Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Twice as Bright, Half as Long
☽ KARYORRHEXIS
 Posted: Sep 26 2017, 11:15 PM
~500,000 • Dragon • Nurture • Mountains, Europe

She was hungry, and admittedly still very tired, but a dragon's abilities rarely got the back burner, and beyond these cravings of her own body, Karyorrhexis knew Jon was less at peace than they both would have liked.

She smiled somewhat sadly at the kiss to her hand, dragging her eyes from the contact to his own. She may have said something, but he kissed her before her brain could process what that might be, and she let herself become lost in the familiar sensation. It was interesting, how she could go over a year without him and still remember everything so vibrantly. Though, in all truth, that period of time was hardly the blink of an eye in the grand scheme of a dragon's life. And... he was not quite the same, was he?

"I do not remember that," she replied coyly, not at all angered by him putting words in her mouth.

The journey to the bed was... bumpy, to say the least. Instead of being placed atop the mattress, she was more... dropped/thrown. "Jon," she said worriedly, reaching for him to simultaneously pull him to her and keep him from crashing down. Still, he would have knocked the wind out of her had it not been for her scales. Chuckling lightly - and maybe a little sadly - at the whole situation, she wrapped her arms around the back of his neck and pressed her lips into his hair. "You are... what is the term you use?" She paused, thinking. "A mess." Pulling back to look at him, she gingerly stroked his cheek. "I wish you did not need to cover sorrow with...," she drug her gaze down the length of him, felt the harsh protrusion of his cheekbone beneath her hand, "...treating yourself the way you allow yourself to believe you deserve."

She wanted him, she did. But there were some things they needed to hash out sooner rather than later.

tagged: JONATHAN BURR
notes: unintentional cockblock

PM
^
✧ JONATHAN BURR
 Posted: Sep 26 2017, 11:34 PM
38 • Demon • n/a • New Orleans

tag: person
all I wanna do is be
touched.
Jon could hear the worry in her voice when he practically dropped her on the bed. He let her pull him down, kissing her and chuckling wryly. "Sorry about that, bumpy landing." he nuzzled her and cuddled close to her, gladly letting her kiss him. He did snort a bit at being called a mess. A lot lighter terminology than he would have used. He was a wreck. Part of him was afraid to go home because of the way people would look at him.

His eyes darkened a bit at Kary's words, and he sighed. Well, he'd been wanting to wait until after they'd had sex a few times to shatter the illusion that everything was alright, but she'd already broken it. He sat back a bit, running his hands through his hair. "I wanted to forget it." he told her. It was a lot of guilt he was carrying around. "If I stayed in the US I wouldn't have been able to. Volker's been on this weird crusade to keep me sober and...it was the last thing I wanted to be."

Jon laid on his side next to her, reaching out to hold her hand for a little while. He kissed her fingers. He was well aware he'd buried the pain instead of excising it. To be truthful, he didn't have someone who knew what he was going through. Volker had lost his child and his partner but he had this strange way of putting blind faith in their return....even if it had been close to six months since he'd seen them last. Jon didn't have the luxury of being insane.

"How does someone get over something like that?" he asked quietly.

♥ spenny
PM
^
☽ KARYORRHEXIS
 Posted: Sep 26 2017, 11:57 PM

Her hand went to run up and down Jon's arm as he pulled away, and she remained laying so if he wished to return horizontal, she would be there. "I wanted to, too," she admitted, voice tight in her own memories. "I did nothng for a long while..... I felt guilty for it, felt guilty for losing..," tears brimmed in her eyes, and she had to swallow to get the next word out, "him." Her eyes had fallen to Jon's hand, used as a support on the bed. "But then the the strangest thing happened, and... I am a Guardian now." Not that she had not been one before, it just had not been appointed by the moon. Or.. man in the moon. She grew confused by this distinction.

"We do not 'get over it', I do not think," she breathed, tipping her head to the side to look at him as he laid back down. "We just distract ourselves from it, until the pain is something we can bear to look in the face." She sighed and looked at the ceiling, hand coming to rest on her abdomen. "I still have not. I even...," she swallowed, brow pinching, and looked at Jon from the corner of her eye. Confession time. "..stopped looking for you." Her mouth twisted into an apologetic frown. "It had been months, and I had lost so much, I... Did not think I was fortunate enough to have anyone I cared about left."

Karyorrhexis was well aware how pathetic the statement sounded. "I was losing my mind looking for you, neglecting my duties. So I eventually.... accepted your death, as much as one 'accepts' that sort of thing, and buried myself in helping others." Looking down at her human form, she commented, "I have not been in this form much since then, save for the instances I returned to the site of the battle, hoping to feel... anything."

Remembering how she had known to continue searching for him in the first place, Karyorrhexis pushed her sorrows away and looked to Jon. "That was how I found the person who told me you were still alive. Vincens? He said he had been at the Carnival recently. He is an... interesting elf. I imagine Volker liked him."

notes: ---

PM
^
✧ JONATHAN BURR
 Posted: Sep 27 2017, 12:11 AM

all I wanna do is be
touched.
"There were times I thought about it." Jon said softly. "Dying. But I didn't. I have too many people who depend on me. Even if I don't have children...I have you, and the Carnival. My own family." He didn't quite know what was meant by 'Guardian'. He'd heard of them, and that they were the diet Avengers when it came to fighting nightmares...or something like that. It wasn't important right now.

He nodded quietly. "I knew you'd stopped looking for me and honestly...I didn't want to be found. I knew what I'd done and I was so guilty about it...am still guilty about it. I thought you'd want to kill me or something, or you'd think I abandoned them." he said. "Before I came here the Carnival was suffering. I just didn't have the enthusiasm for anything. I didn't want to perform, I didn't much give a shit if anyone else did....everything fell apart. I'm pretty sure I would have lost everyone's contracts if people weren't neat freaks and Volker stopped cooking."

Jon paused and looked at her in confusion. The little dark elf that Volker had arranged to infect parts of the city? He raised an eyebrow. "Volker gave him a piece of territory off the canal to kill people. I think he's lonely without another killer around. I'm not exactly the type to bum around with him skinning people." he said. "Surprised you came across him. You didn't kill him, did you?" He could see her getting angry with the disease the boy was spreading. She could barely contain her temper when it came to Volker.

He reached out for her face and ran his fingers through her hair. "It doesn't matter. We found one another...and you forgive me, and that's all that matters. I... don't want to lose you again though." he said. "I want you to move in with me. I know you have to leave to help people. I understand that. It's part of you. I just...it's time you had a permanent place to live and call home. Somewhere you could make your own with me. I know you don't like the Carnival but...it's what I've got to offer."

♥ spenny
PM
^
☽ KARYORRHEXIS
 Posted: Sep 27 2017, 01:03 AM

She grimaced at the reminder of what Vincens.. thought was important in life. Or, really, lack thereof. "I first met him because I tried to heal someone he... infected. I failed." Her jaw tightened at the reminder. "He... Is a misguided boy. I befriended him, because it did not appear he had many others in his life. Perhaps I can be a positive influence on him." She shrugged, not all too convinced by her cause. The elf was a stubborn one, and harbored a lot of hurt. He would not be an easy one to persuade from his current path.

Karyorrhexis closed her eyes and turned into Jon's touch, drawing comfort from the small embrace. Her hand went to lightly rest at his wrist, and she stayed that way, breathing in his soapy scent, until he spoke up again. Her eyes popped open, and she stared at him, eyes only moving to observe all aspects of his expression. New tears - ones of untold relief and gratitude - drifted slowly down her cheek. "I would like that," she breathed, every negative her previous self had found suddenly drifting to the background. Yes, she and Volker had a tentative (at the very best) understanding to stay out of each others' way, and Albrecht quite literally made her skin crawl, but the quarters Jon called his own were the homiest thing she could think of. Even with that chest of scary things in the corner...

Quite aware of the crackle between them with her acceptance (even without the conspicuous something pushing into her hip), Karyorrhexis glanced down at herself and willed her suit of scales into something more... removable. The loose top Jon had given her to wear on their very first meeting, and shorts that did not belong in the increasingly-chilly fall weather. She did nothing else, but knew what she would find when she lifted her eyes back to Jon's.

PM
^
✧ JONATHAN BURR
 Posted: Sep 27 2017, 01:24 AM

all I wanna do is be
touched.
Jon chuckled at the mention of Vincens. He kissed her nose. "Well...Volker's a bad influence on him. He's teaching him to play fight. I had to light him on fire to get him off me. Kid doesn't have boundaries like Al does, he just goes for the throat. Apparently Volker doesn't have any issue with him owning territory as long as it doesn't hurt his own hunting. Weird pair, those two. Maybe between your friendship and Volker encouraging him he'll turn out ok."

He smiled when she accepted his offer, and lifted a finger to brush away her tear. He kissed her deeply. "Wait right there." he mumbled into the kiss and got off the bed, digging through his pants until he found his keys. He pulled a leather key fob off the main one and came back to bed with it, holding it up between them. It had a pewter key on it. It was a very old style, not quite a skeleton key but approaching the size. The fob was black leather, with a little K pressed into the centre. "I had this made for you a long time ago...when you decided to accept the Carnival as your home. If you ever did. If not, it was a weird spare key." he pressed it into her hand. "So you can come and go whenever. Unlocks every room except the private rooms. Even unlocks the new cold storage we put in, just in case you want a sandwich at 2 am and don't want to go through the old badger."

The shift in clothing was a clear invitation he couldn't ignore. He kissed her and ran his hands up her belly. He didn't want to undress all of her quite yet...he let his hands roam as he kissed her. "You going to be ok on your back? Your wings?" he whispered, kissing down her neck.

♥ spenny
PM
^
☽ KARYORRHEXIS
 Posted: Sep 27 2017, 02:03 AM

Karyorrhexis knew her expression gave away her bewilderment. Pairing her with Volker's teachings?! Was-.. Was he out of his mind? Her mouth floundered open, then closed. She had no words... And did not need them, once he asked her to live with him.

Bafflement momentarily pushed aside, she returned the kiss and began to wind her arms around him- only to be stopped by him pulling away. It took her brain a moment to catch up and understand what he had said, and her brow furrowed as she watched his too-skinny form retreat a short distance. What he brought back at first had little meaning to her, but when the cool metal touched her hand and she observed it more closely, she began to understand. Because she was still relatively new to human relationships, she did not immediately understand the significance of giving the key to one's abode away... But she did appreciate that it unlocked every room in the Carnival.

Dragging her gaze up to him, her lips parted in wonder. "Does.. Volker know you are giving this to me?" She could not imagine the man giving his blessing for her to have access to their lives. Not waiting for the answer, she ran her thumb over the "K". He had made this so long ago, and still kept it with him, even when he had not wanted to be found?

Her awareness of him doubled with the thought, and she could not even pretend she did not want his hands on her as he easily moved up her shirt. Even this amount of contact had her quivering; she nearly forgot how unnerving (and exciting) it was to have him beneath her scales. "I th-think so," she stammered, hand winding up behind him to grip at his shoulder blade. Eyes drifting closed to focus wholly on the feel of him, Karyorrhexis tipped her head back and arched up into him.

♥♥

PM
^
✧ JONATHAN BURR
 Posted: Sep 27 2017, 04:20 AM

all I wanna do is be
touched.
Jonathan took a little while to dampen down the fire in the apartment. The icy spray of the sprinklers had been enough to get Jon to move and help put out most of the fires, though he did steal a few glances at his lover in the smouldering bed. He wanted nothing more than to get back to her and wear a hole in the floor, but considering the smokiness it might not have been a wise idea.

He threw open a warped window and let the smoke stream out into the rain, a grin on his face. He returned to Kary and kissed her. "I'd get you a blanket but I think we reduced all of them to rags." he joked, kissing her neck. "Mm...we could do round two and burn down the neighborhood..." he playfully pulled her hips against his. "Or...we can find somewhere fireproof."

He honestly didn't want to stop. He had her close, and he wanted her. He kissed her passionately and sat up, looking at the ruined apartment. "I'm not getting my deposit back at any rate." he smirked. "Want to take a shower if the plumbing is still working? We...could catch a plane back to the states if you wanted." He wasn't sure how to ask for a ride back. Or if a blistering trip across the Atlantic on the back of a dragon was his idea of fun.

♥ spenny
PM
^
☽ KARYORRHEXIS
 Posted: Sep 27 2017, 04:57 AM

Some part of her realized that she had set the room aflame; the other, larger bit was too sated to care. But when Jon suddenly left her, she frowned deeply at the emptiness he left behind, and it was then that her eyes caught on all damage she had done.

Lids wide, she watched as Jon cleaned up her mess. He conspicuously left the bed to burn, which did not bother her in the least, considering the flames could not injure her. Her gaze trailed him as he forced a window open, and the smoke billowed out like a freed bird. When he returned, she foolishly expected him to be upset with the state she had placed their surroundings in, yet the kiss he fed her spoke of anything but. She smiled against his lips.

"Jonathan, there are lives to worry about," she scolded, even as her chuckle turned into a groan at the suggestive contact. "Yes," she agreed, to both the 'somewhere fireproof' and the question of a shower. She hated the water; was terrified of it, in fact, but there was something about being somewhere she could combust without issue. That, and she knew Jon would not let her drown.

The kiss had her head swimming, and she nearly forgot the recent situation she had put them in and pressed her hips closer to his. With a groan of 'oh wait we should not do that', she halted and planted herself firmly on whatever was left of the mattress. The mention of a plane, Karyorrhexis vehemently shook her head. She had only been forced to ride on one once, and it was immediately after she learned to take her human form. She had not known how to Change back, so she had spent the whole flight having a panic attack that she would accidentally tear the machine apart.

"I can fly us. I just... need to sleep more first." Granted, they did not have to go at the breakneck pace she had forced herself to keep up on the way here, now that she had found him. "Unless you wish to take the plane. I could meet you on the other side," she offered, knowing being on her back was not nearly as natural for him as it had been for her rider. The thought of parting from him made her chest feel tight, though...

PM
^
✧ JONATHAN BURR
 Posted: Sep 29 2017, 04:14 AM

all I wanna do is be
touched.
Jon loved the way Kary pressed against him and melted into his arms. She'd...changed, somehow. He could see her, six months ago, getting genuinely worried about the 'burning down the neighborhood' joke and even perhaps getting angry about it. Now she scolded him, but she definitely had figured out it was a joke. Well, he didn't question it. He liked this growth.

He had figured she wouldn't go for a plane ride, though. He chuckled at the idea of riding her. "Sweetheart, you know I love you. But riding on your back is a freezing, and terrifying experience that gives me wind burn." he told her. "I like you riding me much better than the other way around." Though...if he ever got a strapon on her...that thought was attractive. He nuzzled her and snuffed the flames on the bed.

Jon kissed her, trailing a little collar of kisses around her throat and down her sternum. "Mm but we'd be at home...in our own bed...in the shower.." he purred, kissing between words. "I can take a red eye and meet you there. It's...well it's a long flight but that way you can rest as much as you want here. I'll have Volker wire you over some funds so you can get a better hotel room. Get a pedicure, do whatever." He playfully kissed her belly button.

♥ spenny
PM
^
☽ KARYORRHEXIS
 Posted: Oct 2 2017, 08:59 AM

She raised an eyebrow at Jon's retort, feeling somewhat dirty for comprehending the sexual image he just painted, when only a few years ago she would not have understood. Karyorrhexis placed a hand to her forehead; how her life had changed, thanks to humans.

She eyed her lover. Humans and a demon.

Her lids drifted closed at the trail of kisses, hands falling to rest lightly in Jon's hair... Until he mentioned a red eye. Lifting her head to pin him with a skeptical glare, she asked, "How quickly do you think I am able to fly?" That single flight she had taken had been one of the so-called "red eyes", and she had hated every moment of it. If Jon intended on getting from here to Louisiana in a single night, he was going to be waiting for quite some time for her. "I do not fly across the ocean, remember." She kept her voice soft, embarrassed for voicing her fear. He knew she had it, but a dragon should not fear anything.

Rest, though, sounded wonderful. Despite Jon's mischievous mouth, Karyorrhexis felt her muscles loosening. A recently-scorched apartment was not the ideal resting spot, but she yawned widely regardless.

...Until the sound of sirens reached her too-sensitive ears. Wincing, she gripped Jon's shoulder and forced herself to a sit. "I do not think we can stay here," she advised, even as she looked dreadfully at the rain outside. Jon had silenced the alarm - had something else combusted that they had not controlled? Worry bloomed in her belly, and in the next moment her scales rose to the surface of her skin. "What is the safest way to leave?" Without being caught, she finished silently, brow pinching at the selfish thought. She had caused this; she should stay and make amends.

notes: i'm reaching here..
PM
^
✧ JONATHAN BURR
 Posted: Oct 6 2017, 05:03 AM

all I wanna do is be
touched.
Jonathan shrugged. "Ive never seen the fastest you're able to fly. Who knows? Maybe you're able to just skip across the sea in nothing flat." he kissed her nose. "Or hide somewhere on an oceanic tanker." He knew she was tired. She had to be. He was. He needed to get home, however, and he was willing to be exhausted in order to get there

He also needed to prepare the family. Volker wasn't going to take to the news well, not since his own mate had disappeared and his child was nowhere to be found. Weirdly enough he was getting a bit sensitive around couples. Jon had caught him staring balefully at the Lornes for a few...hours. He hadn't liked Kary from the beginning and it was safe to assume there would be trouble. That, and he had to get things for her. Her own toothbrush. He'd like to fix the windows in his loft so they could swing outward, so she could fly out without having to go all the way downstairs and out the door. Maybe let the others know they'd have a dragon around.

The sound of sirens pulled him out of his thoughts and he smirked. Oh boy. They would not be pleased with him. "The safest way to leave is not to get fucking caught. Not by these guys." he told her, getting himself up and dressed. "Come on." he took her hand and padded across the floor, opening the door to their room. Well, that was great. The sirens were going and warning everyone to get out of the hotel. At least, from what he could gather. His Mandarin was still rusty.

Finding the crowd streaming out of the hotel was easy. Go down a floor via the stairs, and find the mass of people. "We get out with the crowd, then we sneak off. They'll check and see which room it is and who it belongs to." Jon told her quietly, kissing her cheek. "In the meantime, act natural. By natural I mean terrified."

By the time they got out, Jon had a plan in place. He took Kary aside and kissed her. "Feel alright? Don't worry. The electrical grids are so bad in this part of the world it literally takes a cigarette to light half a block on fire. I'm pretty sure they're used to it."

♥ spenny
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.