Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

In the Gardens, Fairlee my child~
☥ FAIRLEE
 Posted: Jan 20 2018, 07:12 PM
Unknown • will-o-the-wisp • Innocence • Nomad

light on my feet ,
skipping through the meadows catch me if you can
Fairlee had not quite realized that her story was one that she would have been better off keeping to herself. She was not a perceptive being, having managed to keep her innocence for many centuries despite the knowledge she gained and the people she met. As a result, she could not know of the darkness that she had touched upon within the Mother of the Hearth. Instead, she only noticed the cheer of the flower buds and the seemingly kind words of Tanerys.

Kind words that she had not become mature or perceptive enough to realize were something else entirely. She made no comment upon the description of Persephone, merely smiling at the cheer of the flower buds. After all, she quite liked the Goddess. However, she did not see the Goddess as gracious. After all, she had slowly come to realize that others did not have to be part of her family and that family was a concept that was rather complicated...just a bit too complicated for her to truly understand at the moment.

Her attention became focused as the Mother of the Hearth began her story. She listened with the attention that only came of a youth who wished to hear and absorb that which was being told to them. For a short time, the story was nice despite the sorrow that came with it. However, it quickly gained a dark note. That which made it enjoyable did not leave, but that which grew and made Fairlee different could not help but question in silence. Her world was complicated after all. Living away from the simple world of the Seelie and Unseelie had formed a world that tended to shift between black and white to grey.

Part of her could not help but think that something incredibly wrong had happened to Aide, but she was intelligent enough to keep her tongue. "Yes," she said, "But it was enjoyable."

PM
^
☥ TANERYS RUADH
 Posted: Jan 30 2018, 09:54 PM
Olde • Fae • Superiority • Ireland

I WILL SET THE WORLD ON FIRE

It was, in a sense, a test. To see if the girl would ask...if she would question the awful aspects of her story. She knew she had spun darkness into her tale, and yer it was not questioned at all. Out of naive negligence, or genuine lack of notice, or instead did she fear the answer if she asked? The flower buds, sweet wildlings, clung to the Hearth Mother with soft coos of encouragement, chirping their agreement. Oddly the Mother of the Hearth felt...relieved, as though her freedom to discuss that dark moment of her life was….intoxicating. To confess...to be free to do so, and free of consequences...she had never been able to face that time before. But perhaps with this young one…

”I am glad to hear it. I am glad my story holds beauty. Though now, dear one, I wonder…” She smiled thinly, watching her flames upon her fingertips. ”Would you say that you liked it? You're free to think otherwise. Ah….and….if you wish….would you like to hear more? Not in this place…” She gestured to her Little ones fondly. ”Their ears are too sensitive for the rest. But in private... would you wish to hear more?” She could not dent the draw of a private confessional.

PMEmail
^
☥ FAIRLEE
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 10:38 PM

light on my feet ,
Fairlee was an innocent creature. Her mind was as young as any will-o-the-wisp's despite the significant differences between she and the others. However, like any youth she was not stupid. She was observant and curious, but capable of noticing when a subject was bad. Of course, bad subjects were, in her experience, rare. After all, she did not keep the company of many individuals who would be interested in asking her trick questions or bringing up cruel subjects. The spirits and people she spoke to usually realized that she was akin to a young child and thus sensitive.

This was not the same with the Mother of the Hearth. Fairlee had already recognized that the story she had been told was a bad one. What had happened to Aide was not good, but there were details missing. Did she want to hear more? Well, yes, but she was not sure if she wanted to go away. She had always been told to be careful where and who she went with after all. She did not want to wind up someplace bad. "Yes," she said after a moment. However, she quickly added, "We won't go far?"

PM
^
☥ TANERYS RUADH
 Posted: Feb 24 2018, 01:37 AM

The little one was quick to grow wary, but for that, the Mother of the Hearth reached out ever so subtly with her own natural aura of warmth and comfort. It was not a direct manipulation, so much as a gentle nudge that the mind should find comfort in her. She smiled softly, the flames dancing in her hair as she shook her head. ”Not far. Only so far that the little wildlings won’t hear. You are young and pure, but they are younger yet. They needn’t know such things.”

Truth be told, there was a second motive to this indulgence of hers; she had never felt her twin die, in the end, something that she viewed as strange. Aide was gone, certainly, but there was a small part to the Mother of the Hearth that wondered yet if perhaps the unseelie fae of fire was still alive, lost in the wilds she had been sent to. If any was to find her, a Wil-o-the-wisp surely could; the wildlings surely could, but Tanerys herself was bound never to seek Aide again.

Her sister could never know.

The hearth-mother gestured into the woods with a smile. ”There is a beach nearby, beyond the woods. It is warm and clean there, a quiet haven for two if we’d like.” It would be easier to talk of such things if Tanerys coudl be certain it was only the two of them. She could place a sound barrier around them without much suspect if they were isolated.

PMEmail
^
☥ FAIRLEE
 Posted: Feb 24 2018, 05:26 AM

light on my feet ,
Fairlee was a young creature, often untouched by the suspicions that came with age. It was only through the influence of others that she realized that there were some that she should be wary of, much like a child guided by a parent's hand. However, her wariness was brief, ebbed away by the other fae's natural aura. It brought about a feeling of comfort, something which the Spirit of Spring had long ago come to associate with trust. Had she been another she might have question its source, but the will-o-the-wisp was young and innocent.

Her brow furrowed. "Okay," she said. She paused, stopping to consider the offer to go to the beach. "Fairlee would like to go to the beach." Admittedly, the reason was somewhat selfish. She did not tend to stray towards beaches much unless she had business near them. After the type of life that she often dealt with usually only grew around them and hot sands were rarely a place she needed to be. Yet, that did not mean that she was not curious.

PM
^
☥ TANERYS RUADH
 Posted: Mar 7 2018, 10:38 PM

The allure of the Hearth-mother was a difficult thing to escape, even by powerful creatures; it could take the form of great desire, or even longing for friendship or motherhood. She was born to love others, a creature of charisma - yet it was love that she had been warned away from, and love that she had been starved of in her youth. She knew that now, as a woman - something that she had not known as a child. Her mother and father had not loved her; she was a tool for status, nothing more. But she didn’t loathe her parents for it. She - had her daughter been of Seelie blood - would much have felt the same. She learned the ways of mother and father, following their example.

How ironic that love should come so easily to her when she herself had little.

The Hearth-mother gave a soft smile and gestured to the wisp, eyes going to the little wildlings still bustling about. ”We must take our leave for now, darlings. But your mother will return.” She allowed that aura of homeliness to permeate around the little ones, giving them a gentle sense of familiarity before she gestured to the Spring child to follow. They would not go far, no, far enough so as to reach the lovely view by the waterfront and far enough to escape the ears of the wildlings. She took a deep breath, standing by the waterfront. ”I hope you don’t mind that I asked you away, darling. You are much older than they are, and I would hate to tarnish their innocence with sadness.” She gave a sympathetic smile. ”Truthfully I wonder if you might help me. The story I tell is a true one. I tell the story of a sister who was erased, but perhaps may still live. If you do not wish to hear me, darling, I will put this story away. The choice is yours.”

Her natural aura would entice the girl to want to help, but it was best that she believe it was wholly of her own will. Besides, she was a kind spirit...even without her natural glamour, the little wisp would probably want to hear.

PMEmail
^
☥ FAIRLEE
 Posted: Mar 8 2018, 06:41 AM

light on my feet ,
At best, Fairlee could only notice that speaking to the mother of the Hearth was a bit different than speaking to others. She likened it to when she had spoken to the goddess Persephone who had been quite kind and taken upon the spirit of Spring as if she were one of her own. Yet, even then there was something different. Motherhood was not something the wisp sought, as she believed that she had already gained such a thing. On the other hand, Fairlee was always open to friendship, to creating bonds with others to replace the forgotten bonds of a family she could not recall as a will-o-the-wisp that had been born of a stillborn child.

Yet, she had never understood friendship. The differences between it and a family were too complex for her still maturing mind. As a result, the effects of the other fae's natural aura went unnoticed, considered as something completely normal. Perhaps it would not have mattered had she noticed. After all, despite any uniqueness the youngling would never have been capable of throwing it off.

Tilting her head, she frowned and shook her head. "Help?" she echoed, capturing the word and rolling it around in her head. It did not take her long to come to a decision on the matter of hearing the rest of the story, though whether that was because of the aura or the fact that she had already made the decision previously was difficult to tell. "I would like to hear the rest...if you do not mind."

PM
^
☥ TANERYS RUADH
 Posted: Mar 22 2018, 10:11 PM

“If you do not mind”. A sweet young thing….she was a dear, after all, as pure as wildlings could be, untarnished by the clamour of the courts. True enough the court of light stood golden and tall with beauty at its center, but that beauty was fabricated, some brought by bathing in the blood of foes. Tanerys was well enough aware that the red she wore was just as much blood as it was fire. The world had tainted her darkly. She closed her eyes, smiling, reaching out with a hand to tap the youngling wisp’s shoulder with a finger fondly. ”Very good, then listen well. Look to me, little one”

She urged the young one to look to her eyes, though if she did or not was to the child’s decision, in the end. ”You shan’t repeat this story to any others, it is from me to you, dear, and no others. You understand?” The faint glowing of the marks upon her face meant little to those who were unfamiliar with her secondary power, the geasa; if the child had looked her in the eye, those words were a binding contract. Nothing harmful - but, she would not have this story repeated to the wrong folk. Wildlings were not aligned to the Seelie nor the Unseelie; she needn’t have her story told to those who sympathised with the enemy. But ah...now….

”There once were sister fae of the flame. Identical in all ways, the two were inseparable since birth. They brought happiness to the glory of their golden mother and father, high-standing in the Seelie society and well-respected. But one day, sister Aida’s flames became wild and bad, like the fire that could not be controlled - so different from the hearth flames that were gentle and warming. Sister Aida became dangerous, but mother and father could not have the truth be known. So, the other sister became both twins. During the day she attended her own classes, and during the night, she donned her sister’s name and took her classes in her stead. But it was not enough - keeping the wild girl with dangerous flames in their home meant that she could erupt at any moment, and the world would know the truth. So, mother and father had her sent away into the wild. A child, young and alone, sent into the wilds of the world. And her sister was the one to give the order.”

Such an ugliness she had never admitted, but now spoke to the child - but there was reason to it; she did not simply spill her story for the sake of her sorrows - guilt lived inside her, but there remained a purpose to her tale. She looked upon the girl carefully. ”It was presumed that Wild Aida died in the chaotic world, but her sister could still feel her heart. It is common, you know, for twins to feel for the other. This, then, is where I believe you may be of help, youngling.” Tanerys clasped her hands together, stepping back. ”I am busy as it stands - the Court Herbalist and healer, I am called into war on a moment’s notice. I cannot afford time to seek those faint pullings upon dear Aide’s heart, yet I wonder if she yet lives. If you see a fae of wild fire, ask her her name; and if she should speak it is Aide, I wish that you would tell her that her sister seeks an audience. Will you do this for me?”

PMEmail
^
☥ FAIRLEE
 Posted: Mar 23 2018, 05:33 AM

light on my feet ,
Danger was not something that Fairlee had ever been good at detecting. She had a fairly young mindset and most of her life revolved around her purpose as the Spirit of Spring. As a result, this left her far more unaware than any other nature inclined being to the dangers that the world had to offer. It did not particularly help that many of those that she spoke to often found themselves lacking for proper answers or reluctant to give them when the truths that she needed.

Nonetheless, innocence was often something that could be as helpful as it could be dangerous. With her guard down, Fairlee had little reason not to listen to the Mother of Hearth. However, she was much a child. Her gaze didn't meet the other fae's. Instead, it flitted about, unfocused and searching as children's often were.

Though the other fae could not know it, she worried for nothing and magic was hardly needed to close the lips of one with a youthful soul. Fairlee understood the notion of a secret, though she could not recall being told one many times before in the past. She might have come to know many people, but she had never grown to be particularly close to many of those individuals. People did not tend to divulge secrets unless they trust someone not to tell.

Attentively, she listened to the truth that was revealed to her. The Mother of Hearth's natural aura allowed the wisp to feel like she should trust the other despite how little time they had been around each other. However, her mind was not swallowed and Fairlee found herself detecting a great wrong with the story before her. As a wildling who had never grown up around other fae, she was largely uninfluenced by the ideas of both Seelie and Unseelie. Instead, she had come to be influenced far more beliefs that tended to be preached by nature spirits, ones which spoke of the natural order to the world. The idea that a flame could be wrong because it was dangerous sounded foolish. Fire was dangerous; it was within its nature to be so. It was why one was warned against getting close. To be too close meant one might be burned. In contrast, a controlled flame was exactly that: controlled. It was made to help, but it was not how fire was. Instead, it was an element taken and shaped so it could be useful.

Fairlee was kind to the point of naivety, but she was certainly not stupid. Instantly, she thought the parents stupid and though it was difficult part of her disapproved of the Mother of the Hearth's actions as well. Yet, she did not hate the woman and perhaps she might not have hated her even without the influence of the other fae's aura. Children, she had long come to learn, were fairly foolish creatures who followed at the whims of their parents, sometimes even if it lead them to death.

She considered the query for a short amount of time, far shorter than she usually would have. "I can do that," she said. It was a simple request and sounded fairly harmless...so long as it only involved her asking.

PM
^
☥ TANERYS RUADH
 Posted: Apr 17 2018, 10:17 PM

The little one did not meet her gaze, but, Tanerys was not so concerned. It would be a…boon if she did, of course, but not necessary. There was little doubt in her mind that the child would heed her words even without incentive; she was a pure thing, after all. So while she might have forced another to meet her gaze, this child she felt little incentive to do so. Though...child…..she wondered at that. Certainly she was not a child any longer, though her mind remained to be so….that was rather fascinating.

It was, perhaps, only the wildlings to whom the Mother of the Hearth could pour her heart. After all, they were the ones who were untouched by the ideals of either realm of fae; the light, valuing beauty, or the dark, valuing fearsome power and trickery. Wildlings were neutral in their disposition - some would lean more toward one than the other, but this little one seemed to have even less affiliation than the others - therefore, it was truly a neutral sounding board to which she poured her heart, her emotions allowed to freely fly.

It was….liberating, to be able to speak of those sins, the ones she - as a child - had simply accepted as normalcy; that even now, she accepted for what they were, as a part of her culture. But all the same, she recognized the wrongness - saw the need to see those emotions to light, finally. A confession she had never been allowed to make, finally released from her shoulders. She closed her eyes, giving a gentle nod as the youngling fae accepted her request. But, her words had been short - there was no forward action, no apparent desire to continue the conversation from the other, if she had so few words to speak. Or perhaps that was her own delusion.

”I suppose….” she breathed, letting her hands clasp together, ”that is all I wished to tell you. I’ve never been able to before. Not when I work so closely with the Seelie. To them it is simply normalcy….as it is to me. Yet I knew it was wrong and could not admit my sin.”

PMEmail
^
☥ FAIRLEE
 Posted: Apr 20 2018, 09:44 PM

light on my feet ,
Tanerys was not wrong in her pondering over Fairlee's age. The will-o-the-wisp was over a millennium old, an age that most would have likely not guessed due to her mannerisms. However, she had been largely sheltered as a wildling, possessing few concrete companions outside of nature and the spirits that she had come to know quite well over time. Moreover, she had been born in a manner that had been far more well known in Scandinavia, having come to be after she had died as a stillborn human. From the moment she had come to be, she had been an innocent creature and it had managed to stay due to her tendency to keep away from humanity and keep to neutrality.

For a brief moment, there appeared to be only silence. Fairlee received only a nod. Tilting her head, she looked at the other fae in curiosity. Yet, it was the Mother of the Hearth who broke such silence before the wisp could consider doing so.

She frowned and straightened herself slightly. Dark tresses that had become so light in their translucency that they appeared almost blonde spilled about her as she did so. "Then I am glad you told me," she said lightly, "Everybody should have someone that they can talk to after all." It was an innocent notion only in that she did not wholly understand why others could not sometimes speak about their feelings. After all, it seemed like a simple enough task to her.

PM
^
☥ TANERYS RUADH
 Posted: Apr 24 2018, 07:00 PM

Everyone should have someone…..

What a truly innocent notion.

Tanerys smiled sweetly at the child, tilting her head, vibrant red spilling over her shoulder as flames danced through it like sunlight. She reached over and gently touched the child’s shoulder, giving it a gentle pat. ”You are very kind to listen. Just as all should have someone to talk to, it is very rare for others to listen to a stranger’s tale. Remain innocent, little wisp.” She certainly held fondness for the darling, but she understood she couldn’t keep this one; whiel humans could be taken home, wildling fae were too risky - if even a trace of unseelie were found on her, she would be exiled or worse. Best then to keep this pet as she was, here safe in the gardens. A wild child to remain free.

Like her, only...with a fate not so tragic.

Tanerys looked up then, giving a soft sigh. She could feel a change in the air, and she knew it was time to go….ah, but that was too bad. She would ahve liked to stay a while longer. She sighed airily, standing fully and drawing a hand through her hair. ”Now little one, I must be on my way I’m afraid. But I think I should like to see you again. Where is it you usually dwell, that I might find you? Perhaps I shall treat you to song and dance one day.”

PMEmail
^
☥ FAIRLEE
 Posted: Apr 29 2018, 06:36 PM

light on my feet ,
Tanerys' compliment was not a foreign one. Fairlee had been told by individuals that others would have likely warned her away from that she was kind and told that she should keep to the nature that she was. Such words had once left Krampus when she had encountered the man in a chance meeting. Innocent to her very core, she had not taken to judging him and been complimented for it. As a result, a smile crossed the wisp's face in regard to the Mother of Hearth's words. "Is it?" she mused, the question more of a thought than a query. Living within her own bubble, she rarely crossed paths with people who did not want to listen.

Nodding, her expression became thoughtful as she considered the question. By all rights, the Spirit of Spring was a nomad. As a wildling, she technically had no home. Moreover, her work as the Spirit of Spring often had to move due to the change of seasons. A question in regards to where she could be found was difficult.

"I tend to keep to North America and Europe when the seasons need to be changed," she said, "Though mostly America. Europe already has a lot of people." It was something she had come to realize after meeting Persephone. "But...Fairlee travels in Mother Nature's Forest often and can be found there." It did not cross her mind that the other fae would not have an idea as to what she was talking about.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.