Add Reply
New Poll

Where Feeling Fades, Tag Brae~
☽ CAERWYN SAGITTAR
 Posted: Aug 22 2017, 10:55 PM
831 • Former Human • Love • Ireland

All you need is love~
BRAE JUDL || Lemme know if this is aight~
Something wasn’t right. Something was off.

Caer was able to….feel the amalgamized emotions of everyone within a reasonable radius; the further away they were, the less he felt the pangs of their hearts, until it entirely faded. People who were important to him he felt more strongly, could feel further, but it wasn’t anyone he knew that was giving him that….odd feeling. Actually it was coming from his immediate surroundings; there was an unusual drain of emotion coming from somewhere nearby. Close enough that he could probably get there in a few minutes, but definitely not anywhere within a visible range.

It was kind of weird; usually Caer was alerted to the opposite – when there was a huge spike of emotion, like fear or something, that was usually an indicator something bad was happening and he needed to get there with his bow and arrows to help. Assuming he could. He kinda was only good for like magic related issues since most humans couldn’t see him. But…for emotions to suddenly….start to disappear? That….was also weird. And not natural. People didn’t just suddenly go into depressive slumps like that within a minute or two. There was something else happening, like someone was suppressing these peoples’ emotions or there was a siphon or something.

Having met Leora’s friend, that….emotions vampire guy, he was….starting to wonder if it might be that. Another one of those vampires.

That was reason enough for Caer to investigate.

He wasn’t going to go on the offensive or anything, not yet. But he had his bow and quiver just in case; as a Guardian, it was his job to protect people – annnnnd when someone was mucking around with their emotions that ws kind of worrying. Tracking down the source was gonna be weird though, he only had a general idea where it was coming from. Following a lack of emotion was a lot harder than…like following a spike of emotion. Only thing he could do was check the perimeter of that radius and…..

….Out the corner of his eye he thought he saw someone. Caer blinked, turning around, only for the….no, okay so he was just going crazy. There was no one there. Man, he was jumpy or something today. ”Yo…” he called out, all the same. Just…just in case. Maybe whoever was behind this was….still around?
© avey
PM
^
✧ BRAE JUDL
 Posted: Aug 23 2017, 06:58 AM
250 (looks 11) • Black Eyed Child • superstition • N/A

It was rare for Brae to feed on people out in a more open area, as it was safer indoors when there was little to interrupt him. But he was hungry and hadn't eaten since the last place he was in, and it was a big trip between places sometimes. So he'd feed on a hiker that had asked if he needed any help, because he was alone and without parents. Thankfully Brae had already fed on the man, and he'd started walking away when someone else appeared but even in the man's trance like state.

He should've noticed the new comer unless he was a mythical being or guardian of some sort, Brae sighed having vanished to get away. Luckily the guy hadn't seen him, but still seemed to be hanging around. Sitting in the treetops Brae wasn't really sure what to do, he wondered if he should call out or something. "I meant no harm, I was just eating. Nobodies hurt, and I'd rather avoid conflict" expressed Brae from one tree branch before quickly vanishing and landing on a completely different one. Just so the man didn't follow his voice to the source, or just open fire on the sound of it.

Brae knew that upon seeing him, the Guardian would assume that he was some kind of Anti. Given his scary eyes, and the connection to black and dark colours that usually defined the Anti's. Waiting for a response and keeping a feeler out on the man's emotions, Brae was ready if this went all south.
PM
^
☽ CAERWYN SAGITTAR
 Posted: Aug 24 2017, 10:11 PM

All you need is love~
Whoa, up in the trees. They were in the trees…

Caer blinked, looking up. He didn’t….see anyone, so they were probably hiding. But like…it sounded like a kid? Like a kid who…was uh, “eating” as he put it. Eating…and Caer had felt a sudden dip in emot…whuh. Wait so…this kid. Was he some kind of a…like an emotions vampire? The kinda person that…siphoned emotions? Was that a thing? That set up some alarm bells – mostly just…because to Caer taking someone else’s emotions away from them was….seriously bad news. It….he understood that species needed to eat and stuff, and like there were some creatures that needed to eat flesh…others that needed to eat…..emotions or something…but….nnnnn…it was a little hard not to be wary.

”Nobody’s been hurt you say…” he breathed, keeping his tone even. He…was dealing with a kid; he’d much rather not scare them off just in case. ”Okay first off I’m not keen on fighting either if we can avoid it so let’s call it a truce. Um…” Caer raised his hands, holding his bow and quiver up, and slowly crouched down to set them on the ground. He had…other means of causing damage if necessary, but this way there’d be a for sure visual ‘hey I’m not gonna hurt you’ kinda thing. That was key. Plus…reaching out with his own empathy, he could feel that whoever this was…they were nervous. And genuine. They really didn’t want to fight.

He could see the heartstrings that connected to this kid, leading up into the trees but…wherever he was he was hidden from view. He probably didn’t want Caer to see him. He had the general area at least, he’d narrowed the kid’s position down to like…three trees. That was good enough. ”….There. It’s okay now. No bow. Not gonna hurt you. Um, but about the rest…it’s just…if you take someone’s emotions away….that’s still hurting them. Not…like, not physically, but you’re hurting them inside. Do you get what I mean?”
© avey

PM
^
✧ BRAE JUDL
 Posted: Aug 24 2017, 10:30 PM

It seemed the young man reacted to his voice, like how much people do in that of a child. Sure he resembled one, but that was kind of how his species operated. Or more like how they worked, because people let their guard down for children. Which is why his people stayed looki like children for so long, as it made access to meals that much easier. But the man who had been clutching his bow so readily earlier was now laying it down and putting his arms up in hopes of luring Brae out. However his own empathy told him that he was only so genuine, and was likely capable of doing something else if the time called for it. People forget that apprehension is also an emotion of sorts, so Brae thought he'd make an appearance but show his own skill as it were.

So the boy teleported from his hidden position, to a slight distance in front of the man who was also a Guardian. The man would see him in his modern day boys clothes, while also having clear vision of his blackened eyes. How the man reacted to those would be key as to whether he stuck around, but the way he appeared Brae hoped the man would understand. That he could leave at the drop of a hat, if he did anything untoward. Then the man spoke about what he believed to be true, that Brae had taken the hiker's emotions away. And that they would then have none anymore, because he had somehow stole them.

Brae outwardly sighed "You misunderstand, I didn't steal his emotions. I merely feed on them briefly, they'll return to him within the next hour. Much like how ones blood is restored over time, once it's been lost" informed Brae to the man hoping he believed him because it was quite true, his people didn't steal emotions as living people without them would make their food source finite instead it was capable of being farmed again and again.
PM
^
☽ CAERWYN SAGITTAR
 Posted: Aug 25 2017, 11:37 PM

All you need is love~
He wondered if the kid was actually going to show himself or not. Even if Caer put his bow and stuff down, it was still…there, at his feet, and that might seem kinda threatening. Honestly there wasn’t much more he could do to seem pleasant or approachable in this situation, he was just kinda taken off guard. But still he could feel a sort of tension from the kid…not that he could blame him. They were both kinda on the suspicious side far as he could tell. Both being on edge was also kinda problematic because Caer’s empathy, by nature, fed off others’ emotions; on top of his own, he felt what those nearest to him felt, too – so there was…his own wariness, plus the kid’s, and it was like this awkward feedback loop.

That was when he saw the kid.

It was so sudden – like, there were no footsteps, just suddenly there was this small…ten…eleven?...year old boy with dark hair, and dark eyes. Like…not just dark eyes, like his…the white part….sclera? Was also black. From this distance there was no mistaking it. The kid had deeply black eyes. That….that was something he hadn’t seen before. He couldn’t help it, there was a slight intake of breath, a look of surprise crossing his face. That was like…creepy. But Caer stood his ground, and he didn’t shout or turn away. He had some…kinda creepy friends. The Shuck was one; a great black dog and an overseer of the dead…he was a scary looking dude, but despite that he was….nice. People who seemed scary on the outside could still be good people.

The kid didn’t seem menacing. He was probably okay.

He tilted his head as the boy spoke. So then….it was more like…a battery? Energy drained….but then given time it came back…..except instead of energy it was emotions. Oh but his own analogy was better, blood loss. That was a good point. Caer nodded, chewing his lower lip. ”It’s just….oh geez, I didn’t know. Erm…” He squinted, scratching his ear. ”I’m an empath…like I feel the emotions of everyone around me to some degree…so when I felt emotions fading I thought something was wrong. Normally I don’t feel anything like that unless someone is dying…” He winced. ”I didn’t realize that’s how your….thing worked.”
© avey

PM
^
✧ BRAE JUDL
 Posted: Aug 27 2017, 10:55 PM

It seemed that Brae's own empathic feelings were right as well, he'd felt empathy coming from this guy as well. As it too was technically an emotion, and he had been using it quite heavily since getting here which basically broadcast it. Brae on the other hand, had only been using his lightly so as to sense the guys intentions. He sensed when the man shivered inside and felt that he was creepy, he didn't read his mind but he'd felt the feeling before in both humans and mythical types. But the man didn't show any further disdain of him, which was good because he didn't want a confrontation and wasn't even sure he'd win against a guardian.

After Brae had explained himself, the man seemed to become apologetic about his accusations. But he knew that it made sense he would think that, as most even myth types knew little about his people. And even those that have heard of his people or remembered them somehow, didn't mean they knew how they worked. "Not to worry, most don't know of my people. We're hard to notice and often forgotten about, it's apart of our thing as you put it. We don't have a lot of contact with other races, which is partly my own fault. So it makes sense you know little about us" explained Brae to the man who probably now felt a little embarrassed.
PM
^
☽ CAERWYN SAGITTAR
 Posted: Aug 30 2017, 01:36 AM

All you need is love~
It hadn’t been…on purpose, he really felt kind of bad actually…for responding like that. It was just a bit of a shock to see black eyes like that? Like…what. How did that…jeez. It was just shocking to him was all. But he tried to cool it after the fact, to just….chill out, relax, because like this guy clearly didn’t mean any harm? He could feel intentions from those around him – and there was no desire to harm. There was like this curious sense of wonder, he wanted to know what Caer was all about, but there was nothing violent coming from him at all.

It came as a bit of a surprise to hear that his style of emotion-draining was temporary. Caer had only ever encountered that one vampire, whose powers kind of…absorbed emotion to a huge degree. He hadn’t been even remotely sure what was going through this kid’s magic and had just kind of…assumed, but…ugh now he felt bad. Not that he could do anything about it now…but at least he hadn’t tried to fight him or anything.

Now he was curious though? Like he’d never heard of a species that…was inherently hard to notice and forgotten about. He nodded, humming. ”That’d explain me not knowing anything about you. But like…I guess that’s something that can’t easily be fixed if you’re easily forgotten…is it something you do with your own magic, make people forget? Or does it just….happen naturally?” It sounded like a hard way to live…was it possible for this kid to have like….friends? ”Are you the only one of your kind around here? Or do you tend to hunt in…packs.” Was…uh. Was packs the right word?
© avey
PM
^
✧ BRAE JUDL
 Posted: Aug 30 2017, 04:54 AM

The man was weary at first, probably the shock of seeing his eyes. Which usually did the job of freaking people out at first glance, depending on the person as to whether they froze, got scared and so on. But now that he'd calmed, although Brae could tell his empathy was still running. Though it might be like his own, as it wasn't a turn on turn off kind of thing. But he was now curious about his people, even though Brae wasn't fond of his people.

He knew it'd be wrong not to express, what he knew to this man who seemed genuinely interested. "it's just something that happens, can't be helped though it's meant to be more related to humans. It seems to works on everything else as well, my people are called Black Eyed Children. There are adults but we stay looking young for longer then most. And we do usually work in pairs, but I'm slightly different to others in my race. So I'm by myself" explained Brae, feeling the pain that comes with admitting such things out loud. And although he enjoys having time to himself, it's not like he doesn't want to aovoid people completely at least in the sense of feeling alone.
PM
^
☽ CAERWYN SAGITTAR
 Posted: Sep 2 2017, 11:02 PM

All you need is love~
Black-Eyed Children? That was interesting. He hadn’t heard of them before, but the description made a lot of sense. He’d seen the black eyes after all, and…he definitely looked like a kid? But he also….there was no way he could be a child of that age. With the capacity to see – in the form of a string – the emotional connections made between individuals, he could see…way more bonds formed than what a child his age could possibly have made. But most of them were distant – distant or negative. This…Black-Eyed Child, he didn’t have…a lot of people close to him, if any at all. He led a lonely life of one-sided threads, a life where most people forgot about him. Except probably for his own kind. But there was something about what he said….he was different, by himself? That seemed odd…

There was a swell of…both loneliness and sadness from the Black-Eyed Child, and Caer winced. This was someone…who didn’t want to be alone. Honestly he felt bad…and being able to sense just how lonely the kid was only made it worse. He pressed his lips together, stepping a little closer – slowly, very slowly, just in case.

”I bet there’s a way that you could learn to be seen more…” he mused quietly. ”Like some sort of glamour charm maybe. I have one…a friend gave it to me, it lets me be seen by normal humans. Usually they don’t see me, because no one really believes in me except like, total fanatics. Nobody believes in Cupid! And those who do don’t picture….” He shrugged, smiling as he gestured to himself. ”…well, this.” He rubbed his neck idly, tilting his head. ”Did you…er, sorry…what’s your name? Maybe if I know your name, I won’t forget.”
© avey
PM
^
✧ BRAE JUDL
 Posted: Sep 11 2017, 05:22 AM

A wing clipped boy, slightly creepy
The man was still slightly uneasy but he was less so then originally, he was now more accepting. Especially since Brae hadn't drained the hiker's emotions, instead he'd merely had a taste and left little ill effects. Well there was a chance the guy may remain in a trance and get lost, but hopefully that wasn't the case. Either way he could tell that the man was reading his emotions again, Brae was doing the same and could feel a mix of apprehension and acceptance as well as some serious worry as well.

The man spoke again and through his words he learned what this Guardian guy represented, as they all seemed aligned to some historical or mythical personage. And this guy was somehow Cupid, even he was fairly aware of the usual thoughts people had of Cupid. It usually entailed a Cherub of some sort, or something equally adorable and although the man was fairly reasonable looking he'd pass better for Valentine then Cupid.

Brae cleared his throat, not that there was anything in it but it just seemed like the thing to do. "My name is Brae Judl, and I'm actually fairly visible to humans. Because well I have to feed on them, and I usually have to get them into a sort of state of mind before hand. But they generally forget about us, after we leave them however there has been the odd exception.

Though we seem to have less notice in the mythical or however you wish to describe it community as well, or forgetful presence isn't as strong on those in mythical circles but enough to put us in the realm of tales" explained Brae as best as he could. Hoping the man would understand what he was explaining, he'd go into things further if the need was there.

Hanging with the love archer
@CAERWYN SAGITTAR
PM
^
☽ CAERWYN SAGITTAR
 Posted: Sep 20 2017, 12:52 AM

All you need is love~
Having more context to the situation really did help a lot. Like, man. Caer had been actually super worried? Not as much now though. He genuinely didn’t feel any hostility…or like this guy was lying, either. He was pretty sincere. Which meant that while he did drain emotions….they’d still come back just fine. And that alone was a huge relief; enough to calm Caer down a lot. But now he kinda felt rude for having been so judgemental from the beginning. Man, talk about some serious foot in mouth syndrome….he was always doing that, talking without understanding the full thing. Ergh.

Now though, he had a name to fit to the other empath. Brae Judl…

He’d definitely never heard of a name like that. But it was cool? Yeah, it was a nice name. Caer listened quietly, nodding here and there. It definitely made sense that he’d have to be visible…especially if he had to interact with them. Some people had sorts of magic that let them affect things without necessarily being seen…Caer was like that, his powers let him alter emotions without having to talk to the person. But for Brae it made sense.

Caer gave a hum and a nod. ”That makes a lot of sense actually. I guess we’re….not quite the same, but…I get you. For me it’s…most people don’t believe in me so they don’t see me at all! Those that do, though, definitely remember me. So we have it the opposite, I think?” He chuckled. ”Anyway, are you the only one of your kind around here? I’ve never actually met anyone like you. I know I sorta jumped to conclusions…I’m just not used to your sort of people!”
© avey

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.