Add Reply
New Poll

Dancing flames, Tanerys / Oisin
☽ OISIN MAC FIONN
 Posted: Jun 6 2017, 07:23 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Whatever else might have changer over the centuries, the Irish still liked their festivities.

It took Oisin some time to find the places and times that still bore some semblance of the celebrations of old. He discovered that some people still kept the old traditions - and some kept now ones that they thought they were old, and many kept a mixture of the two, and were more than happy with the result. The Bard did not judge them. Having lived in the olden days, he knew perfectly well that they had not been perfect either.

It was a warm summer night, and hundreds of people or all ages (but mostly young) gathered on the hillsides around campfires to celebrate... life itself, Oisin assumed, since the day did not fall on any feasts he knew of. There were drinks, and laughter, and love and sorrow mixed like everywhere where young people gathered to enjoy life. The bard moved among them mostly unnoticed. Around one of the fires, surrounded by some tents, there were people with musical instruments he recognized, playing tunes that were almost familiar, like echoes of a song sung by someone else. The bard smiled, enjoying the music, and then found himself a place at the edge of the crowd, before he rested his harp on his knee, and began to play along with the tune to his own entertainment.

The music was new, but it followed old forms, older even than the bard, and as he played along, a figment or two of music from Beyond the Mists stole into the chords. Mortals had always learned from the fae, even when they did not realize it; it usually happened through people like the Bard himself, who had seen the best of both worlds. Oisin smiled as he watched people dance or tap along, and drink, and kiss, and laugh. The rest of the Fianna would have loved a celebration like this.
PM
^
☥ TANERYS RUADH
 Posted: Jun 22 2017, 10:28 PM
Olde • Fae • Superiority • Ireland

RING OF FIRE

A dance by firelight among the humans...it wasn’t an uncommon occurrence for Tanerys to take time away to enjoy the festivities of nonfae. At least, not when her schedule was booked. She was rather a busy woman after all, fighting and killing in the name of the Vibrant Queen. She was a dear busy lady. But, when she had hours - days - months - years to herself, she found that she could fill that time easily with frivolities such as parties, dances held by the fae themselves or even those of the humans. She liked to sometimes mingle with them, to pick favourites and take them with her for a while. They were always pleased to join her, though she typically released them after a while; after all, the same plaything tended to become rather boring after some time had passed. They also had a habit of growing old.

She was rather fond of the new music that they played; it was exotic and unique, different for her to find a rhythm to dance to. It was a challenge, and Tanerys enjoyed a challenge. The pretty things seemed to be rather enamoured with her dancing, she was of course the loveliest of the women, to the point that even some of the dancing maidens found themselves ogling her. Of course, she didn’t mind. Man or woman, she enjoyed them equally, she was hardly one to limit herself by sex. She was scouting, for now, as she danced - looking for the prettiest and the best dancer among the crowd. She wanted her plaything to be lovely of course - but they had to be able to dance. She enjoyed dancing with her girls and boys.

Her dance, however, halted when a new sound, an older sound, came to her. Tanerys paused, blinking once, twice. The music was….familiar, in a nostalgic sense, but more than that, it was lovely. Her feet willed themselves to dance, and she found herself gravitating toward the source of the music, the sturdy rhythm of her shoes going right along with the music, her lovely crimson dress bouncing and twirling along with her as she danced her way toward the bard. This was an old being, one who was among fae - it was no wonder his music was nostalgic and familiar. Tanerys smiled, twirling as she enjoyed his music. Only once she drew closer to him did she stop dancing - yet even then, she lightly twirled still, circling him almost in the manner of a huntress, a flirtatious glint in her gaze.

”You called to me so beautifully.”

OISIN MAC FIONN || Guuuurl this is gonna be great <.<

PMEmail
^
☽ OISIN MAC FIONN
 Posted: Jul 1 2017, 08:55 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

The woman was hard to miss, even without being as sensitive to magic as Oisin himself was. She moved with the music like flames moved with the wind, twirling and swaying, and the bard kept playing even though his eyes were not following the strings anymore. To him, it was clear that she could not only hear the fae notes in his music, but she could also see him. As she came closer, he recognized the signs of their shared blood as well. The woman was fae, and a powerful one at that too, judging from the markings on her face, and the pride in her step. Oisin had only met a few like her on Tir na nOg, and none too closely. It was a surprise to see her here in the mortal world, after so much time, and in such a different place.

>>”You called to me so beautifully.”

Oisin had not been calling for anyone, but she also knew Sidhe women better than to argue with a claim like that. He smiled instead as she moved around him, tilting his head up from where he sat.

"I was not sure anyone would hear." he admitted "And I certainly did not dare hope that you would follow." he added with a playful smile.
PM
^
☥ TANERYS RUADH
 Posted: Jul 16 2017, 06:25 PM

RING OF FIRE

His face was more like a human’s than a fae - she could see imperfections about him, certain ruggedness that was more known for humans than fae. But all the same - it was a handsome ruggedness that she did quite like about humans. She didn’t dislike their kind - actually she was on quite good terms with them. She simply saw herself above them - though this one, standing as both fae and human, she saw as somewhere in between; it was clear he took after more the human half than the fae half, if he was playing here in a dull human forest and not for a party of fae. Some halfling children took more after one than the other - it was interesting to learn their reasoning, if they were willing to share.

Of course when she’d spoken she had known he wasn’t calling for her, exactly - it was a pretty thought, though not at all the case - he’d seemed quite oblivious to the world, simply playing for his own sake. She had decided to join him of her own volition, nothing more. The words were more of a casual flirtation - though he didn’t bite. He was less susceptible to her charms, it seemed; the fae in him was probably able to escape her glamour. All the same, she wouldn’t mind a simple conversation with him, there was no need for more than that.

”I most certainly heard.” She brought a hand up to toy with her hair, eyeing him with glimmering orange-red eyes. ”What’s a handsome thing like you doing in a place like this, playing so well with no audience? Yours is music that should be heard. It lures even the most charming Mother of the Hearth into your presence.” Well….it wasn’t quite an introduction, but it was close enough for now. She fluttered her eyelashes with a soft smile. ”Just what shall I call you?”

OISIN MAC FIONN || Guuuurl this is gonna be great <.<

PMEmail
^
☽ OISIN MAC FIONN
 Posted: Jul 16 2017, 08:56 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Oh, she was fae through and through. Oisin smiled as she moved like flames, never completely motionless or resting, even when he stopped playing the tune. She had fire in her nature, that much was very clear, and with fire came passion, the Bard could tell that at a glance. It was almost comfortable, being flirted at by a fae woman. It was familiar territory - even though, the Bard did not lull himself into the assumption that she would be just like Niamh. Fae, especially women, could be surprisingly versatile.

>>”What’s a handsome thing like you doing in a place like this, playing so well with no audience? Yours is music that should be heard. It lures even the most charming Mother of the Hearth into your presence.”

Oisin had no illusions about how she saw him, either. He was almost fully Sidhe, but not quite; and even a little bit of human blood set someone like him apart from true fae, as clearly as if it had been written across his forehead. He had been a diversion for Niamh, but never an equal. Not that it mattered.
Mother of the Hearth. Fire then, truly. He arched an eyebrow at her playful introduction.

"Every time I play it, someone is bound to hear it. Or I just have been very lucky so far."

For a world slowly seeping magic, this one was still full of people to accidentally run into.

>>”Just what shall I call you?”

"My name is Oisin, son of Fionn Mac Cool" the Bard answered simply, not making an effort to hide his name, or his identity "and Sabd of the Sidhe." he set the harp aside to stand, so that he could carry the conversation looking at her, instead of looking up. "And what brings you among the humans, Mother of the Hearth? Have they noticed yet how fortunate they are?"
PM
^
☥ TANERYS RUADH
 Posted: Jul 24 2017, 06:11 PM

RING OF FIRE

Ah, his response….he was a creature of whimsy, then. And idealism perhaps. But a beautiful creature nonetheless. Tanerys smiled thinly, batting her eyelashes expertly. ”I suppose that’s fair,” she breathed, waltzing up closer to him, stopping only when she was near enough to reach out and grasp a lock of his hair if she so chose. She kept her hands to herself, at least for now. ”You play wonderfully enough that I’m not surprised you find an audience. Is it your goal to win the hearts of so many with your beautiful playing? I’m quite sure it’s working.”

He seemed like a free spirit - roaming and playing at his own whim. In a way, she envied such a life. He could play for anyone he chose. Though personally, she wouldn’t mind taking him back to the court for a while. Perhaps a few nights.

Tanerys blinked as the name was spoken - Oisin, son of Fionn mac Cool. This was Oisin mac Fionn? She opened her mouth, as though to speak, but no words came forth. That was certainly not what she was expecting to hear, but now that she thought about it….his music...ah, no wonder it had been so lovely. ”I wasn’t aware the Fianna had returned. That is news to the courts.” she breathed, her curiosity piqued. ”Or is it just you?” Ah - but he had asked her a question. A question laced with delicate flirtation of his own. Her lips curled in amusement. ”Humans are always aware they are fortunate when I lay eyes on them.” She tapped her chin, fingers twirling in her hair again with that playful pull. ”I came for sightseeing. The courts and their politics can be stifling at times. The humans are entertaining to observe and fraternize with from time to time. Though I hadn’t expected to see Fianna in my adventure. How curious.”

OISIN MAC FIONN || A celebrity~?

PMEmail
^
☽ OISIN MAC FIONN
 Posted: Jul 30 2017, 07:42 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

>>”I suppose that’s fair. You play wonderfully enough that I’m not surprised you find an audience. Is it your goal to win the hearts of so many with your beautiful playing? I’m quite sure it’s working.”

"The music is its own reward" the bard chuckled, standing still as she stepped closer, close enough that he could see her eyes and feel her breath as she spoke. He could tell that she was playing, and also that she had no concept of personal space, like most fae did not. She was flirting, but not like a human would flirt; it was a part of her nature, a part of how she talked. It only paused when he introduced himself, to give way to recognition and... admiration?... in her eyes.

>>”I wasn’t aware the Fianna had returned. That is news to the courts. Or is it just you?”

"Me, and some of my family" he admitted with a small smile "Me from Tir na nOg, and some from beyond the grave. It seems we were needed again."

It spoke volumes that the courts did not know yet of his return. Not much time had passed on the other side of the Mists, compared to the quick flow of human time, so it was likely that Niamh was still sulking, or maybe already occupied with other lovers.

>>”Humans are always aware they are fortunate when I lay eyes on them. I came for sightseeing. The courts and their politics can be stifling at times. The humans are entertaining to observe and fraternize with from time to time. Though I hadn’t expected to see Fianna in my adventure. How curious.”

"There is certainly a lot to explore." the bard admitted, tilting his head as he watched her, never quite standing still, like a flame "I have been away for centuries, and I am still discovering how much has changed. Not everything, though." she added with a smile "Would you care to dance?"
PM
^
☥ TANERYS RUADH
 Posted: Aug 14 2017, 01:43 AM

RING OF FIRE

The music was its reward...well, he spoke it like a true musician - playing not for the audience, as a performer did, but for himself and the soul of the music. That was the difference between the two; Tanerys, for example, was a performer; her dance was good, yes, but she followed the steps exactly as they were laid out - like it was a science, something strict and rigid. She did what the audience wanted to see. Her sister, Aide, had been a dancer. She was wild and free - out of control in her dance, truly excellent, sometimes her moves were lovely and sometimes they were strange, but they were always a unique and flowing dance that felt natural.

Aide had always been the better.

They were of different breeds, she and this part-fae. And as the performer, of course she made the first move, growing near, perhaps more close than was comfortable. She saw an opportunity - of course she would take it. Anything that moved, that had a pretty face - she would be happy to try. Just the challenge of the hunt was enough for her, though men weren’t often difficult. This one, though, came with a surprise - his name had rung a bell, and it instantly became clear to her - as to just why she had seen him as a musician; he was the musician, the bard of bards. She hadn’t thought that she would ever meet him, truth be told. Nor any of the Fianna. But to think...that any of them were still around.

Now, that was exciting, in a way; she did quite enjoy watching those outside of the courts, particularly those with ties to the fae by any stretch. Ever more especially at the notion that some had returned from death itself. That spoke of meddling. That was interesting.

But such thoughts flew out the window quite quickly - at the offer of a dance. Her eyes practically lit up, and she found herself doing a short spin, landing elegantly into a bow, her hand outstretched. ”It would be my honour. But shall you watch me, or shall we dance as two?”

PMEmail
^
☽ OISIN MAC FIONN
 Posted: Sep 14 2017, 09:21 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Her reaction to the mention of dance was a sight to behold. Every movement she made was full of grace and life, like fire was. She was truly a flame, and not just the colors of one. Oisin laughed a little as she extended a hand.

>>”It would be my honour. But shall you watch me, or shall we dance as two?”

"The honor is all mine. But if you wish to dance as two, you will have to lead me. The last time I danced with someone... the steps were very different." he noted with a smirk, glancing in the direction of the mortals that were all moving to the rhythm of the music, entangled in all kinds of interesting ways. The Bard had talent for melody and rhythm, but he had not had a partner to dance with for quite some time. Even if no one could see them, he did not want to embarrass himself in front of someone as elegant as the Mother of Fire.
PM
^
☥ TANERYS RUADH
 Posted: Sep 30 2017, 11:45 PM

RING OF FIRE

’Someone very different’. Oh, now the tricky thing had awakened the gossip within Tanerys. Her lips curled and she hummed, orange eyes gleaming with a curiosity. Truly she was a fae of the courts, born and raised – she simply fed off idle gossip! And yet, at a time, she had truly despised it. But…now a grown adult, she really had come to resemble her mother. How ironic that was. Ironic, and amusing. But, talk of dance always tickled her fancy.

”You need not be shy, bard.” she breathed, her voice soft and wispy as she made to take his hand, dipping into an elegant curtsey. ”I spend hours teaching my little sparks the way of the dance.” She raised one leg, snapping it out before letting it curl back in, a mild suggestion to her posture and expression all at once. ”I’m sure one whose nature is within music can be taught the ways of dance. Shall it be my forte? Stepdance is home for me…but any will entertain.” She did enjoy the dances of the earthers. Some were so lively and energized….not quite so rambunctious as those of the fae, but energetic and lovely all the same. ”And do tell…who was it you last danced with? I take particular interest in those who are skilled in the art….”

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.