rife with illness, but that was nothing new or strange. What was odd, though, was the mingling of another smell. Something different, that did not belong to a human. It had an elf-like scent, but the fair folk weren’t known for mingling with humans in places like this, as far as he knew. But then he didn’t know very much about their kind beyond what stories said...and he knew well enough that stories weren’t always the most correct source of information where magic was concerned.

He had been passing through the state originally, he hadn’t planned on lingering. It was very large for a city and rather troublesome, there were many things in large cities that could stress someone such as himself out and stress was definitely something he wanted to avoid….that feeling of being trapped, claustrophobia...those sorts of things made the wolf inside become angry. And anger was to be avoided at all costs. Especially in such a large city….he had no idea what sort of a body count he would reach...here in a place like this. Horrible…

He did feel very badly though….he had come across a fair few youngsters who were very sick. A number of them were homeless children from the look of it, with nowhere to go. It was a terribly sad thing to think of, probably, the idea that children were left like this….and if they became ill, they probably….definitely...couldn’t afford medicine. The younger ones, he imagined, would probably only get worse. There wasn’t much that he could do, but to the children that he saw….the dirty ones, the ones that smelled of sickness, he gave what bits of money he could. He didn’t make a wholly heaping amount as a journalist, but enough to feed himself, enough to give generosity to the young ones who needed it most.

He was getting closer, though, to that elven scent that was laced with sickness. That itself was strange….he had to wonder….if it was possible that this individual was not what he seemed to be. After all, an elf that came ill with human disease….no matter what any books would say, that was certainly an odd thought...no, an impossible thought. That meant the elf was ill with something else, something that perhaps had been carried by the humans. After all, Wolfmann was not so sure that a human was immune to elf-sicknesses. It was possible this elf didn’t even realize that they were affecting the human population….or else….something worse was happening.

His nose pointed him in the correct direction, Wolfmann taking a deep whiff, indicating to him a young looking lad, pale and seemingly sickly….and certainly not like any elf kind he had ever seen. He approached quietly, putting what he hoped was a polite smile upon his face as he waved to the lad. ”Excuse me, hello!” he chirped, his voice loud but gently spoken nonetheless. ”I don’t suppose you would mind if I join you? Would that be all right?”

PM
^
♠ VINCENS CASSEL
 Posted: Mar 23 2018, 04:45 AM

For the most part, Vincens had not considered that he might actually be found. The fae were not known for mingling around humans and New York City had a large enough magical population that it was clear that anyone who might notice his presence might not take immediate notice of it. However, what he had not considered was how obvious he had made his presence. Dark elves were known to spread disease and, unlike his sister, he was using magic to do it. As a result, anyone with keen senses would notice that while he had not spread every disease within the area the nature of it was not entirely natural, a string of magic clear enough due to how foreign it all was.

It was for this reason that the redhead glanced up when he found himself approached by what appeared to be an older human. A frown crossed his face, suspicion immediately running through him. Unlike many other fae, the dark elf tended to not take advantage of his natural glamour, an action which he knew was probably unwise since it would have benefitted him in the long run due to his rare appearance. Pale and redheaded was not an entirely attractive appearance to some, he knew, and it did not entirely help that he looked visibly neglected, having spent far too many years having to take care of himself instead of relying upon caring hand of another.

Really, a human should be avoiding him. After all, humans tended to enjoy turning blind eyes to things unless they affected them. Those who didn't usually just had pity to offer and he didn't much like pity.

"Why?" he asked flatly, seeing no point in mentioning that yes he would mind. He had sat alone and in an establishment on this part of town for a reason. The only people who would bother him would be the sorts nobody would particularly miss, which was fine by him.

PM
^
☥ WOLFMANN
 Posted: Mar 30 2018, 11:38 PM

@MOMO He knows bruh
The boy whom Wolfmann was faced with was certainly just that; a boy, perhaps in his late teens, perhaps early adulthood, but by comparison he was a mere child. And, from what the werewolf could see, one who was not especially well cared for. He looked...not quite filthy as an urchin would, but certainly unkempt and out of sorts - much the appearance of one who cared little for how he looked to others, or so it seemed.

Though he wondered in part if that was simply a part of the redhead’s natural complexion; he belonged to some breed of elven family, though precisely which he wasn’t so sure - he hadn’t encountered this race before, but it smelled strange - not like other fae he had come to be familiarized with. And….ah….the scent about him….there was no mistaking it, the scent of sickness….which was puzzling; after all, the epidemic was clearly among the humans. Though, there was something just slightly wrong about even that - the sickness he smelled about him wasn’t quite natural; it wasn’t the right season for these symptoms, and not to this degree. Moreover, despite smelling of illness, this boy - this elf - was clearly unaffected. So then….

A carrier.

He maintained his smile, attempting to seem calm and pleasant, friendly if possible, to the other, although he could tell that the elf was wary of him by the sharpness of his tone. ”I suppose I don’t really need a reason, you’re in a public space after all. But as it happens...there is a reason, this time.” His voice was smooth and soothing, low and slow - made to comfort, but he wondered if perhaps he was using the wrong sort of voice for this….after all, he was about to make an accusation. But what was the proper way to express himself? Accusation…..was that closer to anger? Should he, instead, be frowning?

”I happen to be curious of you. I wonder what it is one of your kind is doing here among so many sick humans. Unless of course it’s your doing, which I suppose is quite possible.” He said it all with that same, relaxed smile. This was easier…..an accusatory tone was simply too complex.

PM
^
♠ VINCENS CASSEL
 Posted: Mar 31 2018, 03:33 AM

It would not have mattered if Wolfmann had been smiling, scowling, or crying. Vincens had long ago become used to others not wanting to be around him. An actual request to be within his company was something that he found strange and suspicious. After all, people, whether they were magical or not, tended to want something for even the simplest of things.

Admittedly, the smile had not helped. After all, he could spot a fake smile with a particular ease. Poesy Cassel was his older sister and she had- perhaps still was- been capable of wearing a smile as well as any politician. They fit her so well that most would not be able to guess that a monster lived underneath them. He only knew because he had been tricked by her before and she had long ago stopped wearing tem around his presence before he had ran away and never seen her again. Someone like the male before him, who seemed to be far more careless and unsure with how to express himself, would not trick him so easily. He was lying and he knew it.

He rose an eyebrow at the query. "That is a rather poor smile," he said flatly, "You do realize if you only smile people will catch onto the fact that it is fake?" His immediate guess was no, he did not. Then again, he was fairly sure that this man was far younger than himself. He hadn't had over a millennium to learn that people liked seeing normality before they decided that you were strange and unusual, something not worth being part of society.

He considered whether or not he should tell the truth. Technically, he wasn't doing anything wrong. Vincens had long ago been taught by his family that they were supposed to exist. Even though he had been told less, he had been told enough to understand that the consequences of letting everyone go untouched by disease were far greater than doing what he did. He just happened to do a job that others didn't like, others like this person right here.

Admittedly, he was being far nicer than he usually was about it. After all, he was letting the disease spread itself naturally, only infecting a few carriers. How it spread depended upon fairly natural factors. It differed from his normal work. He quite preferred spreading fatal diseases and normally in large numbers. However, he knew quite well that doing that would get him in trouble. He wasn't supposed to do that to begin with and considering the position he was already in it was best to do things that were simple and would just get his desired result.

"And what is one of my kind?" he asked instead. It was a vague statement and he was slightly curious if the man understood what he was. After all, the fae were relatively reclusive as a whole, but then there were exceptions.

PM
^
☥ WOLFMANN
 Posted: Apr 8 2018, 12:15 AM

@MOMO well he's honest at least
Ah….had he failed then? That really was unfortunate….he had been sure that his smile, if nothing else, was a face that he could make rather well….but if this boy saw it as poor, then….perhaps he was not so skillful as he thought. That really was a sad thought...after all, a smile was paramount to a friendly disposition. If he couldn’t smile properly, then he certainly mustn’t seem very approachable at all...ahh….

Still, he didn't’t drop the smile. Instead he tried to change the expression just a little….his eyes closed, a crinkly sort of smile this time, that he hoped perhaps looked somewhat sheepish. ”Wow, you saw right through me, huh…” he breathed, his voice soft, calm. His eyes opened again, that smile still there. After all, this situation….he wasn’t quite sure what face he should have in this sort of situation, so a smile was….it was the best default. Perhaps he could still salvage this interaction…. ”Truthfully, I don’t really know how a smile should look. It’s very hard for me to smile. That’s a shame...I had thought it wasn’t that bad!” He gave an easy shrug, shaking his head. There wasn’t much need to elaborate beyond that, but, if the youngster asked, then he would certainly answer.

Oh, but the lad had chosen not to answer him….though, in this case, he could understand that...what he was saying...ah, he supposed that he’d probably led the other to worry. Wolfmann thought for a moment, drawing in a slow, leisurely breath, entirely unconcerned in his demeanour. ”I can’t fully say for sure...but I know at least you’re some form of fae. It’s your smell. But it’s very unique….I don’t think I’ve smelled anything like it before. Certainly not here. Not alone, definitely not.” He wondered if the lad had been left here, abandoned by his family. It wasn’t uncommon for fae to remove undesired children from their families. Wolfmann maintained that same jovial tone, that same attempted smile. ”I wonder, you smell sick...definitely….but that seems strange to me, these are human diseases. Are you a carrier?”

There was no hostility in his tone, merely a genuine inquisitiveness. Ah, he simply sought answers. But he wondered...would the lad think he was an aggressor? He hoped not…

PM
^
♠ VINCENS CASSEL
 Posted: Apr 8 2018, 12:46 AM

Vincens watched over the rim of his drink as the stranger attempted to change his expression. From his own point of view, there was not much of a difference between it and the previous one. They were both smiles, though certainly different breeds. He did have to wonder if the man understand that people tended to become uncomfortable when people didn't change their expressions often or that they were made up of a multitude of emotions. From the way he spoke, it sounded as though he didn't.

"My sister is a bit like you." Except, not really. Thus far, the man had come off as far kinder than his older sister. Poesy was manipulative and cruel, taking pleasure in people's pain and caring quite little for what they thought. The only real similarity between them that he could draw up was that their empathy was clearly stunted. He doubted that this man was manipulative. He was not a psychopath. "Her smiles are usually fake, though she tends to offer much more believable ones." He didn't know if they were much more believable now. After all, he hadn't seen her in years. "People watching can usually help though. People have a lot of emotions though. I would stick to more than smiling."

He didn't know why he was giving this man advice. Perhaps it was because he was homesick. The last member of his family he had spoken to had been a cousin who hadn't realized they were related due to her half-elf status. He hadn't bothered to change that fact, figuring that she would believe he wanted to kill her. Instead, he had had half a conversation that was interrupted and never spoken to her again. Now...he kind of felt like talking to Poesy.

Poesy wouldn't want to speak to him, though he quietly ignored such a fact.

His brow furrowed at the comment and he slowly set down his drink. Pursing his lips, he considered how to answer. The man was clearly not human, though whether he was immortal he could not say. "No," he finally said, figuring that even if he was one he wouldn't have known, "Or at least not how you mean it. My breed of fae spread disease." He looked at the man knowingly. "Which I believe is what you wanted to ask." It was...mostly the truth. There were dark elves that couldn't do what he could, but then fae were known for being diverse. His family just happened to be more like the ones from Scandinavia.

PM
^
☥ WOLFMANN
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 12:01 AM

@MOMO Aww "son"
Sister. This now….he was being related to family. That was….a good sign, was it not? It would make it easier to speak to the boy if there was a frame from which he could relate. Although, as he listened, it became clear precisely what sort of a relation was being drawn….his elder sibling also feigned her smiles. Yet the way he spoke of her did not seem to be in a kind manner; this sibling then...she probably….wasn’t nice. Wolfmann heaved a slight sigh, the smile still there, if moderated as he looked out into the distance, into the sky. ”You’re definitely right.” he murmured, addressing the lad even if his gaze was far away. ”The human heart is filled with many emotions….things that most people take for granted. They simply feel...without truly recognizing those emotions. Only the stronger ones. But even then….something as simple as a frown….as a cold glare….what is simple to them is immeasurably complex to me. And to others like me. But you know….the one thing that I would like to be….” He allowed his smile to brighten again, his eyes widening in an almost childlike way as he turned his expression on the lad again. ”I would like to be someone who is happy, and who makes others happy. And from what I understand, that’s best achieved with a smile. Smiles are, after all, contageous.”

...Ah. That was spoken entirely in the moment, but the applicability to this particular situation was….ah, with the illness that was in this city…and that was entirely by accident! Ah, well. He hoped the lad didn’t take it as a veiled threat.

But, the lad did finally seem to be answering his question. He had seemed much more closed off at first, but now appeared more willing to open a dialogue with Wolfmann. He gave a quiet nod as the situation was explained - this boy was...a spreader of disease, then. That explained the smell, as peculiar as it was. ”That’s exactly right! I hadn’t been sure if it originated from you, so I had to ask.” There was no hostility nor threat from his words; he felt it his duty to care for any children plagued with the disease, but he could not feel anger towards this fae - in part because of his natural inability to truly emote, but also in part because it was simply a part of who the lad was. He couldn’t help his nature. ”It’s definitely good to know that...I had wondered what caused such a breakout. It didn’t seem like any ordinary illness. Some children have it pretty badly...but I’ve done what I can to make them more comfortable until it passes.” He allowed his smile to falter a little as he looked at the lad, brow knitting. ”Though even so, you don’t seem well yourself. Are you all right, son?”

PM
^
♠ VINCENS CASSEL
 Posted: Apr 16 2018, 01:30 AM

Briefly, Vincens considered whether or not he should buy something to eat. Admittedly, he didn't have much money on him and he had quickly learned that everything in this city was erroneously overpriced. However, getting something for free wouldn't be too much trouble and it wasn't as if he cared much about the livelihood about most people.

He glanced at Wolfmann over the rim of his cup. Maybe later, he supposed. "There are other ways to express that though." It wasn't too peculiar in his mind that the stranger might want to express a singular sort of emotion that he could understand. His sister had, for a short time, been similar in that she had aimed to achieve normality. However, he knew firsthand that there was something much darker and calculated that had laid beneath that all. His family had understood that on a fair lesser level and it was why he had such a lack of confidence about their fate. "Such as laughter or even with your words. If you constantly present the same expression it will lose its meaning to people, particularly since people are used to seeing a spectrum of emotion."

He did wonder if this man understood that. He seemed to understand that people were made up of many emotions, but the dark elf wasn't sure that the man understood the importance in presenting oneself as holding more than one emotion. "Besides, if you don't allow other emotions to show people will become upset in other ways," he explained, "There are moments where you should feel sad or mad or even a spectrum of other emotions. Only presenting happiness will make people think you are lying to them." Of course, the man was but that was besides the point.

He faltered at being called son. Vincens was not used to the smallest of endearments, having grown up without them. Thus far, the only individual he could recall who had called him by anything maternal had been the Other Mother and he did not see her often. He doubted that the man meant it as an actual sentiment. It was probably something he said as easily as a name. However, it was jarring for someone who had grown up neglected.

"Ill?" he echoed, "Are you talking about my complexion? It's normal. I've always been pale. Part of being a redhead. I don't exactly tan." The fact he'd burned many times beforehand came with the proof of many freckles. If the man was talking about something more exact chances were that it would need to be addressed directly. Vincens had never been perceptive.

He paused. "They just have something similar to the common cold." It didn't feel like it would be bad to hand out the truth. He doubted this man was a doctor nor knew anyone who could come up with a vaccine. If anything, he just seemed concerned. "Nastier, but similar nonetheless." That had been how he'd made it after all. Any real worry that could pop up from it was in how fast it spread and how it was clearly different from what it seemed similar to. However, he had also purposely made it harmless enough. It wouldn't kill a soul. "It should go away in a similar amount of time, especially if you treat it as a cold."

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.