Add Reply
New Poll

Animal Encounters, TAG: Byakko
♠ ONYX
 Posted: Oct 12 2016, 11:30 PM
12 • Night Mare • Nightmares • Nearby Pitch

Mare of fear
i learn to take flight

Finally. He could land. Under normal circumstances the Nightmare would be able to continue flying for some time but he was a fair way away from his usual power source as well. But it had seemed like a good idea to come to this place in order to try and find more sources of power. If he managed that then he would be praised by his Master and he himself would get stronger. Strength was good. Strength meant that it would be easier to defeat the Guardians with fear.

With a snort, Onyx landed on the ground and shook his mane. Although he was made of Nightmare sand he was still traditionally a horse. There was nothing wrong with him having the mannerisms of a horse. At least he hadn't been told off for it yet.

First off, the Nightmare sniffed the air to see if there was anything worthwhile nearby and by that he meant any sleeping children (to create more Nightmares) or fear (as a power source). There was a slight sense of fear in the air, but it was nothing worth chasing up. Especially where he was. Onyx was unfamiliar with this land so it would be disastrous if he encountered a creature or Guardian who's weakness he didn't know. Or one he was unable to fight. It could easily lead to his downfall and his Master picking a new head Nightmare - which sent a shiver down his spine.

Once again, he looked around the area. It seemed that he was in a clearing with no real sense of humanity nearby. From where the scent of fear was, the nearest human town was a fair while away - too far for anyone to bother coming to try and find him. But that didn't eliminate the threat of a Guardian.

Onyx moved closer towards a small flower on the grass and bent down to get a better look. It was weird. Human valued flowers highly and used them as a way of communication (from what he could remember) and even some Guardians drew their power from them. All they meant to him was something in the way - they could represent the children of this world. In the way but a source of power for the Guardians. Snorting again, he crushed the flower and looked at his surroundings again. Hopefully no one would come near him and complicate things.

+ tag@CARMA
+ notesHere we go!
BY MITZI
PM
^
☥ WHITE TIGER
 Posted: Oct 15 2016, 05:25 PM
Old • White Tiger • War • China

notes: Lol so polite Byakko
i've got demons to fight
There was an odd scent in her territory.

Though China was not hers by birth, it was a home to her as graced by the Yellow Dragon, whose kindness offered this whole land as her territory; yet, it was in China that she felt the most at home - China, where the stories of Bai-hu were told and known well; China, where her brothers and sisters were known well and respected. It was here that Byakko stayed most often, guarding the dead, protecting them before they were made to pass by those who led souls to the worlds that lay beyond. She knew the smells of China well enough, and so this new scent stood out as being definitively unique. It was not a human smell, nor was it of any beast she knew. For now, she was investigating; after all, if the intruder posed any threat to those she protected in peace, then measures would need to be taken to ensure that it left. However passing creatures who respected her peace were welcome.

That was, of course, why she chose to investigate before action - unlike some of her more rash siblings.

Her venture took her to a space of clear woodland with naught but the trees and animals to keep her company. Whomever this stranger was, there was little threat towards the dead, and thus little for her own concerns. However it was strange; there was a chaos to its scent, something that was vaguely familiar - something distant. But it was far too twisted for her nose to recognize; like an old, faded smell that had worn itself so long into her memory that it became as commonplace as breathing, and yet, she was vaguely aware of its distinctiveness. Trouble….

She walked in the visage of the woman; though there was peace here, she seldom showed her true form before another - even one who was peaceful - until she could deem their worth. Those who were peaceful were not all deserving of the sight of the King of Beasts in his glory; she would need to judge the foreigner herself for that. She wore a plain white kimono, her eyes their piercing cerulean as she looked upon the creature that had drawn her so far out. It was an equine, a beast of hooves and magnificence, yet it was not any equine of the Yellow Dragon’s world; it did not smell of the horses here, those she had come to recognize as marvelous, free creatures. This was strangely a distant smell - one that came from territories beyond. She approached the beast quietly, tilting her head just slightly as she looked it over.

”Creature,” she breathed, in the tongue of all beasts, spoken in the language understood by animals. She stepped nearer, slowly, cautiously, though more with intrigue than anything else as she addressed it. ”What are you?”

@ONYX
PMEmail
^
♠ ONYX
 Posted: Apr 7 2017, 07:04 PM

Mare of fear
i learn to take flight

So much for no one being nearby. It seemed that there was no escaping disturbances no matter where he traveled. But such was to be expected as his task was to spread the fear that powered his Master. Many who lived on the planet Earth were prone to fear. There was even a saying he had heard among them. 'The greatest fear is fear itself'. Onyx could think of nothing more true, especially when fear itself was undoubtedly his Master. Only the Master could create more of the nightmares to which he belonged.

Yet there was no denying the strength that he felt from this new arrival. He could feel the energy and power. Obviously this was not someone to be trifled with, nor were they human. But he would not run back to the place that mortals would relate to 'home' by his Master's side. This was something he must face on his own.

The Nightmare's eyes widened when the new arrival spoke. It was unexpected as usually he communicated through his own devised way of speech that many of his Allies had learned. Should someone not understand, then they weren't allied with his great Master and there was no point attempting to communicate. That was when he would normally attack.

"I am..." he spoke in this same language as the powerful one. "I am one of the Night. A Mare that responds to the call of my Master only."

Carefully, he took a step closer. One wrong move and he may return to the sand of which he was created which would never do. He must be there was his Master finally achieves the victory that has been waiting since this long battle began. It would be only he at the Great Master's side and he would always be there. Ready to heed whatever call may be made.

"You are... powerful. Not human?"

+ tagCARMA
+ notes~~~
BY MITZI
PM
^
☥ WHITE TIGER
 Posted: Apr 10 2017, 08:43 PM

i've got demons to fight
The beast seemed to take shock to her being able to communicate with it. Then again, most did; even if they could smell that she was not of the humans, it still came as a surprise that she could speak their language; most beasts held only one language they could use, but she, as the King of Beasts, could speak to all through their minds. Even humans, but it was rarely necessary to speak to their minds - and of all creatures they responded the least favourably.

She took in the information given with a careful cerulean gaze. A beast of the night, a mare who responds to his master. There was only one beast she knew it to be - a night mare, whose answering call was to the lord of fear himself. He was the king of nightmares, the one to have brought war to this world and those beyond it. Yet despite that knowledge, she did not engage it; by nature she chose to ignore the war - she had warned the constellations of their foolishness, to avoid the war and they had chosen to engage all the same. The blame, then, was their own. This mare of darkness was not her foe.

She felt pride however, noting the cautiousness with which the beast approached. The beast could smell her strength. She made no effort to dull down her power - she was, after all, a beast of deadly strength; and a King had no need to mellow his power to accomodate any other creatures before him. Byakko gave a nod to its words, huffing softly. ”Not human. My name is Byakko, the King of Beasts and guardian of the western stars, master of metals and lord of death. I come from the land your master destroyed.” She left it at that, for now - what would he say, being told, now, that she had come from a world that opposed his master? Would he fight?

”What purpose have you here, night beast?”

ONYX
PMEmail
^
♠ ONYX
 Posted: Apr 12 2017, 11:34 AM

Mare of fear
i learn to take flight

Those eyes. Whenever Onyx made eye contact a shiver was sent down his spine. Whomever this was seemed to have an effect on him and usually the only one that could do that was his Master. He knew that this would lead to trouble in the near-future from either his fellow Nightmares or his Master. Although it was possible the other Nightmares would understand what was going on. Such a reaction wasn't easily created from him.

King of the Beasts. This was the King of the Beasts. Alas the Nightmare didn't understand fully what this meant as he knew nothing of human legends or myths. All he cared about was making sure that the Guardians were eliminated and that the 'Anti-Guardians' won the war. Yet even with that in mind he found himself extremely weary. One wrong move and who knew? Maybe he wouldn't get to see his Master's ultimate victory.

"I......" How could he possibly phrase this? Not once had Onyx ever apologized for anything nor had he any need to until this moment. It was certainly difficult and not something he wanted to do yet his instincts said that he wouldn't make it through this meeting if he didn't. "I.... am.... sorry.... for any insult I may have caused."

Never again did he want to do that.

One thing that the Nightmare couldn't deny was the fact that yes, his Master had destroyed lands. But he was proud to admit that he had done it by the Master's side. Never would he be ashamed to admit to achieving what he was sure that he had been created for. To serve. To achieve victory. So Onyx made sure not to reply to the comment.

Before 'speaking' again, he shook his mane and snorted once again. "I needed a place to rest. My Master may call anytime and I need to be ready to heed the call. What might you be doing here Beast King?"

+ tagCARMA
+ notesForgiveHimMyChildIsAnInsolentFool
BY MITZI

PM
^
☥ WHITE TIGER
 Posted: Apr 15 2017, 03:22 PM

i've got demons to fight
She stood taller, prouder, relishing in the sense that this creature cowered before her, for it knew what it was facing. Byakko was a supreme beast above all others - and to see a creature that bowed away in her presence was a refreshing reminder of it. Many in this day and age didn’t know her, nor of what she was; so to be instinctively feared by a beast was a refreshing notion. Her power had not ceased, her aura was that of a powerful King.

She nodded curtly as the beast apologised to her, tasting the fear that oozed from its voice. Yet, she did not….wish to be feared, merely respected. She approached quietly, reaching a hand toward the beast, though she did not touch it. She would allow it to come to her if it so accepted contact. ”You are forgiven. You do not know this King, but now you do. You will respect me in the future, I presume, and so you are forgiven.” What yet remained in question was...whether or not the shadow beast would attack her upon the knowledge that she once stood among the very stars he had decimated. What would his reaction be? It was not like her to test others in this way, and yet the opportunity had arisen.

He chose not to address her words at all - which made to tell her that while remoreseless, the beast had no desire to fight her. Of course, she was not looking for remorse; she was merely curious. She watched the beast for a moment, before staring him down. ”I wander in search of my cubs and those who stand among my brothers and sisters who too were called to this planet.” She looked around, glancing to the starstrewn sky for a moment. ”Then I was made aware of your presence and I wished to investigate. But rest at peace, for while you assisted in the destruction of my mansions, I do not seek war with you. I warned them of the war and they refused; their deaths were their own doing. I desire no vengeance.”

ONYX
PMEmail
^
♠ ONYX
 Posted: Jun 2 2017, 09:26 PM

Mare of fear
i learn to take flight

Nothing. There was nothing he could do in the face of the King. Oh yes the great Pitch Black was his Master and the only one he would obey no matter the task, but the King of the Beasts was... well the King of the Beasts. Even though he might not have been created as such there was no denying that under these circumstances Onyx was - in fact - one of the Earth's Beasts. Thus he had no choice but to acknowledge that in the King's powerful presence.

His Master would scold him later, the Nightmare knew that for certain. Unless.... unless he kept it a secret. This choice was one that he didn't wish to make as it felt like a test of loyalty to his resolve. Onyx hated to admit it but on his own his resolve could be quite weak when it came to anything but his Master. If his Master asked about the specifics... the Nightmare knew that he would have to answer with complete honesty. Hopefully it wouldn't come to that.

"Thank you..." It was surprising. Usually he would be scolded if he had done something wrong, thus learned to get results. Failure and wrongdoing on his behalf was incredibly rare now days when it came to anything apart from the Guardians. No matter what happened he'd lose Nightmares if going after any of the Guardians. It was almost as though they were outmatched.

"To this planet... you are from another world?" It wasn't surprising. There were plenty in the Anti-Guardians who were from other planets across the Galaxy. However it was hard for Onyx to believe that the one known as the King of Earth's Beasts came from another planet. Then again creatures of such power were rare on this Planet called Earth. "I am thankful you think that way. I feel as though if I were to fight with you I would need more assistance then I have at hand. Apologies but I'm afraid I didn't know you existed until now."

+ tagWHITE TIGER
+ notesAhahaha Onyx no.
BY MITZI

PM
^
☥ WHITE TIGER
 Posted: Jun 13 2017, 12:45 AM

notes: ~~
i've got demons to fight
Byakko was rather satisfied at the equine’s response to her; she could feel it, the slight tremble. This being acknowledged that she was the King. She did not consider herself the sort to hold any sort of power trips; she didn’t desire power over all things, but she was a beast of pride - so to be acknowledged for her power was a necessity. She tolerated this beast; she was quite certain she recognized what it was, but she had no personal qualms with the Nightmare King nor his beasts. He had only come to exist because the Golden Armies were too foolish to listen to reason and had gone to war. A war that she herself had left.

She didn’t hesitate as the mare asked her of her otherworldliness. She knew that it would make her an immediate enemy to this creature, but it already knew that she was King; to attack her now would both be foolish. ”I am the guardian of the Western Stars. Or I was, until your master and your allies massacred the inhabitants of those constellations.” She spoke so calmly, as easily as if she were discussing a simple hunt of prey or change in the weather. ”The Yellow Dragon of Earth offered this land to myself and my fellow guardians of the stars. It has been my home since then.” There was no threat in her tone, but perhaps a bit of insight; there were, in fact, other star-gods to be found on this Earth.

She raised her head, shoulders squaring as the beast spoke further. ”You would be dead if you were to fight me alone.” she said simply - though whether it was quite true was not quite known; truth be told, her power was not what it had been in the stars - belief in the White Tiger was not what it had been in the past, and moreover, she held a great flaw; the White Jade of this planet could be used to barter with her, to control her.

”My existence was known to few of this planet. Even to yourself, foal.” She eyed him curiously, huffing. ”But if you are here, should it be assumed that your master is near? Do you seek to bring fear to the humans?” There was no malice in her words - simply curiosity. After all, this was simply another beast which hungered. It required fear to sustain itself. There was no wrongdoing in that.

ONYX
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.