Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

What's this? What's this?, Fairlee / Cloves
☥ CLOVES
 Posted: Mar 2 2018, 08:13 PM
32 • Satyr • Curiosity • Mother Nature's Forest

Cloves' ventures into the exciting world of mortals were getting longer and therefore even more exciting. While it all began with watching from afar, catching glimpses and shreds of sounds, an picking up an intriguing object or two, the bolder the young Satyr got, the better the rewards became. There was that bag of shinies the other day, what fun! And now he was off again, to find something even better.

He found it in a park. Someone must have left it. Something was telling Cloves that he should return it to the owner, but after jogging up and down along the tree line and the hedges, he could not spot a single person, child or adult. He told himself that he would return the Thing later, and place it right where he found it, in case someone was looking for it. But for now, he scurried away to a nearby elder bush, and crouched down, ready to explore.

It was a bag of sorts. He had seen people walk around with them, the two straps on their two shoulders. Very convenient. But what really got Cloves excited was the possible contents: He always wanted to know what humans carried on their backs! Was it food? Clothing? Magical objects?... All of the above?...

Cloves made an impatient sound as he struggled with the zipper. What marvels awaited inside?...
PM
^
☥ FAIRLEE
 Posted: Mar 3 2018, 04:34 AM
Unknown • will-o-the-wisp • Innocence • Nomad

light on my feet ,
skipping through the meadows catch me if you can
It was not an unusual occurrence for Fairlee to travel through Mother Nature's Forest. After all, the many entrances allowed the Spirit of Spring to an easy way to escape from somewhere should a situation become ill or the weather too cold. With the weather caught in the time where things were still bitterly cold but slowly becoming warmer she slowly found herself traveling away from the warmer parts of the world that she tended to take refuge within while Jack Frost- and many more, she supposed- did his work. After all, bringing out Spring was a gradual process.

Flitting through the forest the will-o-the wisp meandered about, keeping mostly to herself. It was only once she spotted an individual- one of the individuals who lived here, perhaps?- of an almost suspicious countenance that she found herself distracted. The little light flitted about, following the satyr. Keeping some form of a distance, the will-o-the-wisp caught him looking over what appeared to be a bag but she found the distance too great to make out everything.

As he struggled, Fairlee found her curiosity getting the better of her. Flickering into a youthful girl with a ghostly appearance she floated closer. "What are you doing?" she asked curiously.

TAMMY ||
PM
^
☥ CLOVES
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 02:18 PM

>> "What are you doing?"

Cloves looked up, and immediately forgot about his latest discovery. The wisp-like shining figure looked at him curiously, and the Satyr looked straight back, enthralled. He had met all kinds of magical creatures in Mother Nature's forest; that in itself was nothing new. In fact, it was more normal than if he had met a human. But she was... pretty! And so... unique.
And talking at him.

"I found this." he said, pointing at the backpack "I wanted to see what's in it."
PM
^
☥ FAIRLEE
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 06:53 PM

light on my feet ,
The satyr did not answer immediately. Instead, there was a beat of silence that purely involved him staring. Tilting her head to the side, she eyed him with quiet confusion. It was only once she was about to speak again that he seemed to have found his tongue.

Her eyes flickered to the backpack. Immediately confusion coloured her expression. She had never seen someone magical possess such an item before. In fact, it looked a bit more like some of the things she had seen in the human world. "Where did you get that from?" she asked, "That's not a magical; it is a human...bag." The title for the item seemed good enough as she had never come across the actual name.

TAMMY ||
PM
^
☥ CLOVES
 Posted: Mar 11 2018, 02:40 PM

She looked curious. Cloves had a feeling that she, being a magical creature, had the same kind of curiosity for human things as he did, so he settled down again, working the zipper thing on the bag.

>>"Where did you get that from?"

"I found it in a park." Cloves explained "Somebody left it. I wanted to see what's in it. Then I think I'll take it back."

Unless it was edible. Cloves had recently discovered human sweets, and he was a fan.

>>"That's not a magical; it is a human...bag."

"I think a human left it" Cloves nodded "I just... don't know how it opens. Do you know?"

He had seen the zippy things before, when he watched humans from a distance; but up close, the whole thing was a lot more confusing. And a little frustrating, knowing that it was the only thing standing between him and the treasures of the bag.
PM
^
☥ FAIRLEE
 Posted: Mar 11 2018, 07:45 PM

light on my feet ,
Fairlee mulled over the explanation. She knew what a park was. They tended to vary in what their environment was like; however, she normally avoided the ones that were too entrenched in the city unless Spring was coming and work needed to be done. There was usually too much...city about them and some of them weren't even real when it came to the nature side.

A satyr in a park seemed a bit odd. "How did you go unnoticed?" she asked. She wasn't entirely sure if he could have simply walked in unnoticed, as many other magical beings tended to. However, it seemed a bit dangerous if he either could not or even if he could as there was always the stray individual who could believe.

She nodded at the explanation of eventually taking it back, too short-sighted to realize that such a plan might not actually work. Her gaze flickered to the bag before she zipped around him so she could have a better view. "How are you trying to open it?" she queried. she had some experience with these things, having met and been around humans before. Besides, she was sure that the other was just doing something wrong, something simple.

PM
^
☥ CLOVES
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 05:55 PM

>>"How did you go unnoticed?"

Cloves blinked in surprise and looked up at the girl again. He had been careful not to run into any humans; they were scared of magical beings, as far as he knew, and it was not allowed to bring them to Mother Nature's forest anyway.

"I... waited until no one was around?..."

One day, he might be surprised. But so far, he was doing quite well, with the hiding.

>>"How are you trying to open it?"

Cloves shrugged, and went back to poking at the zippy thing. It was made of two halves that fit together, but no matter how he tried to pry them apart, they seemed to be stuck somehow. He turned the bag upside down, but that did not really help either.

"Have you opened one of these before?" he looked up at the girl "Do you know much about humans?"
PM
^
☥ FAIRLEE
 Posted: Mar 12 2018, 10:20 PM

light on my feet ,
Fairlee tilted her head at the explanation. It took a moment, but she eventually found herself deciding that it was a satisfactory answer. No doubt he had come across a small park that didn't have many people. As such, it had likely been easy to wait for humans to trickle away and get by unseen.

Her gaze flickered to the bag after he shrugged. A frown immediately made its way to the Spirit of Spring's face as Cloves began to try and pull it apart. "You are doing it wrong," she said decisively, "You do not pull it. You use that." She pointed at the zipper flap.

She perked up at the question. "No, but I have seen humans do it," she explained. "Fairlee has been around humans a lot because of her work as the Spirit of Spring."

PM
^
☥ CLOVES
 Posted: Mar 16 2018, 05:11 PM

>>"You are doing it wrong. You do not pull it. You use that."

Cloves abandoned his plan trying to pry apart the zipper, and pulled on the flap instead. It didn't do anything at first, but then seemed to move, and to Cloves' absolute delight, the bag finally opened. The shining girl was right.

>>"No, but I have seen humans do it. Fairlee has been around humans a lot because of her work as the Spirit of Spring."

"Fairlee? That's you?" Cloves asked curiously, even though his attention was divided between the girl and the treasures of the bag. He paused a moment, deciding to focus on the more interesting of the two "You are the Spirit of Spring?"
PM
^
☥ FAIRLEE
 Posted: Mar 16 2018, 09:20 PM

light on my feet ,
Fairlee watched as the satyr listened to her advice, slowly managing to open the bad. However, her gaze flickered back to the other as he spoke up. "Yes," she chirped happily, "I am Fairlee, the Spirit of Spring." She eyed the satyr for a moment before realizing that he had not introduced himself. "Who are you?"
PM
^
☥ CLOVES
 Posted: Mar 16 2018, 09:25 PM

The bag was open now, but there was also a new person right in front of Cloves; someone magical, and shiny, and someone who knew how to open human bags. That was definitely worth his attention.

>>"I am Fairlee, the Spirit of Spring. Who are you?"

"I am Cloves" Cloves answered, waving a hand at the Spirit of Spring. It was exciting, to meet her in person. Cloves loved spring. It smelled nice and it was cheerful and bright. "I live here. In the forest. But sometimes I like to go out an explore." he added, pointing at the bag. Poking it open a little, he peered inside, as if he expected something to jump out. Nothing did. "You want to look?"
PM
^
☥ FAIRLEE
 Posted: Mar 16 2018, 09:35 PM

light on my feet ,
Fairlee mouthed the name, attempting to memorize it. It was an odd one, but not particularly complex when compared to the many other names that she had heard before. As such, it not take much time to focus to keep it in mind.

Her gaze focused on Cloves as he mentioned that he lived in the forest. She looked around with particular interest. She had been in the forest many times before, but she could not recall meeting any of those who lived within it before. Then again, she did not keep to the habit of making stops when she traveled through it.

Her lips curved into a bright smile. "Sure!" she said before floating over closer to peer into the bag.

PM
^
☥ CLOVES
 Posted: Apr 5 2018, 02:31 PM

Cloves managed to work the zipper open; so now there was nothing standing in the way of their curiosity. They introduced themselves to each other, and then turned their attention back to the bag that held all kinds of secret human things. Cloves leaned over it, some of his hair falling into his face, and reached in curiously.

The first thing he found was books. He pulled them out of the bag and held them curiously in his hands. He had seen them before, they were kind of heavy, and allegedly full of... human things. He looked at Fairlee curiously, offering her to take a look.
PM
^
☥ FAIRLEE
 Posted: Apr 6 2018, 02:41 AM

light on my feet ,
Fairlee immediately brightened as Cloves began pulling things out of the bag. Recognition took over her face at the sight of a book. "A book!" she said cheerfully, happily accepting the tome, "I have seen one of these before." Her brow furrowed. "Though...I can't understand what is in it." She looked at the other with an open expression. "Can you read?"
PM
^
☥ CLOVES
 Posted: Apr 21 2018, 08:43 PM

Cloves handed his first find to Fairlee, and then fished out a couple more. They varied in size and color, but they were all fascinating none the less.

>>"A book! I have seen one of these before."

"Me too." Cloves nodded. He had seen people carrying them, from a distance. He also gathered the idea of what they were for, although the details eluded him. Satyrs were primarily an oral culture, so the idea of committing thoughts and stories to symbols was a strange one for Cloves.

>>"Though...I can't understand what is in it. Can you read?"

"No" Cloves shook his head, curls bobbing "I wish I could learn. I wonder what all is put into the books. I know some of them can be magic. Doing magic from a book, huh? Sounds weird...."
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.