Add Reply
New Topic
New Poll

 [E] Ghouls, Open to 3
♔ LADY ARCHIVE
 Posted: Oct 11 2017, 08:43 PM
Quote
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A
Lady Archive 694 posts application plotter wanted tracker other


Ghouls
It was getting late and the two teenagers were expected home soon. After much debate they had agreed to take the short cut through the cemetery. Both were frightened though the boy hid it better than the girl. Hid it from the eye, but fearlings had other senses. Three of them followed the teens, drawn by the tightly bound fear of the boy just leaking out in tantalizing samples while the girl's flowed freely in jumpy nervousness.

They lurked in the dark corners, twisting the shadows of the gravestones and tree branches into monstrous figures and grasping hands. They followed the children, feasting on their little spikes of fear the way their hearts thudded and their hands trembled with every rustle in the dry leaves and ever shift of shadow. And then they came to the center of the cemetery among large intricately carved graves, stone urns and angels looming in the darkness.

"Look," the boy spoke, masking his anxiety in bravado as he pointed to rusted metal bars the rose up out of the ground a foot or so and then bent over, standing like cages over the graves, mortsafes. "They built those in case the person was a vampire or zombie and tried to come back."

"Don't be stupid," the girl replied, swatting at his arm. "It's to keep out grave robbers." But she still kept her distance from the structures.

But keeping in or keeping out, bars held no power over shadow. And one of the fearlings slipped inside, rustling the twigs and grasses.

"Something's moving in that one," The boy gasped as he passed near it. He jumped back to where a second fearling waited in the shadow of an oak and reached out, clawed fingers latching onto his jacket. "It's got me!" He called out.

The girl grabbed his hand, trying to pull him free. But the third fearling crept up beside her relishing the scream that tore from both their throats as it rose up into view, a wicked sharp toothed smile and dark claw like fingers bared.

-----
HP: 3/3
Action: None - opponents have first move
Notes: Each fearling has 1 HP

Fear Frenzy Index
PM
^
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: Oct 12 2017, 07:41 AM
Quote
491 • Archangel/Former Human • Purity • Nomad


Autumn was a particularly terrible season in Snow White's eyes. The weather was often unpredictable, shifting from cold to warm depending upon where one was. Worse, it was a time where people move from celebrating fear to thanks. It was the former than tended to work upon her nerves. While there was no harm in people's actions, the actions they had fed upon beings of fear. As someone who could actually see the shift in people's hearts it tended to give her terrible headaches.

Today was no exception.

She had begun to keep to Europe recently- it was more of an avoidance of where she wished to be, though she would never admit it- and Scotland had been where she had come to recently. A weariness had come upon her between her plans to seek out the Sandman, Phobos, Guardian work, and so much more. There seemed to be little time to pause and think that night as she scoured the land, purifying and protecting.

It seemed almost ironic that she found herself in a cemetery that night. She had expected some trouble tonight and humans these days...well, they were a bit more stupid than the ones during her time. A place where danger likely lurked would no doubt be a good place to find people in trouble. It always was.

Almost immediately she sensed a sickening feeling. It was terribly dark and consuming, the feeling of a dark heart. Worse still, there was more than one. The feeling claws at her throat, making her feel ill, and she knew she was quite close. The sound of frightened children merely confirmed what she had thought. Quickly, she followed the sound but not without letting some purification magic stretch out. It was hesitant, not reaching out nearly as far as it could have.

Still, best to not waste all her magic at once.


HP: 3/3
Action: AoE -> Purification Magic: A holy energy that, as is implied, purifies what it touches. It is particularly strong against that which has been corrupted.
Roll: 2 (lol rip)
PM
^
♔ LADY ARCHIVE
 Posted: Oct 14 2017, 01:27 AM
Quote
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A
Lady Archive 694 posts application plotter wanted tracker other


To the girl's credit, even as the dark creature rose from the ground she continued to grasp her companion's arm trying to pull him free of the other fearling's grip. But that just meant the ravenous beasts could enjoy the wellspring of fear in one place. They relished the two teenager's screams of terror as the flailed desperately in the darkness to get the boy free of the tree fearling's hold. The third slipped through the shadows of the mortsafe bars, eager to taste of their fear along with its kin it drew closer to them.

But in their eagerness to drink in the fear the creatures failed to notice the approach of another. By the time they were aware of the winged woman's presence it was too late. The puryfying aura had ensnared them. The wicked grins they wore contorted into looks of agony as all three convulsed in the energy that was so at odds with their natures.

The one in the tree lost its grip of the boys coat. Not expecting the sudden lack of resistance to their desperate attempts to escape the two were sent reeling and collapsed onto the ground. They looked up in time to see the figure of a person in the moonlight. Or well...a person with wings!

"What's going on?" The boy shouted as he and his friend tried to scramble to their feet amid the scattered leaves and slick grass.

HP: 3/3
AoE Defense: 1 vs 2 - hit: Immobilized

MOMO
PM
^
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: Oct 15 2017, 08:02 AM
Quote
491 • Archangel/Former Human • Purity • Nomad


Snow's magic worked far better than she had expected. While it had been weak, the fear longs had clearly not noticed her presence. As a result, all three had been caught up in its aura, naturally caught in pain due to their corrupted nature. It was, as far as she was concerned, a rather rare moment. Most of the beings under Pitch had enough sense to scatter from her magic. After all, it could be quite troublesome when she pulled out all stops. She doubted a Nightmare would want to see what would happen when she hit them full blast.

Still, she was wasting time. Her gaze drifted to the clearly confused and frightened children. A morose expression took over her face before she grasped her spear. The object gave a clear sign to any unknowing being what she might be, as it looked remarkably like a cross. It was a rather fitting object to be in the hands of a woman who held a high resemblance to the image of an angel.

Moving to place herself between the children and the fearling, she cast the two a single glance. "I advise you get out of here," was all she said before making to swipe at one of the fearlings. Hopefully, the two chose to listen to her.


HP: 3/3
Action: Attack -> Fearling #1
Roll: 5
Note: AoE still in effect


LADY ARCHIVE
PM
^
♔ LADY ARCHIVE
 Posted: Oct 19 2017, 06:49 PM
Quote
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A
Lady Archive 694 posts application plotter wanted tracker other


Slowly the fearlings managed to gather themselves, to push past the pain that the purifying aura caused them. The children's continued fear helping to give them just enough strength. They had allowed themselves to be distracted, drunk on the wellspring of fear from the two mortals, and let their guard now. But they would not make the mistake again, no now there was an enemy and one that could hurt them, could destroy them.

The children watched as the woman...no, the angel...moved between them offering her instruction. That they should leave. Well, they certainly needed no convincing on that point. They rose and moved to scramble, running as fast as they could to escape the cemetery. The fearlings snarled in frustration as their victims fled with the Guardian positioning herself between them and their prey.

The three advanced on her only for the cross-like spear to be thrust forward. It caught one fearling square in the chest. It embedded deep into the shadowy form causing the creature to shudder and release an agonized wail before it dissolved into nothing. Although the other two bristled at the loss of their comrade they had no intention of wasting the opening.

While her attention was on attacking the first of their number the second also disappeared. It sank deep into the shadows that pervaded the dark graveyard and slid invisibly through the ground, following the trail of fears that the running children left in their wake. They had only made it a short distance away before it overtook them, rising out of the inky shadow of a tombstone in front of them. A large shape blocking their path and causing them to stumble back, clinging to one another.

Meanwhile the remaining fearling raised it's clawed hand swiping out at the angel, aiming to snatch at her and tear at her. Perhaps pain would make her fear them too or at the very least get some revenge for the one she had destroyed.

----

HP: 2/3
AoE Defense: 5 vs 2 - defended
Attack Defense: 2 vs. 5 - hit
Action: Attack targeting Snow
Roll: 3


MOMO
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Topic
New Poll


 


 

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.