Add Reply
New Poll

I don't know what the cluck I am doing., saved
❂ SHEA LOMBARDOZZI
 Posted: May 21 2017, 10:03 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Two days ago Shea has rescued a chicken from a group of assholes that had thought it would be funny to tie a a string of firecrackers to its foot. They were all older and bigger boys around fifteen and there had been three of them but that had not stopped her from throwing herself at them. Before that she had rashly and stupidly grabbed the string of lit firecrackers barehanded and yanked them off the chicken. She winded up with a busted lip and a gash just above her left eye, as well as burns on her left hand but she had rescued the chicken she now called Loretta.

After the rescue she had practically ran the whole way to the vets office. Thankfully she was okay besides for some singed feathers. Shea had asked what would happen to the chicken and they had told her they would look for the owner, but asked if she could watch her till then as they did not have anyone. Shea had not hesitating before she had said that she wanted to keep her. She realized then that she had no idea how to care for a chicken A girl at the vet said she knew someone that did and to leave her number with her. For the time being Shea could Google what to do.

She also realized she should have told her parents before simply showing up carrying a chicken. After a lot of begging she had managed to convince them to let her keep it.. at least until they found out more information. Currently Loretta’s temporary home was a large dog cage that she had borrowed from a neighbor. She had also picked up some chicken food from the grocery store.

The person, a woman, had called the next day and talked to Shea. Her parents, after talking to the lady, had agreed to let Shea meet with her at the house. She was on her front porch now with Loretta in her lap as she waited for the woman. Shea had found that while skittish at first, Loretta had calmed down and now let Shea hold and stroke her.

She was already hoping that she would be able to keep her permanently as Shea had already fallen in love with her. Greg had said a chicken was food, not a pet but she had found that chickens were smarter and more affectionate than she had thought More smarter than Greg she bet. Her mother did not seem to be allergic either!
PM
^
☽ ESMERALDA
 Posted: May 22 2017, 08:12 PM
558 • Former Human • Compassion • France

god help the outcasts
children of god

Esmeralda had begun to realize how helpful the modern world was. Its technology was far beyond anything she had known when she had been human. Due to the range of children that she tended to end up helping, she was not often around it. The poor and homeless were not often exposed to such things unless they were slowly beginning to get out of such ruts or were lying. However, Esmeralda was beginning to see some of the usefulness of it all. She had taken a plane months ago, something which made traveling easy. In her case, it meant that she did not have to waste energy with her magic all the time. There were other pieces of technology, some of which were useful to her and others which were not.

Her most recent discovery was the cell phone. She had already known about phones, having discovered them years ago. However, this device appeared to be the same device just...portable. They came with different designs and allowed people to do much more than simply call people.

She had learned this after coming into possession of a mortal's cell phone and failing to return it. Since then, she had kept the device. She was not entirely sure she had done the right thing, but she had already spent a great deal of effort trying to return the device. She would not waste more.

The device came in handy when she had been at the vet. The Guardian of Compassion had been there due to a young child. While her work was not done, knowing that the child might need her help soon after he was done visiting the vet. While she was waiting, one of the receptionists- one of her few believers- mentioned that she had given her phone number out to a child who owned a chicken and needed help.

Esmeralda decided to call the next day.

The entire conversation went a lot smoother than she thought it might. Being a Guardian, she was not sure if she would be able to speak to everyone involved. Belief was a fickle thing and she knew that she was likely one of the Guardians with little belief. Thankfully, it went down a lot smoother than that. She was able to talk to the girl and then her parents before setting up a date at which she could meet with the youth.

Esmeralda was careful with her use of magic, knowing that it was probably best if the child's parents thought her human. She arrived a distance away from the house in a whirlwind before walking to the house. She paused at the house, seeing a girl who did not look too much older than herself, at least...appearance wise. After all, Esmeralda had died when she had only been sixteen

"Hello," she said, not wanting to enter upon the property until she knew she had the right place, "Are you Shea?"

MICKEN
PM
^
❂ SHEA LOMBARDOZZI
 Posted: May 25 2017, 10:23 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

She wondered if she could teach a chicken to come when called like a dog. She also wondered if one could walk on leash and am amusing image of her walking her chicken played in her head. She was brought out of her daydream by a voice and when she looked Shea saw that Esmeralda who she dubbed the chicken lady had arrived. It looked like she had walked as Shea did not see a car.

She was was younger than Shea thought, like Greg's age. Not that; that mattered to her, it just surprised her was all. “Yea, that is me!” Shea said as she stood up with Loretta “ And I guess you are Esmeralda the chicken lady... or chicken girl rather” She said with a wide grin. She meant the term lightly and hoped she would not be upset by it.

“Thanks for coming!” Shea said gratefully as she moved to the top of the stairs “This is Lorretta .” She says as she nods at the chicken in her arms. She had debated about what to name her for a short while, the family had suggest a lot of names... some better than others. Dinner from Greg, Kentucky from dad and Iron Man from Henry and Isabella from mom. Shea had winded up going with the name of the person that outside of family that meant the most to her. It had been a while, to long a while since their last visit.
PM
^
☽ ESMERALDA
 Posted: May 26 2017, 01:01 AM

god help the outcasts
children of god

A brief look of relief crossed Esmeralda's face before it was replaced with a bright smile. She chuckled at the girl's words. "Indeed," she said before crossing into the girl's yard, meeting her at the stairs.

"Of course," she said before her gaze drifted to the chicken in the girl's arms. She nodded to the one in her own arms. The poor creature appeared to be rather irritated and ruffled, having become windswept due to their journey. "This is Victoire." She glanced at Shea curiously. "I was told that you needed help?"

MICKEN
PM
^
❂ SHEA LOMBARDOZZI
 Posted: Jun 28 2017, 07:22 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

Victoire. " Cool name." Shea said with a grin. She liked it. It made her think of winning and being a champion. Victory, Victoire."Um... yea." Shea said sheepishly when she asked her about needing help. "I dunno what.." she paused when suddenly her lips tugged upwards as a pun came to her. "I dunno what the..cluck I am doing." A self satisfied smirk followed. Okay, okay enough with puns. Esmeralda and Victore had come out all this way for her.

"I would just like some help in just... how to take care of Loretta."
Shea said as she scratched her under the chin. "I've never really been around chickens... or any birds really." She admitted. "My other pets are cockroaches, giant hissing ones. Got seven of them. " She said pridefully. Shea loved her roaches. Most of her friends and the rest of her family were grossed out but to Shea they were her pets. They all had named and she could tell each apart. She even even talked to them like most people did their dogs or cats.

PM
^
☽ ESMERALDA
 Posted: Jun 28 2017, 10:31 PM

god help the outcasts
children of god

Esmeralda rose an eyebrow at Shea's words, but otherwise took them in stride. So, she did not know what she was doing? The Guardian doubted that. After all, she probably had some idea of what she was doing otherwise she would not be in possession of a chicken. However, there was no doubt that she was probably new to...well, owning a chicken.

"Well, that is what I am here for," she said kindly. After all, she had been called. However, the situation was suddenly put into perceptive at the mention of cockroaches as pets. From the sound of it, the young girl probably did not know much about owning something that might require a fair amount of maintenance. Though, she was not particularly sure if a cockroach would require that. "Well, why don't you tell me what you do know what to do and how you have been taking care of the chicken up until now- such as feeding, where you have been keeping it, and so on- and we can work from there."

MICKEN
PM
^
❂ SHEA LOMBARDOZZI
 Posted: Aug 8 2017, 11:18 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

"I checked out a book from the library and looked up some stuff online. I know they, hens, can lay an egg a day when they get about six months old and they can live to up seven years!" Shea had no idea they lived that long or they could lay that many eggs! That could be hundreds a year!

Shea leads her around the house and trough the wooden fence door that led to their backward. It is a large yard the family uses all the time. There is a grill and patio with a basketball goal nearby. There is also a trampoline and the large tree in the yard boosts a decent sized tree house. They had even made a pulley system so Shea could get up easier. Her dad had built it when Sam was ten. She makes her way around the tree and to the makeshift shelter for Loretta.

"I built a small pen just for now. She had seen coops in the book and online but had not had time to make one. She had managed a small wooden pen that was five foot by five with chicken wire. Yes, chicken wire. She had gone down to the hardware store, her home away from home and picked up some after the owner had suggested it. It kept out snakes and stuff. "I also got some food stuff" She says with a nod of the twenty pound bag of crumblies she had found at the grocery store. It was all they had and she was surprised to see it. She had seen things like special food and water containers online but for now she had her moms bowls.

"I don't leave her in to much except overnight since mom wont let her stay inside. I wanna build something bigger and fancier when I get the wood and such. I saw some cool coops online."
Dad said that he would help her out as well.
PM
^
☽ ESMERALDA
 Posted: Aug 9 2017, 06:49 PM

god help the outcasts
children of god

Esmeralda nodded at what Shea said. "That's mostly correct," she admitted, "How long they live and when they'll start laying varies upon breed. It can pretty much be boiled down to larger and smaller breeds though. Smaller breeds live longer and lay sooner. Larger are the opposite. Do you know what breed it is?"

They soon came to the backyard. Coming to the pen, she inspected it. While Victoire did not have a pen, she did have a fair idea as to what one should be like. The primary purpose should be to keep them in. At the moment, the pen looked fairly fragile. "Is this a temporary pen?" she queried. Her eyes shifted before she slowly nodded. "As long as Loretta is eating it that should be fine. If she isn't then you might want to try out something else."

She nodded at what Shea said. "If you plan on making one, I'd make sure it has a roof. If the walls are too short or weak, she'll find a way out. You'll also want to lay something down."

MICKEN SHEA LOMBARDOZZI
PM
^
❂ SHEA LOMBARDOZZI
 Posted: Aug 27 2017, 07:06 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

“I believe she is a Polish"
It was the chicken with crazy hair feathers, just like her! Shea had never seen a chicken like Loretta before, nor had she known known there was so many chicken breeds. There were hundreds of different kinds and some pretty wild looking.

“She seems to be eating pretty good for now. I even got her to eat out of my hand." Shea exclaimed as she set Loretta back in her cage. If she held her for much longer Loretta would wind up pooping on her. Shea couldn't help but grin as she remembered her dad trying to set her own his head and how she had pooped without him realizing.

Shea nodded when she mentioned a roof and strong sides. "I am going to build her something bigger and better. I might even try to do a spaceship coop. ...A chicken coop that looks like a spaceship! “" How cool would that be?! Maybe she could even have it look like the death star or something like that. "What kinda stuff should I lay own?" Shea asked, wondering. That had been something she hadn't thought about.

PM
^
☽ ESMERALDA
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 10:36 PM

god help the outcasts
children of god

Esmeralda nodded slowly in reply to Shea's words. "She probably won't lay much," she noted, "Polish chickens lay about two eggs a week, a few more if you are lucky. They are more for- ah- decoration, so to speak. However, she'll probably be a lot friendlier than your average chicken if she is a Polish chicken."

The Romani nodded, a smile coming to her face at Shea's words. "That is good," she said, "In that case, make sure you remember to feed her and keep to a schedule as to when you do it." Of course, she figured it was commonsense, but considering what some people could be like she wanted to make sure that the point was made.

Her lips quirked, amused at the picture that the human painted. "As long as Loretta can move around, I am sure she'll be happy She adopted a thoughtful face. "Well, sand or wood chips work well. Considering that you are keeping it back here, I would suggest laying down wood chips. Sand works better when mud is the base beneath it."

MICKEN
PM
^
❂ SHEA LOMBARDOZZI
 Posted: Feb 11 2018, 08:51 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

They had decoration chickens? It reminded Shea of those little does women would tote around in their purses. Shea thought about toting Loretta in a purse like that and grinned. "Oh well, at least I will not get sick of eggs that way." She said. See? Silver lining in everything if you looked hard enough. Plus she would be more friendly!

"I will. I can check on her before and after school."
That would be pretty easy. get dressed, eat and check on Loretta .. then come home check on Loertta and do homework. "Wood chips, got it." She said. Shea felt herself getting excited all over again, owning chicken was going to awesome!

"So, what do you do when not being a chicken whisperer? " Shea asked with a grin.
PM
^
☽ ESMERALDA
 Posted: Feb 15 2018, 03:09 AM

god help the outcasts
children of god

Esmeralda's lips quirked at the young girl's reply. Thankfully, it appeared as though she was not upset by the news, but then it was possible that she had not entirely cared too much about the eggs. After all, Shea appeared to be a young teenager. Chances were that she cared more about the chicken itself for some reason or another. She somewhat doubted that it was a deep answer.

Everything seemed to be said and the youthful looking immortal nodded, looking appeased by this fact. However, her lips curved into a quiet half-smirk at the question. "Travel," she said vaguely. It was technically the truth after all. "You technically taught me at a good time. I was going to travel to Austria sometime soon."

MICKEN
PM
^
❂ SHEA LOMBARDOZZI
 Posted: Mar 11 2018, 06:02 PM
N/A • N/A • N/A • N/A

"Really? Cool!" She declared. [b]"My grandpa use to travel around when he was younger. He went to every continent but Antarctica." She said. "I'd like to do the same one day and visit all the places he did." Shea loved his stories of his travels. She still had a map in her room with pins in all the countries he had been to.

Shea wandered what Esmeralda did in her travels. Maybe she visited people with chicken problems all over the world. Maybe she had a special chicken phone that sounded whenever someone had a chicken problem and she would fly to wherever there was an issue. Okay.. maybe not but the thoughts amused her. "I am glad you were hear to help me then" She said thankfully. "Loretta is glad to!" She said with a grin
PM
^
☽ ESMERALDA
 Posted: Mar 17 2018, 01:55 AM

god help the outcasts
children of god

It was all a bit of a white lie as far as Esmeralda was concerned. Lies were something that she was used to telling, having been raised by a particularly bad group of Romani who were as good as criminals. However, she was fairly sure that it was better that Shea didn't know that the reason that she traveled around was due to her being a Guardian. As nice as the story sounded, she was fairly sure that some danger came with the information. She would prefer the young girl was not put at risk because of her; she was far too used to people being placed in such a situation after all.

She chuckled, tucking a thick strand of hair behind her ear. "I supposed that is one way to describe it," she admitted, purposely pushing the far less pleasant memories in regards to her travels to the back of her mind. Out of sight, out of mind. "That sounds like quite an ambition. Is there anywhere in particular that you would like to visit the most?"

Her lips quirked upwards at the thank you. "As am I," she said lightly.

@MICKEN
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.