Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

What's an IKEA?..., Grumpflower
☽ SIR KAY
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 06:11 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

There was so much to do about New Camelot. Arthur was still in enchanted sleep, but Kay was reasonably sure that he would start going raving mad soon if he did not see at least some progress in the direction of having Camelot back. Maybe the two were related. Maybe once Camelot was up and running again, Arthur would awaken too. Or maybe Kay would just have to slap him awake.

Desiree... definitely helped. The senechal felt less alone now that he was... courting?... the Fairy Godmother. It still felt unreal sometimes, and he had not quite finished assessing all the implications just yet. It took time for the Guardian of Common Sense to come to terms with loving a woman who could sense wishes. But even so, he had no doubt that he wanted to do it.

This time, they would have a mission. She was a fae, wishes or not, and she had a strong connection to nature; the project Kay had in mind would benefit from her help. So he invited her to join him, and was now waiting at the edge of the woods, with a small gift bag in his hand. Just because they had work to do, it didn't mean he was not excited to spend time with her.
PM
^
☽ FAIRY GODMOTHER
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 09:14 AM
A Good Few • Fairy • Wishes • Secret Garden

Wish it...Dream it...Do it

You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it true
Oh, she was rather excited, don’t you know? She and Kay had an outing – or was it a date? No, it wasn’t quite a date, she didn’t think. There was a bit more of a definitive purpose, she assumed, since her knight had asked for her advice on…something. - planned for today and it was sure to be quite a wonderful time, so long as nothing came up that would draw either of them elsewhere. Which was a very real possibility, given the various commitments each of them had, but she had a good feeling that nothing was going to interrupt their time together. Which, really, meant even more than it used to, now that they were…well, together.

It was absolutely mortifying, but the thought of it still made her blush and giggle some.

Ah, but she did rather wish that she had a better idea of just what they would be doing today. That Kay had endeavored to seek her advice meant that it was likely something to do with wishes or, more likely, nature, and while that gave her some clue, it was hardly enough to really know what she ought to prepare for their little adventure. Were they going someplace warm? Someplace cold? Should she pack food? Well, actually, she knew the answer to that particular question. The answer was always yes, provided you had the time to do so. Even little adventures – which maybe this was bigger than a little one? – required energy and hungry people could be rather cranky.

So, she packed a picnic basket. Because it was practical, thank you very much. It had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that this outing could be a sort of date. At least part of it, maybe? If she were thinking in such a way, which she entirely was not, no matter how deeply she was blushing as she packed sandwiches and fresh fruit and sweets and lots of water, because thirsty people were just as bad as hungry ones, to be sure. Sometimes even worse.

Once that was settled and she was sure she had everything she would need – and reassuring herself that magic wands came quite handy if one forgot something – Desiree gathered her things and waved her wand over herself, vanishing from her cottage with a twinkle and a breeze. In the next moment, she was standing at the edge of a rather inviting forest and there was Kay, waiting for her. Seeing him made her feel bouncier than usual and set her heart to racing and her stomach to spinning in an awfully pleasant way and her wings – which she had hidden away – poofed into existence, fluttering wildly. Traitors.

Setting her basket down in the grass, the fairy stepped forward, wasting no time in winding her arms around her knight, smiling happily. “Oh, goodness, I really missed you.” Quite more than she’d realized, actually. “I hope I didn’t keep you waiting too long?”

To: TAMMY SIR KAY || Words: 492 || Notes: :3
girlwhowaited @ (shine)(cttw)

PM
^
☽ SIR KAY
 Posted: Feb 22 2018, 08:21 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Desiree appeared out of thin air, the usual magical way, carrying a picnic basket, all smiles and curls and fluttering wings. Kay jumped, but then immediately relaxed into a warm smile as he saw the magical woman. She was always a sight to behold. She set the basket down and hugged him.

>>“Oh, goodness, I really missed you. I hope I didn’t keep you waiting too long?”

"You are right on time" he chuckled, kissing her on the forehead. He did not really bother with watches and clocks, but he had not been waiting long at all, therefore there was nothing to be worried about. He handed her the little gift bag that he had... acquired from a shop.

"Apparently, these days, there is something about dates and... relationships." he explained sheepishly the presence of a bag full of candied dates inside the gift bag. He was not sure how the exotic fruit was relevant to relationships, but he was intent on finding out.
PM
^
☽ FAIRY GODMOTHER
 Posted: Feb 28 2018, 06:55 AM

For just the quickest of moments, Kay looked surprised to see her. Which, she supposed, was probably a perfectly sensible reaction to someone just materializing where they hadn’t been before. She’d really never thought about it before; perhaps it was something she should try to work on in the future. But then surprise immediately gave way to a smile that had her feeling quite warm and rather gooey. Much like a cookie, which should have been a peculiar sensation for someone who was not, in fact, a baked good. And in a way it was, but…the good kind of peculiar.

She was quite pleased to hear that she had not kept him waiting (and even more pleased when he gave her one of the forehead kisses she liked so very much, don’t you know?), for she really did try to always be punctual. Especially for engagements – like time spent with her knight – which brought her delight. It just wasn’t very polite to keep people waiting, after all, and tardiness really only caused oneself to suffer, since it deprived one of precious time spent in good company. Or, when the company wasn’t good, it only increased the time in which one could dread the encounter. But that hardly applied here, now did it? Nor did the former, for that matter, since Kay assured her that she had arrived when intended…even if she did have a small suspicion that he had allotted her a little wiggle room. He was quite sweet that way, don’t you know?

She was, admittedly, a bit surprised by the gift bag he handed to her. She hadn’t expected anything of the sort and she couldn’t help but fret just a little. After all, she hadn’t gotten him anything in return and felt rather abysmal that the thought hadn’t even occurred to her. She’d brought a picnic for them, of course, but that was hardly as personal and thoughtful. She didn’t really have much time to berate herself, though, for something he said caught her attention in a rather puzzling way. Dates and…oh. Oh, goodness.

Desi blushed pink and giggled softly, hugging the gift bag to her chest. Her knight really was just too precious at times; it seemed the changes of the modern world had gotten him once again, giving him an adorably wrong idea. And, as she tilted her head back, catching the sheepish expression he wore, the fairy decided that she really didn’t have the heart to correct him. Humming, she gave him another snug embrace and a peck on the cheek. “Thank you, Kay. They look amazing.”

She still felt a little bad that she had nothing to give him, but she wasn’t about to dwell on that right now. There would be other opportunities, to be sure. They were just starting out, after all. With a little extra spring in her step, Desiree gathered up her basket and carefully tucked the dates inside before looping her free arm around Kay’s. “So, good sir, what adventure do we have in store for us today?”

To: TAMMY SIR KAY || Words: 510 || Notes: Heckin’ adorable~

PM
^
☽ SIR KAY
 Posted: Mar 2 2018, 08:28 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Desire did that blushing-giggling-fluttering thing that made her darn adorable, hugged the dates, and then hugged Kay, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

>>“Thank you, Kay. They look amazing.”

Kay smiled, glad that his shot in the dark actually worked out well. He was still not sure what dates had to do with anything. Was it that they were sweet? Sweet things were popular gifts back in the day too. Or that they were exotic?... He was not sure they counted as a rarity anymore. Either way, Desiree seemed happy with them.

>>“So, good sir, what adventure do we have in store for us today?”

"Well... we need a new Round Table." Kay announced, walking towards the woods arm in arm with the fae "A better one. The blasted thing was too big and too heavy, Guinevere brought it to court as a dowry and we had to put it somewhere. But then people up and got attached to idea, and after that, there was no getting rid of it. So, if it has to be part of the myth, then we might as well have it decently done the second time around."
PM
^
☽ FAIRY GODMOTHER
 Posted: Mar 3 2018, 10:14 AM

Kay seemed pleased that she liked his gift, and that in turn made her feel quite happy. Of course, the sentiment behind the present played no small part in that. It turned this outing into something rather intimate – though still quite serious in purpose – and Desi really was quite alright with that. It also told her that her knight thought of her when they were apart; it wasn’t something she had worried about, of course, but it was still a nice reassurance. It made her feel valued.

Kay was quite good at making her feel that way, actually, and she certainly hoped she did the same for him.

Hearing the official reason behind their outing surprised her and she couldn’t stop the very small gasp that escaped her. He wanted her help with the Round Table? The very symbol of everything, real and imagined, that was Camelot? Why, that was…tremendous. And tremendously humbling. He trusted her to help with something so important; the realization of that left her quite flushed. And a little flabbergasted, truth be told. For a long moment, words seemed to have abandoned her.

It was also surprising to hear that the original table had been…not so wonderful. But it also intrigued her; most of Desiree’s knowledge of Camelot was either what she had learned in the time she’d known Kay or heavily tainted with embellishment and retelling. And she knew better than most that storytellers were often quick to sacrifice the facts in favor of grandeur. But even that information, flawed as it undoubtedly was, acknowledged that Arthur’s kingdom had it’s share of pitfalls and obstacles. If it hadn’t, then there would have been no need to rebuild it now. She couldn’t help but wonder…

”Do you know what it was made of? The original table?” Humans wouldn’t have noticed, but all of Camelot’s problems might well have been caused – or at least compounded – by the very symbol that bound it. “And have you put any thought into what you want to craft the new one from? Trees have meaning, you know? Symbolism of their own, vices and virtues they embody; we have to be very careful to keep them balanced with the symbolism of the table itself. It’s a powerful totem, after all; clashing energies could be immensely dangerous.

To: TAMMY SIR KAY || Words: 384 || Notes: I’ll bet it was hawthorn.

PM
^
☽ SIR KAY
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 02:29 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Kay could see the surprise and excitement in Desiree's face as he told her what their quest was for the day. He knew he had come to the right person with the task. Not (only) because he liked spending time with the fae, but also because nature magic belonged to her field of expertise.

>>”Do you know what it was made of? The original table?”

"Oak, I think... It was bloody heavy." Kay muttered with a smirk.

>>“And have you put any thought into what you want to craft the new one from? Trees have meaning, you know? Symbolism of their own, vices and virtues they embody; we have to be very careful to keep them balanced with the symbolism of the table itself. It’s a powerful totem, after all; clashing energies could be immensely dangerous."

"That is why I am asking you" Kay smiled at the excitable woman "Magic is not really my thing, but it is yours. And I would like the new Table to be better than the original... and possibly more useful?"
PM
^
☽ FAIRY GODMOTHER
 Posted: Mar 6 2018, 07:55 AM

Kay didn’t seem wholly certain about the composition of the original Table which, while a tad disappointing, was understandable. It hadn’t actually been crafted with the intention of serving Camelot, after all, and would have fallen largely outside his realm of concerns. But he did at least have a notion and that was more than enough for Desi to work with. “Oak? Hmmm.” That made sense, really. Oaks were large, sturdy, and readily available. “Well, it’s not a bad wood. It embodies nobility, strength, and stability, but can have a bent towards stubbornness, don’t you know? Best suited for beds or tables that don’t double as talismans. Though, I daresay it could be a good choice for the base of the new Table. Tempered with ash, I think.”

Exciting ideas were blooming rapidly in the fairy’s mind, making her rather giddy. Which compounded with the faith her knight expressed for her ability and insight, leaving her with a light and buoyant feeling, as if she might flutter through the air as the stories expected her to. She couldn’t of course, but it was a rather nice feeling.

She paused for a moment, stooping to pick up some fallen twigs and twining them together. She let her magic flow into them, twisting them into the shape of rings, fused into a disc, held together by her power. “Correct me if I’m mistaken, Kay, but most accounts tell that the Table was divided across its surface, yes? Like a pastry, with a wedge for each knight?” She wasn’t sure, of course, but this her knight would most definitely know. Smiling, she held the disc she’d made out to him. “Partitions are a tricky thing, however; they inherently lead to covetous thoughts. Might I suggest something more akin to this? Rings of wood, each to represent the virtues you seek to build New Camelot upon and equal on all sides.”

To: TAMMY || Words: 317 || Notes: Put a ring on it.

PM
^
☽ SIR KAY
 Posted: Mar 8 2018, 09:49 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

The table had to be made of oak. It was near indestructible, and almost impossible to get inside Camelot's main hall. But it was round, and it gave Arthur an idea that then became a symbol, and a legend. Even Kay had to admit that it had worked out mostly to the benefit of the court.

>>“Oak? Hmmm. Well, it’s not a bad wood. It embodies nobility, strength, and stability, but can have a bent towards stubbornness, don’t you know? Best suited for beds or tables that don’t double as talismans. Though, I daresay it could be a good choice for the base of the new Table. Tempered with ash, I think.”

"Stubbornness sounds about right" Kay smirked. Arthur and the knights all tended to stick to their ideas and convictions through hell and high water. It was probably not all the oak's fault, but Desi knew her tree powers, and he was willing to listen.

>>“Correct me if I’m mistaken, Kay, but most accounts tell that the Table was divided across its surface, yes? Like a pastry, with a wedge for each knight?”

"Eventually, yes. Didn't come like that, but once the places were filled, they did some renovation on it."

Desiree picked up some twigs, and began to shape them with her magic. Rings within rings. Kay watched, a little fascinated with how easily she used her powers, and curious about what ideas were forming in her head.

>>“Partitions are a tricky thing, however; they inherently lead to covetous thoughts. Might I suggest something more akin to this? Rings of wood, each to represent the virtues you seek to build New Camelot upon and equal on all sides.”

"That... is actually brilliant." Kay grinned, leaning over to press a kiss to the top of her head "Already sounds a lot better than last time. I mean, yes, the table was round, but... not quite equal, you could say. For one, there was Arthur, so his seat ended up being the head of the round table anyway... and then there was Galahad." he sighed, rolling his eyes at the name. "The bloody seat had some kind of magic on it that only allowed one perfect knight to sit on it." It had been a complete mess from the start.

"I like the rings a lot better already. But... what kind of wood would we need for them?"
PM
^
☽ FAIRY GODMOTHER
 Posted: Mar 16 2018, 09:26 AM

Kay readily agreed that there hadn’t been much willingness to yield among the knights of old Camelot and Desi couldn’t help but smile. It was an admirable trait in anyone…so long as it was in moderation. But too much of it tended to breed conflict, especially in groups of competitive, ambitious people. Which warriors, as a general rule, were wont to be. And when you added magic to the mix - even the passive magic most natural materials held – trouble was all but certain to follow. Her knight really must’ve had his hands full, back in the day.

She could feel his eyes on her as she wove her magic into her little model and it made her blush a bit. It wasn’t something she was especially used to, having someone take a genuine interest in her magic and how it worked. Particularly not this aspect of it; it came to her more naturally, but it was the other that most people cared about. The part that allowed her to tend desires and longings. It had never bothered her, really, but it certainly provided a stark contrast now and allowed her to be acutely aware that Kay cared about her, valued her knowledge and talents, and wanted to know Desiree rather than the fairy godmother. It kind of took her breath away.

As did the smile he gave her and the kiss he placed among her curls, turning her quite pink and making her forget how lungs worked for a very long moment. Brilliant? “Do you really think so?” Her wings fluttered rapidly at the praise and she bit her lip to hold back a giggle that would be much too high pitched if she allowed it to escape. A part of her hadn’t been sure how receptive he would be to her idea, even though he’d been the one to solicit her opinion. So to hear that he liked it...it was an immense relief and quiet heartening, don’t you know? “There’s really no way around Arthur’s seat having added weight; none that I can think of, anyhow. Balance there will have to be attained in how he and whomever takes up the mantle of Knight of Camelot regard each other. Enchantments, however…all or none, wouldn’t you agree. After all, the notion of only the most virtuous is not a bad idea, in and of itself. But it would have to be done correctly, with every seat, or else none at all. That sort of magic is beyond my capabilities, however.”

She held her disc up to the dappled sunlight that filtered through the trees, turning it in her hand. “What wood indeed. Ideally, it would be best if we already had your knights. Then I could chose woods that would complement and balance their tempers. As it stands, though…a centerpiece of birch, to symbolize the rebirth this new Table represents, and an outer band of rowan. Hazel and apple woods are good, too. Blackthorn. But never hawthorn. It causes more harm than good.” She sighed, rising to kiss him lightly. “Beyond that, it would really depend on what exactly you want this new kingdom to stand for.”

To: TAMMY SIR KAY || Words: 529 || Notes: So many kinds of trees.

PM
^
☽ SIR KAY
 Posted: Mar 17 2018, 09:46 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

>>“Do you really think so?”

Kay might not have been very fond of magic, but he could respect anyone who knew what they were doing. And Desi definitely knew what she was talking about. Which is why it surprised him that she reacted to his comment with such glee. He did like the idea of not splitting the Table into slices. It made sense. If she was right, it would eliminate quite a few problems.

>>“There’s really no way around Arthur’s seat having added weight; none that I can think of, anyhow. Balance there will have to be attained in how he and whomever takes up the mantle of Knight of Camelot regard each other. Enchantments, however…all or none, wouldn’t you agree. After all, the notion of only the most virtuous is not a bad idea, in and of itself. But it would have to be done correctly, with every seat, or else none at all. That sort of magic is beyond my capabilities, however.”

"I'd be fine without piling on extra enchantments." Kay sighed with honesty "Everyone can pull up a chair and get down to doing actual work. That's the whole reason the Table is round, anyway."

The Table was a symbol, but it did not do the actual work. That was done by the people sitting around it. And instead of playing magical chairs and using enchantments to call the seats, he really wanted the knights to focus on the mission this time. There was no place for bickering when they were trying to make the world a better place.

>>“What wood indeed. Ideally, it would be best if we already had your knights. Then I could chose woods that would complement and balance their tempers. As it stands, though…a centerpiece of birch, to symbolize the rebirth this new Table represents, and an outer band of rowan. Hazel and apple woods are good, too. Blackthorn. But never hawthorn. It causes more harm than good.”

Kay smiled a little as he listened to her. There would be no final decision until they had at least some of the knights chosen (and, ideally, Arthur awake). But she seemed excited, and she had good ideas for how to make it better the second time around. Desiree leaned up and kissed him lightly, which distracted the knight from the whole topic altogether.

>>“Beyond that, it would really depend on what exactly you want this new kingdom to stand for.”

"Common sense." Kay sighed, wrapping an arm around Desiree's waist. "But I'll settle for justice, or peace, or something of the sort." he added with a chuckle, looking down at her. "I'm glad to have you helping. It makes me feel like I'm not doing all this alone."
PM
^
☽ FAIRY GODMOTHER
 Posted: Mar 19 2018, 08:03 AM

It didn’t really surprise her that Kay opted for the ‘none’ course of action in regards to enchanting the future knights’ seats; she knew her knight fairly well she liked to think and it was hardly a secret that he was…hesitant…when it came to all things magic. For good reason, to be sure, for it had wrought its share of havoc in the days of Camelot. At least, that was her understanding. But he didn’t dismiss it entirely – for which she was very glad – and understood that it had its place and uses. Surprisingly well, for one so recently inducted into the world of magical beings, in fact. “That’s probably for the best, actually. Too much magic concentrated around one object is just asking to tempt trouble, don’t you know?” And she had a suspicion that there would be a lot more magic present than there had been the first time around.

She was more than happy to snuggle up next to him when he looped his arm around her waist, smiling at his words. “I’m pretty sure we can figure out a good combination that fits the bill and also isn’t a monstrosity. Or an eyesore, which is always a risk when you mix materials.” She strongly suspected that was the sole reason humans had developed stains and varnish. Wood was hardly consistent, after all. But she would see to it that this new Table had at least a decent aesthetic because nowhere was there a rule that a thing couldn’t be both practical and visually pleasing.

Her smile broadened as he looked at her, blushing lightly. “I’m glad to be helping.” And she was very glad that he didn’t feel like he was on his own. She remembered, that night of their second encounter, how lonely he had seemed and that had made her feel very sad for him. This Kay was much better; happier and warmer, and she had a part in making that happen. It was really a wonderful feeling, fluttery and tingling. “Whenever you need it, I’ll always be there to help you, Kay. I know Camelot is important to you and you’re…well, you’re important to me.”

To: @TAMMY @SIR KAY || Words: 362 || Notes: If you need me, call me~

PM
^
☽ SIR KAY
 Posted: Apr 1 2018, 08:47 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

It sounded like they could make the new Round Table better than the original. Kay liked that plan. There was no use starting a New Camelot if they were going to repeat the same mistakes that had been made before. And now he knew better, and knew whom to ask for help. In a way, the other Guardians were something Arthur did not have the first time around. People who were like him.

>>“That’s probably for the best, actually. Too much magic concentrated around one object is just asking to tempt trouble, don’t you know? I’m pretty sure we can figure out a good combination that fits the bill and also isn’t a monstrosity. Or an eyesore, which is always a risk when you mix materials.”

"We definitely don't want to be ugly" Kay smirked. As far as he was concerned, the darn thing could be ugly as sin, as long as it seated enough knights and did not wobble. But yes, making it look regal was definitely a plus.

>>“I’m glad to be helping. Whenever you need it, I’ll always be there to help you, Kay. I know Camelot is important to you and you’re…well, you’re important to me.”

Kay smiled as Desiree leaned against him. He liked holding her. She was also a serious distraction from his work, but for now, he could allow for that. And he had never been told before that he was important. Not like this, for himself, anyway. "You are important to me too" he muttered, leaning in to press a kiss to her lips. "So, are you going to tell me what is so special about the dates?"
PM
^
☽ FAIRY GODMOTHER
 Posted: May 4 2018, 08:26 AM

He was teasing her. A little bit. She could see it in his smirk and the little crinkles it made around his eyes, and she just couldn’t help smiling in turn. Of course, he wouldn’t care what the Table looked like, so long as it was round, sturdy, and didn’t leave half the occupants with back problems whenever it was moved. His tastes were simple that way, and it really was a rather endearing trait, don’t you know? Rare, too, in a way. A great many people were so easily dazzled with pretty things, regardless of quality. “Well, good sir, you need not worry. I’ve never made an ugly thing in my life and I’m certainly not about to start now.”

The playfulness of her smile softened to something more serene as he caught her in a kiss with words that sent her heart fluttering twice as fast as her wings, and she hummed, swaying against him lightly. She liked this, she really did; being with Kay, being important to him…it made her happy in a way that was new and different than any other sort of joy. It made her feel special. He made her feel special.

He was also very, very sneaky.

It took a moment for his question to register, but when it did, she squeaked and her wings froze in alarm. Oh, she really didn’t want to tell him his very thoughtful gift had been very much a misunderstanding. It was just so sweet of him and the confusion behind it was really quite cute. But she couldn’t very well lie to him, even if she wanted to. Which she didn’t. She just also didn’t have the heart to tell him the truth.

For a somewhat too-long while, she blinked at him, owlish and dumbfounded, and then she recovered her smile, turning to wrap her arms around him. “They’re special because they’re from you, don’t you know? You put thought into them and that gives them meaning beyond anything they held before.”

To: @TAMMY @SIR KAY || Words: 336 || Notes: Kay, you sneaky

PM
^
☽ SIR KAY
 Posted: May 27 2018, 12:29 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Desiree hummed as she leaned against him. It was a warm feeling, something he very much treasured every moment, and also one that was already making him feel terrified that he'd make a mistake somehow. Kay was usually pretty confident when it came to doing work that needed to be done, but when it came to relationships... well. He could not help but notice the cautious look on Desi's face as he asked about the dates.

>>“They’re special because they’re from you, don’t you know? You put thought into them and that gives them meaning beyond anything they held before.”

Kay blinked, then sighed.

"Why do I feel like I made a mistake somehow..." he muttered, glancing at the basket. The modern world was complicated. "Well, at least they should taste good, huh?"
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.