our story started in the depths of the universe, where fairytales were born from starstuff and dark matter -- spirits of light and darkness, humans and monsters, fantastical creatures and godlike entities. after the nightmare king destroyed the galaxial golden age, the haven many of them sought was the planet earth. in a postmodern 2023 world, after centuries of dormancy, the beings of folklore and myth have arisen to take two sides, fighting for stark control over the good and bad in the world while the situation spirals ever more out of hand. mortality and sentience are becoming stagnant, redundant, ever more indistinguishable from belief and imagination; it is up to the immortals to inject their individual concepts back into the world, tap into the hearts of children and adults and each other alike, and finally merge the worlds of mortal and magic into one cohesive whole.
founded upon the dreamworks movie rise of the guardians and the book series guardians of childhood. register your accounts in all caps.
custom forum structure by black @ code. miniprofile by breeze blocks @ shine. rotb was founded and created by daemon. rise of the guardians and guardians of childhood belong to william joyce and dreamworks animation. all other content belongs to its respective creator.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Long Chai No Tea, Cirrus and Charles
✧ CIRRUS
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 05:00 PM
Rath
~50, appears 17 AGE
118 POSTS
Cloud
Imagination
Sky

Cirrus remembered her first visit to Haven quite well. She had no idea of its existence, and one day while moving clouds around, the tunnel simply formed on its own. She remembered peering through it for the first time, confusion, curiosity, and simple fear of the unknown intermingling at the sight of ground in the sky. She thanked whatever force compelled her to travel through the cloud tunnel that day, the day she met Charles Eden. He'd taken a shine to her, and now, she visited Haven frequently, either of her own volition or by invitation.

Today, she was dropping in unannounced, simply looking for some downtime after a long day of travelling. The cloud could only enjoy the scenery for so long before she started to get bored, and with no obvious signs of population nearby, she went to the one man she could always visit. In a manner that was becoming route, Cirrus pushed together enough clouds to form the magical tunnel that would bring her to the skies of Haven. She passed through, feeling disoriented for a brief moment as the pull of gravity shifted. She rolled until she felt 'upright' in the land of Haven, then started looking for Charles, who she guessed would be out roaming in the perfect scenery.

Her keen eyes spotted him quickly, out and about as she thought he would be. She giggled as she floated overhead, unseen for now. Cirrus assumed her human form then, and with a quick loop, began her descent, diving face-first down to her friend. She offered greetings to each of the clouds of Haven as she passed, but as always, there was a language barrier between herself and Eden's clouds. For whatever reason, she just could not speak to them, and they wouldn't speak to her, but she wasn't gonna stop trying! Just because they weren't her own children didn't mean she could be rude to them, after all!

At the last possible moment of her fall, Cirrus called out to Charles. "CATCH MEEEE!!!" she yelled through her own giggles. The very idea that she needed to be caught was just so funny, she couldn't help but laugh about it. She slammed right into him, her form exploding into wisps of cloud that were further scattered by her own tailwind, but her laughter never left the area. Her wisps bunched back together in front of the man, and she let herself teeter back onto the grass, sprawling her arms out and looking up at him. "Hi Charles!" she greeted with a sunny smile, "Whatcha doin'?"

CARMA :)
PM
^
✧ CHARLES EDEN
 Posted: Feb 16 2018, 10:40 PM
Carma
Unknown AGE
307 POSTS
Concept
Balance
Everywhere

clouds
I thought that I could rule the world

It was common for souls that had opted to become Angels to become confused when first they entered Haven. Regardless of their initial contract, there was always a jarring realization that it hadn’t simply been a fever dream - that the miracles granted were owed not to some strange phantom, but an overseer of the spiritual plane. He took care to explain their station to them, to class their roles and duties as an Angel. He took them out to the far reaches of Haven, so as to become acclimatized to the strangeness of the environment.

He was just venturing back from such guidance when a particular familiar little imp made her spectacular appearance.

The cloudling seemed to enjoy appearing from the sky and diving upon him from seemingly nowhere at all. She was a clever creature, disguising herself in her cloudy form only to drop from the skies upon him when he least expected it. But, this time at least she gave a cry of warning - and Charles turned in time to see the girl very, very near - far too near to move out of the way, and equally too near to be able to catch her. But, in the end, he didn’t need to catch her - she simply burst upon colliding with him, her weightless form reappearing moments later. Ah but...all the same she had made him tense up, wings flaring out with a sudden puff of white feathers, making the tails of his robes raise and then float back down once more.

Ah….impish little thing.

Never before had Charles met a sapient cloud until he became aware of a conscious presence within his world. It had not belonged to one of his Angels, nor to the Collective core itself; this entity was brand new, one he had never felt before. She had been a darling creature when she showed herself - young of spirit and chipper, a bubbly little one. Though immature, he quickly took a shine to the little one as he did most younglings. He had thought her to be a spirit at first, but she had corrected him quite quickly; ah, the mother of clouds….the clouds were her children. In that respect, they were similar beings. His Angels were his sons and daughters, after all.

Violet eyes glinted as he tilted his head in amusement, looking down at the now-sprawled excitable little cloud mother. He folded his hands neatly behind his back, standing straight and tall, his wings folding back once more. ”What am I doing?” he repeated idly, tucking loosened hairs behind his ear. ”Moments ago, I was contemplating. I was watching the mortal world.” Though his physical body was present here in this place, he could perceive the world below through the eyes of any human, any human possessed of a complete soul. It was how he commonly watched over them, beyond the use of his own Angels, of course. ”But it seems that someone chose to drop in upon me unannounced. Your manners are truly atrocious. But I suppose you’re darling enough to make up for it.” He reached out a hand, smiling down at the girl. ”Now what brings this wayward cloud to my home? Have you exhausted all other methods of entertainment that you must rely on me?”

It was all said with a gentle smile, fondness clear in his voice.

CIRRUS No joke I was gonna have him threaten to restrict how much sugar she's allowed
+
PM
^
✧ CIRRUS
 Posted: Feb 18 2018, 04:58 AM
Rath
~50, appears 17 AGE
118 POSTS
Cloud
Imagination
Sky

Cirrus beamed up at Charles. She was glad he wasn't busy right now. Sometimes he'd have an angel with him, and he'd tell her he couldn't play at that moment, but he never asked her to leave, and she always did her best to behave while he was busy. Usually she ended up napping somewhere, so behaviour wasn't really an issue anyway.

"Moments ago, I was watching the mortal world." She said seriously, trying to mimic his voice and accent."Nobody lives in northern Canada," she complained lightly, switching back to her own voice, "it's pretty boring looking at snow and trees all day, you know!" Beautiful scenery was nice and all, but the cloud needed constant distractions, and a tundra wasn't exactly the most diverse area to be floating over.

She pointed an accusatory finger directly up at Charles, "And your clouds still won't talk to me! You need to have a word with them, they're very rude. My clouds would never behave like that," she lectured, winking at him. She moved her hand, smoothing out a few of the ruffled feathers that she could reach. "So good thing my only choice is the best one! Besides, did you see how fast your reflexes were? Made your wings puff out and everything~" Maybe he didn't notice, because that was the point of reflexes. But she'd been diving in on him for years and years, and over all that time, Cirrus had noticed a definite improvement in his reaction time. Maybe one day soon he would finally catch her~

Cirrus looked at Charles' outstretched hand, placing hers in his. She held on tight, and her smile widened, because she knew what was coming next.

CHARLES EDEN
PM
^
✧ CHARLES EDEN
 Posted: Feb 19 2018, 11:16 PM
Carma
Unknown AGE
307 POSTS
Concept
Balance
Everywhere

clouds

There it was, that playful mimicry. The girl enjoyed mocking him...or perhaps it wasn’t mockery at all. But, regardless, he found it adoring and quite charming. But then, was that narcissistic? Not that it mattered immensely. He just gave a soft chuckle, shaking his head. ”It’s quite chilly there. Humans are very sensitive to that, you know. But, there are a few….not humans, but creatures live there; you need only look, my little cloudling.” Oh there was life...it was scarce, but it was there for those who sought it out. Of course, with her attention span….

No, she surely would not have the patience to watch for them. A shame, really. Wildlife was truly fascinating when observed undisturbed.

His eyes widened at the sudden accusatory jab in his face, and he gave a mock-scoff, staring up for a moment at the clouds high above them, simply going about their business. ”Won’t they, now? That is terribly rude...but you know...the skies do not answer to me. They are free to do as they would….it is not I who may teach them! Perhaps you simply don’t speak the same language?” He did often wonder about that….these clouds belonged to another world, separate from the mortal realm, and therefore separate from Cirrus. Perhaps speech between the two was lost. He had never met another cloud spirit - certainly none on this side- to know otherwise.

He allowed the cloud to play with his feathers - most would be told to let them be, for to touch the wings of a living thing was rather rude, quite in the same way as it was rude to suddenly poke someone in the face or the arm. But, she was a privileged creature who was allowed far more than most. ”One day, I will anticipate your fall and meet you halfway in the sky.” he answered, giving her hand a firm little squeeze. He waited until he felt her grip tighten, and then….

The gust of wind that propelled them upward was sudden, but the two were soaring, hand in hand, high into the sky. From here he could see far into Haven, across the crystal seas, the impossibly green grasslands, and over the hills, his own white palace. It would be easy enough to teleport them both there, but then….that was not quite so fun. He took them into a downward spiral towards the looming structure, humming. ”Shall we blast the doors wide open, or dive right through the window into the study?”

He often kept the window to the study open for precisely this reason.

CIRRUS DIVEBOMB THE WINDOW
+

PM
^
✧ CIRRUS
 Posted: Feb 20 2018, 07:36 PM
Rath
~50, appears 17 AGE
118 POSTS
Cloud
Imagination
Sky

All talk of Canada, silent clouds, and Charles' reflexes fell away as the world suddenly sprang into motion. One moment, Cirrus was lying on the grass, and the next, she was being trailed through the air. The only constant between the two moments was the ironclad grip the two shared during their ascent, but as they slowed, Cirrus slipped through Charles' fingers, quite literally. Her hand dissolved and reformed in an instant, just long enough for her to separate and begin flying on her own power.

Well, that wasn't entirely accurate. Her ability to fly depended on another's ability to fly. So long as she was close to them, she could match their speed, and use her own power to bend it somewhat, affording her a free range of movement around whoever she was borrowing power from. It was complicated, and Cirrus couldn't really explain how it worked, as it was just something she'd always been able to do. She spread her arms out as she flew next to Charles, banking slightly as they spiralled down over the picture-perfect landscape.

She hummed as they flew, a big smile plastered on her face as she enjoyed the clean air of Haven. There was no pollution here, and the air was all the sweeter for it. She wondered if Charles even noticed, but for the cloud, it made a world of difference. Their flight was a rather short one, Charles taking Cirrus through a few loops and rolls as they approached the white palace. "Is that even a question?" Cirrus asked, her voice easily cutting through the wind as she fixated on the open window. This was always her favourite part, because this was where she won.

Charles would need to slow down, and Cirrus pulled ahead of him as she cut herself from his power and allowed herself to recklessly pick up speed. She glanced back, waving as she put more and more distance between them. Her keen eyes picked out the small window she was aiming for, and with a few nudges of the air current, she should sail right through. Faster and faster she dropped through the air, her borrowed momentum from Charles easily carrying her across the distance, until finally, she barreled through the window with nothing more than a whisper of wind to announce her arrival. She slammed into the floor, form exploding exactly as it had earlier, reforming in Charles' favourite chair. The draft she carried with her scattered some loose papers, but Cirrus wasn't worried. Charles didn't usually leave anything important lying around.

With her hair all frizzed up, Cirrus waited for Charles to finally arrive through the same window. "I win again," she teased, giggling. She knew just how much of an advantage she had in a race like that, and it honestly wasn't fair, but the cloud didn't care. It was fun for her all the same.

CARMA
PM
^
✧ CHARLES EDEN
 Posted: Feb 21 2018, 12:29 AM
Carma
Unknown AGE
307 POSTS
Concept
Balance
Everywhere

clouds

He felt Cirrus slip from his fingers, but there was no concern in the entity’s heart; this was just another part of their game, how she would simply fly beside him once they were airborne. She required a bit of a boost, so to speak, to get going; once she was thrust into the air, though, she could fly as well as any other. Or...well, at least as long as she stayed near to him. He had learned that a long time ago. Her flight was entirely dependent upon his - or upon the angels. He watched her as she spread her arms out, as though she too bore wings. She probably didn’t need to do it, but found amusement in the childlike act. He, too, took fondness in her antics.

He allowed himself to face the sun, to absorb the light that shone on them - clean and fresh and crisp. There was no place like it on Earth - away from the poisons that humans filled their planet with. Having spent a time living on Earth, he certainly could say that the air was much more pleasant here, and the sun itself felt hotter. But to him...well he supposed it was nothing compared to how Cirrus must feel, if the childlike smile - so wide it must hurt - was anything to say. She lived high in the clouds, the clouds of earth that absorbed so much of the toxic pollutants left there by human waste production. This was truly a retreat for her, into someplace fresh and clean. He was glad.

Of course he should have known what her answer would be - never once had she turned down the window route, but then that was entirely the point. He veered upward, chuckling lightly and turning as he directed the two of them toward the open window. There wasn’t much of a breeze, but he could still see the drapes shifting slightly in what little movement the air provided. Soon they would be whipping wildly. Charles knew what was coming next - he flared his wings once more, allowing himself to slow down so as not to...ah….crash so wildly through the window. But dear Cirrus bulleted forward, entirely unfazed. She picked up speed, launching through the window with ease. Charles, for his part, landed more carefully on the perch outside of the window, more carefully stepping through. He could foresee her pout, telling him that he was boring for not diving through like her, but he was also much more a gentleman. He had standards to uphold.

He tsked, shaking his head. ”Cheeky, you are.” he murmured, fingers tapping on the back of the chair as he walked by, reaching out and ruffling her hair. ”Shall I make the victor a glass of iced tea, then? Or would you like something else to commemorate your victory?”

CIRRUS Okay these two are so cute jeebus
+
PM
^
✧ CIRRUS
 Posted: Feb 25 2018, 04:05 PM
Rath
~50, appears 17 AGE
118 POSTS
Cloud
Imagination
Sky

Cirrus' features scrunched up as her hair was ruffled, becoming all the messier for it. She lightly grabbed Charles' arm as he passed, using his momentum to to spin the chair enough for her to get up and follow him. "Yes, please!" she responded, having to only take a short moment to remember to say please. Cirrus didn't care a lot about manners, but she knew Charles did. He'd gone through the effort to teach her basic etiquette, so she went through the effort to use it. Until she left, at least.

Her messy hair fixed itself as she followed Charles, the stray strands puffing out, brown and cloud-like, giving her a cloud afro, if only for a moment before it settled back into her usual style. "What kinda teas do you have today?" she asked, marching along behind him. She knew Charles kept a lot of different kinds of teas, as he'd made her taste most of them at one time or another. She didn't really like them, especially not hot, but it had been a learning process for the both of them. She'd tried to drink her tea hot, but found it so unpleasant that she'd taken to waiting for it to cool down entirely before even trying it. Now, Charles always gave it to her over ice, which Cirrus loved. It made her favourite fruity flavours so much more refreshing and sweet!

"I'll get the cups!" Cirrus declared as they reached the kitchen, darting past Charles to get everything set up.

CARMA

someone get this girl a chill pill
PM
^
✧ CHARLES EDEN
 Posted: Mar 2 2018, 01:43 AM
Carma
Unknown AGE
307 POSTS
Concept
Balance
Everywhere

clouds

Ah, she had used her pleases and thank yous. Very good. She was a wild little one, but she was learning to behave herself more properly. She had really been something of a difficult child when first he met the cloud; certainly nothing like the refined ways that he himself practiced. She learned quickly, though - particularly when treats were offered as reward for good behaviour. She wasn’t quite a lady, but at least she behaved with enough class that the chair wasn’t in a constant state of whirling in circles while she sat in it. Not any more at least. Though she did still enjoy it - but, Charles hardly minded; he had come to find it somewhat endearing.

He chuckled as her hair poofed into a terribly frightful mound of brown cloud, only to deflate again to resemble hair - this time tidier, despite his meddling. He tutted, he’d worked hard to mess her hair like that! But, the talk of tea quite distracted him, as it ever did. Ah, what a charming and innocent question; what kind didn’t he have? He tapped his chin thoughtfully, stepping toward the large white cupboards up above the counter, opening them to reveal two tall cabinets filled with assortments of teas, each two rows deep. It was largely for show, as he could fill those little canisters with any sorts of teas he wanted at any time. He turned with a smile. ”I thought something sweet...raspberry, blackberry, mixed….fruit blends. Shall I surprise you? Or would you like to choose one yourself?”

He allowed the dear girl to start preparations for the table even as he set the kettle to boil. It was certainly faster as a joint effort. Though, to wait in silence….that wouldn’t do. He turned with a smile to the girl. ”Tell me, my little tricky cloud. What have you been getting up to of late?”

CIRRUS "How much trouble have you gotten into"
+
PM
^
✧ CIRRUS
 Posted: Mar 4 2018, 03:15 PM
Rath
~50, appears 17 AGE
118 POSTS
Cloud
Imagination
Sky

dare me to fly high
and i'll go even higher
Cirrus bounded into the kitchen, its stark white cabinets practically glowing in the sunlight pouring through the window. Every surface was kept squeaky clean, ready to be used at a moment’s notice, as was her friend’s standard. She paused in her task for a moment, watching as Charles opened the tea cabinet. She loved the part for two reasons. Maybe he didn’t know, but every time he opened that cabinet, his face lit up, just for an instant, and then reason two came along. A myriad of smells wafted out the open doors, slowly filling the room with a mixture of sweet and savoury scents.

”Surprise me!” She beamed, trusting his judgment. She could spend hours staring at the wall of teas and still not know which one to choose, and some of them had pretty hard names! How was she supposed to know orange pekoe didn’t taste like orange? Cirrus usually let Charles pick the flavours after that time, and he never disappointed her, though he always made sure to ask if she wanted something specific. She appreciated it, but found nothing wrong with leaving it to the master. Besides, she had an important job, too!

The cups were kept in a similar cabinet, out of Cirrus’ easy reach. A normal person would simply fetch a stepstool or something like that, but a cloud had no such restrictions. As she floated up to the cabinet and started picking out cups, she thought for a moment about Charles’ question. ”Hmmm, well- oops!” A cup slipped from her fingers, and the cloud flipped herself upside down to catch it, ”caught it, don’t worry!” She gently set the cups down on the counter, righting herself once more so she could get the saucers, too. ”Where to start? Santa accidentally hit me with his sleigh while I was napping and dragged me all the way back to his workshop, so I got to meet him!” She tapped her chin with one hand, setting the saucers down next to the cups with her other. She went to another cabinet, then, this one starting from the floor and reaching just as high as the elevated cabinets.

”I also met a little girl in Burgers, and she was dressed up like a cloud! She had a little button that would make it rain, too!” Cirrus reached into the larger cabinet, pulling out a small but deep bowl, a little ceramic lid keeping its contents fresh. With the all-important sugarbowl in hand, the cloud scooped up the other dishes, then tried to set the table as neatly as she could. She continued talking, unaware that she’d gotten the word Burgess wrong again. ”Oooh, and y’know how I need to make clouds every now and then? Well, I was doing that on a mountain, and this green-haired lady named Gaia showed up! Apparently she made the whole Earth! Isn’t that crazy?” She asked, her general excitement causing her words to pour out faster than they really needed to.

coded by blair of shine & ooc

CARMA its so obvious that she's completely forgotten xD
PM
^
✧ CHARLES EDEN
 Posted: Mar 14 2018, 10:27 PM
Carma
Unknown AGE
307 POSTS
Concept
Balance
Everywhere

clouds

The upward twitch of his lips was automatic, something that he could feel in the warming of his heart, but otherwise he remained blissfully unaware. He took in a deep breath as all the various smells filled the air, closing his eyes as he turned his head, catching Cirrus’ excited little exclamation. So, surprise her then. He wasn’t expecting her to choose in the end, she seemed to enjoy leaving things up in the air - both literally and figuratively. But that wasn’t a problem; Charles was rather good when it came to deciding on a complementary tea for his guests; he already knew the girl loved sweet treats the best, and fruity blends seemed to be her favourite. He had a good idea for today’s blend - one that he had acquired after a visitation to the human world inspired him. This was a delightful raspberry-lemon flavour, tart but ever so sweet. Ah….if there was anything he cared for perhaps as much as he did the balance of the collective, it was most certainly tea.

”A surprise it is, darling.” he chirped, pulling the canteen from the cupboard, along with one for himself - and two charming little tea infusers - one was cloud-shaped and silver, the other was shaped like a seashell. Which was for whom was clear of course - though the shell was his less for any symbolic reason and more simply because he’d liked the design. The cloud was new - he had seen it during his last trip and simply needed to have it for the girl. He hoped she would like it.

He jerked slightly at the exclamation of an oops, very nearly spilling the contents of the canteen all over his pristine floor. But...ah, the dear had simply knocked a cup from her hands and caught it upside-down. She was, if nothing else, swift with her reflexes. Though even if it had fallen, Charles could see it repaired. So long as no single fleck of matter from the cup was taken away, he could rebuild what once had been. He was neither adding nor removing anything - simply taking matter back to a previous state of existence. It was how he kept the kitchen so perfectly spotless, and how the light seemed to filter in from everywhere at once. At another hour, the light had shone through every other window - and so, kept in that state of existence, light continued to shine.

He quirked a brow at the mention of the northern bearded man. Ah….yes, the gift-giver, the jolly old Nicholas St. North, Santa Claus, Father Christmas, he had many names, and many knew him for his antics - a love of cookies and milk, his joyous laughter….though he’d never heard the man to hit others with his sleigh. She described him to be such a brute. He shook his head, listening for the kettle - the water wasn’t quite boiling yet - as he went about to fetch biscuits; after all, tea without biscuits simply wasn’t tea time.

He had to wonder where Burgers was - if that was misspoken, then perhaps she meant Burgess? Otherwise he had to wonder what burger-themed eatery she had been loitering about in and why. Charles set the biscuits aside - a plate with enough for the two of them - as the kettle began to hiss and screech. He walked over with the biscuits first, setting them down and exchanging to grab both of their cups - the dear had been kind enough to set them, but now they needed to be filled!

He very nearly spilled, though, at the mention of Gaia. Ah….so then, she had met…

He wondered if Gaia had spoken of….them. Not that it particularly mattered, but he anticipated questions if that was the case.

”Oh, my dear girl. Your life is quite an adventure. Though I certainly hope that North treated you kindly. He’s not a terrible ruffian from my recollection. Was he good to you? Though to Gaia….” He smiled, setting their tea down. ”Allow it to steep a while darling.” he murmured softly, taking a seat. ”Ah...Gaia. Yes, she was the one to create the Earth - or, one such being touted with such power. There are other creation spirits - all took part in its creation, but Gaia stands as perhaps the most well known, and thus, most powerful of their kind. I recall the Earth’s birth - at the time, I did not have a form you see. But when the Earth was made, and the creatures upon it took shape, I too made a shape for myself. It was Gaia who gave me a name, to begin with. The first name that I was known by, Khaos. I’ve told you I once went by that name. But…” He smiled, tilting his head. ”Charles is more pleasant, is it not? Easier for mortals to bear.”

CIRRUS DavidsTea is canon
+

PM
^
✧ CIRRUS
 Posted: Mar 31 2018, 06:33 PM
Rath
~50, appears 17 AGE
118 POSTS
Cloud
Imagination
Sky

dare me to fly high
and i'll go even higher
With Charles’ back turned, several sugarcubes disappeared into Cirrus’ mouth while she talked. She knew he didn’t approve of simply eating the sweet little cubes, he would always tell her that they were meant for tea and sometimes horses, but she didn’t see how horses would miss a few cubes here or there. So she snuck them whenever she could, now more for the game she’d made out of it than from an actual desire for sugar. The teas Charles usually gave her were sweet enough that she didn’t need extra sugar, but how else was she gonna beat her record of 13 cubes if she didn’t try?

The rules were simple. Rule 1. Never tell Charles about the game. Rule 2. Always be sneaky. Rule 3. The game is over when Charles noticed or she left. That last rule was what made it fun – Charles was a perceptive guy, and he’d been around much longer than Cirrus, giving her quite a challenge sometimes. Two more vanished to her clutches as he took the cups away to be filled, then she seated herself, ignoring the bowl for now. She probably had time to grab another one, but she was in for the long haul today, and greed had ruined good streaks in the past, so she was trying to be extra careful. She had all day, and Charles wasn’t busy either, so she had time to be patient.

”Thank you~” she said as her iced tea was set in front of her, reaching forward to stir the infuser around. Ice clinked merrily in the glass as condensation already started to form, beading up before rolling gently down the glass. Cirrus trailed her fingers through the condensation, making random swirls and shapes before erasing them entirely with a swipe of her finger

”North was nice, and he didn’t mean to hit me,” she explained, briefly rising from her seat to reach for a biscuit, ”I was napping in the sky and he just happened to fly through me and I got stuck,” she continued, clarifying that it wasn’t like Santa had been trying to roadkill skykill her. She took just a small bite of biscuit, so she could keep talking without spraying crumbs everywhere. ”His yetis were icky, though. One tried to grab me but I stayed calm and got away from him.” She beamed, proud of herself. Even if she had the ability to escape any physical harm or restraint, she didn’t always think to use it, her already overactive mind often being easily overwhelmed when she needed to make a fast decision. It was something that they had been working on, so she made sure to include that part of the story.

It was weird to imagine what things had been like before the world. Was it just empty space? Were there other worlds? Not having a form confused Cirrus even more, the concept just too much for her to comprehend. How did it work, she wondered, only able to imagine it as Charles as he was right now, only invisible. She smiled and nodded, ”Much better than Khaos,” she agreed, the name feeling weird on her tongue. She’d only ever known him as Charles, so to think of him as anything else was just strange to her.

Satisfied that her iced tea had waited long enough, Cirrus removed the infuser, pondering its bulbous shape for a moment. ”Oh! It’s a little cloud!” she exclaimed, recognizing that it was indeed a small metal cumulus cloud. Small perforations leaked tea, and she set it aside on the saucer to keep the table clean, though her biscuit had already left a few crumbs behind. ”Where did you find that?” she asked, taking the chilled glass in her hands to take a sip. Her eyes popped open as the refreshingly cold flavors of raspberry and lemon hit her, and she took a deeper chug immediately after her first sip. ”Mmmm, you sure know how to pick ‘em,” she said, going for another pull from the glass, draining it down to half already. ”What kind are you having?” she asked, leaning forward and peering at his tea as though it would help her recognize it.

@CARMA
PM
^
✧ CHARLES EDEN
 Posted: Apr 8 2018, 12:08 AM
Carma
Unknown AGE
307 POSTS
Concept
Balance
Everywhere

clouds

It was a bit surprising that Cirrus wasn’t hovering behind him and watching, or otherwise busying herself looking around - taking a look at the new greenery he’d potted that was finally starting to flower, or adjusting the thin white curtain of the windows, or just basking in the glow of the sunlight that filtered in at impossible angles. She seemed instead to be complacent and quieter today - but then, she had only just moments ago been soaring through the sky in their little game, so she was understandably very likely a little tired. He set down the tea, smiling as she gave him a cheery thanks. He offered a smile and nod in response. ”But of course.” The polite manner she conducted herself was positively charming.

He listened quietly as the girl went on to describe her adventures of whimsy. So, North was “nice” and “hadn’t meant” to hit her, then. He wasn’t particularly surprised at either. Though having context...Charles sighed, closing his eyes as he reached to take a biscuit himself now. ”I would tell you not to take a nap where others are likely to encounter you, dear, but in the sky….I suppose that’s a very rare moment. Still, you’re lucky to have come out unscathed.” He trusted her to take care of herself, but still, being hit by a sleigh was rather a frightful concept. Even if she could re-materialize at will...it was hardly a pleasant picture. He did point a chastising finger her way for a breif moment though, not in any serious context, but still. ”Remember, focus.”

It was quite charming to watch her face as she listened to him speak, though. He was speaking of something he rarely divulged, only to those who were of greater importance in his life. The world before the earth...it was a mystery to most, but to Charles it had simply been his existence; plan, empty space, no time, no where, simply a wandering consciousness that sought stability. He chuckled at her blunt appreciation for Charles and disproval of Khaos - of course, he had to agree. ”It’s a very refined name, I think. I quite like it, as you do.”

Ah, but he wouldn’t tell Gaia that the cloudling disapproved of the name she had gifted him back then.

He was, admittedly, quite pleased by her reaction to the cloud-shaped infuser, and gave a small nod, chuckling airily. ”I found it during my last trip to a favourite tea shop. It remidned me of you, so I thought I might have it for you, dear.” Ah, goodness, and there she went taking such undignified swallows of tea….but he chose not to comment on it this time, instead showing by example, taking much smaller sips of his own drink. ”If you like it, I shall be sure to use it for you every time you visit. And mine…” He hummed, blowing on his tea softly. ”Earl Grey, of course.” He would have offered her a sip, but she didn’t drink hers hot, of course. He took another sip, setting it down, allowing the aroma to reach her. ”It sounds to me as though you had quite an adventure with North. I’m glad to hear that things turned out well for you. I wonder, have you ever seen his workshop?”

@CIRRUS He's Jean-Luc Picard
+
PM
^
✧ CIRRUS
 Posted: May 14 2018, 11:42 PM
Rath
~50, appears 17 AGE
118 POSTS
Cloud
Imagination
Sky

dare me to fly high
and i'll go even higher
"Are you saying I shouldn't sleep in the sky anymore?" Cirrus quirked an eyebrow at him as she watched him take a biscuit. To Charles, it might seem like she was simply looking at him, but the cloud was watching. Waiting for her chance that was about to come... now! In the instant he bit down on the biscuit, Cirrus' hand darted forward to the sugarbowl, deftly removing the lid and swiping two more cubes for herself. She replaced the lid almost as quickly, hoping the light clink of ceramic lid on bowl would be covered up by the sounds of the crunchy biscuit. The cubes disappeared in her mouth and were swept away by a quick swallow of tea, all before Charles opened his eyes again. She wasn't sure why he closed his eyes whenever he bit into his first biscuit, but once she'd noticed his habit, she could never ignore it.

"If I can't sleep in my own home, I guess I'll just have to use yours all the time," she joked, though she knew Charles likely wouldn't mind if she did decide to do that. "Well, I'm not the first cloud to be hit by his sleigh, and I probably won't be the last. Plus, it didn't even hurt. I had no idea it even happened until I woke up later!" Whether these facts were comforting or distressing to Charles, she didn't know, but she felt like it was important to mention it to him. The whole experience had been mostly fun for her, and she actually kinda wished she could've been awake for the trip.

Cirrus couldnt help but beam at her friend as he told her the short story of his trip to the tea shop. She wasn't sure where he went, but he always came back with something new and exciting to try. She was a little disappointed that he was still going with Earl Grey, but she had her favourites and he had his, so she wouldn't make fun of him for his boring taste in tea, today. "I like it a lot, thank you~" she replied, turning the little cloud infuser over in her hands, not caring that she was getting tea on her hands. It was too bad it didn't more resemble a cirrus cloud, but she supposed the wispy nature of her own kind just wouldn't work well for a tea infuser. Besides, it was cute as a cumulus. She wanted to hold onto it and bring it everywhere with her, but she knew she'd just lose it the moment she returned to cloud form.

She took another bite of biscuit, now having to carefully ration what little iced tea she had left. "Yeah! He showed me his workshop!" a spray of crumbs was mostly blocked by her hand as she excitedly answered before swallowing. She remembered it clearly, the bustle of elves and yeti working around the clock, with all kinds of toys being made, while more still flew around of their own accord, even if they weren't meant to fly. Cirrus had enjoyed the airborne toys the most, as nobody seemed to mind if she distracted them for a moment to play with them.

Unable to tell Charles any more about her visit with North because that thread isn't far enough yet, Cirrus turned the subject to Charles. "So what have you been up to?"

@CARMA ur turn for life story
PM
^
✧ CHARLES EDEN
 Posted: May 18 2018, 12:40 AM
Carma
Unknown AGE
307 POSTS
Concept
Balance
Everywhere

clouds

No matter how often he ate them, Charles simply found biscuits to be absolutely delightful. There was something so quaint about them; it didn’t matter, he always found himself swept up in that first bite, absorbing the moment with a content sigh, letting his eyelids slip closed for just that brief moment of enjoyment. He heard a slight clink, opening his eyes to see what was happening. Cirrus was sipping her tea, but nothing else seemed out of place. Perhaps it was just a phantom sound, nothing real about it. His own mind playing tricks on him.

”Well, if you must sleep somewhere, I certainly wouldn’t mind to take you in for a nightly rest.” He gave a small smile and a shrug, though he was certainly glad it hadn’t hurt her. She was a cloud, after all, so it made sense that she wouldn’t feel pain, but still...he couldn’t help but feel a degree of worry for her, regardless! ”Well, I suppose as long as you weren’t hurt.”

He was glad, though, that she liked the little surprise. He chuckled into his tea as she turned the thing in her hands, completely oblivious to the tea she would now have on her hands, but she probably didn’t mind that, really. She was absolutely charmed by it, and that was enough for him. ”I’m very glad, dear.” he murmured, that fond smile twinkling in his eyes. He listened as she spoke - briefly - about her venture to the workshop. She gave no details, but perhaps that was a secret the guardian of the great north had asked her to keep. He could respect that.

”What I have been doing?” he asked, placing a hand to his chest in an exaggerated look of surprise. ”You presume a boring old man like myself does anything?” Ah, but the jest was only momentary. He sat forward, pushing hair from his eyes. ”I have been visiting with my former Angels. Those no longer in my service, that have moved on.” Caerwyn, Snow and Micah were angels he had lost too soon, chosen by the Man in the Moon, whose call was stronger than Charles’ own. When the Man in the Moon decided he wanted someone to join his cause, no bond could hold his power at bay. Angels who accepted the conditions were no longer bound to Charles.

What trouble this war was.

”Outside of family visits...I’ve been spending more time on the ground, watching the earth from a mortal’s view. It’s important for me to experience the atmosphere of the world personally, so I may understand the thoughts and feelings of the collective more clearly. Call it soul-searching.”

@CIRRUS He would 100% let her stay at his hoose
+
PM
^
✧ CIRRUS
 Posted: Jun 16 2018, 01:22 AM
Rath
~50, appears 17 AGE
118 POSTS
Cloud
Imagination
Sky

dare me to fly high
and i'll go even higher
Even though she already knew she was welcome, it always made Cirrus feel good to hear it. A nap in the sky was great, but sometimes it was nice to have a place to come to for a nice, safe nap in the grass, where the sun and breeze were always perfect. And the possibility of a post-nap tea was always there as a nice bonus.

She grinned and sipped her tea quietly as Charles told her about his recent adventures. She giggled at his joke about being old and boring. Sure, he was old, but she didn't think he was boring! Until he started talking about lessons, that is. Cirrus always looked forward to the lessons, since it was even more time she got to spend with Charles, but it was so boring.

Cirrus knew Charles and his Angels were close. He said they worked for him, but they were as much a family as Cirrus and her clouds were. She knew few Angels, though. Charles told her they had important jobs to do, and not to bother them if they looked busy. They always looked busy to Cirrus, so she didn't often approach. She didn't often want to, anyway, usually wanting to see one particular person. "Did you have a nice visit?" she asked, waiting for her turn to speak first, though it was an effort. She could see her clouds any time, and couldn't imagine being so separated from them that she had to go 'visit.' she wasn't sure how Charles could stand it, so she hoped he enjoyed his time with his former Angels.

"You're not gonna experience any of the atmosphere from the ground, silly," Cirrus replied, taking him a little too literally, "if you want that, come hang out with me and the other cirrus clouds some time!" It was true that Cirrus was happy anywhere in the sky, appearing as any cloud she chose, but she was at her best at the very highest altitudes she knew. At the very edge of her world, her and her icy friends hung delicately, painting gentle white strokes across the sky. The cold, crisp air, the comfortable feeling of total freedom... it was the happiest of her happy place.

"You could see everything from up there," she commented, sipping her tea, "just saying~"

@CARMA

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES
skinned by lauz @ shine.