Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Magic and doubt, FG / Kay
☽ FAIRY GODMOTHER
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 09:47 PM
A Good Few • Fairy • Wishes • Secret Garden

Wish it...Dream it...Do it

You are never given a wish without also being given the power to make it true
Just when her heart had started slowing to a normal pace, Kay gave her a smile that sent it tripping and racing all over again. She’d always liked his smile, of course, but this one felt…special. Usually, when he smiled – around her, at least – it was from amusement or patient exasperation. This one was…sweet. And by far her favorite.

She’d…quite forgotten that they were kneeling in the dirt. Oh, but that was embarrassing, wasn’t it? At this rate, she’d never be rid of the scarlet stain across her cheeks, but really…she wasn’t all that bothered by it. He pulled her up easily and her wings fluttered in pleasant surprise when he kept hold of her hand; she had half expected he would release it promptly. He wasn’t the most physical of beings, her knight, and whatever they were becoming…it was new and unfamiliar. But he held on, his palm warm against her skin, and Desiree couldn’t hold back a smile. This felt nice.

But now what? The fairy had certainly never been in a position quite like this before and it appeared Kay was at an equal loss. New and unfamiliar, indeed. There was a very real danger of standing there in uncertainty forever. After a long while, Desi pulled her hand from his in favor of pressing close to his side, wrapping her arms around his middle. A happy hum escaped her and she ducked her head, hiding the ridiculously euphoric smile that had overtaken her countenance.

To: SIR KAY TAMMY || Words: 248 || Notes: They stood awkwardly ever after~
girlwhowaited @ (shine)(cttw)

PM
^
☽ SIR KAY
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 10:07 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

They stood awkwardly for a while, holding hands. One more thing Kay was not exactly used to. Courtship in Camelot, as far as he observed, was usually dancing, and secret messages, and longing glances across a room. But there was no one else around them to make judgments, and even if there was, Kay did not really care.

Desiree eventually moved closer, and wrapped her arms around him with a delighted smile. Kay blinked in surprise at such a close contact; she fit nicely at his side, and her curls ticked his nose. After some hesitation, Kay tilted his head, and pressed a tentative kiss to her forehead.

"Alright, well, if we... enjoy each other's company" he noted, trying to find a semi-logical way of dealing with the situation "You can just tell me what you would like me to do... I'm Guardian of Common Sense, but trust me, when it comes to romance, you really do not want me to guess." He glanced down at her. She really was attractive, with that bright smile of hers. He hoped he would not make too much of a mess of things.
PM
^
☽ FAIRY GODMOTHER
 Posted: Jan 11 2018, 08:41 AM

Had she been worried about remaining as they were for an eternity? Well, that had been silly, hadn’t it? Surely, she had meant content, because that’s certainly what she was, right at this moment. Everything felt so strange and new and exciting and…so wonderfully perfect. It couldn’t possibly get any bette-

Oh. Apparently, it could.

Kay’s lips brushed her skin…or she’d been struck by lightning. Either way, she squeaked…again, dear lord…as an electric tingle swept through her, setting her (rather traitorous) wings to fluttering erratically…again. It was…kind of the opposite of the power he had used in their battle; where that had made her feel strong, this made her feel…weak wasn’t the right word. Hmmm…gelatinous. That was it.

Desiree was fairly certain that she looked rather stupid as she tilted her head back to blink up at him. After all, she was still flushed and smiling, on top of going a little wobbly on him. Which was entirely his fault, don’t you know? When he spoke, though, he sounded so…logical..and she scrunched her nose at him, giggling a little. “I think…that you are quite good at surprising me. And I trust that, so long as it’s time spent with you, I am bound to enjoy anything.”

To: SIR KAY TAMMY || Words: 206 || Notes: -internal ship screaming-

PM
^
☽ SIR KAY
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 08:24 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

The kiss on the forehead had been a moment of inspiration; Kay did not exactly plan on doing it, but Desi's reaction ended up being all kinds of amazing. Her wings fluttered - Kay was beginning to learn that that was a sign of excitement - and the way she looked up at him, all blushed and shiny-eyed, almost made him reconsider believing there was no spell involved.

>>“I think…that you are quite good at surprising me. And I trust that, so long as it’s time spent with you, I am bound to enjoy anything.”

Kay sighed a little, momentarily distracted by her little crunched-up nose and her laugh.

"You are not helpful, woman" he muttered, pulling her a little closer with an arm around her waist "But sure, let's agree on that, until you find out otherwise." he chuckled "Shall we walk?"

The small town behind them was still mostly asleep; ahead, there were woods and fields. It was a nice morning to walk through.
PM
^
☽ FAIRY GODMOTHER
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 07:03 PM

It was rather incredible, really. Somehow, Kay managed to draw her even closer as he groused at her teasingly and she just sort of…melted against him, humming. The weight of his hand on her waist set a kaleidoscope of butterflies loose in her stomach and, though she should have combusted already from the sheer amount of blushing she had done, his warmth insulated her from the late autumn chill that haunted the air. Funny, though, how she only noticed it now.

”I am a fairy godmother. It is literally my job to be helpful.” She tutted, smiling softly. He was right, however, but it was hardly her fault. She was in wholly uncharted territory with jelly knees and a head that refused to stop spinning. Essentially, she was useless. So far, though, he was doing just fine all on his own. He just didn’t give himself enough credit. “Yes, let’s.”

A leisurely stroll through nature…that was already one of her favorite activities. Doing so tucked next to her knight? Well, that could only enhance the experience, don’t you know? Ah, but first…Desi pushed up on her toes and planted a chaste kiss just above the scruff on Kay’s cheek, blushing furiously all the while.

To: SIR KAY TAMMY || Words: 204 || Notes: shalalala…kiss the beard

PM
^
☽ SIR KAY
 Posted: Jan 16 2018, 07:24 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

It would have been so much easier of Desiree told him what he was expected to do. Courting... someone had never been easy, but when that someone was fae, and the time was hundreds of years apart from his own upbringing, the whole thing promised to be a challenge.

>>”I am a fairy godmother. It is literally my job to be helpful.”

Yes, but this was not work. Or at least, Kay really hoped it was not work for her. It would have been disappointing if Desiree just wanted to... cheer him up, or something. He pulled her closer, and she planted a kiss on his cheek, which made the senechal blush a little. She really felt comfortable at his side.

They began to stroll, out of town and along the road. Kay still had an arm around Desiree's waist, her wings brushing it as she walked. It was as good a plan as any, for now. Since neither of them had a better idea.

"You know, it occurs to me that I don't know much... about what a fairy godmother is" Kay confessed after a while "You say you are, and that there are... kinds of magic you can't do. And you are also a Guardian. But beyond that... I guess I never asked before."

PM
^
☽ FAIRY GODMOTHER
 Posted: Jan 17 2018, 06:39 AM

Perhaps it was because of their hard-fought battle and resulting victory. Perhaps it was due to what was blossoming between herself and Kay. Whatever it was, Desiree felt that the world around them was especially peaceful, which made it all the more enjoyable as they walked leisurely along the road leading away from the town. This part of the world was rather beautiful in the autumn, don’t you know? A spectrum of reds and golds spread out before them and the smell of fallen leaves wafted on the breeze that kept her tucked close to Kay’s side.

For a while, they walked in silence, serene and companionable, but after some time, Kay broke it with a question that…took her off guard, to be honest. What was a fairy godmother? “Hmm…you know, no one has ever asked me that, actually.” She’d never really had to think about it before, how to define it, just what it was that she did. She scrunched her nose and bit her lip, humming to herself as she mulled the questions over.

”We…help. That is, we’re wish-granters of sorts, but…well, different from most. We can’t just make something happen for or to someone, but we can, in various ways, influence the world around us to help guide those we help to what they most desire in the moment that they need us.” She tilted her head back to look up at him. “I suppose we manipulate circumstances, to some degree, but the one who makes a wish still must put in the work. Our role is just to offer that extra little push when no one else can…or will. If that makes sense?”

She couldn’t help frowning a bit, though. It sounded rather convoluted when she said it aloud like that. Really, though, it was hard to explain. “I guess…a fairy godmother helps people achieve what they can’t quite accomplish alone?” Yes, that sounded about right.

To: SIR KAY TAMMY || Words: 320 || Notes: Magical Social Worker
PM
^
☽ SIR KAY
 Posted: Jan 20 2018, 10:27 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

It occurred to Kay, now that they were walking side by side on the far side of an awkward confession, that he barely knew anything about Desiree. Sure, he knew who she was, what she did, and was starting to get an idea of how her wings signaled emotional states, but beyond that... his knowledge was not very much to go on. And Kay was not the kind of night who was happy knowing a woman's eye color as he pined after her for years without any other pertinent information. So he asked.

>> “Hmm…you know, no one has ever asked me that, actually.”

Kay blinked. He'd expected it to be something that she'd explained many times before. To someone.

>>”We…help. That is, we’re wish-granters of sorts, but…well, different from most. We can’t just make something happen for or to someone, but we can, in various ways, influence the world around us to help guide those we help to what they most desire in the moment that they need us. I suppose we manipulate circumstances, to some degree, but the one who makes a wish still must put in the work. Our role is just to offer that extra little push when no one else can…or will. If that makes sense?”

Kay nodded slowly. That was... not the explanation he'd expected, but surprisingly, it was detailed enough that he didn't feel like... every other time when Merlin was trying to explain magic to him. Which was refreshing, and chipped away at his belief that magical women were fundamentally mysterious and confusing creatures to be around.

>>“I guess…a fairy godmother helps people achieve what they can’t quite accomplish alone?”

"That... is surprisingly logical. For magic." Kay had to admit. It made a lot more sense than waving a wand that went poof and made things appear out of thin air. Probabilities and work he could wrap his head around. "So... were you born like this?... As a fairy godmother, I mean."

Could someone even be born as a godmother?...
PM
^
☽ FAIRY GODMOTHER
 Posted: Yesterday at 07:23 am

Her explanation, it seemed, proved adequate, despite how much rambling her words had done. At the very least, Kay seemed to understand – or was doing a supremely excellent job of pretending to – and, really, wasn’t that the whole point? It still just rather amazed her that he’d even deigned to ask. Most who she encountered didn’t care how her magic worked, only that it did. Perhaps selfishly, perhaps not; such was to be expected when one dealt in wants and wishes. It had never bothered her and still didn’t now. But it was still nice that at least one person – one very special person – cared. “For magic,” she agreed, nodding. “Of course, if it could be explained to a science, well then, that’s what it would be, I suppose.”

There was a possibility, sometime in the future, that humans might unravel the secrets of what she did, as they had with so many other ‘magics’ throughout history, but for now, her purpose belonged to her and to those like her. Which, it seemed, was the next query her knight had turned his mind to. “Ah, yes and no. My kin have been of a particularly altruistic nature with humans for ages, but…hmm…well, for one, we are not really fairies; they are another type of fae entirely.” Desi held up a hand, spacing her thumb and fingers a few inches apart. “Very small.”

”Come to think of it, we’ve always been given labels that aren’t truly ours. I don’t actually know what we were intended to be called. But, as it was, ‘fairy godmother’ became rather popular some years ago and I suppose it stuck. So, yes, one could say it’s in my nature to provide aid to those who need it, but it is also true that it is not something which I had to do, don’t you know? Still, I don’t think I’d have done anything different.” She paused then, a thought occurring to her that had her stealing a glance up at the knight. If the stories were true – which most of them were when you got past the embellishments – Kay’s path had largely been chosen for him the day Arthur entered his life. It made her wonder…

“What about you?”

To: TAMMY SIR KAY || Words: 374 || Notes: Very delicate question
PM
^
☽ SIR KAY
 Posted: Yesterday at 09:04 pm
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

In Kay's experience, magical beings didn't usually take nicely to one debating the logic of their powers. But then again, Kay had been a man of common sense even before he became a Guardian, so the comment was at least meant as a compliment. Unless Desiree heard it otherwise.

>>“For magic. Of course, if it could be explained to a science, well then, that’s what it would be, I suppose.”

Kay nodded slowly. Science was also a dubious concept, but he had just started to familiarize himself with it. A lot of it still sounded like magic for the knight. He was used to being a mere mortal of the middle ages, after all - unlike his companion, who was... a fairy godmother.

>>“Ah, yes and no. My kin have been of a particularly altruistic nature with humans for ages, but…hmm…well, for one, we are not really fairies; they are another type of fae entirely. Very small.”

Kay chuckled. Desiree was the image of how someone would have imagined a fairy, wings and brilliant smile and pretty face and all - except she was a lot bigger. In a good way.

>>”Come to think of it, we’ve always been given labels that aren’t truly ours. I don’t actually know what we were intended to be called. But, as it was, ‘fairy godmother’ became rather popular some years ago and I suppose it stuck. So, yes, one could say it’s in my nature to provide aid to those who need it, but it is also true that it is not something which I had to do, don’t you know? Still, I don’t think I’d have done anything different.”

She had the magical abilities to help people, but she was not compelled to do it by anything but her own nature. Kay did not know much about the intricacies of all the different kinds of fae, but he knew Desiree - he liked Desiree - and he knew that she was the kind of person that liked to help. Even to fight and protect. Even if she belonged to a branch of the fae family tree that tended to do that, the warmth and the enthusiasm - that was all her.

>>“What about you?”

"I was definitely not born a senechal." Kay deadpanned, then shrugged with a smirk "I didn't really have anything special about me until I died and the Man in the Moon brought me back as a Guardian. The things... I can do now, those are all new. I think Merlin's a little jealous that he is not the only one with magic tricks up his sleeve now." he chuckled "But really, I spent my mortal life making sure my brother could rule like he was intended. That was the long and short of it."
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.