Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

My Best Shot, tag Robin
✧ ROBIN HOOD
 Posted: May 5 2017, 04:11 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Robin couldn't help but roll his eyes at her constant berating. It was getting a bit tired and he would much rather keep moving on if he had to. He wasn't a coward to be sure but he didn't exactly need to be lectured by someone with a holier than thou attitude he had only just met. He had been about to turn his back and move on, certain that they both had better things to do, when he heard her deliver her hardest insult yet. He winced at the words and frowned darkly before turning back to face her. His hands were clenched and he gripped his bow tightly, angrier than he had been in quite some time. She had most definitely managed to set him off and she barely even knew him. What right did she have to treat him in such a way when all he had done was tease her a little? Most ladies enjoyed the charm and appeal but she seemed to loathe everything he stood for.

"Don't pretend to know me, Miss White." He said, his own teeth grit now in anger. "I may have had affections with many women in my time but that does not mean that I have not known real love. I have known love greater than the likes of you may ever understand." He snapped, not holding back this time. She had truly crossed the line and the memory of Marian was still deep in his mind. No. She could not hurt him like this, not when she did not know his pain at all, when she did not understand the loss he had suffered. Truth be told, Robin would have been much different had Marian managed to stay alive all this time with him. His confident and sassy attitude was mostly a cover up for the great pain he had endured all those years before.

"I have loved and I have lost and I wouldn't have changed her for the world. She was my everything and you claim I do not understand what such a feeling is. I may be a bit of an egotistical prat sometimes but even I have a soul, Miss White, a thing which I am not so certain that you possess if you allow yourself to say such cruel things. Now if you don't mind, these forests are quite large and I would gladly find another place to hunt on my own time."
PM
^
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: May 5 2017, 09:02 AM
491 • Archangel/Former Human • Purity • Nomad

she's a little bit of heaven with a
wild side
TW: SUICIDAL THOUGHTS
Insults and hatred were something that Snow was well acquainted with. She knew that she could be difficult to get along with for one reason or another. Sometimes it was because she saw little reason in holding back her opinions and other times it was because of her emotions. The list of reasons as to why and who she had offended was likely endless, and she could not be sure that she even knew every reason as to why someone had grown to dislike her.

What a pitiful Guardian she made. For a protector of children, she was quite good at making mistakes. The one believer that she was most familiar with had only believed in her despite his vanishing belief because she had made a mistake and gained his fear. Moreover, she was quite sure that she stood out among the rest. Most Guardians she had encountered seemed to be kind or genuine protectors. She...what was she?

Useless. The thought rang out, tainting her mind like a bad virus. She wished to desperately protect those around her, but she seemed best at getting hurt and quite unskilled at being a Guardian.

She did not meet Robin's gaze, her eyes trained downwards. "I suppose you are right. What could I know about love?" Except he wasn't right. In fact, he was horrifically wrong and she was lying through her teeth. She knew love quite well. She knew how it could hurt when you gave your heart to the wrong person or how you could love someone you did not even know. Moreover, she knew how destructive and selfish love could be...and how it sometimes was not even love when it took upon such forms. Her husband had been such a man: proclaiming love but treating her in a manner no one who truly loved would have. Most of all, she knew actual love. She knew the love of a family and she knew a truer romantic love. She knew how foolish both could be, for she was undoubtedly a person who would do quite foolish things for both her family and Phobos.

"After all, Snow White has no happy ending," she continued, "It is just a tale of an unwanted girl who lived a life without love. What could I know?" She gave a laugh. Her heart hurt too much to force happiness into the action, causing it to sound bitter and sorrowful. "What would I know in comparison to a man who has loved once?" she laughed, "Nothing, for what do people who have lost everything know to begin with in comparison to those who have loved once and lost?"

Quickly, she turned, if only so that he might not see the tears and ran. Her heart felt heavy, but she was sure that it would pass. After all, it always did once she buried the pain far out of reach.

words: many
outfit: shirt skirt coat
tag: Robin Hood
notes: This got feelsy rather quick

LULU
PM
^
✧ ROBIN HOOD
 Posted: May 7 2017, 04:49 AM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Robin was angry with himself for having snapped at her. She hadn't deserved those harsh words but thinking about marian hurt him that much more. Of course this woman, whoever she really was, deserved love. Everyone did as equally as he did and he couldn't take that away from her. He gulped deeply and turned back to face her, hands still tight as fists. He wanted to apologize, to speak the word that he so rarely said. Sorry. It wasn't too difficult a word to say and yet he had a hard time bringing himself to say it. She had lost people too and he could tell that she was only putting up walls to push people out who would only dare to hurt her again. He supposed he couldn't blame her with that feeling when he knew so well what that was like.

Unwanted....Though Robin wasn't used to hearing that term since he had known so much love in his life, he could imagine it. After his death he had felt lost and alone and feared that he would never know love. He hid his true feelings with flirtation and teasing with many other women, using them to shield the pain that still hid within him. Surely she had loved once to and lost just as much as he had. They both lived in a world with no happy endings and he had just made it that more difficult for the woman who had only been trying to push back.

"Wait...I'm sorry-I come off strong because that's all I know how to do." He looked down, hating to be this honest about himself but he knew he had to. He could tell she was upset and that her heart was in the right place after all. "You think I just flirt...I get hat. To most people, that's what they see. But I have loved and lost someone so great that it can never be shared again. You struck a nerve and I took it too far. If you haven't found what I had yet, maybe you still will some day. It's never too late..."
PM
^
☽ SNOW WHITE
 Posted: May 7 2017, 06:02 AM
491 • Archangel/Former Human • Purity • Nomad

she's a little bit of heaven with a
wild side
Snow did not make it very far. She paused just a few strides forward upon hearing the beginnings of an apology. However, the Archangel refused to face the archer, stubbornly choosing to keep her back to him. While she knew that it was rude, particularly when the person in question was apologizing to her, she did not wish to harm her pride further. Crying was something that she rarely did and there were only a select few that she allowed to see such an action.

She breathed deeply, quickly wiping away the tears before she turned to face him. She eyed him for a moment. "I have," she said, making sure to choose her words carefully. She had made a promise to Phobos and she took such a matter seriously. "I have a father and brethren that love me greatly." The words felt a bit hollow, but she knew it to be true. Charles always showed her care and she had been told by another angel that she would always be one of the family despite her death. "However-"

The words became stuck in her throat. She knew what she wanted to say, but it was difficult. She had struggled to tell Caerwyn and now she was attempting to tell some insufferable man that she barely knew just a bit more than what she had told her own brother. "Most of what is in the story of Snow White is true, though you would have to go by the original draft. If you take out all the magic...well, then you have a fair idea of what my human life was like." Absently, she smoothed out her skirt. "I would advise you try accepting your weaknesses. Your love would no doubt be happier if you tried to learn from your pain and live happily, no? Facades often just lead to misery."

words: many
outfit: shirt skirt coat
tag: Robin Hood
notes: ...

LULU
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.