Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

My Unlucky Strike, tag Kayden
☥ POESY CASSEL
 Posted: Sep 30 2017, 05:09 AM
1751 • Malevolent Elf • Sadism • France

RAISE HELL
YOU CAN'T RAISE HELL WITH A SAINT

The youth truly did seem to be quite oblivious, if not a bit ignorant. Perhaps it was a human thing. After all, not all of the ones that she had come across were the most pleasant of individuals nor the smartest. However, it seemed like fairly basic knowledge for one to know how puberty worked, whether they were human or magical. "I advise you open up a science book," she said dryly, "Not having hit puberty in any shape or form at fifteen is not a late bloomer. Your voice should have at least cracked by now." Knowing her luck, she was probably talking to a wall though. Normal people could be quite dim.

She rolled her eyes. "Drinking is only unfun if you are stupid enough to get drunk," she said dryly, "And I was not offering, you wet blanket." Seriously, this kid went beyond paranoid. It was probably somewhat healthy all things considered, but she only found it annoying considering that she actually did not have anything planned.

Kayden's nerves seemed to go unnoticed by Poesy, as the dark elf appeared to be completely in her element despite who much she clearly stood out. A long pause settled before the blonde gave his answer. The waiter nodded before disappearing. Not looking up, Poesy said lightly, "You should loosen up."

XOXO
PM
^
✧ KAYDEN DUNSMOOR
 Posted: Nov 17 2017, 05:25 AM
17 • Human Immortal • Determination • Austria

At the very least Kayden did have to admit to himself that there was something really off with him not showing any sign of hitting puberty. He did worry about that fact a lot. He was fifteen surely something should have happened by now yet he was still the same height as when he first woke up more than a year ago. Did something happen to him that made it so he wouldn’t change in any shape or form? No. That couldn’t be it. That sounded like some bad plot from a book. He would eventually hit puberty. He knew it. He hasn’t been fifteen for very long. Only a couple months. There was enough time for something big change to happen to him. He just need to be patience and wait it out. It would come to him soon enough.

The idea that there may be the possibility that he might actually never hit puberty and be stuck being five foot two for the rest of his life is not one he liked very much. He wanted to be taller. It isn’t always so easy being as tiny as he was. It made a lot of things difficult. A good number of people didn’t take him seriously. Sometimes even think he was younger than what he was. It was a huge pain to deal with. He wasn’t some little kid. He lived by himself off the streets. The blond did have to admit that Poesy did have a fair point. Then again, everyone was different. He could still have time. “I just turned fifteen a couple months ago. There is still time. Something could happen.” He replied. “Something has to happen, right? It wouldn’t be normal if nothing did.”

He knew she wasn’t offering him anything of the like. He wasn’t stupid. He was just saying is all. He didn’t understand why but the whole idea of drinking is one he hated. Alcohol turned good people into idiots. He had seen it plenty of times within the past year or so. Why would anyone want to drink was beyond him though that was just him. Everyone liked and did different things. As long as the other didn’t get drunk, he would be fine with it. And by the sounds of it, she wasn’t planning to. “A lot of people are stupid enough to get drunk. I’ve seen in plenty of times.” He said back. None of which were very fun experiences. “I already said I don’t want any. I’m fifteen. It’s against the law here.”

There were way too many eyes on the two of them for Kayden to calm down. He felt so out of place here. He wasn’t dressed for a restaurant like this. He had no idea how to eat at a fancy place. He lived off the streets for the past year. “Loosen up? Look where we are. I don’t look like I belong here. Everything’s all fancy.” Sure, it is free food, but he couldn’t handle this. It was too much for him.

509 — words
MOMOtags
-- — notes

PMEmail
^
☥ POESY CASSEL
 Posted: Nov 17 2017, 06:58 AM

RAISE HELL

Poesy's eyes bore into the youth. There was a knowing look to him and, to some extent, she did know something that the blonde did not. What he was describing did not sound like illness or something natural. The former was her speciality, part of her life even. Moreover, she had been alive long enough to know that humans tended to age similarly even if things happened at different points of time. If this boy was fifteen and not showing any signs of puberty then something was probably up. Heck, he might not be human, at least...not anymore.

Her lips twitches upwards at the thought. Undoubtedly, he had an uncomfortable future ahead. "Oh, something will happen alright," she said lightly, "But...later, like you said." Let him realize the hard way that he was stuck lookin that way for awhile.

But boy, this kid was a stick in the mud, hm? "You're not wrong," she said, "However, it tends to be fine when you have it with a meal- a bit of good wine with some good food." Drinking it alone had never been fun in her opinion. Easier to get drunk and all of that.

She rolled her eyes. "And I look it less." It was a clear truth. Poesy was dressed incredibly casually and quite revealing. A restaurant such as this was the last place one would expect her to be, particularly be able to afford on her own. "If you care about what everyone thinks you'll never enjoy yourself."

XOXO
PM
^
✧ KAYDEN DUNSMOOR
 Posted: Dec 29 2017, 04:01 AM

The idea that he will one day be much taller and bigger than he was now is something Kayden refused to give up no matter what anyone said. He could not be this small for the rest of his life. It wasn’t normal for it to be like that. He was going to hit puberty sooner or later, right? He was around that age when it happened now that it should hit any time now. All he needed is to be patience and wait it out until puberty finally hit him. He just turned fifteen years old not too long ago. It has been little over a month now if he remembered right. There was more than enough time before he turned sixteen even then there was still time. He could be a very late bloomer if that was the case. Maybe nothing happened yet because he wasn’t sleeping or eating as much as he should be.

Shaking that thought away he brought his attention back onto Poesy. Somehow hearing that something will happen to him from her sounded like nothing would ever happen. The blond didn’t know why he felt that way, he just did. Just a second, ago she seemed like she didn’t think that he was a late bloomer. She could just be saying that to just shut him up. Or it could be something else entirely. Either way, Kayden figured it would be best to simply drop the subject instead. “Yup. Can’t wait until it does.” He replied back. “So…Um….What brings you to this city other than kidnapping people?” He added in jokingly.

Drinking is not something he would ever understand why people enjoyed doing so when it changed them into being completely different people. “Whatever you say. It your choice either way.” He shrugged. Maybe it was fun in the eyes of an adult, but to him it never would be. As long as the other did not get drunk that is all that really mattered to him. Then again, he had no right to complain, he was getting a free meal here.

Calming down was a lot easier said than done. There were too many eyes on them for Kayden to put his nerves at ease. It did not matter what Poesy said. He felt so out of place here. He was a kid that lived off the streets, doing whatever he could to survive to see another day. There’s no way he should be eating at some fancy restaurant like this. He didn’t belong. “No you don’t. You look fine compared to me.” He argued back. “I live off the streets. There is no way I belong in here. The only reason I care is because later I’m going to need to ask one of them for a job. How can I do that now when they see me eating here?”

478 — words
MOMOtags
-- — notes

PMEmail
^
☥ POESY CASSEL
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 12:43 AM

RAISE HELL

Poesy was not sure if Kayden's naivety was sad or amusing. Somehow, he had managed to deceive himself into thinking whatever was wrong with him could just be attributed to puberty being a bit late. While she could not claim to know what was preventing his puberty, she knew that it was not nearly that simple. More than likely, it was related to magic in some manner. However, the terrible mixture of his humanity- if it even still existed- and normality had brought him to the point where he could not look the truth in the eye.

Typical.

She rose an eyebrow. "Traveling," she replied honestly. It was a harmless question and she saw no reason to give him the truth. She doubted that he would be able to tie together the truth about her with a simple fact. "I left home recently and this was just somewhere along the way. I suppose I will settle down eventually, though I am not exactly sure as to where." She hardly knew the world well enough thus far to have an idea of where she wanted to live. Perhaps she would just live her days traveling. It was not something fae did, but then she had little interest in what was traditional.

Thankfully, the blonde seemed to be finally ready to drop the subject of alcohol. She had no idea why he was so hung up on the subject, but she was glad to have it put to rest. Unfortunately, he seemed to simply replace it with another subject. How annoying. "You assume that everyone takes the time to bother and remember everyone they spared a glance for," she said lightly. People hardly cared that much. "That is incorrect. The world is a lot more simple than you are making it out to be."

XOXO
PM
^
✧ KAYDEN DUNSMOOR
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 03:00 AM

It was no surprise that the other, much like himself, was traveling the world. Kayden guessed that they had different reasons for doing so. He was searching for a way to get back the memories he lost and where exactly he belonged and where he came from. His search started over a year ago now and still nothing. There were no answers that came his way. The only thing that did show itself was that he was able to control water although he was scared to do so. For the most part, he tried to forget that he even had the ability. Her reasons were much different from his. She left home while he was trying to find his home. They were trying to do the opposite of what the other wanted. It was kind of funny actually. What were the odds of that happening.

Knowing how the world worked, she was probably having an easier time getting to travel and find a place to sleep. He was only fifteen years old. Hardly anyone would trust a teen like him with much of anything. It was difficult to find work so he could pay for the things he needed. He didn’t like the idea, but if it called for it he would steal and break into places to sleep. He hated doing so but he needed to do it in order to survive to see another day and get everything he was traveling for to begin with. “Um….If you don’t mind me asking. Why did you leave home?” He questioned. He could not imagine leaving somewhere as important as home. There were people who cared for you and wanted to be with you. To a boy who had nothing, he couldn’t see why anyone would leave from that.

Kayden understood where Poesy was coming from. Most would not bother casting him a second glance normally but here? Here was different. He was not some kid roaming the streets. He was invading their fancy restaurant when he clearly did not belong. From what he saw, the rich and powerful did not like anyone from the lower status to come to such places. They would surely remember him. He was smaller than what he should be and not to mention that he was with someone who equally did not look like they belonged. He knew this would come back and bite him later. “Yeah I know that. But they aren’t just glancing at us. They are staring at us. They are judging us for being somewhere we don’t belong.” He argued back. “They won’t give me work knowing that I was brave enough to eat the same place they do.”

448 — words
MOMOtags
-- — notes

PMEmail
^
☥ POESY CASSEL
 Posted: Feb 6 2018, 04:48 AM

RAISE HELL
At Kayden's hesitant question, Poesy opened her mouth to answer only to pause, brow furrowing. Technically, she knew why she had probably left. She could recall the slaughter of her family with a great amount of accuracy, along with the large amount of hatred that she held for her family. What she could not recall were the exact reasons for why she had left. Logically, it seemed simple to presume that it had been because of the slaughter and her hatred of her family. With them gone, she could leave a place that was not really a home. At the same time, she also knew that it could have easily been for another reason. After all, she had held the choice to stay or go. All she had was conjecture based on broken memories.

"I don't remember," she finally said. Her lips pursed in what appeared to be displeasure. Leaving it at that did not seem right and she knew quite well that she could not tell him what she thought the truth was. Most people had problems with murder, whether it seemed justified or not. "I have memory problems," she said instead, "Like serious ones. I can't remember chunks of...before. Don't know why I left, but I did. Maybe I just didn't like France."

It was an uncomfortably truthful statement, but she was fine with leaving it at that. He wouldn't have to know about everything else. She refused to let him know about everything else.

She gave him a bland look. "People always judge," she said lightly, "And if you base every decision off of that fact you will be miserable. Besides-" She frowned slightly. "People are not so simple that they decide what job to give you off of where you eat." It was other things they considered, things this kid obviously wasn't thinking about.

XOXO
PM
^
✧ KAYDEN DUNSMOOR
 Posted: Mar 21 2018, 12:45 AM

It came as a surprising hearing that the other, much like himself, had problems with their memory. He did not think he would ever come across someone who held the same problem as him. The two of them were alike in only that aspect. She left her home on purpose. She had a reason for leaving. What that reason as she couldn’t remember it… Or maybe she did not to admit what those reasons were to some fifteen year old she just happen to meet. Either case, there reasons were opposite from each other. He had no idea why he left home. He couldn’t even remember the reason. Most of his past had been wiped clean. But he felt as if he left home on good terms. He did not why he felt that way but he did. He wanted to believe that home of his was still out there somewhere. He just needed to find it.

“I don’t remember anything from my past. That’s why I’m here. I’m looking for answers to as where I belong. It’s been over a year now and nothing ever came up…” Trailing off at the end, he found it rather difficult to be telling anyone of the real reasons why he was traveling around the world. Not once did he ever really mention it to someone before this. Poesy was the first. It was probably only because she was experiencing the same memory problem as him. If she didn’t, he would have said nothing. “Um… If you wanted to you could go home, right? That’s something. You remember where you came from.” He added in quickly in an attempt to change the subject. Right now, he did not want to think on how despite how much he spent searching nothing happened in regards to remembering anything noteworthy.

There was a clear pout of the blond’s face. He had to admit that Poesy was right. People were going to judge no matter what. From what Kayden understood it was only natural. But still having all these eyes on him made him feel uneasy. He liked having no attention drawn to himself. He was small so most people seemed to overlook him. “I know that.” He replied back. “It’s just I’m not exactly used to this many people staring...Why did you pick somewhere so fancy? Can you even afford this?” So many more questions popped inside his head but he decided to hold them back. He didn’t want to annoy the other in any shape or form.

422 — words
MOMOtags
-- — notes

PMEmail
^
☥ POESY CASSEL
 Posted: Mar 24 2018, 02:46 AM

RAISE HELL
The blonde was an open book and Poesy had to wonder if another would be able to read his surprise as easily as she could. After all, he did not seem to be very good at hiding his emotions, allowing them to be out in the open for others to see and read. Of course, he had said he was young and he certainly looked close to it. As such, she supposed that it made sense that he was something of an open book.

Quietly, she listened to him speak. It was fairly interesting to hear about another who had memory problems, though from the sound of it his were much worse than her own. She at least could recall her past before her family had given her the rune, though she would never call such memories complete. It was fairly clear that she was missing snippets and her memories only became worse as she tried to look upon her more recent memories.

Her lips delved into a frown at the query, face darkening slightly. It was a rare sign of honesty on her own part and it was clear that he had touched upon a very sensitive subject. "I don't have a family to go back to," she said stiffly, seeing little problem in being honest. After all, no human would know where to look for where her family had once lived. "My parents are dead and my brother..." She grimaced. "He ran away ages ago, so who knows where he is." She didn't particularly care where Vincens was either, but she knew quite well that the blonde would not react well to that truth. Most people didn't much like the idea of apathy. "I'm better off finding some place new."

She rolled her eyes at his reaction to her comment. It was fairly clear that Kayden was a fairly self-conscious individual, particularly when compared to herself. "Because I wanted to try the food," she said truthfully. She had never been complex when it came to food. "And I wouldn't have gone somewhere if I couldn't afford it."

XOXO
PM
^
✧ KAYDEN DUNSMOOR
 Posted: May 5 2018, 04:25 AM

He messed up. He messed up big time. Kayden did not mean to ask such a question that he imagined to bring up such sad and painful memories for the other. He had no idea that her family were all dead and that her younger brother was missing for what sounded like a long time. He didn’t mean to bring it up. He was clueless about what she went through. If he had known, he would not have said a thing. But he didn’t. Now he felt bad. He wasn’t thinking. He just wanted to change the subject to not be about him not knowing anything regarding his past and traveling around looking for possible answers. He didn’t think anything about have come from it. He hadn’t meant to bring up a rough subject. He felt so bad because of it. So guilty because he was being careless.

Moving his orange gaze onto the floor of the restaurant, the blond studied it for a few moments, trying to find the right words to say. He wanted to apologize for bring such things up. He should have known better to just assume things. He never met another person who had memory problems so he acted out of turn. “S-sorry… I shouldn’t have asked…. I just thought that. Well, I didn’t know what I was thinking.” He replied back, finally bring his gaze back onto Poesy. “I hope you find somewhere new to call home.” He added in rather quickly. There was an attempt and he hoped that would be good enough.

Choosing to ignore the many pair eyes that were on the two of them was going to be hard, especially for someone like Kayden. He was not used to all this attention. He traveled around place to place in search of where he came from. No one hardly ever paid much mind to him. He could ignore it but it would be pretty hard. “So you know what you’re going to order? ….Because I have no idea.” He said, staring back down at the menu in front of him. There were too many choices for him to pick through. It did not help that a good number of them sounded so yummy. “…Um so I can get anything I want even if it costs a lot?”

386 — words
@MOMOtags
-- — notes

PMEmail
^
☥ POESY CASSEL
 Posted: May 7 2018, 01:14 AM

RAISE HELL
Poesy's reaction could only be described as odd. Instead of appearing to be troubled, confusion took over her expression at Kayden's reaction. The idea of guilt was completely foreign to her and beyond her capacity to feel. Her family was not something she would ever miss, particularly since the reason they were dead was her own fault.

"You don't need to apologize," she said, trying to measure her words carefully, "They have been dead for several years and we didn't exactly...get along." It was a gross understatement, truth be told. Her family had decided that they did not like the fact that she was a psychopath and decided to use magic they had not understood to bind her already stunted emotions so that she would not indulge in violence. She had not taken well to such actions at all.

"Maybe Kaiserschmarrn, if they are still serving that. Otherwise, Vanillerostbraten should work well.." She glanced up. "Sure."

XOXO
PM
^
✧ KAYDEN DUNSMOOR
 Posted: Jun 10 2018, 02:22 AM

The need for him to apologize was there whether Poesy believed it or not. Kayden had been certain of that fact. He spoke out of turn. He didn’t know that she had it worse than he did. She had no family to go back to. Not that she wanted to but still. It was the opposite of him. The blond thought so anyway. There was a high chance that he did have family out there somewhere around the world. No, he knew for a fact that he did. He just needed to find them and get his memories back. He wanted to apologize further than what he did but he could not find the right words without him feeling like he screwed up. She did say that he didn’t need to. It would be better to just feel it at that and ignoring how bad he felt.

A light sigh left him as he attempted to shove aside the guilt he felt. She obvious was not bothered by what he said preciously. There is no point in letting it drag out any farther than what it had been. “If you say so…” He found himself trailing off toward the end. “They were still your family. Don’t you miss them?” As a child with no home to go, the idea of having somewhere and someone to go back to was something that he wanted so badly. Living off the streets was not easy. He was sure that he would not last for much longer living the way he did.

Orange eyes stared at the menu in front of them, studying it for something Kayden would want to try. The thing was, he did not understand what most of the food items were. It didn’t help that it was in a language that he had no idea how to read. There was a lot to pick from which made the decision harder. “Okay… You can read this without any trouble?” He questioned, his eyes still scanning over the menu trying to decode it. “I can’t even understand what half this stuff is… I dunno what to get.”

355 — words
@MOMOtags
-- — notes

PMEmail
^
☥ POESY CASSEL
 Posted: Jun 13 2018, 09:05 PM

RAISE HELL
Poesy was not sure how to answer Kayden's question. The truth was that she did not miss her family and she never would. After all, she was the reason that they were dead, an action which had brought about what she imagined happiness felt like. Moreover, she doubted that she would even miss them if it had not been her who had torn them away from her life. She was not the same as other people, empathy being something that she lacked a great deal of and had never particularly loved. Any claims of love she had ever doing so had been lies used placate those who doubted her feelings. After all, the truth had been something she recognized that others would view as disturbing and her family would have likely done worse than they had upon knowing the full extent of what lurked within her mind. Only a glimpse had ended with them dampening what she could feel in the name of safety.

"I suppose," she said, allowing what she knew sadness to take over her face, "I mostly miss my younger brother; I was closest to him." It was a partial lie. She had been closest to Vincens, but she had loathed him, having found something truly detestable in him after the first time she had tried to kill him. However, she supposed if one compared that relationship to how she had felt for the rest of her family she did miss him the most. After all, all she had felt for her family was the distinct urge to shed blood and disdain, something which had become the urge to kill and fulfill her grudge. "My family didn't care for me much." That...that was not a lie. Her parents had not cared for her much, not truly. She did not need empathy to understand this. She knew they had only cared for what she could do.

She rose an eyebrow. "I can read enough of it," she admitted. French was her primary language, of course, but she had been in this country long enough to know enough to carry a simple conversation. Besides, she had never been picky and doubted she would hate anything she bought. "You could choose something at random and let it be an adventure." She knew some people liked that, though she somewhat doubted that this boy was the sort. He had only been worrying since she had talked to him, something which was distinctly annoying.

XOXO
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.