Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Picking Up Speed, tag Moon Rabbit
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Dec 24 2017, 02:32 PM
10,000 • Rabbit • Knowledge • N/A

”Where your place is…” Khonsu repeated the question, his gaze going between Thoth and the board. He needed to focus on the game, not on this….banter. But was that perhaps part of the game that Thoth was playing? This time, all this time, was he attempting to draw focus away from the board? And here Khonsu had been attempting to rile the other up...but he had been using that to his advantage. Clever God.

”It is not to wear this light of mine, surely.” he muttered, though whether or not that was true had yet to be seen. At least the other deity hadn’t noticed his plan; he had responded in kind to Khonsu’s move, and Khonsu in turn drew another piece forward, starting to form the fringes of his barricade against what strange chaos Thoth thought to win with. He would need to be quicker of the mind if he was to win this game.

In the background, the Moon Rabbit watched with a twinkle in his eye, a small flask in his hand - whence retrieved neither player surely knew, but he took a quick sip from its contents as he chuckled to himself. Clearly the hare had spotted something in this game.
you can count on me
You started sinking and it pulled you down It may be tough you've to get back up Because you know that life ain't over yet I'm here for you so don't forget You can count on me Cause’ I will carry you till you Carry on Anytime you need someone Somebody strong to lean on Well you can count on me To hold you till the healing is done And every time you fall apart Well you can hide here in my arms And you can count on me To hold you till that feeling is gone
~|love, libby

THOTH
PM
^
✧ THOTH
 Posted: Dec 26 2017, 07:12 AM
Unknown • Egyptian Deity • Equilibrium • Egypt/Duat

It was becoming clear that Khonsu was growing far more focused on the game than their conversation. To some degree, that was good as it meant that the other deity was likely beginning to take the game a bit more seriously. That, or he was starting to become a bit befuddled. Either suited the God of Knowledge well enough. He should only hope to know how quick the lunar deity managed to react. It would be quite poor if it took him too long to realize the plot that was being used against him.

On the other hand, their competition might become far more interesting if it resulted with Khonsu being a bit more sour. People always did enjoy grand tales and it would likely be far more suiting if they ended up playing more than one game, if only to settle Thoth's point. Though, knowing the way people often worked their game would likely end up exaggerated no matter who won or how it played out.

"Such is something that is undoubtedly to be left to Ma'at," he said lightly, kindly responding in kind to Khonsu's move. Thus far, it appeared that the other deity had not noticed his plan. He should hope it went on long enough to be beneficial to himself.

His gaze briefly drifted to the Moon Rabbit, a mild look of amusement crossing his face as he noticed the expression on the hare's face. Hm, it appeared that not everybody was unaware. How delightful.

What's a god to a non-believer?

MOON RABBIT | Carma | ....
PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Jan 12 2018, 08:50 PM

Left to Ma’at….that was fair enough, though it did seem as though their conversation had come to an end. There was little he could say to those words, and he found he hardly wanted to. There was something strange about the atmosphere - charged, as though the game was taking a turn, but he couldn’t see precisely why; as far as he could tell, the God was, as of yet, acting in some strange way as though to evade Khonsu’s trap, but certainly not with any visible strategy. He couldn’t see how Thoth thought he would win this battle the way he was play--

At least, not until that last move, just now. That particular move…

He had seen a strategy like it once before. Only he had discovered it several moves in advance, and had been able to defend and defeat his foe. This….why hadn’t he noticed until now? Was it their conversation? His own annoyance at the challenge to begin with? Thoth’s strategy….he could still win, he could still beat it, surely…

”I see you play a conniving game, sir.” he breathed, assessing his options. He could go for the offensive in an attempt to thwart Thoth before his plan could be made victorious...but that was a risky game. If he only defended, though, he knew he would lose. Offense was his only option. He made his move, aiming to take one of the straggling pieces for himself. ”A trickster you are after all.”
you can count on me
You started sinking and it pulled you down It may be tough you've to get back up Because you know that life ain't over yet I'm here for you so don't forget You can count on me Cause’ I will carry you till you Carry on Anytime you need someone Somebody strong to lean on Well you can count on me To hold you till the healing is done And every time you fall apart Well you can hide here in my arms And you can count on me To hold you till that feeling is gone
~|love, libby

THOTH
PM
^
✧ THOTH
 Posted: Jan 20 2018, 04:39 AM

The conversation dwindled into nonexistence as Khonsu focused on the game. Instead of focusing upon the game, Thoth turned his attention to his opponent. It was clear that the lunar deity was confused on many aspects, far more hesitant to move this time around. No doubt the prideful deity was considering how the game had come to this point. Considering what he knew his brother-in-law to be like, he no doubt thought that the God of Wisdom had delved into trickery with magic not at his disposal and a watchful eye upon him.

Amusingly enough, it appeared as though he was not far off. He did have to wonder how the lunar deity would react if Thoth had merely used strategy, less taking advantage of the other deity's weaknesses and merely relying upon his own strengths. Perhaps he would not believe him. After all, people often forgot how intelligent the deity was, no doubt because they forgot how old he was. Unpleasant as he could be, pride was a vice he did attempt to avoid.

"A trickster?" he echoed, looking quite amused, "I'm afraid I have told you nothing but the truth." But then, he supposed that the claim was not too far off. After all, it was in the nature of tricksters to place the truth in plain sight, always taunting and for the sake of the game. Thoth might not be known for being a trickster, but it was no lie that he did enjoy such a scheme.

He gazed to the board, lips quirking upwards slightly. With his plan set in motion, he moved forward not in defense but offense.

PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Jan 23 2018, 10:21 PM

”A trickster does not always a liar make.” Khonsu murmured, quirking a brow, a slight furrow in his expression. This was certainly problematic...he was not ahead as he had thought, but rather moving into the defensive. ”A trickster is a twister of words, is he not? You may have your truth but you present it in a difficult way.” He had few words more to say, though, as the game progressed.

He certainly was losing, and from each move that went by he could only see how futile his defenses were. He gained so little from his attempts….he had even begun to act more wildly, out of pattern, with chaos in mind. Yet, he still had lost pieces even without using strategy at all. The final move was dawning soon, he could see it; with his minimal capability to move left, he offered a small, wry smile, making what would probably be his final stand.

”End it, if you will. A wise God knows when he is beaten.”
you can count on me
~|love, libby

THOTH
PM
^
✧ THOTH
 Posted: Jan 25 2018, 05:00 AM

Thoth did not bother to correct Khonsu. After all, there was no need to. The lunar deity was technically correct. In fact, the only fallacy likely existed in what was unsaid: that his brother-in-law likely did not trust anything he said. He was fairly sure that the other deity was far more paranoid than he needed to be when it came to him, seeing tricks and lies where they did not truly exist. While it was true that Thoth was not a liar, it was not true that everything that came from him was a trick. In fact, he was relatively sure that far less than the average individual presumed was a trick.

"The truth is difficult," he said instead, "That it does not always present itself clearly is not my fault." He would not call this a trick, if only because he did not tend to think of himself as a trickster. In fact, he had probably been a bit too blunt for one. He had told Khonsu exactly what he had done to prepare after all. It was hardly his fault that the other deity tended to overthink.

His expression lightened slightly at the other deity's words. With his next move, the game ended as he had successfully corner Khonsu.

PM
^
☽ MOON RABBIT
 Posted: Jan 29 2018, 11:23 PM

The game had come to an end, with Khonsu defeated. The deity sat back, rubbing his temples, beaten,but humbled. From the background, their onlooker stepped forward with a grin, the Man in the Moon hopping down toward them at his side. ”Vat was somefin’ ter watch….bu’ I kind ov figgehhed ye were gonna win some’at like halfway in. I don’t fink ye came ‘ere wiffahht a plan, did ye?” He chuckled, tapping the little black panel under his arm, where he had now recorded yet another story for their library to hold. ”Nae bad played by eivver. Bu’ Manny, it’s up ter you ter make th’final call. Who’s th’one ter win?”

The small, chubby-cheeked, smiling boy did not hesitate, bouncing airily - as though he weighed nothing at all - to stand perched beside not Khonsu, but by Thoth, an arm raised high as he let out a soft glow. Douglas grinned, watching as Khonsu turned away with a mutter of annoyance, a faint flush to his face. ”An’ vat’s vat. Sah I do believe…..ye made an arrangement, righ’? Ye plan ter keep vat promise, Moon God?”

There was only silence that followed, no words, but a nod. Douglas chuckled. ”Ven it’s settled. An’ as for you…” He gestured toward Thoth again with a grin. ”Drinks on me ter celebrate.”
you can count on me
~|love, libby

THOTH
PM
^
✧ THOTH
 Posted: Feb 3 2018, 09:47 PM

The game had come to an end. However, it was a far more pleasant end than Thoth had anticipated. After all, he rather enjoyed a simple game that lacked any true animosity, and it was clear that any pride that Khonsu had possessed at the beginning had been replaced by humility. The other deity likely realized this, as he seemed unwilling to say much and there was a subtle amount of annoyance lurking in his countenance.

Thoth turned his attention to the Moon Rabbit. His lips quirked into an amused smile. "Hmm, was it that obvious?" It was a rhetorical question, of course, but he could hardly care if it was answered. That it might have been obvious was not too surprising. After all, he had not been trying to hide his maneuver. He had, as he had told Khonsu, done some reading. "You are...somewhat correct," he mused, "I was mostly pulling off of my readings though." And by readings he meant what he knew of strategy. It seemed that Khonsu had forgotten that Thoth was not just the God of Magic. He was a God of Wisdom and a fairly old one.

His gaze flickered to the Tsar. Without much surprise at all, Thoth was declared the winner. Unlike Douglas, the old deity paid little attention to his brother-in-law, already knowing from the beginning that his pride would likely be wounded by this game. However, his gaze did flicker to the Moon deity at Douglas' question, taking in the affirmative nod before glancing away. He knew Khonsu to be many things, but he trusted him not to be a liar.

His lips quirked upwards at the Moon Rabbit's query. "Of course."

MOON RABBIT | Carma | Good place to end it unless you want to continue on to them drinking?
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 4 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.