Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Sternrock's Finest, Western AU!
❂ EDWARD DELANO
 Posted: Jun 1 2018, 06:59 PM
38 • Human • Promises • N/A

@CIRRUS

At least he didn't freak out

Ah fuck, shit. Ain’t he jus tell her it was better to drink slow…? An this was why.

Ed took a deep breath, lettin it out slow as he scratched the back a his head. She was apologisin’ like crazy….weren’t like she meant ‘a do it….n’ sides that there was worse he’d seen here. Folks at got piss drunk n’ covered in blood, now that was somethin’ else. Blood didn’t clean so good. Piss jus stank as all fuck. Least she was only emptyin’ water really, her pitchin’ and hawin’ was pretty liquid without much filthy substance. Bit slimy lookin’ but not much a problem to clean up.

”Don’ worry about it. I told ya, drinkin’ slow’s gonna help ya a lot better. N’ that there’s why, ya get me?” He heaved another breath. There was some towels round the corner he could use for now, he’d give the place a proper cleanin’ when she was out n’ didn’t run the risk of makin’ more a mess. ”I seen a lot worse here girl, so yer fine.” Wasn’t sure if it was encouragin’ or what but he said it anyway as he went n’ retrieved the towel, layin’ it out to soak up as much of the more fluid parts as he could. He was glad it came out more liquid than chunks.

”So you wanna tell me why it is your daddy’s stuck ya with me? Got any ideas? Ain’t that I’m complainin’,” he added that quickly at the end, lookin’ up with what he hoped was a half decent smile. ”more it’s jus’ been years since any of ‘em even bothered with me. S’ jsut us now, you can tell me whatever you gotta say. It don’t leave these walls.” ….Mn. He might need a get himself a drink now too.

PMEmail
^
✧ CIRRUS
 Posted: Jun 16 2018, 12:45 AM
~50, appears 17 • Cloud • Imagination • Sky

dare me to fly high
and i'll go even higher
If Cirrus had thrown up at home, she'd probably be cleaning it up by now. But instead the man in front of her simply reached for a towel, and started mopping it up without complaint. She kept quiet, opting to sip her water as she tried to not watch the cleanup. She felt like such a burden, suddenly handed off into this man's life, taking up all of his time like this. And here he was, just going along with it as best he could, even though he clearly wasn't benefiting from it at all.

So when he asked her a hard question, she first felt compelled to clam up and not say anything, but felt obligated to at least help this man out as best she could. He was completely in the dark. Not that she had much of a clue either, as she hadn't even been told anything before being shooed into that car and whisked away. But, she did have some ideas. She tried to speak, her voice coming out scratchy and hoarse. She cleared her throat a few times, and sipped some more water, eventually regaining her words.

"I don't really know, either," she said shyly, trying to look at him while she spoke but failing, her eyes dropping to watch her hand gently fiddle with part of her dress, "but he always said that if I kept being a disappointment, he'd send me away. I thought he was just trying to scare me..." she trailed off, wondering exactly what had been the final straw. Her grades had never been great, and had even been slipping recently. Father always took particular ire whenever he found out she'd been 'wasting time' drawing when she should've been studying. Maybe he'd found her most recent drawings, or maybe it was her refusal to act the way he wanted her to act? She didn't know.

What she did know was that even though her life back home hadn't been one of happiness, she was sure she'd rather be back there than... wherever she was. She looked up at Ed. "How long do I have to stay here for?" She was hoping she'd only be out here for a short while... like a week or two, and then a carriage would arrive to pick her up, and she'd go home to... no, that wouldn't happen. She knew it, but kept that thought locked up behind a big wall of denial.

coded by blair of shine & ooc

@CARMA
PM
^
❂ EDWARD DELANO
 Posted: Jun 29 2018, 11:58 AM

@CIRRUS
he don't have a good answer sorry :(

Weren’t the worst shit he had to clean in this dump. Some folks were real filth that got locked up here, and the stench of piss and blood was overbearing on the worst days. Rounding up the drunks makin’ real fools a themselves was the worst, usually had a real good time cleanin’ those days. A little sick from a girl was nothin’. Specially since she was runnin’ on nearly empty, jus’ pukin’ up water really. Weren’t any pleasant, but coulda bin worse.

Least she was willin’ ta listen, sippin’ her drink a good bit slower, n’ even dared attempt an answer. Course, “I don’t know” wan’t that great a help….but he let her keep goin’, clearly she had more to say. Course what he was hearin’ weren’t any nice at all; that bastard Axel sayin’ shit like that an’ actually doin’ it was somethin different. Bu’ knowin’ that family he wan’t surprised none at all. They was sure quick ta drop him like he never existed, back in the day. But still, seein’ it happen to a little girl was jus’ heartbreakin’. Wild Eddie had a good stoic streak to him, but kids gettin’ any kinda hurt or abandoned weren’t never okay with him.

Leavin’ ya own daughter cause she wasn’t a perfect little doll….that weren’t nothin’ he could forgive.

But she still wanted to go back. Ed frowned, eyes narrowin a bit as he stood up, taking the rag n’ walking round the corner with it, tossin’ it in a pile of shit that needed washin’ or burnin’ dependin’ how bad it was. He gave her a look that was spose ta be sorta pleasant, but he weren’t sure how it came across, sure felt tight on his face. ”Probably till your daddy or some other pompous city rat comes out here on a golden chariot. They ain’t ever kept in touch with me since I left that shit hole, and I doubt they gonna start now just for your sake, lil’ sister.” He watched her playin’ with that dress a hers, n’ sighed. ”Which probly means you’re gonna need a change ‘a clothes. That ain’t gonna cut it here.”

PMEmail
^
✧ CIRRUS
 Posted: Jul 9 2018, 07:29 PM
~50, appears 17 • Cloud • Imagination • Sky

dare me to fly high
and i'll go even higher
Cirrus sank back in her seat, disappointed by the answer she was hearing. She knew the answer already, but hearing it out loud didn't help, especially given how unconvincing her uncle was being. An answer like that was the adult equivalent of saying 'I don't know,' so if the man caring for her didn't even know... She was stuck out here. No one was coming back for her, and the realization left her stunned enough to not even notice Eddie's use of a cuss word. This was her life now, whether she liked it or not. Right now, she didn't know how she felt. Numb, that was it. Empty? Maybe. The news of being stuck out here should've reduced her to tears, but nothing came, not even a slight tug of sadness.

Cirrus came back to her senses when Eddie paused to sigh, just in time for him to comment on her clothes. "What's wrong with my clothes?" she blurted, a little defensively. She liked them! Even though they were currently covered in vomit, she thought her dresses were cute, and she liked wearing them. On the other hand, even indoors, she was still dreadfully hot, and now that she'd noticed it, felt all the more uncomfortable about it. Maybe a change of style wasn't a bad idea, since she didn't have anything lighter. Actually, the thought of going shopping cheered her up a little, she always liked to go look at everything and choose her favourite, though that had become an increasing rarity back home.

"Actually, it is a bit hot for dresses," she admitted, sipping more water while she let her mind wander, wondering what styles girls wore out here.

coded by blair of shine & ooc

@EDWARD DELANO
PM
^
❂ EDWARD DELANO
 Posted: Jul 15 2018, 02:10 PM

@CIRRUS
Going out dress shopping would be super cute tbh

She had a real sucky look bout her, but Ed couldn’t much blame her. Just had her home ripped outta her hands and got dumped with some uncle she ain’t even know existed. He weren’t a real good “nice guy” type that she could easily fall in line with, nei’r. He was a bit rough….not the kind some princessy girl was gonna get on with right away. So yea he didn’t blame her for lookin’ like her cat got ate by the local wildlife.

Poor darlin’ was in for a real shock though if she thought she was gonna wear fancy dresses like that anymore. But, Ed didn’t even need to say nothin’; he saw the gears turnin’ in her head on her own right after she’d got all spooked by his words - she was startin’ to think, realizin’ what she was sayin’. Dresses was nice for city life but here? Sure didn’t fit. But he had a feelin’ he understood what she was upset about. If she was the kinda girl he was thinkin’...maybe he could get this ta work.

He smiled a lil’ wider when she admitted it herself, givin’ a nod. ”You darn right it is, hun. But if it’s that you wanna look cute, there’s ways ta pull it off here. Ain’t the same kinda cute, mind, but a girl’s got her way to be charmin’ even out here. For now I can probably fix ya somethin’ clean...nothin’ great, jus’ a simple shirt or somethin’ but it’ll be better than runnin’ around in whatcha got on now. We ‘n take you out n’ look at somethin’ you’ll like. Won’t be like shoppin’ in a big clothin’ mall like back home, but we make do. How’sat sound?”

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

TAGBOX

AFFILIATES

skinned exclusively by lauz.