Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The Fine Print, tag Asheton
✧ ASHETON HOLLINS
 Posted: Aug 8 2017, 05:26 AM
331 • Human Immortal • Second Chances • Wherever He Feels Like it

we all fall down into the fire
- - and my wishes have all come true
A heavy sigh escaped him. That last comment of his came out the wrong out. It was not the way it first intended it to be at all. He didn’t mean for it to come out so harsh and mean sounding. It was just how it happened without so much of a thought of what he was doing. He truly cared for the girl’s wellbeing. He did not want for her to get hurt in any way possible. He understood what it was like. Being and living on a pirate ship is not an easy life like what most people thought. It was a hard life, constantly changing for the better or the worse. The kitchen was one of the safest spots on a ship. He truly wanted her to be actually be a good cook unlike him just so she would be likely not come into any harm if any.

He should apologize. He should yet that quickly changed upon hearing her next words. A frown made its way onto his face. She was making things much more difficult. More than anything, Asheton wanted to walk away and go find somewhere else to relax. That is what he wanted to do yet despite how he felt he did not leave. He wouldn’t. Not now. He first needed to know that she was truly safe with this group of pirates. She was lacking in skill from what he seen when it came to fight and well… she seemed to be a bit clumsy. “I didn’t mean it that way.” He snapped, trying to keep his temper at bay. “I know what it’s like. I’ve been where you were right now. It was a long time ago, but I remember it all.”

It was really starting to prove very difficult to keep his temper down. She managed to spark it right back up with her words yet again. His age and what he was had always been sort of a touchy subject for him. He was dead. He remembered dying and what it felt like. It was a horrible experienced that he wished he could forget. He hated that he was even able to have this second chance at life. He was the last person on earth to deserve it and yet after all the wrong he did, all the people he killed he was given another chance. She knew and understood nothing. She was the child here compared to him. She talked like she knew these things but from what he went through to get here she had no idea what she was talking about. Not at all.

Without so much as a word, he pushed himself off the tree he was leaning on and made his way over toward Pippa. Once there, he whacked her on the head, harder than he first intended. “Stop talking.” He said, harshly. “You know nothing. Breathing has little to do with anything. I shouldn’t even be here. I died. I remember every single detail of how it happened yet out of everyone someone or something brought me back. Why they did that, I have yet to learn anything. Yes, I’m breathing but that doesn’t mean that I’m not dead. Most people can’t even see me, how does that make me alive?”

Talking about himself is not something that Asheton like doing very often. It brought back far too many painful memories. He was glad that Pippa here understood that he was against discussing his past unlike a certain blond. Yet what she wanted to know was something he was not sure he could explain. His personality would be easy enough. But his powers? That was another story. He could control that wind and the air. What more could be said about it? There were some other things he could do yet he did not feel comfortable talking about. He did kind of agree to this so…

“Like I said before, I have this connection to the wind and air around me. I can bend it to my will and make it do whatever I want. I am also able to sense the air currents so I pretty much know when and who is going to attack me. Oh. I can make a shield around me and others though I usually feel like blacking out when I do that one.” He explained. That was pretty much all he knew when it came to his powers. He left some things out because he would rather not say what they were. “I got swordsmanship down along with marksmanship.” He added in rather quickly.

What date it was when he had the pleasure of running into Blackbeard, Asheton had no way of remembering. He could not remember much of when and how it happened. He could only recall meeting the other pirate captain. “I would imagine so. All I remember is that it was a couple years before all hell broke loose.” He commented with a shrug. “I never met his crew. We were in a pub when we met.”

He was still having trouble believing that Pippa was truly a young adult rather than some sixteen year old brat. She had no reason to lie about it, Asheton knew that. It was just she did not look like it at all. That thought quickly left his mind once he heard something about that ship having some kind of magic in it. Purple eyes blinked. “What? You mean that ship isn’t normal? What kind of magic are we talking about here?” He did not like the sound of that. Ship and magic were never supposed to mix. Well not in his eyes anyway.

I'm so sorry Pippa D8.

PMEmail
^
❂ PIPPA MCBRIDE
 Posted: Aug 8 2017, 06:27 AM
23 • Human • Adventure • Burgess

Pippa shrunk back at the tone the other used. It was a foolish reaction and one she desperately tried to keep at bay. After all, Asheton did not appear to hold any ill will. His words were relatively kind even if his tone was short and impatient. It was silly of her to get worked up over it. However, Pippa had always been nervous and insecure girl who tried to hide such qualities behind a wall of what she deemed as confident and cool. The only problem was that it was not always easy to stay that way.

Asheton was starting to prove that this might be a much harder task than she had expected.

Of all the things she had expected from the other, it was hardly to get hit over the head. She blinked, seeing stars for a moment. She stared at him with wide eyes as a rant seemed to flow free from his lips. Desperately, she tried to keep her composure. However, it seemed that the pirate was quite good at knowing exactly what to say. You don't know anything. The wall crumbled.

Her face scrunched up and desperately she tried to keep back tears. It was a wish in vain as her eyes grew wet. Anger curled up within and, straightening so that she stood just a few inches shorter than Asheton, she lashed out. "Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!" she yelled, trying to push him away and create distance, "I'm sick of people telling me how things should be. You want to be noticed so bad? Then try having my life since it seems that's all people want to do: notice me and tell me how I should be living my stupid life. Did it ever occur to you that maybe you were over analyzing your life, asshole?"

She seethed, taking in everything else he said with a half ear. She didn't care anymore. She was angry and hurt. More importantly, she wanted people to stop telling her how things should be done. So, she was a pirate. So what?

She crossed her arms. "I don't see why I should tell you."      

do you ever see? all the castles in the sky

LLOYDY
PM
^
✧ ASHETON HOLLINS
 Posted: Sep 2 2017, 03:15 AM

we all fall down into the fire
- - and my wishes have all come true
Shit. He messed up. And judging how well the other was taking it, it was a big mistake on his part. He hadn’t meant to yet he managed to lose his temper despite telling himself not to. He didn’t mean to smack Pippa upside the head. Before he had any control or even noticed what he was doing it was already too late. The deed had been done and he could not take it back no matter what. She somehow managed to push all the wrong buttons until he couldn’t keep complete control over his temper like usual. About how old he truly was. Just about himself as a whole was something he hated discussing about. It had nothing to do with her life and what she was doing at all. All of it was about himself and nothing else. He had no right to tell anyone how to live their lives. Not after everything he did.

Before he was able to attempt to apologize for his harsh words and for hitting her, Asheton found himself to be what appeared to be getting pushed yet nothing happened. He simply took a couple steps back, figuring to give Pippa some space. He felt terrible. He did not intend to make her cry. He needed to make things right. Tell her the truth. He was against telling her about his past but considering her reaction and everything he should at least tell her a little about himself. It couldn’t hurt.

“Sorry.. I didn’t mean to…” He sighed, shaking his head at those words. He needed to do better than that. “Look, I’m not telling you how to live your life. It’s your choice how to live it. I have no right to tell you anything regarding that at all. I am sorry for snapping at you… The topic of how I died and how I’m still here is not something I can deal with properly.”

There was so much more he could say but he found it hard to come out with it. He just could not find the right words. He messed up here, he should be able to fix this yet he could not do what he wanted. “All I’m trying to do is make sure that you are going to be okay while living as a pirate. I know how hard it is. I wasn’t exactly the best cabin boy back as when I was sixteen.” It was not what he truly wanted to say but it was at least something that should help sort things out.

Oh. So that’s how things were? She was acting like some moody teenager. If she wasn’t going to answer his question, then he could go over to that ship and find out by himself. “I see how it is.” He started out, a light smirking coming onto his face. “Fine. So be it. I’ll go find out for myself then.” Without another word, he started inching towards the ship. From what he guessed there were only a few people guarding it so he should be fine in the long run. That is, if she didn’t try and stop him. Which he had a pretty good guess she would.

He’s trying.

PMEmail
^
❂ PIPPA MCBRIDE
 Posted: Sep 2 2017, 04:13 AM

user posted image
i'll try oh lord i'll try
to carry on

Pippa could feel an eye roll coming on just as Asheton began to speak. Yeah, nobody ever meant to do anything. That was generally how things worked. Adults didn't mean to crush the belief and imagination out of children, but they did it anyway out of some sense that people were supposed to lived in certain ways. It was irritating to deal with and that exact attitude had driven her away from Burgess. She didn't want to be stuck in a cycle of shoulds and should nots. She wanted to explore and grow.

She just...wanted to be herself.

She paused at his words, a frown forming. Had she...said something wrong? While she was aware that it did happen, she had actively been trying to avoid things she was pretty sure he wouldn't want to talk about. It had been why she had tried to express an importance on the important parts and not the details. Apparently, what she had meant had not been clear.

She flushed. Typical. "That's not what I meant," she grumbled, nervously tugging on a longer strand of hair, "I said I want to know the important parts. I don't want to know how you died and all that. I mean, real fun topic! I lived and then died, blah blah blah." Honestly, she could see the set up in her mind. Asking about that was touching on emotions or things he might not know about. Why would she want to know about that? "I meant-" She made a strangled sound, not entirely sure how to word what she wanted to say. "The important stuff."

She grimaced. "Yeah, well, stop. The answer is pretty obvious anyway." Seriously, why even ask? She was your average twenty-three year old. Nobody nowadays dreamed of being a pirate unless they were a child or probably living in a place where it was still common. Of course it was going crappy. She wanted nothing to do with pirate business. The only reason she didn't run was because she valued her life and wanted to travel.

Her eyes narrowed at his comment. "Fine," she said, "Not like you'll find anything except a couple of deadbeat drunks." She was lying for the most part, but she was really hoping he wasn't planning on actually checking. She had no idea when the rest of the crew was returning and she had no idea how to explain Asheton's presence if he got on the ship.

come sail away

icon made by Nat // LLOYDY

PM
^
✧ ASHETON HOLLINS
 Posted: Sep 22 2017, 05:04 AM

It seemed for the moment at the very least his words and apology did some good after all. That was a surprise to him. For sure, Asheton thought he would have made things worse somehow. He knew he could be a bit harsh with his words and actions sometimes. That is just how he was and likely will continued to be. He couldn't help it. He had always been like this ever since he could remember. While he was getting better at being able to control over those traits, there was little he could do when it came to losing his temper. Everything broke lose whenever he lost it. And when that happened he couldn’t think clearly as he usually did. If he was mad enough, he would lose all control and just act without so much a thought. It had been so long that happened and he wanted to keep it that way.

Again with the important stuff about him? A heavy sigh left him once he heard that. He had no idea what she wanted to hear from him. That did not answer anything. At least he knew now that before just had been a miscommunication between them rather than anything else. He did not want to speak of his past. He was not drunk enough or knew Pippa well enough. Even then, he disliked telling anyone the truth of his past. He did so many bad things to so many good people just because he could. He was so stupid and selfish. It got him nowhere. Now he was all alone. Friendless and without a home. He had no one to blame but himself. “That doesn’t tell me anything.” He stated, trying his best to shove those depressing thoughts out of his head. “This important stuff business isn’t giving me anything to work by.”

There was a silent air that seemed to follow as the man argued with himself on what to say to the one before him. It couldn’t hurt to say a little about his past. He did hurt her. He still felt terrible for that. He wouldn’t tell her everything just some small things. “Fine. If you want to know more then so be it. Rowan Hollins. Better yet what most people knew me as Moon Demon Captain Rowan Hollins. I was a simple farm boy before I up and ran away from home to become a pirate. A clueless sixteen year old boy who knew nothing about what he was getting into.” He stopped himself from going on. There was so much he could have said but chose to keep it simple. The last thing he wanted was to reveal everything about himself and what he went through. "Is that good enough or do you want to know more?"

If the answer was so obvious like Pippa said, then why did not know it? From what he could tell this young woman didn’t like the position she was currently in. Asheton was smart enough to notice that easily. What he wanted to know if she would be okay living that way, not if she liked it. Being a pirate took skill and hard work. He wouldn’t have made it very far if his best friend hadn’t been there. After all, his friend was the one who taught him how to fight properly. It did not look or sound like she had anyone to help her through this. Knowing that fact made him want to do something other than stand there like a log. “No. I won’t stop.” He commented flatly. “Are you really okay with living this way? You aren’t going to look back and regret this?”

What was on that ship, he wanted to know. No, he needed to know. She said something earlier that peaked his interest and he wouldn’t stop until he found what she meant by the ship having some kind of magic. It was clear she wasn’t going to give him answer, so he would need to find out for himself. “Then you have nothing to worry about. Those drunks likely won’t know I’m there.” Asheton did not so much as send a glance her way as he continued to make his way towards the ship. There is a chance something might happen. He knew to keep his guard up just in case. It should be easy enough to deal with some drunks. They were no threat to him.

--

MOMO
PMEmail
^
❂ PIPPA MCBRIDE
 Posted: Sep 23 2017, 02:53 AM

user posted image
to carry on

Pippa withheld a sigh. She had little idea of how to expand on the subject. It was clear that the other simply did not understand, but it made sense in her own head. The more she tried to consider it the harder it became to try and vocalize it. Why did words have to be so hard to vocalize? She hated this.

She opened her mouth, planning to give him some attempt at an answer only to shut it with an audible click as he began to give her an answer. It was not exactly what she had wanted, but she supposed that she might only cause trouble by pointing out that she had been a bit more interested in what he was like as an immortal, particularly power wise. "That's fine," she grumbled, absently rubbing the spot he had hit. Yeah, definitely not gonna point that out.

She immediately scowled at what he said. "I am fine," she insisted. Still, he seemed to be insistent upon not listening. Holding back a curse, she quickly made to follow him as he began to make his way onto the ship.

come sail away

PM
^
✧ ASHETON HOLLINS
 Posted: Nov 7 2017, 01:03 AM

Despite the answer Pippa gave him, Asheton could not help but feel as if that was not exactly what she wanted to hear from him. He had yet again managed to screw up. He was doing that a lot today. Maybe he really needed that nap… or be near people. He was a bit of a loner now compared to what he was like when he was still alive. To be fair here, this isn’t his fault here. He did not understand what she was asking of him to begin with. All she said was that she wanted to know more about him. That could mean just about anything. It could mean his past, what he liked, what he did, what his powers were like, him as a whole. It can be any number of things. She didn’t do a good job of explaining herself. So far, their whole meeting was some misunderstanding.

A heavy sigh left him as he moved his purple gaze onto the ocean. He came here to relax and get some quiet time in. Maybe even get a nap in. Instead fate threw a twenty-three year old cabinlass at him for whatever reason. He did have to admit, she was better than that loud, energetic blond boy. “You don’t look like you’re fine.” He stated bring his gaze back onto Pippa. “If you wanna know more, tell me what you want to know. We did make a deal.” For the past couple days, he had been asked a great number of questions. It wouldn’t kill him if she wanted to know more. He would be sure to keep his temper in check this time around. Hitting the other is not something he ever wanted to do again if he could help it.

The former pirate could not help but find himself worrying about the other’s well being. He understood more than anyone that it was only going to get harder. Living as a pirate is not an easy life. It was not for everyone. It was full of hardships that most people could not handle. He imagined that it was far worse now than when he was living as one. He wanted to make sure she understood what exactly was getting into. “That’s not what I asked you… I can’t force you. If you do want to leave one day, I can help. All you need is ask.” He knew that would not be easy though that did nothing to change his mind. All his life he fought only for himself. Now he was trying to fight for others no matter what situation they were in.

It had been so long since he last stepped on a ship that looked like it belonged in the days when he was captaining a ship of his own. Asheton was actually excited about it. It did not matter that it was currently being guarded or that it belong to someone who sounded that he shouldn’t anger. The risks made things more fun. He continued to make his way towards the ship. He hadn’t stopped until he found himself on the deck. For the moment, he merely stood there, glancing all around.

--

MOMO
PMEmail
^
❂ PIPPA MCBRIDE
 Posted: Nov 8 2017, 02:36 AM

user posted image
to carry on

Pippa rolled her eyes at his concern. She was not sure if she should call it ironic or irritating that he had the nerve to act caring after having hit her just a moment ago. Were she a bit more confident in her fighting skills she might have hit him for it. Unfortunately, she was fairly sure that if she did such z thing right now it would end up with her getting actually hurt and she was not in the mood of having to explain how she had received injuries with no source of them later. After all, who would believe that she had protected the ship from an intruder alone?

"I am fine," she insisted, a bit of force entering her voice. She hardly understood why he thought otherwise. It wasn't as if he had given her a black eye or something. "No injuries or anything. I think I'll live, dad."

She did perk up at his words. She hesitated for a moment. "Well...what can you do? You were once human, right? So, that means that what you can do is rather unlimited- or, it is when compared to other species." She bit her lip, quickly shutting up. It was a rather direct question, but it seemed like she was not going to get any real answers- or the ones she wanted anyway- from him by trying to be polite and not touch upon sensitive matters.

She frowned deeply at his words. "Why would you help a random stranger?" It was a definitively pessimistic thing to say, but for all her cheerfulness Pippa was fairly cynical. She had come to learn that the world was not as kind as it liked to appear.

She carefully followed, a deep grimace coming to her face as they came on deck. Her eyes instinctively went to her fellow pirates who were supposed to be keeping watch with her, but had clearly passed out due to how much they had drunk. Her eyes drew back to Asheton. "What are you doing?" she hissed.

come sail away

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.