Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Painkiller, tag Roman
❂ DR. T.N. ROMAN
 Posted: May 16 2017, 07:14 PM
~100+ • Cursed Human • Pacifism • Wanderer

TAGGING: SNOW WHITE
NOTES: Time for some doctoring
ALL THE LONELY PEOPLE, WHERE DO THEY ALL COME FROM?
Honestly, as he checked the patients more and more, Roman recognized that the healing was having not only a fascinating effect on the patients, but that the healing was coming quite a bit from the patients themselves--the magic or divine power--whatever it might be--was encouraging the body to heal naturally. It was quite clever, especially for one who may want to remain discreet--bodies did not just heal immediately, but they could take a turn for the better. He was concerned though--did not magic have a price at some point? He wondered if it was merely unending or if Miss Margaretha would need to rest or gain more... energy at some point. The latter made her sound like a machine, and that was certainly not Roman's intent but... well, despite being familiar with wizardry and spells, he had never understood it as much as he had come to understand sciences.

Of course, perhaps what the doctor understood the least was children--or at least how to placate them. The boy would soon wake the whole ward if he was not settled. Roman shuffled out of the way as the angel came to his side and hoped she would fare better than he. The boy didn't seem to notice her at first, but once the little wisps of light appeared, he seemed to calm--at least tears weren't falling from his eyes anymore. He looked a bit harder and found he could see the outline of an angel. He blinked at this revelation and looked from the plague doctor to the angel and back again.

"Are you two... ghosts?" Malib asked. Or at least, that was what Roman believed he said--his Arabic was a bit underdeveloped. The doctor merely chuckled, "We are doctors and we are here to help you." He reached inside his feathered cloak and retrieved a handkerchief which he pressed into the boy's hand along with the honey stick, "Dry those eyes now. You'll be alright."

Malib had tired himself out a bit, and once he had patted his face dry, he was soon asleep again. Such a thing wasn't so suprising--he was ill and still needed to rest. The doctor only gave a great sigh, "Ah... sometimes I wonder if I should find a different mask... but I suppose I would look no less frightening." He looked to the angel and tried to sound a bit more cheerful, "Ah, now, Miss Margaretha. Have you already attended to all of the patients here?"

ALL THE LONELY PEOPLE, WHERE DO THEY ALL BELONG?

PMEmail
^
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: May 16 2017, 08:29 PM
491 • Archangel/Former Human • Purity • Nomad

she's a little bit of heaven with a
wild side
Thankfully, her magic had the effect that Snow had been hoping for. She knew that magic was not always well received However, children tended to be far more innocent than adults even in the worst of times. This was merely one example of such an occasion as Malib had quieted and focused his attention upon the two of them, his gaze a bit sharper as if he could see her slightly.

Her brow furrowed slightly. Her Arabic was quite poor in comparison to other languages she knew. Most of her time as an immortal had been spent in Haven and there had been only so much she had needed to learn. In contrast, she had only been on Earth for about a century. There was still a great deal to learn and she did not normally interact with the people here. Learning the language had never been something she had considered.

Perhaps she should change that one day.

She turned her attention to Doctor Roman once more before shrugging. "Most are not familiar with the appearance of a plague doctor," she said casually. Moreover, masks tended to hold...negative connotations unless one were within a festive setting. There were exceptions, but most tended to associate them with the worst. Well, that or child's face.

Absently, she hummed. "To my knowledge, yes." She offered him a smile. "You have been quite helpful, doctor."

words: many
outfit: n/a
tag: Roman
notes: ...

SKEL
PM
^
❂ DR. T.N. ROMAN
 Posted: May 21 2017, 11:43 PM
~100+ • Cursed Human • Pacifism • Wanderer

TAGGING: SNOW WHITE
NOTES: Time for some doctoring
ALL THE LONELY PEOPLE, WHERE DO THEY ALL COME FROM?
As the child drifted off to sleep again, Roman seemed to calm and gave a great sigh. He could tell that Miss Margaretha didn’t understand the Arabic Malib had spoken, but such a thing was alright. He was calm, settled, and would heal. The doctor turned to the angel as she mentioned that a plague doctor was not well known and he gave a bit of an uneasy chuckle to that ”Very true…” He agreed, though he gave a wistful sigh, ”I do not think my other appearance would be any better though. And… these are the garbs of my people. Not… the people I was born to, but, even so, a clan that was important to me.” He tugged on the sleeves of his coat that was under the feather cloak, ”It… is a reminder of years past. Old men like me are often… nostalgic to a fault.” He turned and picked up his doctor’s bag and moved to the door.

Roman was quite content with the angel smiling and calling him helpful—even if he had frightened poor Malib, he supposed that in the end, he had taken her to save ten people, and… perhaps that was worth a tiny bit of praise. He gave a bit of a thoughtful hum, ”I suspect… unless your power is limitless, that perhaps we should retire for a moment? There is a small staff room that is just a few hallways down…” He paused, wondering what they had available, ”I could put on a bit of tea and warm up a scone for you.” That is, if she ate. He could honestly say that he knew nothing of the physiology of Angels…

ALL THE LONELY PEOPLE, WHERE DO THEY ALL BELONG?

PMEmail
^
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: May 22 2017, 10:32 PM
491 • Archangel/Former Human • Purity • Nomad

she's a little bit of heaven with a
wild side
Doctor Roman's wording was vague; however, his words were not so strange that Snow was lost in them. If anything, she was positive that she completely understood what he meant. The notion of an adopted people- it was that, or at least something similar, which he spoke of. A rather nostalgic expression crossed the Archangel's face at the thought of it all for she understood far more than he might be able to comprehend. "I understand," she said. She was sure that it was akin to what she thought of Haven and those within. They were not her biological family. They could not be, for the family of Margaretha von Waldeck had been human and cruel. However, she loved them nonetheless and thought them as her family.

Despite her oath to kill no more, the people of Haven were probably among the only people that she would break that oath for and that oath was not a light thing.

She gave a small chuckle. "There are few beings who are limitless and I am certainly not among them." In fact, she doubted that there was a single being in existence who was limitless outside of God. She had met those who called themselves such- was in a relationship with such a being- and she doubted their claims. After all, how could an imperfect being be a god? "A rest would be welcomed." Though, she would prefer it be short. Snow White was the sort of woman who worried about others constantly and a rest that carried on would soon become the opposite.

She nodded at his offer before giving him a small smile. "Lead the way, doctor. You know this place better than I."

words: many
outfit: n/a
tag: Roman
notes: ...

SKEL
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.