Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Teaching Birds to Soar, Tag Stork and Snow~
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Feb 3 2017, 12:25 AM
10,000 • Rabbit • Knowledge • N/A

It was probably bettehh ter stahht wiff somefin’ vat he was a bit more familiahh wiff. Nae insult ter Snow ov cahhrse, bu’ th’idea was vat if pehhaps vey wehh able ter adapt Gin’s abilities ter function...it might stahht ter awaken somefin’ unconsciously in Snow. Thehh was an ahht ter wot ‘e was doin’ - pahht ov it was abahht th’subconscious activation ov abilities. If ye were ahhnly consciously tryn’a get them ter stahht, ven all ye were doin’ was th’same tricks vat din’t wohhk in th’fihhst place. Subconscious activation was somefin’ vat caused th’mind ter act on its ahhn. An’ sometimes….vat was wot was needed.

Sah thehh was a bit ov control ter hehhs. It made sense ven, vat she was...a healehh all ‘rahhnd, and nae jus’ in th’magical depahhtment. He took each wohhd ahht ov hehh wiff due respect, bu’ had ter try a bit nae ter laugh at vat bit abahht...purifyin’ a demon. Lahhrd vat sahhnded….bizahh enough vat it jus’ might ov happened. Regahhdless….vat was somefin’ he could hahhdly ignore - it sahhnded pahherful, an’ somefin’ vat needed ter be kept undehh wraps. Else she might stahht tuhhnin’ people th’wrong way. Purifyin’ was one fing….bu’ ter change th’centehh ov a pehhson…

He watched as Gin stepped up, abahht ter stahht on her ahhn abilities. She folded hehh hands in front….good, vat was th’propehh form...an’ shore enough, thehh was a bubble vat came ahht ov it, summoned ter protect Douglas fihhst an’ fahhrmost. He wan’t suhhprised - aftehh all, she was able ter bring’t up ter defend him all th’time anyhahh. It did seem ter come easiehh if vat was any consideration. He tuhhned ter Snow, an’ gave a nod. ”Awrigh’.” He nodded ter Snow. ”Give’t a shot.”

Douglas moved, ven, a little fahhthehh ahht ter th’edge ov th’bubble. He wondehhed if….th’bubble would move ter continue ter protect him, or if’t was station’ry. Fihhst fing was fihhst - Snow’s attack. While’t was an aggressive move, he wondehhed if attacking a barriehh would in some measure...give subconscious idea ter her on hahh she migh’ manage ter bring abahht her ahhn abilities.
you can count on me
You started sinking and it pulled you down It may be tough you've to get back up Because you know that life ain't over yet I'm here for you so don't forget You can count on me Cause’ I will carry you till you Carry on Anytime you need someone Somebody strong to lean on Well you can count on me To hold you till the healing is done And every time you fall apart Well you can hide here in my arms And you can count on me To hold you till that feeling is gone
I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I AM DOING |love, libby

@MOMO @TAMMY
PM
^
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: Feb 3 2017, 02:38 AM
491 • Archangel/Former Human • Purity • Nomad

she's a little bit of heaven with a
wild side
The two seemed to seemed to take what she said relatively well, at least for the most part. From what she could tell, Lady Virginia appeared to be somewhat shocked, though Douglas looked as if he were trying to keep a straight face. Chances were that she had been worrying for a good reason and the blasted rabbit was trying not to laugh at her, the bastard.

Thankfully, things began to continue on nonetheless. The bird went about setting up the shield. After a moment, translucent and golden shield made its way up, encircling Douglas and Virginia. She glanced at Douglas as he spoke, a mild frown coming to her face as she briefly considered what to do. Virginia had said that they had presumed that it had to do with her center. Innocence was an interesting center, not one that people would usually consider as being appropriate for battle in any sort of manner.

Her eyes narrowed as an idea came to her. Straightening, she aimed a throwing axe, focusing a certain amount of her purification ability onto the weapon, towards Douglas as he began to edge farther towards the edge of the bubble. Virginia has said that she knew it was capable of stopping physical attacks, so chances were that this would be a good instance to see some of the other possibilities if she added in some of her magic.

words: many
outfit: here
tag: Stork & Doug
notes: ...

TAMMY CARMA
PM
^
☽ LADY VIRGINIA STORK
 Posted: Feb 8 2017, 04:20 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

As she held up the bubble, Virginia was aware of Douglas' presence behind her. She could also tell that he had moved away, but was still inside her sphere. It was a strange sensation; she was not sure if it had anything to do with her powers, or if she was just aware of her surroundings, as he had been teaching her to do. But being locked inside the iridescent dome with him, as much as they had room to move, was also somehow intimate.

Douglas gave the go-ahead to Snow White, who pulled a throwing ax. Virginia winced. She knew that the bubble could hold against projectiles, and yet she still disliked being at the focus of a violent attack, even if only for training. She stood her ground, keeping her hands steady as she reinforced the bubble. The weapon hit a moment later, and the gold halo of the bubble shuddered on impact, but held up, and the ax clattered to the ground. Virginia could tell that there had been a spell of some sort on it, but it did nothing to break through the barrier.

As Douglas moved away, the bubble remained centered on Virginia. If he walked out, the bubble would let him; it was only impervious from the outside. Virginia was not sure how long she could hold it, or if it would collapse if someone walked through. As she was, her illusions had slipped away, making her look a little less prim and proper than usual, with some strands of hair out of place, and her cheeks still flushed from the cold. She could not hold up illusions and the barrier at the same time, she already knew that much.

"Try again" she told Snow White, determined to make the most of the opportunity "Weapons likely don't do much, but I am not sure if magic does..."
PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Feb 13 2017, 02:35 AM

Awrigh’....so he was bein’ a bit cheeky wiff his plan - ‘e’d simply told Gin ter put up vat shield ov hehhs an’ Snow ter attack, bu’ he hadn’t told ‘er vat he planned ter move arahhnd at all; ov cahrse vat was entihhely on puhhpose. If ‘e told hehh wot ter expect, she’d jus’ go wiff wot she already knew - an’ more van vat she’d be prepahhed. In a real fight thehh wouldn’t be vat sahhrt ov window ov knowledge - shore they might come up wiff a plan ov some sahhrt, but plans rahhely evehh wohhked ahht th’way they wehh intended. Sah, he would have ter teach th’bihhd jus’ hahh ter respond ter a situation vat she din’t know. One vat was spontaneous.

Th’question vat came was...wot would Snow do? Vis was jus’ as much ov a trainin’ experience for her as’t was for th’two ov them.

She took a weapon, a throwin’ axe, an’ tossed it at th’shield. Vis would be interestin’...an’...if th’shield failed, ‘e would be able ter dodge’t himself jus’ fine. Bu’ he could tell Gin wan’t happy abahht’t. Undehhstandable, given vat well….no one tended ter want a weapon pointed at eivver them or theihh friends. Bu’ nahh it was a mattehh ov seein’ wot happened next. As th’axe made contact wiff th’shield, it held, but…..thehh was defin’tly a bit ov shuddehh - it din’t give, which was a stahht, at least it was strong enough ter hold against wotevehh magic Snow ‘ad put inter it. Douglas moved ven, an’ took note vat th’bubble stayed wiff Gin hehhself. Sah inside movement….din’t affect’t at all? Prob’ly it’d ahhnly move if Gin did hehhself.

”Awrigh’, vis time, Gin I wan’ ye ter walk wiff me. Move when I move. An’ Snow…..see if ye can up th’amount ov magic - we should try an’ see jus’ wot she can wiffstand.” Awrigh’, time ter try rahhnd two.
you can count on me
You started sinking and it pulled you down It may be tough you've to get back up Because you know that life ain't over yet I'm here for you so don't forget You can count on me Cause’ I will carry you till you Carry on Anytime you need someone Somebody strong to lean on Well you can count on me To hold you till the healing is done And every time you fall apart Well you can hide here in my arms And you can count on me To hold you till that feeling is gone
Round 2~ |love, libby

@MOMO @TAMMY
PM
^
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: Feb 14 2017, 01:05 AM

wild side
The bubble shuddered against the attack, but appeared to be otherwise fine. It was clearly a relatively strong thing if an enchanted weapon did no damage to it. Walking over to her axe, she picked it up and inspected it, seeing if it had done anything to it. For the most part, it seemed fine. Clearly, it was not a volatile shield.

Snow glanced up and listened to both Lady Virginia and Douglas. The angel's brow furrowed but she nodded. This power was relatively new and one she had half-hazardly learned on her own. She was unsure of how much power she could place on a single weapon thus far, as the practice was not one she commonly did.

Placing a bit more power than before into the weapon, it glowed a bit brighter. After a moment, she threw it towards the shield.

TAMMY CARMA
PM
^
☽ LADY VIRGINIA STORK
 Posted: Mar 2 2017, 04:45 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

She had repelled the first attack, and Virginia felt a small pang of pride at the accomplishment. Of course, Douglas already seemed to have something else, a next step in mind, and she tilted her head to listen to his instructions.

>>”Awrigh’, vis time, Gin I wan’ ye ter walk wiff me. Move when I move. An’ Snow…..see if ye can up th’amount ov magic - we should try an’ see jus’ wot she can wiffstand.”

Virginia nodded, and adjusted her bubble a little, to make sure it held. since Douglas was standing behind her, she hand to glance over her shoulder, and use her peripheral vision, to follow his movements, and keep up with him. The bubble was still centered on her, but it moved as she moved, and she found that holding it and moving with it was not as difficult as she had first expected.

Snow White summoned up another weapon and threw it, with a little more force and a little more magic. The impact was definitely stronger, and Virginia could feel the bubble shudder, splaying her fingers out in the air as if she was holding it up with her bare hands.

"I felt that" she confirmed, relieved that the weapon did not get through. She glanced over her shoulder again to see if she had managed to keep Douglas within the shield.
PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Mar 11 2017, 04:25 PM

Exactly wot Snow was able ter do wiff vis new ability ov hehhs was...stahhtin’ ter come cleahh; bu’ all th’same Douglas could tell she wan’t pahhticulahhly shore ov hehh ahhn abilities. Din’t know wot limits it ‘ad - which ov cahhrse made sense, vis bein’ a new fing for ‘er jus as much as vis shield was new ter Gin. Least she ‘ad time practicin’ wiff Douglas, Snow prob’ly han’t done much wiff vat pahher ov hehhs - she wan’t th’sort vat went arahhnd experimentin’ wiff her abilities th’way some uvvers did - she tended all ‘n all ter be more cahhful; vat made sense, given th’type ov pahhers vat Snow ‘ad at hehh ahhn disposal. When ye wehh wohhkin’ wiff purification - somefing vat could entahhely change a pehhson - thehh was a degree ov cahhe ye needed ter take.

Would she be able ter add enehhgy righ’ away? It wan’t exactly somefin she was used ter - prob’ly. Sah vis as an exehhcise ov mental strengff wiff a new ability. ‘E fahhnd himself smihhkin’ jus a bit when ‘e saw vat hehh weapon was stahhtin’ ter glow - as if wiff enehhgy. Sah ven, she was able ter git’t wohhkin’. Vat was a good stahht. If she could control th’amahhnt ov enehhgy vat went inter it...

Wot remained ter be seen was if th’shield ov Gin’s would move wiff ‘er if she moved. Was’t stationary, or was’t vat Gin hehhself was th’centehhpoint? Vat was why they wehh testin’ vis all ahht in th’fihhst place. An’ vis time….as’t tuhhned ahht, when Gin moved, sah did th’bubble. Which a’least told th’two ov them vat she was its centehhpoint; vat was useful knowledge ter ‘ave fer in th’future, if they evehh faced dangehh. Douglas was still wiffin th’shield, an’ noted vat vis time, when th’weapon struck’t, thehh was a visible shuddehh - which meant vat wiff enehhgy….enehhgy was able ter penetrate’t. An’ it seemed as if when th’shield took some sahhrt ov damage, Gin hehhself felt wot ‘appened.

”Awrigh’ - I wan’ ye ter try somefin’ else vis time - see if ye can make th’shield smallehh - an’ ven try ter make’t lahhgehh. Fink ov yehhself as th’centehhpoint - an’ go from thehh.” He tuhhned ter Snow. ”It looks as if ye managed ter pour mohh enehhgy inter th’attack vis time. Ahh ye able ter chahhge an object vat yer not touchin’, or does’t have ter be in yer ‘and fihhst? If ye can, I wan’ ye ter try an’ focus on somefin’ small vat yer not touchin’. See if ye can enehhgize’t.”
you can count on me
Such great teacher :D |love, libby

@MOMO @TAMMY
PM
^
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: Mar 12 2017, 07:32 PM

wild side
Snow found it difficult to tell how well her attacks were affecting Virginia's shield. It did not appear as though she was doing any lasting damage, though that was probably a good sign. It certainly meant that the other Guardian's shield could take a fair amount of damage, even if being attacked with magical weapons. Whether that meant she could take on magic itself was another question and one Snow technically did not know if she could answer. After all, to her knowledge, none of her magic was offensive.

Nonetheless, it appeared as though they were making progress when Virginia mentioned that she had felt the attack. So, it could withstand physical attacks well, but had some trouble against magic.

The angel's gaze turned to Douglas as he spoke up. Her brow furrowed at his question. "Er, I've never tried," she said, "At least not in an offensive manner." After all, Ares had taught her to fight properly, but it had all been with weapons and physically. Her father had more taught her how to control her powers than fight with it. All of that was something she had learned herself. She supposed never attempting to had been her own negligence. She was quite used to her magic being her strongest asset and not quite needing to hone it.

TAMMY CARMA
PM
^
☽ LADY VIRGINIA STORK
 Posted: Mar 16 2017, 04:04 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

>>”Awrigh’ - I wan’ ye ter try somefin’ else vis time - see if ye can make th’shield smallehh - an’ ven try ter make’t lahhgehh. Fink ov yehhself as th’centehhpoint - an’ go from thehh.”

Virginia had figured it out by now that the bubble, or rather, the shield she could create, was centered on her. That was not news, but now that Douglas made her conscious of it, she was sure there had to be deeper implications. If she usually activated the bubble to protect someone else, but it was still centered on her... then she had to be able to stand right by whomever she was protecting. It was not a ranged thing, something that she could use without being in the middle of the fight. It was supposed to protect her, but it also got her involved.

Virginia focused on the shield, pushing it outwards a few feet as Douglas talked to Snow about using her powers in new ways. She was going attack again soon, and Virginia had to be ready, even while practicing her new task. After expanding it as much as she could, she pulled back on the bubble, until it got just small enough to encompass her and Douglas standing behind her. Once again, there was the feeling of personal space, or lack thereof, and Virginia dismissed the bubble to catch her breath.

"It is not much" she concluded, glancing up at Douglas "But is is flexible enough."
PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Mar 26 2017, 07:05 PM

Vis was prob’ly hahhdest on Snow ov th’two ov ‘em - ravver van wiff Gin, whom ‘e had spent a bit ov time trainin’ jus’ on his ahhn, he’d sahhrt ov shoved ‘er inter a combat trainin’ situation wiffahht any priahh knowledge. Cahhrse vat was pahht ov th’trainin’ - ye ne’er knew wot was comin’ yer way in battle an’ in war. Maybe’t was a bit unfaihh vat Gin had an advantage, bu’ ven...when was wahh evehh faihh? She was gonna have ter handle’t - an’ vat was pahht ov Snow’s trainin’ vis time arahhnd. Dealin’ wiff a situation she ‘ad nae control o’er wiff limited undehhstandin’ ov wot she needed ter do. Bit ov a dick move as young’ens would say bu’ vat was th’way wahh wohhked.

Gin was makin’ progress. Wot remained ter be seen was if Snow ‘ud be able ter do th’same. She’d managed ter imbue an object wiff vat magic ov hehhs, while’t was held in hand. Vis would be a bit ov a stretch….an’ by wot she said it din’t sahhnd like somefin’ she was comftahhble wiff. Douglas gave a nod, ov cahhrse ‘e undehhstood vat much - bu’ vat was th’point, nae knowin’. Still, ‘e smiled at Snow all th’same. ”Ahh know vat - vis is an exehhcise ter see if ye can do’t. Wot we wan’ ter see is jus’ hahh much ye can stretch vis ability o’ yers. If ye dahhn’ fink ye can do’t, we can move on.” He fought fer a momen’ ven. ”Wot abahht tryin’ th’same fing…..bu’ nae in th’mannehh ov offense? Yer pahher is ter allow purification, yea? From wot Ahh know, ye need contact. Physical contact. Bu’ can ye try ter purify somefin’ remotely?” It was….somefin’, e’en if she din’t have th’offensive capability….’t would be a way ter test range.

His attention went back ter Gin. Vey had made a bit ov progress wiff vat shield ov hehhs - knowledge vat would prove useful. It meant she’d have ter be in th’middle ov th’fray - able ter stand righ’ next ter whomevehh she wan’ed ter protect. Nae an easy fing fer someone who wan’t combatively orien’ed. Gin’s shield….expanded ter some degree, an’ contracted as well - nae a lot, bu’ it did its job. ”Seems ter take a bit more enehhgy if ye try ter change its shape. Take a break fer nahh Gin. Ahhm gonna wohhk wiff Snowbihhd - on vat purification fing o’ hehhs.” ‘e gave Gin’s shouldehh a pat an’ a light squeeze, goin’ back ter Snow.

”Lessee wot we can manage.”
you can count on me
SNOW IT IS YOUR TURN kind of |love, libby

@MOMO @TAMMY
PM
^
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: Mar 27 2017, 02:04 AM

wild side
This entire experience was relatively uncomfortable. It had less to do with the fact that Douglas had thrown her into a situation that she was not prepared for. If anything, she was somewhat used to that. She did not talk about it with much of...anyone- only her father, ignoring people who were long dead, likely knew about it- but she was fairly capable at strategy and that required some skill at being able to adapt to unknown situations. No, she was uncomfortable because she was being taught. Snow was far more used to teaching herself how to do things, even as a human. There were many skills she had that she had had to either teach or hone by herself.

People....she was not used to trusting them. It had been difficult to admit that she needed help training in combat, especially since it had required swallowing her pride to ask Ares to teach her. It had been little different with her father when she had asked him to help her control her purification skills.

It was just as difficult to trust Douglas. She would never admit it, for fear of how her friend might react. She had so few already and if keeping those few meant hiding things about herself then she was fine with that.

Slowly, she nodded. She did not protest, knowing well enough that it would be foolish to claim that she could not do what he was asking. She had never attempted to do what he was asking, having long ago come to believe that her powers were primarily defensive. After all, she was a healer and healers did not fight. It was probably why she had not tried to do much when practicing with her magic after having been taught a level control.

But how true was that all? While not all of the magic she had was the same as what she had been capable of as an Archangel- that contract was long broken upon her death- she knew how the nature of her magic was meant to be. It was meant to be based off of the wish.

Margaretha Von Waldeck had wished for her only true companion's life be saved no matter the cost. Such a wish...would it truly make her incapable of fighting, especially when the nature had changed after her death? She was vaguely reminded of a young, bitter human who had sneered at her husband. What is the use of a sword without the knowledge of how it might be best used?

"Yes," she agreed, her brow furrowing. She wondered where he was going with this. A spark of recognition flashed through her eyes at his question. "I can," she confirmed, "It is usually how I purify things. I don't the exact range of it. Using it with mediums for an offensive purpose is something I learned recently."

notes: ...oops

TAMMY CARMA
PM
^
☽ LADY VIRGINIA STORK
 Posted: Apr 11 2017, 03:26 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

>>”Seems ter take a bit more enehhgy if ye try ter change its shape. Take a break fer nahh Gin. Ahhm gonna wohhk wiff Snowbihhd - on vat purification fing o’ hehhs.”

Not so long ago, Virginia would have winced at the pat and squeeze on the shoulder. It was a rather familiar touch, and in no way appropriate for an interaction between teacher and pupil, or lady and... male acquaintance. And yet, she had gotten so used to Douglas' presence and his direct ways, that she barely even noticed. His gesture meant she could relax and take a breath, and she did, dismissing the protective bubble as she moved aside to sit down, and watch Snow White's progress with curiosity.

PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Apr 15 2017, 03:17 PM

Ahht ov ev’ryone vat could be teachin’ Snow’t was prob’ly best vat he was th’one. ‘E knew vat she had taken some trainin’ wiff Ares back in th’day; while ‘e was prob’ly a fine teachehh, Douglas pehhsonally ‘ad a hahhd time finkin’ he could be anyfing good fer Snow; pahhtly in th’way vat th’man operated. Pahhtly...yea ‘cause ‘e tried ter skewehh th’rabbit. Bu’ mainly it was jus’ vat he din’t seemed ter have th’same emotional empaffy vat Douglas did; somefing vat was impohhtant wiff someone as tempehhmental as Snow could be.

She seemed a bit squihhmy when th’spotlight was tuhhned onter ‘er; somefing vat ‘e relatively expected - she wan’t xactly a people-pehhson, nae one ter put hehhself ahht inter th’public eye if’t could be ‘elped. Righ’ nahh she jus’ had an audience ov one - one an’ her teachehh - bu’ it was still more van she was probly comftahhble wiff. All th’same he wan’t abahht ter back dahhn; vis was impohhtant for ‘er. For th’boff ov the bihhds, who needed ter leahhn.

Righ’ nahh, he was pushin’ her in a way vat ‘e was pretty shore she din’t evehh push ‘erself. Actually he an’t entihhely sure if’t was gonna wohhk at all; th’point ov vis was...ter see if she could do’t. If’t was somefing vat was wiffin hehh reach, or somefin’ vat was bettehh suited ter someone combat-natuhhed. He wan’ed ter see if she could, ov cahrse, simply because as a Gahhdian...e’en if she was a healehh, she needed ter be able ter fight back; n’ if she ‘ad some sahhrt ov untapped potential, ven ov cahhrse ‘e was gonna try ter pull it fohhwahhd.

‘Is lips tuhhned upwahhd as she gave confihhmation - vat yes, she could do’t. ‘E nodded, finking for a momen’. If they wehh gonna test’t for range ven they would need tahhgets. ‘E gave a nod. ”Jus’ gimme a mo’.” Wiff vat ‘e headed ter th’back ov th’room - they wehh gonna need somefing ter use as tahhgets….nae anyfing vat would be missed jus’ in case somefin’ went awry. Thehh wan’t much ‘ere ter pick from, bu’ he did find some ‘alf decent props vey could use - wot looked like th’remains ov some old table - planks ov thin wood an’ scratches on th’flooh whehh somefin’ had bin moved. ‘E took th’wooden plank an’ snapped’t in palf, ven ‘alf again on each side. A total ov four - vat would be enough. ‘E stahhted by placin’ one at th’fahh end ov theihh trainin’ room, movin’ abahht a quahhtehh closehh, an’ placin’ th’second. They wehh equally spaced, th’fouhhth bein’ abahht two feet away from Snow.

”I wan’ ye ter see hahh many ov vese ye can imbue wiff yer magic. Ter git a good idea ov range.”
you can count on me
.... |love, libby

@MOMO @TAMMY
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.